orally active resveratrol.... could IBE do it?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as how you guys succeeded with the peptide delivery, perhaps you could find a way to make resveratrol orally "active". By now we all know that resverarol is one of the new kings of anti-aging and probably performance enhancement, but the problem is getting it in without injection. Resveratrol is so damn sensitive that most in typical supplement form is degraded and/or not absorbed.

Any thoughts on this, IBE?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Now this is a fantastic idea and as for IBE's business model, this could really break out into the mainstream. There are 60 million baby boomers in the USA alone who would plop down good money to stave off death for a couple more years.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Seeing as how you guys succeeded with the peptide delivery, perhaps you could find a way to make resveratrol orally "active". By now we all know that resverarol is one of the new kings of anti-aging and probably performance enhancement, but the problem is getting it in without injection. Resveratrol is so damn sensitive that most in typical supplement form is degraded and/or not absorbed.

We will definitely talk about this and maybe speak with the people who designed our delivery system and get their opinion. They made the LR3 IGF-1 very surprisingly stable.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
the main problem with this chemical is air degrades it very fast making it more orally active would not be a problem but protecting it from air would be some what hard. we will look into it for sure I have been researching this chem for a while now but kind of gave up on it.
Maybe individual blister packs like they do for SAMe which has similar degradation issues?

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
maybe a you could suspend it in a capsule with some type of harmless gas or liquid fat.

Maybe you could put a positive/negative charge on it to repel air :)

There are a few Misunderstandings that we would like to address about Resveratrol.

1. Oral bioavailability isn't sufficient.

In Reality:

The extensive conjugation (sulfation and glucuronidation) doesn't mean that the compound has no oral bioavailability in humans. The question from those researching resveratrol has been how is resveratrol allowing for all of these beneficial effects despite having what they thought to be low oral bioavailability. One answer has been that perhaps, contrary
to the generalized rule of thumb that conjugation leads to inactivation, those
conjugated resveratrol metabolites were still somewhat active in serum. The
most recent answer with mounting evidence is that these conjugation products
are acting as reservoirs or endogenous/biologic pro-drugs in the body,
allowing for the release of free resveratrol locally and/or systemically after the
conjugation moieties (sulfate and Beta-glucuronic acid) are cleaved by
sulfatase and Beta-glucuronidase respectively (14-16). With this in mind, it explains
why a much lower amount of resveratrol than calculated (i.e., if we assume
conjugated products as permanently inactive metabolites) would need to be
administered in order to achieve necessary serum concentrations of the free
compound. A most recent study has in fact provided direct evidence to support this
hypothesis (17).

The fact that many who are actually providing original research are taking
regular trans-resveratrol provides some testament to the fact that oral
bioavailability isn't the issue it was once thought to be.

2. Insufficient stability and degradation of product.

In Reality:

The stability of resveratrol has only been shown to be an issue when one is
dealing with a reference standard of pure trans-resveratrol, not an extract
(18).

1. Wyke SM, Tisdale MJ. “Induction of protein degradation in skeletal muscle
by a phorbol ester involves upregulation of the ubiquitin-proteasome
proteolytic pathway.” 2006 May;78(25):2898-2910
2. Thaloor D, et al. “Systemic administration of the NF-kappaB inhibitor
curcumin stimulates muscle regeneration after traumatic injury.” Am J Physiol.
1999 Aug;277(2 Pt 1):C320-9
3. Tisdale MJ. “The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway as a therapeutic target for
muscle wasting.” J Support Oncol. 2005 May-Jun;3(3):209-17.
4. Wyke SM, Russell ST, Tisdale MJ. “Induction of proteasome expression in
skeletal muscle is attenuated by inhibitors of NF-kappaB activation.” Br J
Cancer. 2004 Nov 1;91(9):1742-50.
5. Juan ME, et al. “trans-Resveratrol, a natural antioxidant from grapes,
increases sperm output in healthy rats.” J Nutr. 2005 Apr;135(4):757-60.
6. Bowers JL, et al. “Resveratrol acts as a mixed agonist/antagonist for
estrogen receptors alpha and beta.” Endocrinology. 2000 Oct;141(10):3657-67.
7. Wang Y, et al. “The Red Wine Polyphenol Resveratrol Displays BI-Level
Inhibition on Aromatase in Breast Cancer Cells.” Toxicol Sci. 2006 Apr 11;
E-Published Ahead of Print
8. Turner RT, et al. “Is resveratrol an estrogen agonist in growing rats?”
Endocrinology. 1999 Jan;140(1):50-4.
9. Lu R, Serrero G. “Resveratrol, a natural product derived from grape,
exhibits antiestrogenic activity and inhibits the growth of human breast cancer
cells.” J Cell Physiol. 1999 Jun;179(3):297-304.
10. Bhat KP, Pezzuto JM. “Resveratrol exhibits cytostatic and antiestrogenic
properties with human endometrial adenocarcinoma (Ishikawa) cells.” Cancer
Res. 2001 Aug 15;61(16):6137-44.
11. Wu F, Safe S. "Differential activation of wild-type estrogen receptor
alpha and C-terminal deletion mutants by estrogens, antiestrogens and
xenoestrogens in breast cancer cells." J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Jan;103(1):1-9
12. Baur JA, Sinclair DA. “Therapeutic potential of resveratrol: the in
vivo evidence.” Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2006 Jun;5(6):493-506.
13. HemaIswarya S, Doble M. “Potential synergism of natural products in the
treatment of cancer.” Phytother Res. 2006 Apr;20(4):239-49.

14. Walle T, Hsieh F, DeLegge MH, Oatis JE Jr, Walle UK 2004 High
absorption but very low bioavailability of oral resveratrol in humans. Drug Metab
Dispos 32: 1377-1382
15. Wang LX, Heredia A, Song H, Zhang Z, Yu B, Davis C, Redfield R 2004
Resveratrol glucuronides as the metabolites of resveratrol in humans:
characterization, synthesis, and anti-HIV activity. J Pharm Sci 93:2448-2457.
16. Maier-Salamon A, Hagenauer B, Wirth M, Gabor F, Szekeres T, Jager W
2006 Increased Transport of Resveratrol Across Monolayers of the Human
Intestinal Caco-2 Cells is Mediated by Inhibition and Saturation of Metabolites.
Pharm Res 23:2107-2115
17. Abd El-Mohsen M, Bayele H, Kuhnle G, Gibson G, Debnam E, Kaila Srai
S, Rice-Evans C, Spencer JP 2006 Distribution of [3H]trans-resveratrol in rat
tissues following oral administration. Br J Nutr 96:62-70

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe anything you say anymore. Coindence that you're selling a res. extract? Of course not.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I have.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Wow, aren't we being a little temperamental ^^^
Nah man, it's just bad blood. I tend to get pissy when I've been mislead. :smite:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
You are programed for X-factor so its understood.
Yes, I am a convert to the Book of Llewellyn.

Whatever the case, I'm not gonna argue with you here on IBE's turf so let's just stop this.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess the real question is cost-effectiveness.

Rev, though it's minimal, has an oral bioavailability. But is it worth it to take in a specially designed carrier, or just take a larger amount of Rev?

Though I haven't really looked too hard, I haven't found anything quantifiable on oral absorption rates (if such rates have been established).

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I guess the real question is cost-effectiveness.

Rev, though it's minimal, has an oral bioavailability. But is it worth it to take in a specially designed carrier, or just take a larger amount of Rev?

Though I haven't really looked too hard, I haven't found anything quantifiable on oral absorption rates (if such rates have been established).
Well, the amount you'd have to take in would be HUGE. One of the more popular studies that showed all sorts of great improvements in rats (endurance, muscle, life-span, etc) would have had people taking like 4 grams per day. Right now, it would seem the best way to take it is get a very pure, sterile source and inject yourself.

But I actually may be on to another option. I'm talking with someone right now on the possibility of this other option and will most likely get some samples and test it out to see if it is worth it.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
There is a company on AM that puts in a transdermal.
How about a Nasal spray??

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
There is a company on AM that puts in a transdermal.
How about a Nasal spray??
Are you talking about LG's transdermal? That probably wouldn't work because it exposes the resveratrol to an oxygen rich environment. Not just during bottling but after application.

I don't think intra-nasal would be beneficial at all. I think the stuff would have to be in a gel cap or similar oxygen-free delivery.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the amount you'd have to take in would be HUGE. One of the more popular studies that showed all sorts of great improvements in rats (endurance, muscle, life-span, etc) would have had people taking like 4 grams per day. Right now, it would seem the best way to take it is get a very pure, sterile source and inject yourself.

But I actually may be on to another option. I'm talking with someone right now on the possibility of this other option and will most likely get some samples and test it out to see if it is worth it.
I know there's a few transdermal solutions out there, and it has a fairly acceptable molecule size & weight. I don't know how much science there is behind them or if it is protected in the carriers.

From what I've been able to read of wiki, it faces oxidation easily to form the inactive cis-isomer, hence it's antioxidant properties. I would imagine placing it in the presence of stonger antioxidants may assist in slowering the degrading process.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd definately like to see a version that works without taking in huge doses and costing a ton. I'm sure many of the brilliant minds here will come up with something. Seems to be an exciting year so far with all the things i've seen planned.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I know there's a few transdermal solutions out there, and it has a fairly acceptable molecule size & weight. I don't know how much science there is behind them or if it is protected in the carriers.

From what I've been able to read of wiki, it faces oxidation easily to form the inactive cis-isomer, hence it's antioxidant properties. I would imagine placing it in the presence of stonger antioxidants may assist in slowering the degrading process.
That's the problem with transdermals: oxidation. And I'm doubtful of the ability of other antioxidants to preserve it. That just doesn't sound like it would work. But who knows.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the problem with transdermals: oxidation. And I'm doubtful of the ability of other antioxidants to preserve it. That just doesn't sound like it would work. But who knows.
I agree other antiox's won't preserve it. The whole functionality of an anti-oxidant is to oxidize very easily, to form a stablized product (thus preventing autooxidation). My concept behind putting it in the presence of stronger antioxidants is that the electrons will be more apt to react with the less stable (more potent) antioxidant. Far-fetched? maybe a little, but I'm eager to help with this brainstorming.

I agree with your softgel idea. The bottom line is we need to minimize exposure and reactivity with O2.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
We also need to consider that antioxidants are basically reducing agents. Antioxidants reacting with oxygen can produce hydrogen peroxide, and who knows how that will mix with the Resv.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... The
most recent answer with mounting evidence is that these conjugation products
are acting as reservoirs or endogenous/biologic pro-drugs in the body,
allowing for the release of free resveratrol locally and/or systemically after the
conjugation moieties (sulfate and Beta-glucuronic acid) ...
That's not so. These conjugates are excreted even faster than they can be accurately measured. There's no repository effect from water soluble conjugates. Fatty esters are different, but these are virtually worthless.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's not so. These conjugates are excreted even faster than they can be accurately measured. There's no repository effect from water soluble conjugates. Fatty esters are different, but these are virtually worthless.
my thoughts exactly!!!:blink: :blink:

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Does anyone have an opinion on the Longevinex version?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
How are these things packaged anyway? Ampules?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Sounds cool!

You can go ahead and put my check in the mail now. :rofl:

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Grunt, described from the Longevinex website; airtight opaque capsule, encapsulated under nitrogen without light exposure; sealed in foil pack.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Described from the Longevinex website; airtight opaque capsule, encapsulated under nitrogen without light exposure; sealed in foil pack.
Is it just the resveratrol by itself?

EDIT: it looks like good stuff. Have to admit, I was actually surprised.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
No, there are several other ingrediants as well. check their website for a product label.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
IBE as found a orally active form of tans-Resveratrol thanks to Dr.D for this one. it will probably won't be ready for another 2 months or so before we release it.
That is just FANTASTIC.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Uh, but what is tans-reversatrol... As good as reversatrol itself? I can only assume...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Uh, but what is tans-reversatrol... As good as reversatrol itself? I can only assume...
I believe he meant trans-resveratrol. There are a number of related compounds but it appears that trans-resveratrol is involved in the sirt gene activation (stimulating longevity in flies, mice and hopefully humans).

I take a resveratrol supplement now but the supposed trans-resveratrol content is just educated guesswork on the part of the manufacturer.

Entrez PubMed

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I believe he meant trans-resveratrol. There are a number of related compounds but it appears that trans-resveratrol is involved in the sirt gene activation (stimulating longevity in flies, mice and hopefully humans).

I take a resveratrol supplement now but the supposed trans-resveratrol content is just educated guesswork on the part of the manufacturer.

Entrez PubMed
Yes, resveratrol is the same thing as trans-resveratrol. Same CAS#. You can assume they are the same unless is specifically says cis-resveratrol, or what ever other specific form is being referenced.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If you guys underprice that Longevex brand, you''l get a lot of business. The popularity of Rez is really growing and word is slowly getting out about trans-rez.

A little marketing in the right places and viola!

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Here's an abstract excerpt from a study done in 95 (I only have an abstract, but I think the conclusion indicates more stability than what is being percieved at this juncture), that indirectly indicates that as long as resveratrol (trans) is properly manufactured and bottled (excluded from high pH buffers and kept out of light).... trans-resveratrol can avoid isomerisation for months.... I'm sure avoiding high pH buffers and light can easily be achieved by various manufacturers.

"Resveratrol has attracted interest as a wine constituent that may reduce heart disease. Published data on the molar absorptivity and chemical stability of cis- and trans-resveratrol have varied greatly. Accurate values for UV absorbance for trans-resveratrol [UV max (EtOH) nm () 308 (30 000)] and cis-resveratrol [UV max (EtOH) nm () 288 (12 600)] were determined and are used to improve chromatographic quantitation methods. Trials conducted under a variety of commonly encountered laboratory conditions show that trans-resveratrol is stable for months, except in high-pH buffers, when protected from light. cis-Resveratrol was stable only near pH neutrality when completely protected from light."

[highlight]Resveratrol: Isomeric Molar Absorptivities and Stability[/highlight]
Resveratrol: Isomeric Molar Absorptivities and Stability

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am VERY interested to say the least, and I would love to get it from u guys, so whats the latest ?????

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am VERY interested to say the least, and I would love to get it from u guys, so whats the latest ?????
Top secret stuff :D. Don't worry, you know I am always Johnny on the spot when it comes to keeping everyone updated lol.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so what are all the exact benifits of resveratrol and through what avenues does it work? is it a GH booster? what kind of effects does it have sides wise? or is this one of those all good compounds?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow very nice sounding! id def be interested if this could be made available in an acceptable form! leave it to IBE and Dr D:rolleyes:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
In a nutshell...

Rez does lots of different things but one of the primary actions is to shut off all the gene triggers associated with hypercaloric diets. These gene triggers are intimately involved in the aging process and therefore make one more prone to age-related diseases such as atherosclerosis, cancer brain degeneration etc.

Shutting them down allows people like us to continue to eat a lot to maintain our physiques but metabolically and genetically the body is closer to a state of hypocalorism which is very well known to enhance lifespan in human and animal models.

On the whole, Americans are developing a shorter lifespan, despite our elevated living conditions, due largely to caloric excess and heavy reliance on low GI carbs/high saturated fat intake.

I notice, and I'm sure many of you do, that when bulking I feel slow and lethargic. Cutting, I feel a lot zippier mentally and physically. Perhaps high doses of Rez can give us the benefits of cutting/hypocaloric situations even when living hypercaloric lifestyle.