Yomo's Wannabe Powerlifter Log...

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, almost forgot what it felt like...

....weird about it not playing, it's just a regular instagram link, and my profile is public.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sinuses suck. If you’ve never used one, A big blast from a netti pot does wonders for me.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Sinuses suck. If you’ve never used one, A big blast from a netti pot does wonders for me.
yeaman, def...and the neti pot is sometimes hit or miss with me... it has actually made it worse before, though it helps more often than not.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
http://instagr.am/p/Bxnciirhv9L/
been working 16s pretty consistently on Wednesdays, so combined the last couple of Thurs and Sat sessions...this past Thurs I tried to get in the bench session despite the previous day's 16 and got pinned during my 1st set @ 275 Larsen...ended up just running 4-5 Supersets of accessory stuff afterwards and tried for the Larsen sets on Saturday...it all worked out in the long run...the Front Squat set of 10 @ 275 moved pretty well other than the bar rolling off a bit on the final rep.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
5/21/19

Squats (sleeves)

415 x 1, 435 x 1, 435 x 1

Front Squats

245 x 5, 245 x 5, 245 x 5

DB Rows - 3 x 15
Lying Leg Curls - 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
SS - Hammers/Cross Body Curls/Hypers/Ab Rollers/Wide Grip BB Curls/CG Reverse BB Curls - 3x10/10/15/15/15/10

complete opposite of last week...trash sleep the day prior, zero energy.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Been trying to pickup some extra shifts myself this month but so far only 1 for me. Seems like I always get mandatory OT when I don't want it. I now after working 16hrs my lifts for a few days generally are pretty crappy.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Been trying to pickup some extra shifts myself this month but so far only 1 for me. Seems like I always get mandatory OT when I don't want it. I now after working 16hrs my lifts for a few days generally are pretty crappy.
yeaman...the worst is when you get that mandatory after back to back volunteers...rough.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good thing you had the safety bars in place. Deads are looking good

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
6/1/19

Deads

545 x 1

Front Squats

315 x 2, 315 x 2, 315 x 2

tweaked left side of my groin, and badly sprained my middle finger on my right hand a couple Saturdays ago playing some backyard foosball...didn't really feel any pain in the groin area during deads, but def felt it pulling during squats so stopped @ 3 sets instead of the prescribed 5...going on a lil fam vacay next week, so workouts will be more "Jersey Shore-ish" the next week or so, while trying not to make anything worse.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
“Jersey Shore-ish” what a train wreck

Pull may have been a bit bumpy but the fronts were looking really crisp. Got out safe to train another day!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How’s the finger man? The worst part of lifting with a broken digit is stacking plates lol. Glad to see you’re still at it!

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
How’s the finger man? The worst part of lifting with a broken digit is stacking plates lol. Glad to see you’re still at it!
sucks, lol...everything is basically being done "suicide grip" for lack of better terms...

7/2/19

Squats

315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3, 315 x 3

SSB

225 x 12, 225 x 12, 225 x 12

SSB Wide Stance GMs

135 x 8, 135 x 8, 135 x 8

Lying Leg Curls - 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
SS - Hammers/Cross Body Curls - 3x15
SS - Hyperextensions/Ab Rollers - 3x15

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
7/30/19

Deads

475 x 4, 475 x 4, 475 x 4, 475 x 4

Close Grip Larsen

255 x 5, 255 x 5, 255 x 5, 255 x 5, 255 x 5

8/3/19

Close Grip Larsen

275 x 4, 275 x 4, 275 x 4, 275 x 4

Close Grip

295 x 3, 295 x 3

Eyes set on USPA Drug Tested PA Championships on Sept 28, in Allentown.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeaahhhhhh buddy! Good to see ya back at it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yes go dominate! Digits all back in working order?

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
That’s pretty soon - be smart about your workload!
definitely trying to learn from my mistakes...schedule is typically 3 days a week, with an optional 4th day based on recovery.

Hell yes go dominate! Digits all back in working order?
Hell no, lol....my right hand screams during deadlifts...still can't fully extend right ring finger yet either.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
8/6/19

Deads

490 x 4, 490 x 4

Bench

280 x 5, 280 x 5, 280 x 5, 280 x 5

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8/6/19

Deads

490 x 4, 490 x 4

Bench

280 x 5, 280 x 5, 280 x 5, 280 x 5
Are these top sets or did you just run in and massacre the iron with no warms? If you say the second I hate you lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are these top sets or did you just run in and massacre the iron with no warms? If you say the second I hate you lol
I doubt it. I think you’re the only one that does that lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ima say nope. That’s a poor way to practice your only 3 lifts of importance lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok good. I have been known.... to faceplant hardddd

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deads are looking really strong. Would give anything just to get 1 rep at the weight. Making it look easy.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
nah...but I do tend to warm up very inefficiently...for Deads it was, 135x8, 225x5, 315x3, 385x1, 435x1...and for Bench, 135x8, 225x3....obviously not optimal...I think I mentioned it before, but I do alot of band work as warm ups tho...pull aparts, shoulder dislocations, etc

Deads are looking really strong. Would give anything just to get 1 rep at the weight. Making it look easy.
thank DP...happy with how everything has been moving lately, other than squats...

Ima say nope. That’s a poor way to practice your only 3 lifts of importance lol
see above^^^....I know, I know, I have to do better, :cautious:

Yomo is smashin it. Makin it look like play-doh
appreciate it...let's hope it correlates to a higher total come game day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I think that way IS optimal, at least the deadlift layout. What’s not optimal is doing sets of 5-10 on weights too light to be work weights. Guys doing 315x5, 405x5 before getting up to 495x5, those are junk sets that rob your energy but aren’t heavy enough to force adaptations. Like you said, 1-3 reps should be enough to prime the nervous system if you’re doing 5 warmup sets.

Ed Coan didn’t do junk warmup reps and Dave Tate has talked about the importance of many low rep sets leading up to work sets. Get the nervous system grooved while saving energy for the important stuff. Like you said, general movement like band work can be used to ensure the body is warm already by this point.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serious. Just tried a SSB today and yomos numbers are nuts lol

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas...love being able to squat fairly heavy without worrying about unecessary shoulder wear and tear!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
“What did you do for your leg accessories?”
“Floorpress. I wanted to take my legs out of the lift.”

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
9/6/19

Squats (+wraps)

435 x 2, 435 x 2, 435 x 2, 435 x 2 (last set paused)

http://instagr.am/p/B2E4YPRlAmR/

right shoulder/rotator cuff feels really aggravated...worked up to a paused single on bench yesterday @ 305, that moved well but made it scream...gotta focus on tons of rehab/prehab work, and most likely sandbag bench a bit come meet day if need be...at least today's squats moved fairly well.