TRT thoughts.

masti

Awards
Hi everybody,

my doc prescribed Testosterone enatate to treat my low test symptoms. Low libido, lack of energy.

last measurement Test: 2.93 (range: 2.86-15.1) -
9 years ago has been the same low one. Think it has always been low, have been a fat boy and even gyno when I was 20 years. (has been removed) I'm almost 40 now. Lifting since 20 years.

I worry a little bit to jump on the TRT train with this doc, as it seems he is not an expert in this topic.
You think i should just give it a shot? My 1st prescription is 3x250mg. I was thinking about 125mg/week.

But I'm also reading protocols like 100mg/month to boost the bodys own production. Unfortunately I cannot find a protocol for this, neither somebody who tried it.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
100mg once a month is a terrible idea. You will feel terrible on that.

I personally am doing 125mg 2x a week. I would start at 100-150mg per week. You can do one or two injections. Some guys are fine on 100 once a week, others need 50 twice a week. Basically start low and build up until you find the level you feel good at and your health markers are in range.

As for your doc, just use him for the script and research trt to manage it yourself. There are very few docs who really know how to handle trt.

I would look up the doctors round table on YouTube. It’s by jay Campbell and there’s a lot of knowledge there. B

It’s a long process and will probably tak 6monrhs to a year before you get it dialed in

masti

Awards
thanks jdm, I was thinking the same for the doc to just get the script. He's really willing to help. Did you try subQ injects? Reading good stuff about it.
Could do 80 mg/week to start with as I got 250 mg vials.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
thanks jdm, I was thinking the same for the doc to just get the script. He's really willing to help. Did you try subQ injects? Reading good stuff about it.
Could do 80 mg/week to start with as I got 250 mg vials.
Yeah that’s what I do, he’s a good guy and good general doc. He just doesn’t know TRT.

I’ve done a little experimenting with it. I feel like I get more out of less if I go sub q from a mood perspective. However my libido doesn’t seem as high as when I do IM. Personally I think this has to do with the way my body aromatizes. Subq supposedly increases total T by 20% more vs IM if I remember right. However it aromatizes less and I’m a low aromatizer to begin with. So I think a lot of how you react to injection location depends on your personal chemistry.

I would personally start with whichever you prefer, stick with it for a while to get a grasp on how that feels so you can get a better comparison.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start low and assess to see how it is treating your symptoms and work up. The biggest mistake people start doing is chasing numbers thinking there is a magical one where everyone feels better and there isn't. Some feel better with high test others not so much.

Also keep in mind that total test is only a small part of the picture. You need to keep an eye on SHBG and free test as that is more important with regards to the benefits of TRT and the "feel". Get you CBC w/lipids because you want to manage hgb and hct. If your doc allows, add in e2 sensitive- some docs don't test unless you ask.

masti

Awards
yeah, I'm gonna start in a few days, ordered the stuff yesterday in the pharmacy.

found some more lab results i could show up to you. (that test had been from an urologist)

Test: 3.84 (ref 2.27-10.3)
shbg 32.4 (ref 10-57)
lh 3.4 (ref 1.1-7.0)

thyroid has been checked too, all numbers were in range.
Still having lot of thoughts why my test is that low. think it has to do with former fat boy syndrome during puberty and some eating disorder the years after.

lets see what the test will do to my energy. I will keep you updated.

& Anti-E are not prescribed in my country, thinking about some natural stuff, like Indol-3-carbinol / dim.
should i have it handy when i start with it? I'm sensitive to estro, knowing from itchy nipps when taking test boosters.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I'm gonna start in a few days, ordered the stuff yesterday in the pharmacy.

found some more lab results i could show up to you. (that test had been from an urologist)

Test: 3.84 (ref 2.27-10.3)
shbg 32.4 (ref 10-57)
lh 3.4 (ref 1.1-7.0)

thyroid has been checked too, all numbers were in range.
Still having lot of thoughts why my test is that low. think it has to do with former fat boy syndrome during puberty and some eating disorder the years after.

lets see what the test will do to my energy. I will keep you updated.

& Anti-E are not prescribed in my country, thinking about some natural stuff, like Indol-3-carbinol / dim.
should i have it handy when i start with it? I'm sensitive to estro, knowing from itchy nipps when taking test boosters.
Most estrogen sides in trt either come from your dose being too high or starting too fast in my opinion. Estrogen blockers can be really dangerous for guys to take long term. Just do a lot of reading on estrogen management for TRT patients NOT steroid users. I recommend finding literature from doctors listen to both sides of the AI debate and formulate your opinion.

In the mean time if you start low 100mg weekly split into 2 doses of 50mg each you won’t need an AI. Give it 4 weeks to stabilize and get tested.

Good luck brother!

masti

Awards
Most estrogen sides in trt either come from your dose being too high or starting too fast in my opinion. Estrogen blockers can be really dangerous for guys to take long term. Just do a lot of reading on estrogen management for TRT patients NOT steroid users. I recommend finding literature from doctors listen to both sides of the AI debate and formulate your opinion.

In the mean time if you start low 100mg weekly split into 2 doses of 50mg each you won’t need an AI. Give it 4 weeks to stabilize and get tested.

Good luck brother!
thanks buddy, thats why i was looking for natural stuff. Indol-3-carbinol is like broccoli pills.

as i got 250mg vials. can i just open it, take 5 insulin needles, pull em up and put them in the fridge in a sterilized box?
is there a need to replace the needle when injecting?