Yomo's Wannabe Powerlifter Log...

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
my worst session, but I at least got my first KC Mitchell like on the gram.....:dance::bow28::rofl:

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/22/19

Deads

475 x 2, 475 x 2, 475 x 2 (Vid)

Deficit Deads

445 x 4, 445 x 4, 445 x 4 (Vid sets 1/3)

Paused Deficit Deads

415 x 2, 415 x 2 (Vid set 2)

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BuMQIFdgM2X/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

ultimately decided to move Saturday's session to today, to avoid cutting the timing too close to my son's BBall game...not sure how I managed to hit all reps...program actually called for 465, but 475 sounded better, lol...finally tore the mittens for the first time in 2019 too, on the 2nd set of deficits..with energy stupid low, will find a way to squeeze the accessory stuff in tomorrow, shouldn't take much longer than 30 mins.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Corrections...being essential staff sucks, lol.

One more night, then off, but pretty busy weekend with the family, from my son's bball game, to my nephew's bday party...before you know it I'll be back here, complaining about working out again, haha.
I thought we were in the same line of work since our shifts are similar and then the whole mandatory for 8 more hours. Did your new wraps come in yet?

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
I thought we were in the same line of work since our shifts are similar and then the whole mandatory for 8 more hours. Did your new wraps come in yet?
good stuff...it isn't for everyone, but unless you become a criminal yourself, the job security is as good as it gets, lol..and yea, wraps have been here for a while...will break them in on Tuesday.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/26/19

SSB (wraps)

405 x 6, 405 x 6, 405 x 6 (Vid)

SSB Paused @ Parallel (sleeves)

365 x 4, 365 x 4 (Vid of set 2)

Front Squats (sleeves)

305 x 3, 305 x 3 (Vid of set 2)

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BuWmFGggHQs/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

1st set @ 405 had me skeptical, but once I actually sat back and focused instead of rushing into the following 2, everything clicked and moved much better, including additional movements...first feel good session in a while.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like that SSB investment is paying itself off fast!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like different wraps, is that your new ones?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yea, the Pioneers...completely different wrap than the Sigs...easier to wrap, not quite the same stopping power
Are those the wraps Brandon Franklin designed?

How are you liking them? Never really used wraps (can count the sessions on one hand I’ve tried em) but thought about grabbing some at some point.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Are those the wraps Brandon Franklin designed?

How are you liking them? Never really used wraps (can count the sessions on one hand I’ve tried em) but thought about grabbing some at some point.
from my understanding, the Lilliebridge's themselves had a majority of say in their design...not much more aware of anything outside of that...I know Eric bashes the Mark Bell World Record Wraps pretty hard after their fall out, lol...and still have to break them in, but no issues after the first session with them...like I mentioned before, completely different wrap in terms of stretch and give in comparison to the Sig Golds, and have yet to read a negative review from anyone worth mentioning.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/28/19

Comp Bench

285 x 2, 285 x 2, 285 x 2 (Vid sets 1/3)

Close Grip

295 x 1, 295 x 1 (Vid)

1" Pause Off Chest

265 x 4, 265 x 4 (Vid 2nd set)

Dips - BW + 105 lbs, 2x5 (Vid)
Hammer Curls - 3x10
Cross Body Hammer Curls - 3x10
Banded Tricep Push Downs - 4x25
Reverse Hypers - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BubvOGiAFkL/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

best press session of prep, which I'll gladly take after last week's sh.it show.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice pressing! Are you a fan of deadpresses? That is one movement that really seems to up my bench strength when cranking out heavy singles.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Nice pressing! Are you a fan of deadpresses? That is one movement that really seems to up my bench strength when cranking out heavy singles.
you mean like pin pressing? ...if so not a fan...would much rather floor press, board press, etc, so that the movement itself is always greased rather than have the weight relieved to a certain extent, and reengage...just screams shoulder injury waiting to happen for me...obviously yourself and plenty of others progress well when adding them, I just don't like the risk/reward, sorta how some people see heavy dips, lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I gotcha, yeah pin press/deadpress. I can see the shoulder injury aspect. Floor presses are a great indicator for me as well when bench is about to go up. Floor press or deadpress PR means a bench pr is on deck.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya...I'mma tricep dependent presser, so any close grip progression is an easy indicator for me...the 1" inch pause off the chest is new to me, never programmed them in until I ran Kingpin...not the biggest fan, but they are much harder than expected...

I tweaked my left shoulder/trap doing dips with 135lbs, and my bench hasn't been the same since...I remember when I could hit 295 close grip for a triple.....with my feet up, smh :crying:

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bruh, I just press 185 with my feet up lol imma need you to chill with the 295 lol

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
bruh, I just press 185 with my feet up lol imma need you to chill with the 295 lol
[video]youtube.com/watch?v=JzYJLj3vrgc[/video]

^^^found it...almost 2 years ago now, followed by some casual feet up sets of 10 w/ 225, and some 70 lb and 90 lb x 10 dips thrown in, :(

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
3/2/19

Deads

385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2

Deficit Deads

365 x 6, 365 x 6

Deficit Paused

335 x 5, 335 x 5

SSB Goodmornings

185 x 10, 185 x 10

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

A much needed easier session...60 seconds rest between all sets, just over an hour from warm up to clean up.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
3/5/19

SSB (wraps)

445 x 2, 445 x 2, 445 x 2 (Vid sets 1/3)

SSB Paused @ Parallel (sleeves)

385 x 3, 385 x 3 (Vid of set 2)

Front Squats (sleeves)

320 x 3, 320 x 3 (Vid of set 2)

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Buok12ZAXM0/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

exactly what I needed...couldn't have asked for a better, more intense session at this point in prep...had to channel all the anger built up from fasting and no carbs.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Big SSBing bro. Good stuff.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Big SSBing bro. Good stuff.
My exact thoughts; killed that session!
Thanks fellas...I've upped the weight during Squats fairly significantly the last couple of weeks, straying away from the prescribed Kingpin protocol...felt like I needed to up intensity a bit, being less than 5 weeks out now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Big workloads! How much more weight you gotta shed in 5 weeks?

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Big workloads! How much more weight you gotta shed in 5 weeks?
I'll weigh myself again on Saturday...but if I were a betting man, I'd say right around 20lbs in order to make 165.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks fellas...I've upped the weight during Squats fairly significantly the last couple of weeks, straying away from the prescribed Kingpin protocol...felt like I needed to up intensity a bit, being less than 5 weeks out now.
This is what Lilly would say to do - he specifically states in the book that percentages are just guidelines, but working the intent of the day’s effort is most critical. Heavy days should feel heavy!

I'll weigh myself again on Saturday...but if I were a betting man, I'd say right around 20lbs in order to make 165.
Bruh, you should start experimenting with laxatives now like milk of magnesia or dulcolax. And play with Imodium after too. Practicing these once or twice prior to the cut could help you get several easy lbs out when it’s game time, as well as corking you back up once weight is made.

You also need to get lighter before the actual cut, for safety. 20lb loss is over 10% at this point.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
This is what Lilly would say to do - he specifically states in the book that percentages are just guidelines, but working the intent of the day’s effort is most critical. Heavy days should feel heavy!

^^^Good to know...cause that SSB 3x2 kicked my a.ss.

Bruh, you should start experimenting with laxatives now like milk of magnesia or dulcolax. And play with Imodium after too. Practicing these once or twice prior to the cut could help you get several easy lbs out when it’s game time, as well as corking you back up once weight is made.

You also need to get lighter before the actual cut, for safety. 20lb loss is over 10% at this point.
weird that you mention laxatives, cause I literally just bought a bottle of magnesium citrate for this coming weekend....best case scenario, I get down around 8-12 lbs away from 165 and shed the water weight just as successfully as last time...my own fault again, over indulging on s.hit foods...I agree with you 100%, I should have originally began the prep around 185ish.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12lbs you will indeed be fine, so just stay on the diet best you can now that you’re closing in and you will be set up!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s savage. I can’t imagine dropping all that weight and still being able to pick up a bar lol. Most I ever did was In High school wrestling, but I was always 3-4 lbs away. Hats off to you sir!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gonna echo my advice from your last comp, fuk trying to lose 15-20 lbs and the possibility of it going poorly and zapping your strength. Just go lift the heaviest **** you can. You arent setting world records as far as I know. If you cant just go low carb and low sodium for a week, cut water for the night before and day of and be fine I personally dont think all that **** is worth it unless you have a legitimate chance to break a national record at minimum. But, thats just my opinion and .02. 5-10 is my top threshold of it being viable and worthwhile, but im a puscee.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Gonna echo my advice from your last comp, fuk trying to lose 15-20 lbs and the possibility of it going poorly and zapping your strength. Just go lift the heaviest **** you can. You arent setting world records as far as I know. If you cant just go low carb and low sodium for a week, cut water for the night before and day of and be fine I personally dont think all that **** is worth it unless you have a legitimate chance to break a national record at minimum. But, thats just my opinion and .02. 5-10 is my top threshold of it being viable and worthwhile, but im a puscee.
I understand the sentiment, but can't really agree..why compete if you're not willing to put yourself in the most competitive scenario possible? ...some people say for fun and/or learning experiences, etc....but why would I want to dump 100s of dollars every year for memberships, meets, and equipment just for fun? I obviously need to work on my fat boy habits, and make cuts easier heading into preps, no doubt, I consider myself a jacka.ss every time I screw that part up, lol.
But I'm not getting any younger, and I've been lucky enough to avoid any major setbacks over the last few years, so I don't mind swinging for the fence...small steps at a time, but I feel like I have 1,400 lbs in me this year, which puts me that much closer to 1,500 which as of right now would make me only the 10th person worldwide to achieve that feat drug tested....fingers crossed for continued health and progression.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fair enough, man. I can respect the swing for the fences attitude and appreciate your aspirations of getting to 1500 DT raw in the 165s. I just (used to?) compete with the single goal of putting the biggest total out on the platform and the more extreme your weight cut the more opportunities there are for something to go wrong with your ability to do that. So you just add one component to that equation by having the ballz and desire to do it in the lowest POSSIBLE weight class, which is respectable. But you are apparently aware that you need to change some things going forward to not put yourself in the position to need to drop this much on a water cut so i will shut up now. I definitely want to see you succeed, would just hate for you not to as im sure you would (edit: too) lol.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, man. I can respect the swing for the fences attitude and appreciate your aspirations of getting to 1500 DT raw in the 165s. I just (used to?) compete with the single goal of putting the biggest total out on the platform and the more extreme your weight cut the more opportunities there are for something to go wrong with your ability to do that. So you just add one component to that equation by having the ballz and desire to do it in the lowest POSSIBLE weight class, which is respectable. But you are apparently aware that you need to change some things going forward to not put yourself in the position to need to drop this much on a water cut so i will shut up now. I definitely want to see you succeed, would just hate for you not to as im sure you would do lol.
bro, at least I'll be closer to beach body shape, :rofl:

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
3/7/19

Comp Bench

235 x 2, 235 x 2, 235 x 2, 235 x 2, 235 x 2, 235 x 2 (Vid sets 1/3/5)

Paused Close Grip

255 x 5, 255 x 5 (Vid set 2)

Feet Up Close Grip (TnG)

255 x 5 (Vid)

1" Pause Off Chest

215 x 6, 215 x 6, 215 x 6

Dips - BW + 45 lbs, 1x25 (Vid), BWx37
Hammer Curls - 3x10
Cross Body Hammer Curls - 3x10
Banded Tricep Push Downs - 4x25
Reverse Hypers - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/ButvjcAAC_4/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

Triceps are cooked...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The fact that you can get down to one of the lowest weight classes for men, and you’re natty, you really can set some records. So I back your decision (like you care lol).

But guys of average build, like JSwain and I...we’re in the most competitive weight classes in the world. Not setting any records, especially me in un-tested only. I don’t think cutting more than 10lbs makes sense for me (which is a lower % drop than you), and only so hopefully I don’t get grouped in with the 275+ classes and then have to open every flight cuz I’m weak lol. But that’s the only advantage. Winning a local meet against 2 competitors doesn’t mean anything to me, let alone anyone else lol.

Cutting to set a drug-tested national record, I get that.

If you haven’t read it, google JM Blakley’s Secrets of Bodyweight Manipulation. You can find it in a series of reprinted sections in some online blog. Matt Kroc had a detailed article on EFS about how he sweat to make weight to set the world record as well if you wanna check your methodology. We use similar principles when doing hot baths.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
The fact that you can get down to one of the lowest weight classes for men, and you’re natty, you really can set some records. So I back your decision (like you care lol).

But guys of average build, like JSwain and I...we’re in the most competitive weight classes in the world. Not setting any records, especially me in un-tested only. I don’t think cutting more than 10lbs makes sense for me (which is a lower % drop than you), and only so hopefully I don’t get grouped in with the 275+ classes and then have to open every flight cuz I’m weak lol. But that’s the only advantage. Winning a local meet against 2 competitors doesn’t mean anything to me, let alone anyone else lol.

Cutting to set a drug-tested national record, I get that.

If you haven’t read it, google JM Blakley’s Secrets of Bodyweight Manipulation. You can find it in a series of reprinted sections in some online blog. Matt Kroc had a detailed article on EFS about how he sweat to make weight to set the world record as well if you wanna check your methodology. We use similar principles when doing hot baths.
weight classes will always be height classes in disguise...crazy to think I never really crept past 180 very often until my mid 20s...now getting back down there seems like a chore most of the time.

And both you guys are smart as hell and strong as ish (and fairly decent looking; I'm just saying I probably wouldn't swipe left), I will always respect your opinions, didn't mean to come off as if I didn't...it's just my tunnel vision of an opinion is to always work hard enough to place, by most means within reason...and 24hr weigh ins make it that much easier, even if it means feeling like dogsh.it the week of.

I've heard of Kroc and insane water cuts before, will def look it up, thanks.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"bottle of magnesium citrate"
That is what I use and works really good for me cleaning out everything. Usually about 2 to 3 hours before it kicks in but definitely empties me out. If you decide to use a diuretic I use Xpel and always had great results with it. 1500lbs at 165lbs is huge total. Might as well swing for the fences and go for it.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
"bottle of magnesium citrate"
That is what I use and works really good for me cleaning out everything. Usually about 2 to 3 hours before it kicks in but definitely empties me out. If you decide to use a diuretic I use Xpel and always had great results with it. 1500lbs at 165lbs is huge total. Might as well swing for the fences and go for it.
hopefully everything works out and I progress to the point where I can get there before my 35th.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
3/8/19

Weight = 185.6lbs

Deads

445 x 8, 445 x 8 Rep & Vol PRs (Vid)

Deficit Deads

415 x 8, 415 x 10 (Vid of 2nd set)

Deficit Paused

385 x 3, 385 x 3

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwQU8TjENh/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

was on my way to meet the wife to pick up my daughter at my son's school, where she kindly reminded me that he has a haircut appointment after school because his basketball tournament starts tomorrow, possibly stretching into Sunday if they win...fml....was not expecting to deadlift today and the scoop of Assault barely gave me enough energy to load plates, let alone lift anything...back cramped a bit after the final Deficit set, and got tighter during the paused work, so called the session...will try to squeeze in the accessory work either sometime tomorrow or the day after...I usually make it 24+ straight hours awake Thursday night into Friday night, most likely won't be the case today, will probably crash as soon as I get back from my lil guy's haircut appointment, SPENT...was also right on the $$$ as far as weight's concerned.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang homie nice yanking; that would kill me even if I was fresh. Also, Assault blows - you need to step up your preWO game!

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Dang homie nice yanking; that would kill me even if I was fresh. Also, Assault blows - you need to step up your preWO game!
Thanks! ...feel horrible now tho, lol...and Assault's only $16 shipped with Prime, ha...I'mma cheap bastard...Assault, Whey Tech24, and Green Mag; STAPLES...was taking Orange Triad up until recently, started experiences weird breakouts all of a sudden and traced it back to that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! ...feel horrible now tho, lol...and Assault's only $16 shipped with Prime, ha...I'mma cheap bastard...Assault, Whey Tech24, and Green Mag; STAPLES...was taking Orange Triad up until recently, started experiences weird breakouts all of a sudden and traced it back to that.
Interesting. Wonder if you developed an allergic reaction to one of the many ingredients over time?

As for cheap, a box of Bronkaid at the pharmacy and a bottle of caffeine pills there is about the same total price, and more doses per purchase!

But if you wanna try something new, Controlled Labs has White Warped coming in about a week - we’ll probably need loggers to test it out for the forum

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Wonder if you developed an allergic reaction to one of the many ingredients over time?

As for cheap, a box of Bronkaid at the pharmacy and a bottle of caffeine pills there is about the same total price, and more doses per purchase!

But if you wanna try something new, Controlled Labs has White Warped coming in about a week - we’ll probably need loggers to test it out for the forum
must have, which is a shame, cause I've used it for forever now...and I only use pre w/o once a week, Saturday sessions...I honestly have no idea what's the best pre w/o now, lol...I've only used C4 and Assault in the last couple of years.

Edit: and I definitely came pretty close to throwing my back...was stupid stiff last night, and have had to ice it all morning...don't think it had anything to do with form, just maybe pushed it a lil too hard in back to back days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Take care of that low back! This program will ruin you if you don’t give it the time between low back sessions it deserves.

Seriously better to put sessions off or skip/cut down then exceed recovery and become injured. You have to show up healthy enough to execute. Chad Wesley Smith, Swede Burns, Stan Efferding, even Louie would all say that. If you only have spacing for one big lower day in a week, combine primary work the first day and the second day make all accessory, like the Lilliebridges & Dan Bell do to set All Time records.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Take care of that low back! This program will ruin you if you don’t give it the time between low back sessions it deserves.

Seriously better to put sessions off or skip/cut down then exceed recovery and become injured. You have to show up healthy enough to execute. Chad Wesley Smith, Swede Burns, Stan Efferding, even Louie would all say that. If you only have spacing for one big lower day in a week, combine primary work the first day and the second day make all accessory, like the Lilliebridges & Dan Bell do to set All Time records.
Solid, thanks! ... exactly how I'll approach next week.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmmmm, that’s weird. I’ve had a few strange shoulder/neck area breakouts recently that I can attribute to nothing. I might take a week off triad just to see.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmm, that’s weird. I’ve had a few strange shoulder/neck area breakouts recently that I can attribute to nothing. I might take a week off triad just to see.
Breakouts as in acne, or hives?