A more complete history of my tests levels

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Okay maybe I should have done this in the beginning. It all started about 6 months ago when I thought I was having a heart attack. I saw my doctor and he checked my blood pressure and did an ekg. Both were okay. He ordered a blood test.

Cholesterol 201 mg/dl <200 desirable
Triglycerides 69 mg/dl < 150
HDL Cholesterol 46 mg/dl < 40
Chol/Hdl ratio 4.4 ratio < 5.0 (noted as a problem)
Ldl Cholesterol 141 mg/dl <100optimal
T3, total 151 ng/dl 77-178
Free T4 1.0 ng/dl .60-1.70
Ultrasensitive TSH 1.15 uIU/ Ml .47-5.01

Glucose 89 mg/dl Fast: 70-99
Bun 16mg/dl 7-18
Creatinine 1.0 mg/dl .6-1.3
Sodium 138mEq/l 134-145
Potassium 4.3" " 3.6-5.2
Chloride 102"" 100-108
CO2 25"" 21-32
Calcium 9.4"" 8.5- 10.5
SGOT (AST) 17 IU/L 15-37
SGPT (ALT) 50"" 30-65
Alkaline Phosphate 62"" 50-136
Bilirubin, Total .02 gm/dl .00-1.00
Protein, Total 7.8"" 6.4-8.2
Albumin 4.5"" 3.4-5.0

Later I developed a gland under my left nipple and thought it was cancer,but it was gynecomastia. I saw a surgeon and he ordered this test.

Cortisol 14.8 ug/dl 6-28
Dhea 458 ng/dl 142-1410
Total testosterone 346ng/dl 190-1037
Estradiol 32pg/ml 20-75

Hepatic function profile
SGOT (AST) 21 IU/L 15-37
SGPT (ALT) 53 " " 30-65
ALKALINE phosphate 53" " 50-136
Bilirubin, total .3 mg/dl .00-1.00
Bilirubin, Direct .1 " " .00-.30
Protein Total 7.1 gm/dl 6.4-8.2
Albumin 4.2 gm/dl 3.4-5.0
Bilirubin, indirect .2mg/dl

I asked for a refferal to an endocrinologist and here are the test results.

FSH 5.7MIU/Ml 1.3-19.3
Lh 3.7MIU/Ml 1.2-8.6
Total testosterone 230ng/dl 190-1037
Free Testosterone 51.3 pg/ml 35-155
Prolactin 15.7ng/ml 2.6-13.1 (noted high)
SHBG 12nmol/l 7-49
% free testosteron 2.15% 1.5-2.2
Estradiol 55pg/ml <207
(changed method of testing)

Basic Metabolic Profile
Glucose 95mg/dL FAST:70-99
BUN 11mg/dL 7-18
Creatinine 1.0mg/dL 0.6-1.3
Sodium 139mEq/L 134-145
Potassium 4.1mEq/L 3.6-5.2
Chloride 104mEq/L 100-108
CO2 29mEq/L 23-31
Calcium 9.4mg/dL 8.5-10.5

So far my endo has said there is nothing wrong and ordered a retest. I am seeing him again tomorrow so hopefully good news on the tests or some form of treatment. Hopefully someone here can see something that might help me. And since all this started I quit smoking weed and cigarettes, alcohol, changed my diet, started exercising and lost 10 pounds. Thanks in advance and sorry it is so long.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Anyone? What about my thyroid my tsh is pretty low.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Anyone? What about my thyroid my tsh is pretty low.
To check your thyroid you need these tests:

41 T3 Free
42 T4,Free
43 reverse T3 (rT3)
44 Ultrasensitive TSH
45 Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)
iodine,
selenium,
zinc,
copper

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Thanks JanSz I will talk to my endo next visit. Do you notice anything else that sticks out to you in my blood work?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Update:

A couple months ago I retested and got these results not much different

Fsh 5.1 1.3-19.3
LH 5.7 1.2-8.6
TT 253 250-1100
%free test 1.87 1.5-2.2
free test 47.4 35-155
Prolactin 15.5 2.6-13.1 (second time out of range no mri endo says it is not a problem or else it would be elevated a lot more)

LH went up and test also, but very little. I have a more full panel in a month and a half. I was taking bromo,
but quit. I was dizzy sometimes and it didn't really feel like it was
helping. Endo is sticking to the fact that my free test is "in range".
To tell the truth I am sick of seeing doctors that all say the same thing
that nothing is wrong. I want to know the cause of my low test. It will be a while before I could afford to go see someone like Crisler.

I also worry about fertility. I have made my wife pregnant twice before one miscarriage and one abortion (mistake). Anyway it has been 5 months since we started trying and nothing yet. I mean if I was infertile wouldn't my fsh be elevated? Is testosterone always directly related to fertility? Is clomid then if it works HCG a viable option until I have kids and the money to make the trip out to crisler? If I lose enough weight and control prolactin is it enough?

I have floaters in my right eye and I have never taken anything except the bromo, low libido, fatigue, poor concentration, low sense of wellbeing.......Erections have gotten better though. Some days I struggle to get out of bed and I often wake up with a sore throat. Haven't done a sleep study yet. I am doing CKD diet now. I have lost about 20 pounds so far. I know it is effecting my levels as depression is more of an issue.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Update:

A couple months ago I retested and got these results not much different

Fsh 5.1 1.3-19.3
LH 5.7 1.2-8.6
TT 253 250-1100
%free test 1.87 1.5-2.2
free test 47.4 35-155
Prolactin 15.5 2.6-13.1 (second time out of range no mri endo says it is not a problem or else it would be elevated a lot more)

LH went up and test also, but very little. I have a more full panel in a month and a half. I was taking bromo,
but quit. I was dizzy sometimes and it didn't really feel like it was
helping. Endo is sticking to the fact that my free test is "in range".
To tell the truth I am sick of seeing doctors that all say the same thing
that nothing is wrong. I want to know the cause of my low test. It will be a while before I could afford to go see someone like Crisler.

I also worry about fertility. I have made my wife pregnant twice before one miscarriage and one abortion (mistake). Anyway it has been 5 months since we started trying and nothing yet. I mean if I was infertile wouldn't my fsh be elevated? Is testosterone always directly related to fertility? Is clomid then if it works HCG a viable option until I have kids and the money to make the trip out to crisler? If I lose enough weight and control prolactin is it enough?

I have floaters in my right eye and I have never taken anything except the bromo, low libido, fatigue, poor concentration, low sense of wellbeing.......Erections have gotten better though. Some days I struggle to get out of bed and I often wake up with a sore throat. Haven't done a sleep study yet. I am doing CKD diet now. I have lost about 20 pounds so far. I know it is effecting my levels as depression is more of an issue.
hey man sorry to hear of your troubles

my doctor also thought my testosterone total levels don't matter but never let them tell you that.. free test is important but at the least you want 400 total test, preferably 600 and ideally 800 or 800+

best bet would be dr. crisler indeed

do you have fatigue? if so it might be adrenal fatigue and this can help you up total levels (mine went up 176 points)

you can treat this with hydrocortisone and dhea, if no option to hydrocortisone you can try isocort

i read on meso board a guy who had no upgrade in test levels until he treated thyroid and then it went up also like 150 points.. so you really need to figure out ft4 and ft3

your old tsh looks good and t3 as well but they may have changed

how are your nuts? big and firm? it seems lh is being sent because it is a good level but not much testosterone is being made out of it.. clomid could be an option but if your testes are whack then you need testosterone replacement

the floaters may not be a good idea to combine with clomid for vision problems

for the prolactin something like bromo would be way to much, you can try vitex and b6 p5p form to lower it with lesser side effects

depression could mean low serotonin, you could try 5-htp before sleeping and get a good restful 8+ hours deep sleep every day and see if that improves and start with isocort

other than that a trip to a good doc would be preferable

good luck!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
hey man sorry to hear of your troubles

my doctor also thought my testosterone total levels don't matter but never let them tell you that.. free test is important but at the least you want 400 total test, preferably 600 and ideally 800 or 800+

best bet would be dr. crisler indeed

do you have fatigue? if so it might be adrenal fatigue and this can help you up total levels (mine went up 176 points)

you can treat this with hydrocortisone and dhea, if no option to hydrocortisone you can try isocort

i read on meso board a guy who had no upgrade in test levels until he treated thyroid and then it went up also like 150 points.. so you really need to figure out ft4 and ft3

your old tsh looks good and t3 as well but they may have changed

how are your nuts? big and firm? it seems lh is being sent because it is a good level but not much testosterone is being made out of it.. clomid could be an option but if your testes are whack then you need testosterone replacement

the floaters may not be a good idea to combine with clomid for vision problems

for the prolactin something like bromo would be way to much, you can try vitex and b6 p5p form to lower it with lesser side effects

depression could mean low serotonin, you could try 5-htp before sleeping and get a good restful 8+ hours deep sleep every day and see if that improves and start with isocort

other than that a trip to a good doc would be preferable

good luck!
Caffeine is another vice for me. I am really trying to cut back on it. Adrenal problems are definitely possible, but I don't know where to look. There is a history of thyroid problems in my family, but from what the endo tested he seemed to think nothing is wrong. Free T4 1.0 ng/dl .60-1.70 old results.

My nuts are normal size. I am concerned with fertility mainly. I mean isn't it a good thing that my LH and FSH are not elevated out of range regarding fertility. I am not concerned if I am primary or secondary I am mainly concerned with fertility right now.

I think it is a combination of different things. I am obese, I smoke marijuana (relapsed but quiting again), I am doing CKD, prolactin is out of range, and I have a varicocele. That is what I know right now without seeing someone that actually know what they are doing.

My test dropped 93 points in less than a year at 26 years old. WTF?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Caffeine is another vice for me. I am really trying to cut back on it. Adrenal problems are definitely possible, but I don't know where to look. There is a history of thyroid problems in my family, but from what the endo tested he seemed to think nothing is wrong. Free T4 1.0 ng/dl .60-1.70 old results.

My nuts are normal size. I am concerned with fertility mainly. I mean isn't it a good thing that my LH and FSH are not elevated out of range regarding fertility. I am not concerned if I am primary or secondary I am mainly concerned with fertility right now.

I think it is a combination of different things. I am obese, I smoke marijuana (relapsed but quiting again), I am doing CKD, prolactin is out of range, and I have a varicocele. That is what I know right now without seeing someone that actually know what they are doing.

My test dropped 93 points in less than a year at 26 years old. WTF?
My cousin, who was never obese smoked a lot of pot and was unable to have kids. You should be able to turn this around at your age by quitting and finding a diet that works for you. You'll need to have patience for it will take some time, but at 26 you have plenty of that to spare.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
My cousin, who was never obese smoked a lot of pot and was unable to have kids. You should be able to turn this around at your age by quitting and finding a diet that works for you. You'll need to have patience for it will take some time, but at 26 you have plenty of that to spare.
Yeah I hope you are right. I am trying to turn my life around health wise. My major accomplishment last year was quiting smoking cigarettes. I never thought I could do that. This year I want to give up caffeine and weed and I want to really cut back sugar intake.
So far CKD is working I lost 20 pounds. My plan is to continue it for two more months and then do a healthier diet. Time is good, but
sometimes it gets to the point where I know I need treatment. We'll see though.

Last edited:

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I hope you are right. I am trying to turn my life around health wise. My major accomplishment last year was quiting smoking cigarettes. I never thought I could do that. This year I want to give up caffeine and weed and I want to really cut back sugar intake.
So far CKD is working I lost 20 pounds. My plan is to continue it for two more months and then do a healthier diet. Time is good, but
sometimes it gets to the point where I know I need treatment. We'll see though.
good stuff i also quit smoking 7th of january last year, so one year smoke free

i do weed sometimes, but it is like two times a year when i visit a friend.. you know when it feels bad on your system ;) better quit this

otoh, i know plenty of guys who smoked and still smoke it daily (40+ now) who have kids without problems

caffeine lowering is best, for every caffeine cup take two water and try to lower the usage

go through it slowly, i am sure it will improve, and find a better doc in time.. i also thought that quitting smoking would be major improvement, but these things take time

i believe clomid can be used for fertility but you can also try and research some herbal stuff, not sure about this.. i am trying to avoid getting my chick pregnant ;) maybe in the near future i will be posting the same question though

goodluck

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
good stuff i also quit smoking 7th of january last year, so one year smoke free

i do weed sometimes, but it is like two times a year when i visit a friend.. you know when it feels bad on your system ;) better quit this

otoh, i know plenty of guys who smoked and still smoke it daily (40+ now) who have kids without problems

caffeine lowering is best, for every caffeine cup take two water and try to lower the usage

go through it slowly, i am sure it will improve, and find a better doc in time.. i also thought that quitting smoking would be major improvement, but these things take time

i believe clomid can be used for fertility but you can also try and research some herbal stuff, not sure about this.. i am trying to avoid getting my chick pregnant ;) maybe in the near future i will be posting the same question though

goodluck
Yeah I always tried to avoid getting my wife pregnant. The first time she got pregnant we had an abortion. The timing was really off we were having problems relationship wise and financial. Anyway we were wrong and we regret it. A few years later without trying to get pregnant she got pregnant again. She miscarried after about a month and a half. So now we are trying. It has been almost 5 months. In a month I am going to get a semen analysis. We'll see how that goes.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
If you are primary can you still have children?

Is there anything else that can be causing my low t?

Sleep apnea, obesity, aromatase, adrenal fatigue, thyroid....?????

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, so long as there is still function. Fertility drugs can be taken and a clinic can concentrate your swimmers and do an AI (this is the worst case scenario if you are still producing some swimmers).

Everything you mentioned can cause low T. Everything I've ever read told me that THC does not effect sex hormones though...but it is healthy to quit if you're not feeling good.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, so long as there is still function. Fertility drugs can be taken and a clinic can concentrate your swimmers and do an AI (this is the worst case scenario if you are still producing some swimmers).

Everything you mentioned can cause low T. Everything I've ever read told me that THC does not effect sex hormones though...but it is healthy to quit if you're not feeling good.
Yeah I mean it happened twice already naturally. The last time was about a year ago. I almost quit caffeine really working on the weed thing.

Last edited:
jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
What about my DHEA? I read if you have low levels you are more at risk for a lot of things. Is mine too low?

Another question maybe it is stupid. When you supplement Dhea is that perscription or is it the one I see at the health store in pill form?

thenxtgrt1

Awards
What about my DHEA? I read if you have low levels you are more at risk for a lot of things. Is mine too low?

Another question maybe it is stupid. When you supplement Dhea is that perscription or is it the one I see at the health store in pill form?
You may want to research transdermal DHEA products. Many are of the opinion that it more bioavailable than pill form.

Have you decided against using clomid?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
You may want to research transdermal DHEA products. Many are of the opinion that it more bioavailable than pill form.

Have you decided against using clomid?
I honestly don't know yet. I am waiting for my next tests and then I will decide from there. I want to see my natural levels. Fertility is my main concern right now. I have some clomid coming, but haven't decided when I am going to use it. I really want to conceive naturally if possible. TRT may be in my future, but I am not financially able to make the trip out to see Crisler. I am pretty far away. The clomid is backup until then. Maybe even some HCG. Whoever I see I want to try a restart first. My LH levels make me a little wary if clomid will work. I will take your suggestion on DHEA.

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't know yet. I am waiting for my next tests and then I will decide from there. I want to see my natural levels. Fertility is my main concern right now. I have some clomid coming, but haven't decided when I am going to use it. I really want to conceive naturally if possible. TRT may be in my future, but I am not financially able to make the trip out to see Crisler. I am pretty far away. The clomid is backup until then. Maybe even some HCG. Whoever I see I want to try a restart first. My LH levels make me a little wary if clomid will work. I will take your suggestion on DHEA.

I think you dont have any problem. you are worrying too much, Just keep trying . you will get a kid.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
I think you dont have any problem. you are worrying too much, Just keep trying . you will get a kid.

Thanks my wife is pregnant. We just found out. I wanted to wait to say anything, but I am excited. I hope we make it this time. :thumbsup:

darkblue1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks my wife is pregnant. We just found out. I wanted to wait to say anything, but I am excited. I hope we make it this time. :thumbsup:
Congratulations. Take care of your wife, especially regarding diet (good diet). Sea food ,pappaya and pine apple is not good for pregnant women.My wife is due on 20th of this month. Two more days to go. I am getting tensed.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
congratz man!

nice to hear it and hopefully everything turns out well!

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations. Take care of your wife, especially regarding diet (good diet). Sea food ,pappaya and pine apple is not good for pregnant women.My wife is due on 20th of this month. Two more days to go. I am getting tensed.
Thanks congratulations to you too. Yeah this is my first time so I'm a little nervous.