Sciatica

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

My father is laid up with a sciatica that has left him in so much pain he can't get up and get around.

The doctors have done nothing for him other than give him drugs to mask the pain.

Anyone have any ideas on supplements or anything else that can be done to help him out.

He said he was at work (he works as a bridge operator in Florida, no real physical demands) and he just turned the wrong way and it left him practically paralyzed on one side.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
This might sound really dumb, but my mate had lower back pain for a year, he was seeing a chiro and it did nothing for him, he ended up going to indonesia and there was a chiropracter there who fixed his back up in 2-3 visits.

zues

Awards
I had a similar situation caused by 2 herniated discs. I couldn't stand straight, my shoulders and hips weren't level and I couldn't tie my own shoes. After alot of research I went to a top notch neurologist at Mt. Sinai in NYC. Had surgery and after 3 months was fully healed and felt better than I had for the previous 8 yrs. I am fully recovered and can do all the things I used to, lift, ski, etc. Bottom line is go to the best doctor you can find who keeps up with new ways of treating the issue and who deals in that area on a regular basis. Best of luck to your father.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a herniated and have found that a great mattress goes a long way. I too couldn't tie my shoes in the morning yet alone actually sleep at night. My generic tempurpedic hasn't fixed my problem, but it has helped tremendously.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
Look for the enteries from Storming Norman in this thread if it is a buldging disk, but you haven't said what is causing the pain from sciatic nerve. Could be spinal misalignment, bone spurs, inflamation or a buldging disk. I would definitely try the cissus on it. DRX-9000 stretching machine and IGF-1R3 are what helped with the buldging disk. The PGH-T may help some too. Glucosamine/Chrondroitin can help reduce inflamation.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/50079-spinal-joint-arthritis.html

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using cissus too and it has helped in my case b/c I have a lot of inflammation.

Phoenix rising

Awards
Hi guys,

My father is laid up with a sciatica that has left him in so much pain he can't get up and get around.

The doctors have done nothing for him other than give him drugs to mask the pain.

Anyone have any ideas on supplements or anything else that can be done to help him out.

He said he was at work (he works as a bridge operator in Florida, no real physical demands) and he just turned the wrong way and it left him practically paralyzed on one side.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful.

Thanks
I tried everything and was weventually diagnosed permantely disabled by the doctors at Emory. Then i found a neuro surgeon that referred me to a pain management doctor. I had an outpaitent procedured called radial requency. This surgery was a blessing and allowed me to get back to normal life.

I also found a inversion table to be a great aid for deloading the pressure on my disc.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend a chiropracter. A good friend of mine went to one to get an "alignment" and found it was his L3 and L4 discs that needed to be "realigned" again. Once done, the entire problem went away and never returned.

Sounds like your dad may have the same problem. Cost of X-ray and an adjustment was under $100. Well worth it if you ask me.