TRT / HRT question

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
if I start doing TRT / HRT does that mean I'm gonna need to be on it for the rest of my life? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, it's a lifetime commitment. It will shut you down...you could possibly return to your current levels if you stop though, but the longer you are on it, the more permanently shutdown you become afaik. Include HCG and you won't get completely shutdown, but I don't know how long the pituitary needs to recover from HCG, as it gets shutdown as well from the negative feedback loop occuring via external LH administration.

Short answer though, yes, lifelong decision.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Gutterpump,
but.........

depending on te reason why you would go on TRT/HRT and why would you stop it, you may have various points of view considering this problem.

Assume,
you are currently not feeling well, have ED, lack of stamina, depression, mental fog, hard to keep job, the usual problems people have when their hormones are out of tune.

You would definitely benefit from hormonal and nutritional tune-up.

But, say 15 years down the road, you are not able to stay on hormonal theraphy.

Stopping theraphy will cause you to regress,
but
you have bought your self 15 good years,
also
your bones, cardiovascular system are in much better shape that otherwise would have been. Most likely your glucose/insuline are also better.

So, if you have temporary set back, few monts or couple years, you are in much better position to weather it, until such a time that you can resume your hormonal theraphy.
Problems that people have when they exercise and stay in generally good shape,
is that they look healthy.
So it is hard for them to ask sickly looking doctor for advice.
Doctor will have a hard time figuring out if you actually have a problem.
You have to decide for your own self how much you want to tinker with your system.
Generally blood tests do not lie, specially if you do not feel too good.
If your results are still with in limits, but close to the bottom of the range, you are better off making adjustments.
The more indicators are on the bottom, the more important it is to make changes.
Buy book
The Hormone Solution
Stat younger longer with natural hormone and nutrition therapies
by Tierry Hertoghe, MD
Page 53 from his book

Attachments

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
yes, it's a lifetime commitment. It will shut you down...you could possibly return to your current levels if you stop though, but the longer you are on it, the more permanently shutdown you become afaik. Include HCG and you won't get completely shutdown, but I don't know how long the pituitary needs to recover from HCG, as it gets shutdown as well from the negative feedback loop occuring via external LH administration.

Short answer though, yes, lifelong decision.
I ve been on TRT for about 4 years now .Strange as it may seem i was mast*****ing more before i went in to it than i am now. I thought I was going to be a lot more hornier on it , and the list of sides included erections but on that level its been a disappointment.
I also said to the endo that body composition hadnt changed , I m still able to pinch about inch of fat around the navel , thats never changed before and during treatment.

His reaction was "we are not here to turn you into superman but to bring you up to the levels you should be"
Its certainly been a help with working out. Especially around the weeks it peaks in the blood (nebido -usually after 7 -10 days).I have thought about coming off it but not totally convinced that would be the right thing to do.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hrm, sounds just like a libido issue, but everything else is good? Energy, focus, etc?

Libido can be a lot of things. E2 levels, DHT, progesterone, prolactin, etc. Maybe work on getting your e2 into proper range and DHT to upper range, you'll be poppin wood non-stop.

edit: ahhh you're on nebido. well it doesn't seem like it's totally working for you, too much variation in levels over time imo. Do you have a chance to switch to shots e3d? (twice a week shots). I've started TRT a couple weeks ago, started immediately on HCG + T + AI, twice a week shots. I have been popping random wood all day now for the past week. Still waiting for libido to kick up a notch, still have an issue of taking too long to finish during sex. Not a problem for the girl but frustrating for me lol.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hrm, sounds just like a libido issue, but everything else is good? Energy, focus, etc?

Libido can be a lot of things. E2 levels, DHT, progesterone, prolactin, etc. Maybe work on getting your e2 into proper range and DHT to upper range, you'll be poppin wood non-stop.

edit: ahhh you're on nebido. well it doesn't seem like it's totally working for you, too much variation in levels over time imo. Do you have a chance to switch to shots e3d? (twice a week shots). I've started TRT a couple weeks ago, started immediately on HCG + T + AI, twice a week shots. I have been popping random wood all day now for the past week. Still waiting for libido to kick up a notch, still have an issue of taking too long to finish during sex. Not a problem for the girl but frustrating for me lol.

Unfortunately I have to have whats given so to speak as my treatment is free on the National Health Service .My next injection is due Tuesday and the nurse gives me that.I can request to have my E2 levels checked but suggesting I have HCG and an AI would be a non starter i think, I will suggest the E2 /DHT BLOOD test but being a nurse i guess it will get referred to the endo . I might even suggest paying for the tests.
I had thought about taking 6 oxo and have taken DIIM in the past. I eat broccollli/cauliflower/ white button mushrooms like theres no tomorrow .Thanks for the input

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try to stay away from steroidal AI's (such as aromasin, 6oxo, 6bromo, etc)...they have a direct affect on the AR over time. They are superior in the short term however.

Good luck with everything! I think finding enough evidence about HCG and an AI, as well as reasons for testing e2 + DHT and bringing that to your endo will bring you a whole world of difference to your TRT program. TRT is much more than just supplementing with external T.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Try to stay away from steroidal AI's (such as aromasin, 6oxo, 6bromo, etc)...they have a direct affect on the AR over time. They are superior in the short term however.

Good luck with everything! I think finding enough evidence about HCG and an AI, as well as reasons for testing e2 + DHT and bringing that to your endo will bring you a whole world of difference to your TRT program. TRT is much more than just supplementing with external T.
I have a copy of "THE TESTOSTERONE SYNDROME " by Dr Shippen which i found interesting. In that he makes reference to estrogen and how it impacts on libido , so I may take that along .

Would you say taking supplements like DIIM and reservatrol which are more natural are a better option then than something like 6 oxo?

Thanks again

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have a copy of "THE TESTOSTERONE SYNDROME " by Dr Shippen which i found interesting. In that he makes reference to estrogen and how it impacts on libido , so I may take that along .

Would you say taking supplements like DIIM and reservatrol which are more natural are a better option then than something like 6 oxo?

Thanks again
Get

Hormone Solution
stay younger longer
by Tierry Hertoghe, MD
-------------------------------------------
It is Hormonal manual, how to do it.
Written for doctors and patients.

Cook book with recipes style.
Hormones, doses, troubleshooting, the whole "kit and caboodle".
All that you want to know but was afraid to ask.

Look at one page.

Attachments