Close Grip Larsen

170 x 8, 170 x 8

Dips - 2 x 15
Push Ups - 2 x 25
Wide Grip BB Curls SS Reverse Barbell Curls - 3 x 15/10
Banded Tricep Pushdowns - 3 x 20
Reverse Hypers - 2 x 15
Ab Rollers - 2 x 15

just under 18 hours fasted heading into this one, only cause I ate like dog sh.it yesterday.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Whatcha weighin?
gotta be hovering around 190 nowadays.

worked up to a Sumo triple @ 435 on Sat, and 115 for OH on Sun...will most likely push my Tues session to Wed....hope everyone enjoys their Holidays

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
gotta be hovering around 190 nowadays.

worked up to a Sumo triple @ 435 on Sat, and 115 for OH on Sun...will most likely push my Tues session to Wed....hope everyone enjoys their Holidays
Nice. Enjoy your family time, and may the force be with you!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yomo hope all is well!

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
YO!!!

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs074CrgMux/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8bFCEguLh/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BtOd4nZg3ZT/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

not as active as I would have liked, but around 3-4 weeks back into lifting...may lock in my next meet for April 6...thinking about running Kingpin heading into it...would kill for any advice and/or suggestions.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yooooo bro. Welcome back. Good to see you getting after it still. I dont have any experience with Kingpin but i know Hyde had used it and I believe is the program he always says that youll either end up injuring yourself or PRing. So take that as you wish

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yooooo bro. Welcome back. Good to see you getting after it still. I dont have any experience with Kingpin but i know Hyde had used it and I believe is the program he always says that youll either end up injuring yourself or PRing. So take that as you wish
Bahaha no that’s the Predator bench template - a lot of volume. Although Kingpin is quite a bit as well. I think it’s a good program to overall raise your total, although it worked best for my deadlift.

You need to be very objective in picking your backup strength movements and accessories, like any conjugated program. There’s too much work getting done to waste energy on accessories you don’t really need.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks J! ...hoping to get things back to normal.

Bahaha no that’s the Predator bench template - a lot of volume. Although Kingpin is quite a bit as well. I think it’s a good program to overall raise your total, although it worked best for my deadlift.

You need to be very objective in picking your backup strength movements and accessories, like any conjugated program. There’s too much work getting done to waste energy on accessories you don’t really need.
any other 8 week program suggestions? I've really been winging it the last few years, need to find a better way eventually, lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks J! ...hoping to get things back to normal.

any other 8 week program suggestions? I've really been winging it the last few years, need to find a better way eventually, lol.
I think you should do the Kingpin.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/5/19

SSB (2m Sig Golds)

345 x 12, 345 x 12 (Vid)

SSB - Paused at Parallel (Sleeves)

315 x 10, 315 x 10 (Vid 2nd set)

Front Squats (Sleeves)

245 x 8, 245 x 8 (Vid 2nd set)

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Btge5oegM26/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

Started @ Week 2 of Kingpin....session absolutely kicked my a.ss...doesn't help that I went 20hrs fasted before eating a 6 pack of PB crackers w/ jelly an hour before the workout, no pre w/o, just Green Mag...1st time in wraps since the meet as well...will most likely pick up a different pair of wraps, 2.5m this time...still debating on which ones.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That session is impressive AF, nutrition aside even.

The thing about Kingpin is to remember the %s are GUIDELINES. Lilly is expecting you to autoregulate based on the day’s Effort goal.

I sometimes found the heavy squat day too light or the repetition squat day too heavy and had to tweak numbers on the fly. He trained years at Westside calling audibles twice a week during the ME days and expects you to do the same for an optimum and “safe” training cycle.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just thinking about Kingpin makes my back hurt.
You aren’t kidding. That’s when my discs finally gave up from my lousy pulling technique. You have to use loads you can tolerate the volume on rep days. Which this one was.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
That session is impressive AF, nutrition aside even.

The thing about Kingpin is to remember the %s are GUIDELINES. Lilly is expecting you to autoregulate based on the day’s Effort goal.

I sometimes found the heavy squat day too light or the repetition squat day too heavy and had to tweak numbers on the fly. He trained years at Westside calling audibles twice a week during the ME days and expects you to do the same for an optimum and “safe” training cycle.
I actually just went back and noticed I didn't start with his recommended 95% Training Max either, smh.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually just went back and noticed I didn't start with his recommended 95% Training Max either, smh.
No biggie, just adjust going forward.

Another thing, on the TM - if you’re not peaking with drugs, especially fast acting orals, run your bench % a bit higher.

It’s common to see guys do 10% more than the heaviest singles they did in training at a comp on squat and dl, but most people need to bench heavy to bench heavy. You rarely see guys hit giant bench PRs magically at comp.

This was my experience during the Cube cycles I was off PEDs, as I ran it about a year straight.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
No biggie, just adjust going forward.

Another thing, on the TM - if you’re not peaking with drugs, especially fast acting orals, run your bench % a bit higher.

It’s common to see guys do 10% more than the heaviest singles they did in training at a comp on squat and dl, but most people need to bench heavy to bench heavy. You rarely see guys hit giant bench PRs magically at comp.

This was my experience during the Cube cycles I was off PEDs, as I ran it about a year straight.
don't ever really see myself using PEDs, and not from a moral standpoint, but out of sheer lack of knowledge and/or willingness to learn...either way volume has never really been my strong suit...I've always kept the Big 3 at very low volume totals...so I'm just hoping to successfully knock out this Kingpin cycle and turn it into Comp PRs

I went back and decided to base all three lifts on training PRs instead of comp PRs, which should up most of the sessions, and will def adjust accordingly if need be from here on out...thanks.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/7/19

Comp Bench

265 x 2, 265 x 2, 265 x 2, 265 x 2, 265 x 2 (Vid of sets 1/3/5)

Close Grip

280 x 2, 280 x 2 (Vid of set 2)

1" Pause Off Chest

250 x 5, 250 x 5 (Vid of set 2)

Dips - 3x15
Hammer Curls - 3x10
Cross Body Hammer Curls - 3x10
Banded Tricep Push Downs - 4x25

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BtllbjQj4lb/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

back went into a wicked spasm after the first CG set, so had to throw the belt on for all remaining sets, and opted out of hypers and ab rollers.

EDIT: I have also ran a minimum of 18:6 IF since Sunday night, with a very drastic cut in caloric intake...I don't even want to look at a scale right now (100% my fault), so will wait until about 2 weeks in and see whether or not 165 is feasible this go round.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You aren’t kidding. That’s when my discs finally gave up from my lousy pulling technique. You have to use loads you can tolerate the volume on rep days. Which this one was.
Yeah, the rep DL day is a bear.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the rep DL day is a bear.
didn't seem too bad with me plugging in 575 into the online calculator until I saw the Deficit work, lol...getting past that high rep squat day was what had me worried the most tho...couldn't be happier it's over with.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/9/19

Deads

365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3

Deficit Deads

335 x 8, 335 x 8

SSB Goodmornings

185 x 10, 185 x 10, 185 x 10

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

all rests between the 8 sets were 60 secs or less...not a fan of partial pulls, so will try to incorporate Pause style deads next week...pretty easy session, even with energy low.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/9/19

Deads

365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3, 365 x 3

Deficit Deads

335 x 8, 335 x 8

SSB Goodmornings

185 x 10, 185 x 10, 185 x 10

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

all rests between the 8 sets were 60 secs or less...not a fan of partial pulls, so will try to incorporate Pause style deads next week...pretty easy session, even with energy low.
It should be, the speed session is your weekly break lol. I always dreaded the Rep day for dead and squat especially. The week with Rep Bench & other 2 you get to go heavy or work speed - that’s the week life is good

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It should be, the speed session is your weekly break lol. I always dreaded the Rep day for dead and squat especially. The week with Rep Bench & other 2 you get to go heavy or work speed - that’s the week life is good
I didn't mind rep squats that much. It was just the rep deads that I despised.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2/5/19
..will most likely pick up a different pair of wraps, 2.5m this time...still debating on which ones.
In the same situation you are in. My training pair is about 5 years old, Titan Titanium, and falling a part. Really wont to try out the Metal wraps but don't know to much about them and which one would be their lighter wrap.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just order the Metal Black wraps. Cost was $66 with shipping and handling so by far the most expensive wraps. Hoping they are easy to use and can use on a regular basis.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Just order the Metal Black wraps. Cost was $66 with shipping and handling so by far the most expensive wraps. Hoping they are easy to use and can use on a regular basis.
I actually ended up ordering the Pioneer Lilliebridge wraps...under $60 shipped, and haven't heard any negatives about them yet.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/12/19

SSB (sleeves)

385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2, 385 x 2 (Vids 1/3/5)

Paused @ Parallel

365 x 4, 365 x 4 (Vid set 2)

Front Squats

295 x 3, 295 x 3 (Vid set 2)

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyqRbVAUjj/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

easier session than expected, even though I had to train a lil later cause my oldest had a 2hr delay at school...will have to push Thurs sesh to Fri...expecting a mandatory double tomorrow, midnight to 4pm, back again at midnight for Thurs, then off at 8am, but have to drive downstate (an hr) to training @ 4pm Thurs afternoon until midnight, and thankfully off Friday... not looking forward to the drive back Thurs night........sheeeesh....also having to potty train my youngest between Squat sets is even harder than it sounds.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep your grind strong and your coffee stronger...wishing you perseverance brother

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The struggle is real. Potty training my kid too. I’m tryin not to crap my pants squatting decent loads and he’s just trying to not crap his pants. We are all making strides though

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I actually ended up ordering the Pioneer Lilliebridge wraps...under $60 shipped, and haven't heard any negatives about them yet.
Was actually thinking about those too but always been wanting to try Metal wraps. Will have to update when you get them and how they compare with Titan Titanium that you have. I like the Titanium but the way I squat really don't get a good rebound out of them so hoping the Metal will be better.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Keep your grind strong and your coffee stronger...wishing you perseverance brother
Always appreciative! ...just gotta stay focused!

The struggle is real. Potty training my kid too. I’m tryin not to crap my pants squatting decent loads and he’s just trying to not crap his pants. We are all making strides though
aint that the truth, haha...my oldest (son) was good in under 4 days...my youngest (daughter) is just now starting to get it down in what has been close to a week.

Was actually thinking about those too but always been wanting to try Metal wraps. Will have to update when you get them and how they compare with Titan Titanium that you have. I like the Titanium but the way I squat really don't get a good rebound out of them so hoping the Metal will be better.
I've only used Sig Golds as far as wraps, 2m...I really wish I coulda got my hands on a pair of Strangulators (pun intended).

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Always appreciative! ...just gotta stay focused!

aint that the truth, haha...my oldest (son) was good in under 4 days...my youngest (daughter) is just now starting to get it down in what has been close to a week.

I've only used Sig Golds as far as wraps, 2m...I really wish I coulda got my hands on a pair of Strangulators (pun intended).
That is right. Always get those 2 confused.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/15/19

Comp Bench (speed)

215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 3

Close Grip

235 x 5, 235 x 5

1" Pause Off Chest

205 x 8, 205 x 8, 205 x 8

Dips - 3x15
Hammer Curls - 3x10
Reverse Hypers - 3x15

15 hrs fasted heading into this one, and crazy exhausted from yesterday, so added a scoop of Assault w/ my Green Mag...done in under an hour from warm up to clean up...not looking forward to tomorrow's Deads rep day.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/16/19

Deads

385 x 10, 385 x 10, 385 x 10 (Vid)

Deficit Deads

365 x 10, 365 x 10, 365 x 10 (Vid of sets 1/3)

Deficit Paused

335 x 6, 335 x 6 (Vid of set 2)

Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

DEAD.

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt86pZljsdm/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

Edit: 16 hours fasted before pre w/o meal (bowl of oatmeal, 5 eggs, 6 sausage links) 90 mins before session...then a bag of fruit gummies with my Assault/Green Mag pre w/o...pretty close to yacking it all up after the 1st set of deficits...also tried my best to avoid significant bouncing of the weights...no tears on the mittens afterwards either which is a plus.

also couldn't avoid weighing myself before...190.6 lbs, which puts me right around 0.4 lbs heavier than I was around the last meet prep, 6-7 weeks out.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My back aches watching and reading this

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
banking on my hammies and lower back being in a not so forgiving mood manana.
Be vigilant not to get hurt tomorrow when everything is jacked up! It’s a sensitive time.

Good hustle. That’s the hardest session in the 9 weeks.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/19/19

SSB (sleeves)

335 x 2, 335 x 2, 335 x 2, 335 x 2, 335 x 2, 335 x 2

SSB Paused @ Parallel

315 x 6, 315 x 6, 315 x 6

Front Squats

245 x 5, 245 x 5

Leg Curls- 3x15
Leg Extensions - 3x20
Hyperextensions - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

still pretty beat up heading into this one, so glad nothing too taxing, other than maybe that last set of paused @ 315...I originally debated breaking out the wraps since this was a dedicated explosive session, but changed my mind last minute.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
2/21/19

Comp Bench

265 x 6, 265 x 6, 265 x 6 (Vid)

Close Grip

280 x 3, 280 x 2, FAIL

1" Pause Off Chest

250 x 6

Dips - BW + 90lbs, 1x9, 1x8, BWx20
Hammer Curls - 3x10
Reverse Hypers - 3x15
Ab Rollers - 3x15

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJuXcMg8LS/?utm_********ig_web_copy_link[/video]

what feels like my worst session of prep...yesterday was CRAZY...mandatory 16 hr shift, and afterwards had to shovel my driveway once I got home....maybe 3.5 hrs of sleep before another 8hr shift @ midnight, and then this session @ 10am, all while going exactly 27 hrs yesterday fasted, and another 17 hrs fasted before this session today...shoulda moved this sesh to Fri, since Bench doesn't really hurt my Dead day w/o a day in between.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Think he mentioned he was a CO.

Dude reading your day made me stressed out lol none the less, you did the work my dude

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Busy day. Whatcha do for work?
Corrections...being essential staff sucks, lol.

Think he mentioned he was a CO.

Dude reading your day made me stressed out lol none the less, you did the work my dude
One more night, then off, but pretty busy weekend with the family, from my son's bball game, to my nephew's bday party...before you know it I'll be back here, complaining about working out again, haha.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very cool man! It’s always good to have that push/pull strength at hand if anyone wants to act out lol