ZOO's AHRT Project: Super TRT, Injury, and Recomp Experiment

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanksgiving is my favorite all-out day no matter what ha. If I had a show the next day I’d still do it big .

Even the hangover I had this year couldn’t stop me yesterday
Hell, bro, I don't blame you for one second. Thanksgiving is easily the best eating day of the year. Shits on Christmas by far. It's easy for me to say "no" to getting excessive this year because I'm a fucking reclusive, no-life loner haha. Plus, I decided not to smoke weed before going lol

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 30 November 2019

WEIGHT: 236.0 lbs

Solid squat day!!! Much improved since the last. I managed to hit 5x5 with 365 lbs. Next time I'll shoot for 6-7 reps or add 5 lb plates and try for 5x5 with 375 depending on how I'm feeling that day. Took me a little longer to finish up because a buddy was at the gym and we got talking for a minute about my brother (currently in jail). Plus, he's a good dude so I couldn't be rude lol.

I'll be skipping push-ups in today's Pump Circuits because I don't want to get greedy and lose the progress in my arm. I think I've been pushing it a bit much the last couple of days so it is about time to pull back and let it heal more. Most likely will keep kickbacks in though.

Notes:
- Meal 2 replaced with motherfucking bison burgers!!! 9.75oz Bison (90%) + 1 Bun + Mayo/Ketchup
- Meal 3 potato lowered to 4oz.
- Meal 5 potato lowered to 6oz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Workout #1 (Squats) (85 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Squats
45 lbs: 12 (WU)
135 lbs: 10 (WU)
225 lbs: 5 (WU)
315 lbs: 3 (WU - add knee sleeves)
365 lbs: 1 (WU - add belt)
405 lbs: 1 (WU)
365 lbs: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
315 lbs: 9, 8, 7, 5, 5

Lying Leg Curl
180 lbs: 16, 11, 7
70 lbs: 14, 10 - unilateral

Seated Leg Curl
300 lbs: 10, 7, 9
140 lbs: 14, 10 - unilateral

Seated Calf Raise
3 Plates: 15, 14, 14, 14, 10

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a lot of squats! I am tapered down to peak for comp next week tho so anything more than 3 reps makes me lightheaded at this point.

We had a second Thanksgiving to go to last night and I was so full from my meal I barely got one slice of pie down

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a lot of squats! I am tapered down to peak for comp next week tho so anything more than 3 reps makes me lightheaded at this point.

We had a second Thanksgiving to go to last night and I was so full from my meal I barely got one slice of pie down

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want huge legs now haha. Kinda jelly of your guys' awesome food splurge ;) but that's okay. Onward and forward with the objective... to get bonafide aesthetic and ultra-fuckable lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want huge legs now haha. Kinda jelly of your guys' awesome food splurge ;) but that's okay. Onward and forward with the objective... to get bonafide aesthetic and ultra-fuckable lol
Eh I’m pretty ready to get on a healthier meal plan that’s not half crap. One more week!

You wanna get their attention, make sure you have some developed glutes. Women love a nice butt as much as a man does, in my experience.

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eh I’m pretty ready to get on a healthier meal plan that’s not half crap. One more week!

You wanna get their attention, make sure you have some developed glutes. Women love a nice butt as much as a man does, in my experience.
So damn true!!! This ass has gotten me more ass than my chest or arms haha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 1 December 2019

WEIGHT: 235.2 lbs

Technically today was the my original goal date to hit 232 lbs, but as stated previously this isn't nearly as important as furthering gym/physical progression while still heading towards sitting in a comfy 230-232 range. Overall, I am very pleased with how things are going with all obstacles considered right now. I think another 10-14 days will have me right where I want to be before proceeding to the next goal.

I have a slick bottle of Shake n' Bake (SNB), which is the injectable fat burner Bostin had used. Making a strong consideration to use this once I reach the target weight. I will first evaluate my body composition, arm status, and gym progression at that time before pulling the trigger. It's very potent and should not be taken lightly - I'm not a huge fan of DNP, tbh. I want to be in an optimal position to take advantage of both the extreme fat loss and possible rebound that I can make following its discontinuation. Ideally, my arm will have healed enough that upon finishing the cycle of SNB that I can get the most out of putting mass back on my upper body while still holding onto a lower body fat percentage.

Notes:
- Legs are shot from squats yesterday. It seems unlikely that I will be able to do my Squat Pyramid tomorrow. If that's the case I will replace with Farmers Walks.
- Potato lowered to 4.5oz in Meal 1, 2, 4, 5
- Blueberries will be lowered to 140g moving forward. This is the actual 1 serving size amount. I may use 100g on my off days, but will wait and see how my weight/strength is before doing so.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you monitor your fasted blood sugar at any intervals? You may want to get some numbers if not before you start the SNB. Alex Kikel was discussing in his podcast he has successfully used it to reset glucose levels for his athletes who have over-abused GH. Would be interesting to see how they’re affected before and after a regiment. He was talking big drops, like over 10 points in very short spans of time.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recently got some demon drops 👹 how do you recomend taking them.. so far i have used one at a time. pre work out... not sure if related but later that night i will feel a bit of heart palps... obviously i dont need that to exacerbate. i have been working out in the am and this is happening around 8-9 at night. i am going to try again today and will note any thing worthy.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you monitor your fasted blood sugar at any intervals? You may want to get some numbers if not before you start the SNB. Alex Kikel was discussing in his podcast he has successfully used it to reset glucose levels for his athletes who have over-abused GH. Would be interesting to see how they’re affected before and after a regiment. He was talking big drops, like over 10 points in very short spans of time.
I don't but I should. I'd be interested to see what mine looks like. I keep my carbs very reasonable and use my GDA so I wouldn't mind seeing where it is at currently, before SNB, and after SNB. Definitely makes sense that DNP could have this effect. Good info, Hyde!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recently got some demon drops 👹 how do you recomend taking them.. so far i have used one at a time. pre work out... not sure if related but later that night i will feel a bit of heart palps... obviously i dont need that to exacerbate. i have been working out in the am and this is happening around 8-9 at night. i am going to try again today and will note any thing worthy.
Hmmmm seems strange that those would occur so far away from when you actually use the drops. Likely not related but definitely worth monitoring. If it happens again then try stopping drops and see if that ceases the palps. Do you use other sources of caffeine like coffee, etc in later parts of the day? It could be an accumulation effect of dmaa and caffeine.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 2 December 2019

As expected, my legs are still pretty fried from the heavy squat volume the other day. Instead, I focused on chest/shoulders and then added light farmers walks at the end. Arm feels overall decent at the moment which is good considering I started off the workout with the chest press machine. The exercise itself felt good and strong with some nice rep ranges as compared to previous weeks. I was able to "push" it more thoroughly too without that unstable feeling at the "top" of the motion. Elbow did a crack/pop (kind of like how knees do lol) on the first rep for the first couple of sets but no pain and no issues following... so far.

I think I have a good training rotation in place now. I'll post it up tonight if I get time (aka don't forget to do it lol)

The Black Weekend week-long Sale was a success. Kept me nice and busy. I need that right now to keep my mind occupied from negative thinking. Thank you everyone who purchased from Vicious Labs and/or Gainbusters. My motivation is feeling a bit revitalized and hope to build off that momentum.

The last two nights I was able to keep the cardboard piece in my wrist brace the whole night so my hand wouldn't clench. Not sure if the lessened discomfort is a sign of progress or just getting used to it. Either way it's good that I'm not holding a death grip for 7-8 hours. Gotta say my hand feels weird when I wake up though haha

Notes:
- Meal 1: Oatmeal lowered to 50g
- Meal 2: Replaced with 9oz Bison (90%) + 1 Bun (40g carbs)
- Meal 3: Potato lowered to 4oz
- 25mg Anavar added pre-bed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Workout #2 (Chest/Shoulders) (85 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Chest Press
345 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 5

Seated Cable Fly
48.4 lbs: 8, 8, 6

Upward Cable Fly
35.2 lbs: 10, 9, 8

Pec Dec
220 lbs: 11, 9, 8, 9

Reverse Pec Dec
220 lbs: 13, 12, 9 - drop to 150
150 lbs: 11, 12, 10

DB Lateral Raises
65 lbs: 8, 8, 8

DB Unilateral Raises
55 lbs: 13, 11, 8

Upright Cable Rows
115 lbs: 8, 9, 8

Cable Front Raises
22 lbs: 12, 12, 12

Farmers Walks
45 lb plates: 3 sets of 3 laps (long lap)

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 24 November 2019

WEIGHT: 235.0 lbs

Notes:
- Meal 1: Oatmeal lowered to 50g
- Meal 2: Replaced with 9oz Bison (90%) + 1 Bun (40g carbs)
- Meal 3: Potato lowered to 5oz
- 25mg Anavar added pre-bed

GYM SESSION: Workout #5 (Squat Pyramid/Farmers Walks/Calves) (65 minutes)

Squats
Air: 12
135 lbs: 10
225 lbs: 6
315 lbs: 3
365 lbs: 2
415 lbs: 1
365 lbs: 2
315 lbs: 3
225 lbs: 6
135 lbs: 10
Air: 12

Farmers Walk (Trap Bar)
315 lbs: 4 sets of 1 lap (long)

Standing Calf Raise
4 Plates: 10, 9, 8, 8, 7

Seated Calf Press
245 lbs: 8, 10, 11, 13, 11

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

So true. Thanks to years of hockey i basically avoid glute work cuz I already can’t find pants that fit that don’t cost $500

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 1 December 2019

Technically today was the my original goal date to hit 232 lbs, but as stated previously this isn't nearly as important as furthering gym/physical progression while still heading towards sitting in a comfy 230-232 range. Overall, I am very pleased with how things are going with all obstacles considered right now. I think another 10-14 days will have me right where I want to be before proceeding to the next goal.

I have a slick bottle of Shake n' Bake (SNB), which is the injectable fat burner Bostin had used. Making a strong consideration to use this once I reach the target weight. I will first evaluate my body composition, arm status, and gym progression at that time before pulling the trigger. It's very potent and should not be taken lightly - I'm not a huge fan of DNP, tbh. I want to be in an optimal position to take advantage of both the extreme fat loss and possible rebound that I can make following its discontinuation. Ideally, my arm will have healed enough that upon finishing the cycle of SNB that I can get the most out of putting mass back on my upper body while still holding onto a lower body fat percentage.

Notes:
- Legs are shot from squats yesterday. It seems unlikely that I will be able to do my Squat Pyramid tomorrow. If that's the case I will replace with Farmers Walks.
- Potato lowered to 4.5oz in Meal 1, 2, 4, 5
- Blueberries will be lowered to 140g moving forward. This is the actual 1 serving size amount. I may use 100g on my off days, but will wait and see how my weight/strength is before doing so.
Would like to hear more about the SNB if possible

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So true. Thanks to years of hockey i basically avoid glute work cuz I already can’t find pants that fit that don’t cost $500
It’s hard to believe that there is even a market for $500 pairs of jeans. People are ridiculous. Lol

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would like to hear more about the SNB if possible
Haven’t used it yet. Just sitting on it right now. Need to get some 1ml syringes though because Bostin said the liquid is too thick for insulin needles. He also said that it’s super potent and that just .25ml was almost too much in one shot. Recommended doing .10ml several times per day. I attached the profile for SNB.

Attachments

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 4 December 2019

WEIGHT: 235.8 lbs

Well I'm definitely single now so I think I'm going to start pushing this recomp/cut a little harder in order to get my aesthetics back. This isn't so much to attract females, but rather to have something to occupy my focus. I feel that I'm making some decent headway with my physique as it is and am curious to see what I can do now that I have a very strong hold over my nutrition.

I've made some modifications to my nutrition program, which I have noted below, and increased my training volume/frequency as well (also see below). With these two variables fine tuned a bit more I should be able to securely reach my 230-232 lbs goal within the next 2 weeks and possibly push that to 225 lbs by mid-January. This will depend on how I look at the point of 232 lbs and how far along my arm has healed. I'm also at a delicate balancing point of fat loss while retaining performance and my proposed plan may change as to not have an adverse effect on my training capacity.

For the past week or so I've been doing the 15 lb dumbbell kickbacks as part of my daily pump circuits and they seem to be getting stronger and more comfortable to do. I'm still a way off from doing barbell bench press, but will likely be able to actively train my triceps soon. It is my hope that my elbow/arm will be able to support free-weight pressing movements better after healing more and having strengthened my triceps, forearm, and biceps muscle back up again.

As far as PEDs are concerned, I won't be making many changes. The only notable thing I will be implementing is my experiment of taking 10mg of Superdrol pre-bed on training days as opposed to 25mg of Anavar. I was going to hold out a bit longer before doing this but with the nutrition/training changes and my ability to better train arms this may be an opportune time to test it out. Of course, I also have SNB on standby to expedite things; however, I have not decided how or when to implement this other than that I will first reach 230-232 before considering it.

My peptides are scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I will resume daily injections of TB and BPC into the afflicted area. I plan on using these for a period of time and will eventually include rotations into other areas: left elbow, knees, and left shoulder, which definitely could use some love.

Food modifications:
- Recovery days: Meals 1-5 will contain 4oz of potato.
- Recovery days: Meal 3 will use 100g of blueberries (compared to 140g).
- Training days: Meal 3 will contain 4oz of potato. Blueberries unchanged.
- Bison burgers will remain a flexible component of my diet. On training days there is a 150 calorie surplus above the base plan when eating a 9oz bison burger in place of a normal beef/potato meal. This will be compensated for by removing the nuts in Meal 6. If I find myself eating a bison burger on a recovery day I will also pull an egg from Meal 3.

TRAINING SESSIONS: (75 minutes; warm ups [WU] included)
Workouts may see increases or decreases in volume based on response. Similar or variant exercises may be incorporated as needed. Tricep exercises will be added when able to.

Workout #1: Squats/Hamstrings
1) Squats: 10 sets (5 at 5 reps; 5 at 8-10 reps)
2) Lying Leg Curl: 5 sets
3) Seated Leg Curl: 5 sets
4) Calves: 5 sets

- - - Recovery Day - - -

Workout #2:
Chest/Shoulders

1) Chest Press Machine: 6 sets
2) Seated Cable Fly: 3 sets
3) Upward Cable Fly: 3 sets
4) Pec Dec: 4 sets

5) Reverse Pec Dec: 6 sets
6) Lateral Raises: 3 sets
7) Unilateral Raises: 3 sets (free or cable)
8) Front Raises: 3 sets
9) Upright Rows: 3 sets

10) Light Farmers Walk (45 lb plates): 3 sets of 3 laps

Workout #3: Squats/Farmers Walk/Calves
1) Squats: pyramid
2) Heavy Farmers Walk: 4 sets of 1 lap
3) Calves: 10 sets (2 exercises)

- - - Recovery Day - - -

Workout #4:
Leg Press/Quadriceps

1) Leg Press: 16 sets (4 sets for 4 different weights)
2) Leg Extensions: 5 sets
3) Horizontal Leg Press: 4 sets of 25 reps
4) Inner Thigh: 5 sets

- - - Recovery Day - - -

Workout #5:
Rack Pulls/Back/Biceps

1) Rack Pulls: 6 sets (2 sets for 3 different weights)
2) Barbell Rows: 3 sets
3) Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets
4) Low Rows: 3 sets
5) Lat Pullover: 3 sets

6) EZ Cable Curl: 3 sets
7) Unilateral DB Curl: 3 sets
8) Seated Cable Curl: 3 sets
9) Unilateral Cable Curl: 3 sets

- - - Recovery Day - - -

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, yeah. I updated the site today. Still have a bit more work to do but it reflects the new direction. Also did a couple mock labels for potential new prohormones to be added to the stable.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, yeah. I updated the site today. Still have a bit more work to do but it reflects the new direction. Also did a couple mock labels for potential new prohormones to be added to the stable.
Sorry to hear about the lady troubles, but new site labels look good. Keep your head up.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven’t used it yet. Just sitting on it right now. Need to get some 1ml syringes though because Bostin said the liquid is too thick for insulin needles. He also said that it’s super potent and that just .25ml was almost too much in one shot. Recommended doing .10ml several times per day. I attached the profile for SNB.
Yeah I had found it from I’m sure the same source. Was just hoping you had some experience with it already. It seems potent

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That seems like an extremely reasonable profile Bostin has actually based on what I’ve read. Color me surprised.

I have been doing a 9-day microcycle instead of the traditional 7-day training week the last 4 months at least and it’s great not to be tied to what weekday it is.

Sorry for the grieving you’ll inevitably work through coming out of that past relationship, but I am excited for the new possibilities ahead for you. For now I would allow yourself extra walks or even LISS cardio if you want them, and enjoy lots of podcasts or zen meditation music when you do it.

You can view things in life as obstacles or opportunities.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It’s hard to believe that there is even a market for $500 pairs of jeans. People are ridiculous. Lol
Right?! On the bright side, since skinny jeans are apparently the only type of trendy jeans, all the regular or wider leg ones are on the clearance rack ha. I actually found wranglers at Walmart that are like “extra wide” or something that actually fit a 30” waist and 32” length that aren’t skin tight around my thighs. $17 hahahaha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, guys. Tbh, I'm not all that upset by it. The relationship has been dissolving for some time now and for the past few weeks, especially, "being with her" has made me feel more lonely than being by myself. But I worry a lot about her and do miss her, undoubtedly. Sucks that I'm injured at this time lol. For now I will simply put "Let Her Go" by Passenger on loop and crush iron haha. On the upside I can compete now if I choose to - I told her I wouldn't do anymore shows if prep was too much of a strain.

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 5 December 2019

WEIGHT: 235.6 lbs

Aside from the 10 minutes I had to wait to get on leg press this morning, I had a great leg workout. It took me the first couple of sets to really get into the grind, but quickly got things moving just right after I broke my body in. Managed to hit some better numbers on the Leg Press, but lost a few reps on leg extensions, which isn't of any real consequence. I'm pretty stoked that I'm not only holding my training performance, but am also making some improvements here and there. Most importantly, however, I absolutely destroyed my quads :D

Got my peptides in stock and am ready to rock. I can't wait to get back to pinning TB and BPC daily again so I can accelerate the healing process more. Each day that passes I feel that I am getting closer to actively training my triceps at the gym. For now I will keep with my dumbbell kickbacks at home. I am confident that I could successfully do cable/machine tricep exercises at the gym but simply do not trust myself to refrain from getting carried away lol.

Had another crazy dream. This time I had a compound fracture near where my arm is injured. Not surprising. Fortunately, I have not broken a bone so my mind didn’t have a pain to reference so it was not as traumatic as the scalpel dream, but the visual was alarming haha.

No food alterations today.

GYM SESSION: Workout #4 (Leg Press/Quads) (75 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Leg Press
8 Plates: 12, 10, 10, 8 <- drop to first set of 7 plates
7 Plates: 9, 10, 9, 9 <- drop to first set of 6 plates
6 Plates: 12, 12, 12, 11 <- drop to first set of 5 plates
5 Plates: 13, 13, 13, 13 <- drop to first set of 4 plates

Horizontal Leg Press
380 lbs: 25, 25, 25, 25

Leg Extensions
230 lbs: 14, 11, 9, 9, 9

Inner Thigh
180 lbs: 16, 14, 12, 8, 6

Standing Calf Raise
3 Plates: 14, 13, 11, 9, 8

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you take beef collagen peptides? That was something everyone seemed to be telling me when I had my surgery and never knew about it. Then Dante Trudel brought it up and how 10g daily has actually been shown in humans to repair joints, not just make you feel better.

Custom Collagens has become a staple for me and the wife with our heavy training. 40 cal of non-complete protein in the intra drink or coffee, mixes up & tastes like nothing. It’s no BPC, but it’s extra protein proven to help.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you take beef collagen peptides? That was something everyone seemed to be telling me when I had my surgery and never knew about it. Then Dante Trudel brought it up and how 10g daily has actually been shown in humans to repair joints, not just make you feel better.

Custom Collagens has become a staple for me and the wife with our heavy training. 40 cal of non-complete protein in the intra drink or coffee, mixes up & tastes like nothing. It’s no BPC, but it’s extra protein proven to help.
Shoot I never even considered that. I think it would be worth adding if it can help even just a small amount. Is there a certain profile I should be looking for when browsing? If I recall, Lobliner has a collagen protein under one of his brands.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shoot I never even considered that. I think it would be worth adding if it can help even just a small amount. Is there a certain profile I should be looking for when browsing? If I recall, Lobliner has a collagen protein under one of his brands.
After trying a few products, I can say you want something 100% pure, zero filler or additive or other ingredients. It doesn’t have to be grass-fed but probably will be in a clear product. READ REVIEWS because some marketed as peptides is not and mixes like jelly - it should mix clear and 99% tasteless in your beverage, including plain water. Your 10g protein should be in no more than an 11g serving scoop. Pure.

Custom Collagens sells a 5lb box on amazon that we now use as an auto-ship staple - I have not found a better price/oz for legit product. Zammex makes a great product I used several times before discovering Custom, if you want a smaller amount but you will pay more for it.

I usually just take 20g intra any time I train because I forget on off days lol.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After trying a few products, I can say you want something 100% pure, zero filler or additive or other ingredients. It doesn’t have to be grass-fed but probably will be in a clear product. READ REVIEWS because some marketed as peptides is not and mixes like jelly - it should mix clear and 99% tasteless in your beverage, including plain water. Your 10g protein should be in no more than an 11g serving scoop. Pure.

Custom Collagens sells a 5lb box on amazon that we now use as an auto-ship staple - I have not found a better price/oz for legit product. Zammex makes a great product I used several times before discovering Custom, if you want a smaller amount but you will pay more for it.

I usually just take 20g intra any time I train because I forget on off days lol.
Perfect! Thanks for the great info as always, brother :)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I start off each day with a hot cup of beef bone broth with a scoop of collagen. Used to put in coffee but switched to bone broth a few months ago. I’m a believer in this concoction.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Collagen should definitely be a staple for athletes and one that is often overlooked for joint, inflammation health. Of course you get the added gut, skin, hair benefits etc. It's just a great overall supplement that no one gets enough of because we don't eat the entire animal anymore and most of what has collagen is considered trash and thrown out (i.e. skin/bone/cartilage). You can get the raw powders, drink bone broths (great for cold winter days), eat pork rinds etc.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Collagen should definitely be a staple for athletes and one that is often overlooked for joint, inflammation health. Of course you get the added gut, skin, hair benefits etc. It's just a great overall supplement that no one gets enough of because we don't eat the entire animal anymore and most of what has collagen is considered trash and thrown out (i.e. skin/bone/cartilage). You can get the raw powders, drink bone broths (great for cold winter days), eat pork rinds etc.
No lie I have to trim my nails more often and haircuts a week sooner. I was told this before but the grandiose way the guy was telling me I figured he was pulling my leg, but he was right.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dear, diary. Tough evening. Lol

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I've been following along bro...

I really admire your attention to detail..I could use some more of that in my life. Keep killing it

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 7 December 2019

Sleep was absolutely treacherous last night. It's been a bit hit and miss for a while now, but it must have taken me no less than 90 minutes to actually doze off. That was succeeded by frequent bouts of waking up, tossing and turning, and having to piss. Even my evening smoke and sleeping pill was having a hard time putting me down. Of course, I have a piece of **** Pomeranian in the unit below me that doesn't shut the **** up ever. I love dogs but I want to throw that little fucker across the street. Woke up with a twinge by my right shoulder blade. Must have “slept” on it wrong.

Anyways, the gym went pretty damn well despite that. Again, it felt like it was going to be a struggle of a workout but after a good warmup and the 2 Strain (DMAA), 3 Special Forces, and 2 kratom caps kicking in things started swinging. Managed to improve my Rack Pull reps. It took a little more gas from later exercises; however, the pulls are the dominant exercise in the workout so this is still a success. Another thing to note is that I may need to tighten up my lifting belt a notch here pretty quick. It's loosening up :)

Straight up, I plan on indulging on 2 Bison Burgers today since I will be hanging out with my dad for the UFC fights tonight. I made compensatory modifications to keep macros/calories about where they need to be. Although calories/fat will still be a tad higher than a standard day, I feel my body will greatly appreciate the nutrients after a tough training session. I didn't want to pull too much out since I am still trying to make gains whilst dropping body fat.

Notes:
- Blueberries lowered to 100g in Meal 1 and 3
- Remove 1 egg from Meal 3
- Meal 4 and Meal 5 replaced with 9oz Bison (90%) and 1 bun (40g carbs)
- Meal 6 replaced with 50g Isolate

GYM SESSION: Workout #4 (Rack Pulls) (80 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
225 lbs: 8 WU)
315 lbs: 4 (WU)
405 lbs: 3 (WU)
495 lbs: 2 (WU)
585 lbs: 6
495 lbs: 10
495 lbs: 9
405 lbs: 12
405 lbs: 9

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 9, 7, 7

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8, 6, 5

Low Rows (neutral grip)
275 lbs: 8, 6, 6

Lat Pullover
66 lbs: 13, 9, 8

EZ Cable Curl
93.5 lbs: 9, 8, 6

Unilateral DB Curl
40 lbs: 7, 7, 6

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Unilateral Cable Curl
105 lbs: 12, 11, 10

Last edited:
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New day sir, go hit a 495lb warmup set ;)
Done and done :)

I've been following along bro...

I really admire your attention to detail..I could use some more of that in my life. Keep killing it
Appreciate it, bro! You can definitely do it too, man. Once you fall into making it a lifestyle it's hard to break the pattern. Personally, I need the structure for therapeutic purposes lol

Who hurt you baby
The mean lady :(

seems like a good time for a new pot thought...
I thought about it, but didn't want to be a depressing asshat haha.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Done and done :)

Appreciate it, bro! You can definitely do it too, man. Once you fall into making it a lifestyle it's hard to break the pattern. Personally, I need the structure for therapeutic purposes lol

The mean lady :(

I thought about it, but didn't want to be a depressing asshat haha.
I will take her out for a delicious seafood dinner and then never call her again!

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOG UPDATE: 7 December 2019

Sleep was absolutely treacherous last night. It's been a bit hit and miss for a while now, but it must have taken me no less than 90 minutes to actually doze off. That was succeeded by frequent bouts of waking up, tossing and turning, and having to piss. Even my evening smoke and sleeping pill was having a hard time putting me down. Of course, I have a piece of **** Pomeranian in the unit below me that doesn't shut the **** up ever. I love dogs but I want to throw that little fucker across the street.

Anyways, the gym went pretty damn well despite that. Again, it felt like it was going to be a struggle of a workout but after a good warmup and the 2 Strain (DMAA), 3 Special Forces, and 2 kratom caps kicking in things started swinging. Managed to improve my Rack Pull reps. It took a little more gas from later exercises; however, the pulls are the dominant exercise in the workout so this is still a success. Another thing to note is that I may need to tighten up my lifting belt a notch here pretty quick. It's loosening up :)

Straight up, I plan on indulging on 2 Bison Burgers today since I will be hanging out with my dad for the UFC fights tonight. I made compensatory modifications to keep macros/calories about where they need to be. Although calories/fat will still be a tad higher than a standard day, I feel my body will greatly appreciate the nutrients after a tough training session. I didn't want to pull too much out since I am still trying to make gains whilst dropping body fat.

Notes:
- Blueberries lowered to 100g in Meal 1 and 3
- Remove 1 egg from Meal 3
- Meal 4 and Meal 5 replaced with 9oz Bison (90%) and 1 bun (40g carbs)
- Meal 6 replaced with 50g Isolate

GYM SESSION: Workout #4 (Rack Pulls) (80 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Rack Pulls
225 lbs: 8 WU)
315 lbs: 4 (WU)
405 lbs: 3 (WU)
495 lbs: 2 (WU)
495 lbs: 10
495 lbs: 9
405 lbs: 12
405 lbs: 9

Barbell Rows
315 lbs: 9, 7, 7

Lat Pulldowns
253 lbs: 8, 6, 5

Low Rows (neutral grip)
275 lbs: 8, 6, 6

Lat Pullover
66 lbs: 13, 9, 8

EZ Cable Curl
93.5 lbs: 9, 8, 6

Unilateral DB Curl
40 lbs: 7, 7, 6

Seated Cable Curl
185 lbs: 8, 8, 7

Unilateral Cable Curl
105 lbs: 12, 11, 10
I've had a terrible time sleeping lately aswell. Have you tried RSO (Rick Simpson's oil)? It's cheap as dirt and the only thing that helps me sleep lately, way more effective than flower or concentrates. Basically an edible in a pill.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ZOO Anabolics 98
ZOO Cycle Logs 172
ZOO Supplement Logs 239