cottage cheese

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
ive read a lot of people are into cottage cheese before bed, so i thought id try it out. with just one spoonful i couldnt do it. i ended up spitting it out. my question is what can i do to improve the taste? what are some of yall mixing yours with?

*edit* what brand of CC are you using, and is it fat free? i tried the HEB brand and my friend told me she loves CC but gagged on the HEB stuff.

itzgambino

Awards
i flavor mines with just a small packet of splenda and some cinnamon and that does the trick for me. I have also heard though that people mix it in with pudding as well.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
I use salt and pepper. Dipping potato chips in the cottage cheese is a great snack.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use salt and pepper. Dipping potato chips in the cottage cheese is a great snack.
But not healthy. :p

It tastes great with some peanut butter and low sugar jelly. :thumbsup:

I also love it with some chopped tomatoes and the seasoning "Spike".

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
fresh fruit like strawberries, peaches, pineapple are great with cottage cheese..i think peaches are the best. does add some simple sugars though. try starting out with the fruit, acquire a taste for it, then try and phase out the fruit, or use less..

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
sugar free maple syrup or honey also act as good sweeteners. i just recently tried it mixed with a scoop of chocolate whey and i have to say its pretty amazing, once you get it completely mixed it tastes kind of like thick chocolate pudding. great desert/snack before bed.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only thing I eat mine with is a spoon :p

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Check out the cottage cheese thread in the recipe section. I prefer mixing with sugar free jello powder, orange being my fav. Dump large container of CC in bowl, and pour jello packet in and mix. CC takes the flavor of pretty much what you put in it, at least fat free does. CC with more fat has a different taste and is usually a bit thicker consistency.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
1 cup FF cottage cheese with a hefty scoop of natty PB and a drizzle of organic honey every night for me. I sit down, shut up and eat it. That's all there is to it.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Normally I eat Cottage cheese with either Flax seed Oil, and\or Omega 3-6-9's for, but eating it with fruit actually sounds awesome!
Will try that one in my next snack :)
MK9

jef2007

jef2007

Awards
Hey i like cottage cheese , i think you need to lay off bad mouthing cottage cheese lol jk

i eat it plain i just like it.I eat it with my small meals. sometimes if i eat it with eggs i'll sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of it. ive also put a little honey on it not to bad. mostly eat it plain.if you have home taco's,you can have some with some salsa on it not to bad.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like it with scrambled eggs too!

I've been told that I don't have taste buds though...I refuse to believe this though, lol.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
I sprinkle some orange crsytal lite on it and it tastes amazing!

metacat

Awards
I have eaten soo much cottage cheese this is the only way I can eat it now. Mix up some tropical punch crystal light or any flavor. Put cottage cheese, a half scoop of vanilla protein powder and the crystal light in a blender blend till smooth and drink. Tastes pretty good I think. You can add more or less of each ingredient depending on taste and protein needs. I use a magic bullet to do the mixing. Those things work great.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Cottage cheese is disgusting, but I found I can eat it by buying small curd, and just swallowing it down (no chewing). Give it a try. Works for me.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i tried it with 1/2 cup of blueberries and it was "passable". im still gonna try other methods people are using.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't see what the big deal is:dunno:

I'm eating cottage cheese right now and I think it's delicious!!!

Costco777

Awards
French-Blue cheese dressing mine is made by Marzetti, not too much, but it gives it a good zing.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Try adding some of your favorite flavored Whey Protein to it. It makes it a hell of a lot more palatable. I usually use ON Double Chocolate flavored whey, use what you prefer, it helps a lot. Don't forget to mix it together well. It makes the cottage cheese taste like a crappy pudding lol.

Just my 2 cents.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Tonight i will be mixing in my cookies n creme casein. An experimental endeavor

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
theres a huge thread on this in the recipe section i believe

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I love cottage cheese solo, but often I'll mix in yogurt for taste and texture. My wife, who hates cottage cheese, does this in the morning or pre-bed and actually enjoys the snack. She absolutely cannot choke down any of my casein powders. If you like yogurt, you'll like this.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Do they make cottage cheese with cows piss or something in other areas? It seems like so many people say they can't stand it and I don't understand why. I like it straight from the tub....if it's Land O Lakes brand.

I guess it's just difference in people tastes. I would suggest seasoning with seasoned salt if you like it seasoned and salty. If you prefer sweet then go with peaches or some other fruit.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
crpay - It's not a taste issue with me. It's a texture thing. It just grosses me out. This is why I can handle "eating" it by just swallowing it down. It's when I have to chew that it becomes an issue.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
crpay - It's not a taste issue with me. It's a texture thing. It just grosses me out. This is why I can handle "eating" it by just swallowing it down. It's when I have to chew that it becomes an issue.
Okay, I get what you are saying. I forgot that food textures can cause things to be unbearable to eat.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, like some people swear off oats due to texture (where as I find the texture fine). Cottage cheese is really the only food I wont eat due to texture.

USMC7051

USMC7051

Awards
cottage cheese mixed with western salad dressing is always good

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive read a lot of people are into cottage cheese before bed, so i thought id try it out. with just one spoonful i couldnt do it. i ended up spitting it out. my question is what can i do to improve the taste? what are some of yall mixing yours with?

*edit* what brand of CC are you using, and is it fat free? i tried the HEB brand and my friend told me she loves CC but gagged on the HEB stuff.
Dude don't be a pussy.

Buy some fruits, fruits in a can.. pineapples, blueberries, peaches, etc.. mix it in with the cottage cheese, easy.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
Dude don't be a pussy.

Buy some fruits, fruits in a can.. pineapples, blueberries, peaches, etc.. mix it in with the cottage cheese, easy.
since i first made this thread, i tried borden's brand and started to add blueberries. 100x better. my goal is to do it solo, or mix it with something lower in sugar/carb. trying to stay away from carbs before bed.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
In the same family, Chobani (greek yogart) is pretty good. Good nutritional profile as well for a small snack. Vanilla or honey mixed w/ fresh fruit.

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
since i first made this thread, i tried borden's brand and started to add blueberries. 100x better. my goal is to do it solo, or mix it with something lower in sugar/carb. trying to stay away from carbs before bed.
Blueberries is REALLLY good with it, I had blueberries + mandarin small orange slices from a can with it. :)

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Tribaltek:

What kind of cottage cheese are you eating? The different types of have different textures (to an extent). Like low-fat is completely different then no fat and so on.......

Best,
WB

davidadzh

Awards
you can try adding cinnamon. if you are looking to put some slow digesting protein in you stomach before be there is no reason you can't opt for cheese.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
damn, put it in capsules... we really can't dump sugar on everything we eat. how do you feel about the taste of CEE? one i really love is green tea powder.

killfat

killfat

Awards
Cottage Cheese for me adds a thing layer of fat under my skin that I do not want. So does yogurt.