Would anyone like to see SNS or CEL make a carb powder? (Discussion thread)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hope that everyone is doing well.

The idea of a carb powder got mentioned in our 'Tell Us What You Want from Us' thread (thank you @Airmaniac )

I have thought about doing one for a long time and the times I've mentioned it, I haven't gotten a lot of responses so I wanted to do a thread specifically designated to it to see if it's something that anyone would be interested in.

I had 3 initial thoughts on what I'd like to do, and both may be possible bc I could see us doing one under SNS and one under CEL at some point.

1. Clusterdextrin/HBCD product
  2. Clusterdextrin/HBCD + Carb10 (and maybe other advanced carbs)
  3. A product similar to Cytomax, like kind of an updated/advanced version of it (this would be later on down the road when we do the endurance version of Daily Gains later this year).
Note: We won't include basic carbs like dextrose or maltodextrin in with the advanced carb product because some people may like them while others have been opposed to them; and these are cheap and easy for a person to add on their own.

I would love to hear people's opinions and input on this. Please let me know:
  1. Would you be interested in SNS or CEL doing a carb powder?
  2. If so, what type?
  3. Any other suggestions for types of carbs to include in a blended product?
  4. If you could pick any 3 flavors for this, what would they be?
I look forward to hearing people's opinions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes.

I’m a fan of carb10 and hbcd, and only use unflavored.
Thank you.

If we do one, I'm sure we'll do an unflavored. I think its definitely important to have unflavored + a couple of good flavors.

I know what flavors I'd like, but I want to offer what other people would like - I may add my flavor thoughts later on in the thread, but wanted to hear others opinions first.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd like to see something like Glycomyx...low GI, high micronutrient and easy to digest. I'd spend lots on that 😆
I'm open to suggestions for carb types. I had honestly never heard of that product until someone mentioned it in another thread earlier.

Most of the carbs I'm considering would be super easy to digest - I love Clusterdextrin personally bc its easy on the stomach, no bloating, etc. I've been a long time fan of Clusterdextrin and I remember years ago I tried a brands and I knew right away it wasn't HBCD bc of the way it filled me up - and sure enough, few months later it was revealed that most of that brands products didn't meet label claims. Clusterdextrin is so expensive of a raw material that some companies will use basic maltodextrin and try to pass it off as HBCD.

That was one of the original reasons I wanted to make one years ago, just to have one that I would trust to take myself.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm open to suggestions for carb types. I had honestly never heard of that product until someone mentioned it in another thread earlier.

Most of the carbs I'm considering would be super easy to digest - I love Clusterdextrin personally bc its easy on the stomach, no bloating, etc. I've been a long time fan of Clusterdextrin and I remember years ago I tried a brands and I knew right away it wasn't HBCD bc of the way it filled me up - and sure enough, few months later it was revealed that most of that brands products didn't meet label claims. Clusterdextrin is so expensive of a raw material that some companies will use basic maltodextrin and try to pass it off as HBCD.

That was one of the original reasons I wanted to make one years ago, just to have one that I would trust to take myself.
Isn't HBCD high GI though?

Edit: apparently it's low GI. Oops.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is the Pope Catholic??

Definitely interested. Both in a straight HBCD product, and the “Cytomax” update.

Not a fan of CARB10, in my limited experience.

I’d say you have to have a lemon or lemon-lime flavor, or some kind of mild citrus.

Berry/berry lemon is always great.

Something that always prevented me from order HBCD from another company is that they only had unflavored or desert flavors. Chocolate, horchata, carrot cake, etc besides fruit punch. None of those are things I want to drink 48oz of while squatting. So that raises the point: keep the flavors lighter. It’s not an 8oz preworkout, it’s 45-180 minutes of sipping.

Unflavored is not something I use much of, but it will be very important for many.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes! I do enjoy carb powder. One that I use from time to time has a cinnamon bark extract, so the natural flavor of it is just a slight cinnamon taste. Don’t know for sure what that does performance wise, but it sure makes it tasty just on its own. Then if you add it to protein it’s a real treat.

I have not tried the Muscle addiction Pump Addict yet….. Hearing from others I will be ordering next and I feel like the pump addict and a carb powder would be an awesome combination!!!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes please.

I honestly would be down for whatever, I personally don't care "enough" to worry a ton, I'd grab whatever CEL/SNS came out with to replace my usual.

I rotate between Carb10, HBCD, or a mix of them depending on what is on sale to be honest.

If I could have a preference I would want a mix of HBCD + Carb10, but my preference isn't so high that I would avoid purchasing if you only came out with one or another.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Flavor wise I prefer unflavored, since I tend to mix it with other stuff.

If you do come out with a more Cytomax like version I might spring for flavored versions. Something lemon/lemonade flavor would be my preference, but honestly anything that isn't too strong tends to be fine flavor-wise for me during training.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is the Pope Catholic??

Definitely interested. Both in a straight HBCD product, and the “Cytomax” update.

I’d say you have to have a lemon or lemon-lime flavor, or some kind of mild citrus.

Something that always prevented me from order HBCD from another company is that they only had unflavored or desert flavors. Chocolate, horchata, carrot cake, etc besides fruit punch. None of those are things I want to drink 48oz of while squatting. So that raises the point: keep the flavors lighter. It’s not an 8oz preworkout, it’s 45-180 minutes of sipping.

Unflavored is not something I use much of, but it will be very important for many.
Wait lol how do other companies who use dessert flavors market the use of HBCD? As a post workout that gets mixed with a vanilla or chocolate protein?

But anyway @steve I agree with Hyde/Resolve. When I’ve used intra carbs, it’s usually sipped in a 20-24oz bottle throughout the session so I think it’s important for it to be something that tastes good, but not overly strong. Plus, people are probably going to mix it with one of your forthcoming EAA products

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m down with an HBCB or blend of HBCD/Carb 10. I would switch my purchase over to you guys once it came out.

The product I currently use has a blend of them both and a few additional things. I personally prefer unflavored so I can mix with whatever EAA flavor I’m using at the time since I train early AM. Although if it’s release had a coordinated flavor with one of your future intra or EAA products I would likely purchase those as well. Agreed with the above comments about lighter flavors.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 I vote for a Clusterdextrin/HBCD + Carb10 (and maybe other advanced carbs) combination but make the ratio 75% Clusterdextrin/HBCD and 25% Carb10. I also prefer unflavored but if I had to vote for a flavor, I would love a refreshing watermelon flavor.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hope that everyone is doing well.

The idea of a carb powder got mentioned in our 'Tell Us What You Want from Us' thread (thank you @Airmaniac )

I have thought about doing one for a long time and the times I've mentioned it, I haven't gotten a lot of responses so I wanted to do a thread specifically designated to it to see if it's something that anyone would be interested in.

I had 3 initial thoughts on what I'd like to do, and both may be possible bc I could see us doing one under SNS and one under CEL at some point.

1. Clusterdextrin/HBCD product
  2. Clusterdextrin/HBCD + Carb10 (and maybe other advanced carbs)
  3. A product similar to Cytomax, like kind of an updated/advanced version of it (this would be later on down the road when we do the endurance version of Daily Gains later this year).
Note: We won't include basic carbs like dextrose or maltodextrin in with the advanced carb product because some people may like them while others have been opposed to them; and these are cheap and easy for a person to add on their own.

I would love to hear people's opinions and input on this. Please let me know:
  1. Would you be interested in SNS or CEL doing a carb powder?
  2. If so, what type?
  3. Any other suggestions for types of carbs to include in a blended product?
  4. If you could pick any 3 flavors for this, what would they be?
I look forward to hearing people's opinions.
this may be a dumb comment but why dont you just drink grape juice or something high carb?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 I vote for a Clusterdextrin/HBCD + Carb10 (and maybe other advanced carbs) combination but make the ratio 75% Clusterdextrin/HBCD and 25% Carb10. I also prefer unflavored but if I had to vote for a flavor, I would love a refreshing watermelon flavor.
I know I said that I prefer straight HBCD, but if a blend with Carb10 ends up being the go-to then I think this ratio is superior.

I have had poor success with the 60/40 blends (15g HBCD / 10g Carb10). I think Carb10 operates more like that underlying stability, so you don’t need a lot for it to keep glucose more stable.

Also, if the new watermelon lime flavor is as bomb as Steve is saying, that could be awesome!

this may be a dumb comment but why dont you just drink grape juice or something high carb?
That works if you are just trying to get more calories in, but juice is fructose - this must be processed by the liver before use, and the liver can also only store a small amount of it compared to the way all your muscles can store glucose.

Mainly, it’s just not that stable feeling, energy-wise. If you eat a decent amount of carbs in the hours pre-training in a decent sized meal, you should have largely steady energy, so drinking some cheap juice intra could help blood sugar stay topped off. Even soda or other fructose-based drinks would do alright. You’ll also see the people take shots of honey, eat low-fat candy, etc, BUT, if it’s been a while since a big meal, like you train in the morning, you may not have time or capacity to digest a sufficient meal prior. Or if you have very long training, 2 hours and on, even after a substantial breakfast you’ll probably find juice isn’t going to cut it to keep your blood sugar up.

If you feel like you have good endurance, energy, strength all through your training, what you are doing is probably working for your needs. If juice works well for you, I would look at bulk tubs of powdered Gatorade. The sugar in it is about 50/50 glucose and fructose, so you may see a performance advantage, and at $8-12/big tub it’s extremely affordable. And definitely more portable.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m a Cluster Dextrin guy myself. Unflavored powder so that I can mix it with all my other intra stuff.

As for other carb powders. I LOVED the first 5% Nutrition Real Food, especially the Sweet Potato Pie flavor. I used to mix it with my protein and drink it post workout. Crazy expensive but damn it tasted good.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Glycomyx’s ingredients were : High-Anthocyanin Purple Sweet Potato powder, Whole oat powder, glucomanna (konjac).

I tried it once and loved it but was never able to find it again.
@sns8778 if you could somehow source the ingredients above, I know we would all buy it.

aman88

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thank you.

If we do one, I'm sure we'll do an unflavored. I think its definitely important to have unflavored + a couple of good flavors.

I know what flavors I'd like, but I want to offer what other people would like - I may add my flavor thoughts later on in the thread, but wanted to hear others opinions first.
By unflavored it should be NO sweeteners either… I’ve come across a few carb products listed as unflavored and they don’t have flavoring but they have sweeteners in them which defeats the purpose…

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do I want a carb powder? YES.

A mix of HBCD/Carb10? YES. I think this actually would be a good differentiation point, as most carb powders are one or the other. Would help set you apart.

I'm really intrigued that everyone's been putting in sweet potato/purple sweet potato. This is also where my head was at, but honestly don't know if there is any difference/benefits vs other carb sources? But again, could help you stand out.

Unflavored is honestly what I prefer, since I will always just mix in my intra. But, if I had to choose I'd go with something very lightly flavored. Maybe watermelon, a citrusy/lime flavor? I like a lot of the baja breeze type tropical flavors too. Just don't make it overly sweet please.

IronFlex24

Awards
Use hbcd and palatinose (isomaltulose). The second has been shown to enhance fat oxidation during activity/exercise

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t see anyone mention Ribose. No one get much from that? I’ve never dug into research on it, but I like the idea of it.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t see anyone mention Ribose. No one get much from that? I’ve never dug into research on it, but I like the idea of it.
Only have used it in a blend with other carbs like HBCD and Dextrose so hard for me to personally differentiate between them

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
Very interested in an updated "Cytomax." I've used it for decades. Since it was discontinued I've been using Skratch Labs Clear Hydration mix which has cluster dextrin. If SNS/CEL could come up with a product that blends the two, I'd be all over it.

Flavor suggestions would be some kind of citrus or citrus blend, cola, and blackberry.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
call me an asshole, but i actually like Karbolyn over HBCD
It’s a great product, we have 3-4 tubs in the pantry. It’s ideal for a true periWO meal replacement, but I find it isn’t a very good intra unless it’s a very long session and in smaller amounts.

So if I wake up, I could slam 50g Karbolyn instead of eating if necessary and head to train sooner, but I would still sip HBCD or Gatorade or something during. The Karbolyn is literally like drinking liquified rice/potato/corn.

So great product, but very different.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That works if you are just trying to get more calories in, but juice is fructose - this must be processed by the liver before use, and the liver can also only store a small amount of it compared to the way all your muscles can store glucose.

Mainly, it’s just not that stable feeling, energy-wise. If you eat a decent amount of carbs in the hours pre-training in a decent sized meal, you should have largely steady energy, so drinking some cheap juice intra could help blood sugar stay topped off. Even soda or other fructose-based drinks would do alright. You’ll also see the people take shots of honey, eat low-fat candy, etc, BUT, if it’s been a while since a big meal, like you train in the morning, you may not have time or capacity to digest a sufficient meal prior. Or if you have very long training, 2 hours and on, even after a substantial breakfast you’ll probably find juice isn’t going to cut it to keep your blood sugar up.

If you feel like you have good endurance, energy, strength all through your training, what you are doing is probably working for your needs. If juice works well for you, I would look at bulk tubs of powdered Gatorade. The sugar in it is about 50/50 glucose and fructose, so you may see a performance advantage, and at $8-12/big tub it’s extremely affordable. And definitely more portable.
I'd just add to this that depending on the amount of carbohydrate and duration of your session one thing to keep in mind is gut tolerance. Different ratios and not huge amounts of fructuse can help with that tolerance.

Most probably don't consume enough for that to be an issue, but those who are more into longer endurance sections and those who need large amounts of carbohydrates in liquid form may need to keep that in mind.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd just add to this that depending on the amount of carbohydrate and duration of your session one thing to keep in mind is gut tolerance. Different ratios and not huge amounts of fructuse can help with that tolerance.

Most probably don't consume enough for that to be an issue, but those who are more into longer endurance sections and those who need large amounts of carbohydrates in liquid form may need to keep that in mind.
Yeah I’ve found changing amounts and ratios of sugar and even pure fructose to indeed change things. I think 2:1 dextrose:fructose is the established ratio for better hydration than either solo, and usually at amounts like 50:25g.

It goes without saying that fructose and sugar are extremely cheap so there’s a lot of ways to skin that cat, but 15-25g often goes well for many folks. Beyond that, it’s going to vary.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is the Pope Catholic??

Thank you.

I am a big fan of HBCD and also was a big fan of Cytomax back in the day for endurance purposes; so I'm definitely interested in both if there is enough demand for it.

I would personally prefer to do an HBCD product myself, but I think marketing wise, a blend may differentiate and sell better.

I like the idea of mild easy to drink flavors for this as well. Lemon Lime is not a super exciting flavor, but a reliable one and one I was thinking of doing for this.

And yeah, I can't do overly sweet dessert flavors in these types of products regularly. I want something light and refreshing.

I'm the same - I doubt I would ever use an unflavored one, but its something I would offer for the people that would.

Yes! I do enjoy carb powder. One that I use from time to time has a cinnamon bark extract, so the natural flavor of it is just a slight cinnamon taste. Don’t know for sure what that does performance wise, but it sure makes it tasty just on its own. Then if you add it to protein it’s a real treat.

I have not tried the Muscle addiction Pump Addict yet….. Hearing from others I will be ordering next and I feel like the pump addict and a carb powder would be an awesome combination!!!
Pump Addict is a great product. I think and hope that you'll really enjoy it.

Yes please.

I honestly would be down for whatever, I personally don't care "enough" to worry a ton, I'd grab whatever CEL/SNS came out with to replace my usual.

I rotate between Carb10, HBCD, or a mix of them depending on what is on sale to be honest.

If I could have a preference I would want a mix of HBCD + Carb10, but my preference isn't so high that I would avoid purchasing if you only came out with one or another.
Thank you.

I like HBCD better myself, but I know some people like Carb10 and I think a blend may be a good marketing differentiation and that's the way I'm leaning towards.

Flavor wise I prefer unflavored, since I tend to mix it with other stuff.

If you do come out with a more Cytomax like version I might spring for flavored versions. Something lemon/lemonade flavor would be my preference, but honestly anything that isn't too strong tends to be fine flavor-wise for me during training.
If we do a carb powder, we will definitely do flavored and unflavored versions.

If we do come out with a Cytomax like product, I think we will do some light refreshing flavors, kind of along the lines that they had like lemon lime, grape, etc. I would probably add a Blue Raspberry and maybe Pink Grapefruit.

Wait lol how do other companies who use dessert flavors market the use of HBCD? As a post workout that gets mixed with a vanilla or chocolate protein?

But anyway @steve I agree with Hyde/Resolve. When I’ve used intra carbs, it’s usually sipped in a 20-24oz bottle throughout the session so I think it’s important for it to be something that tastes good, but not overly strong. Plus, people are probably going to mix it with one of your forthcoming EAA products
I think some use it in meal replacements, but not sure.

I was thinking about doing some of the flavors that would either correspond with the upcoming EAA flavors or go well in combination with them; and definitely want to keep them on the lighter, refreshing side.

Came to say same thing. Purple sweet potato powder.
I may would be open to considering an idea like this if enough people wanted one; but I could see that possibly being a separate product as I'm not sure that some would want that with a HBCD/Carb10 product. I could be wrong though.

I’m down with an HBCB or blend of HBCD/Carb 10. I would switch my purchase over to you guys once it came out.

The product I currently use has a blend of them both and a few additional things. I personally prefer unflavored so I can mix with whatever EAA flavor I’m using at the time since I train early AM. Although if it’s release had a coordinated flavor with one of your future intra or EAA products I would likely purchase those as well. Agreed with the above comments about lighter flavors.
Thank you.

I definitely want to do light/refreshing flavors and will do an unflavored. For the flavors, I was thinking about either corresponding flavors with the upcoming intra or EAA products or at least flavors that would mix with them well, kind of like a flavor mashup type idea.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the suggestions.

I like the idea of that ratio as well.

And thank you for the suggestion of watermelon; I was thinking either watermelon or watermelon lime as one of the possible flavor ideas for this.

You're always welcome to make comments or suggestions in threads I post - I never regard any legitimate question as a dumb one because we all have to learn somewhere.

The reason that one wouldn't just drink grape juice or something high carb is that the advanced carb product idea(s) that we are discussing are meant to be performance and endurance enhancing, much moreso than a sugary carb beverage.

Hyde gave a great well explained answer on this in the post I'm quoting below as well.

I know I said that I prefer straight HBCD, but if a blend with Carb10 ends up being the go-to then I think this ratio is superior.

I have had poor success with the 60/40 blends (15g HBCD / 10g Carb10). I think Carb10 operates more like that underlying stability, so you don’t need a lot for it to keep glucose more stable.

Also, if the new watermelon lime flavor is as bomb as Steve is saying, that could be awesome!

I understand the reasoning behind the 15 grams/10 grams split between HBCD and Carb10 because that's what the research indicates in that some of the studies on HBCD were on 15 grams, but I also agree that I don't think that ratio applies best to the real world when they are combined together.

Unflavored Carb10 for me.
I think you're the first vote for Carb10 solo. Do you not like HBCD or haven't tried it?

I’m a Cluster Dextrin guy myself. Unflavored powder so that I can mix it with all my other intra stuff.

As for other carb powders. I LOVED the first 5% Nutrition Real Food, especially the Sweet Potato Pie flavor. I used to mix it with my protein and drink it post workout. Crazy expensive but damn it tasted good.
Thank you. I like HBCD myself and this is one of those where I know what I want personally, but don't want to let my personal preference interfere with what people may like the best and sell the best.

I’m in for a purple sweet potato powder also.
I would be open to an idea like this if enough people wanted one. I think it may be better to do it as a separate idea from HBCD/Carb10. Thoughts?

Purple sweet potato powder please.
I would be open to an idea like this if enough people wanted one. I think it may be better to do it as a separate idea from HBCD/Carb10. Thoughts?

Glycomyx’s ingredients were : High-Anthocyanin Purple Sweet Potato powder, Whole oat powder, glucomanna (konjac).

I tried it once and loved it but was never able to find it again.
@sns8778 if you could somehow source the ingredients above, I know we would all buy it.
Thank you for that. I had never heard of it before it was mentioned in another thread right before I made this thread.

This shouldn't be a hard product to do at all if enough people wanted it. Any idea why it was disco'd?

Do you think that this should be a separate idea from the HBCD/Carb10 one?

By unflavored it should be NO sweeteners either… I’ve come across a few carb products listed as unflavored and they don’t have flavoring but they have sweeteners in them which defeats the purpose…
I probably wouldn't put any sweeteners into an unflavored, but to explain the reasons that some brands do - some unflavored powders have a distinct taste to them so brands may add a little sweetener to take the bit or edge off to make them taste better when mixed with other things or when cooked with.

Do I want a carb powder? YES.

A mix of HBCD/Carb10? YES. I think this actually would be a good differentiation point, as most carb powders are one or the other. Would help set you apart.

I'm really intrigued that everyone's been putting in sweet potato/purple sweet potato. This is also where my head was at, but honestly don't know if there is any difference/benefits vs other carb sources? But again, could help you stand out.

Unflavored is honestly what I prefer, since I will always just mix in my intra. But, if I had to choose I'd go with something very lightly flavored. Maybe watermelon, a citrusy/lime flavor? I like a lot of the baja breeze type tropical flavors too. Just don't make it overly sweet please.
Thank you.

I'm not sure whether the purple sweet potato idea should be part of an HBCD/Carb10 product or possibly a separate product altogether.

I definitely wouldn't go overly sweet on flavors. I think something like this needs to be on the light/refreshing side.

Use hbcd and palatinose (isomaltulose). The second has been shown to enhance fat oxidation during activity/exercise
Thank you for the suggestion.

I hadn't been asked for Palatinose and hadn't looked at that in years. I remember at one point thinking about doing something with that and then honestly I think I forgot it existed.

I need to read up on it and see where would be good to incorporate it. I remember thinking in one way back then it would be good with HBCD but then also thinking in another way it wouldn't be. Thoughts?

HBCD light refreshing flavors
Thank you. Definitely agreed on the light refreshing flavors.

call me an asshole, but i actually like Karbolyn over HBCD
Everyone has different opinions on things. I appreciate your input.

Ribose is technically a patented ingredient and they charge a premium for it.

Another holdup on it is that it is technically a sugar and a lot of people that want carb products still hesitate at seeing sugar on the label; and for someone that isn't aware that Ribose is a sugar, that may lead to a negative connotation.

Very interested in an updated "Cytomax." I've used it for decades. Since it was discontinued I've been using Skratch Labs Clear Hydration mix which has cluster dextrin. If SNS/CEL could come up with a product that blends the two, I'd be all over it.

Flavor suggestions would be some kind of citrus or citrus blend, cola, and blackberry.
Thank you. I loved Cytomax too.

I thought about something like you just said - taking the old Cytomax formula, tweaking it a little, adding electrolytes, and then some HBCD to it, but probably not a lot or it would up the cost quickly.

Cola may be hard to pull off without it tasting flat, but if it cold taste good, I'd be all about that.

I loved Cytomax grape flavor.

I think a Lemon Lime or Citrus blend would be great.

You mentioned Blackberry, I love Blackberry Mojito.

It’s a great product, we have 3-4 tubs in the pantry. It’s ideal for a true periWO meal replacement, but I find it isn’t a very good intra unless it’s a very long session and in smaller amounts.

So if I wake up, I could slam 50g Karbolyn instead of eating if necessary and head to train sooner, but I would still sip HBCD or Gatorade or something during. The Karbolyn is literally like drinking liquified rice/potato/corn.

So great product, but very different.
Thank you for explaining. That's what I was thinking as well but it had been a long time since I'd looked at it. Thank you for explaining and saving me having to go back and refresh on that haha.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Purple Sweet Potato separate for sure. Its a wonderful carb. I must have went through 30 tubs of this stuff and never 1 spike at all and I have blood sugar issues. Matt made Glycomyx for at least 1 other company before bringing it home to Evo. I think thats how it went, i am getting old and cant remember as well. ha! I dont know what happened to it. it was a great product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Purple Sweet Potato separate for sure. Its a wonderful carb. I must have went through 30 tubs of this stuff and never 1 spike at all and I have blood sugar issues. Matt made Glycomyx for at least 1 other company before bringing it home to Evo. I think thats how it went, i am getting old and cant remember as well. ha! I dont know what happened to it. it was a great product.
If you (or anyone) can find a supplements facts panel for it, please pm or email it to me.

And thanks, I was thinking it sounded like it would need to be a separate idea.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I remember really enjoying that purple potato product FWIW. Used to mix up some shakes as a solid pre-workout meal when I didn't have time to eat.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember really enjoying that purple potato product FWIW. Used to mix up some shakes as a solid pre-workout meal when I didn't have time to eat.
its such a good mix with a scoop of protein. taken pre-workout, the pump was crazy too. kept my muscles feeling full.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
its such a good mix with a scoop of protein. taken pre-workout, the pump was crazy too. kept my muscles feeling full.
I'm tentatively open to the idea.

Am I correct in thinking that this may should be a separate idea from the HBCD/Carb10 product?
Or is Purple Sweet Potato something you'd like to see in with HBCD/Carb10?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Am I correct in thinking that this may should be a separate idea from the HBCD/Carb10 product?
No I don't want the potato in my intra, it was just a super cool MRP addition since grinding up oats can be annoying. ;)

jgraves31

jgraves31

Awards

A separate idea. As close / exact to the the product posted above.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I never used it, but I can tell you that it would be totally inferior to Karbolyn even as an intra. All that fiber & feeling full are anathema for a true performance intra carb.

It does look like a great meal replacement/pre-carb choice though, and I would be very interested in trying it as a separate product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never used it, but I can tell you that it would be totally inferior to Karbolyn even as an intra. All that fiber & feeling full are anathema for a true performance intra carb.

It does look like a great meal replacement/pre-carb choice though, and I would be very interested in trying it as a separate product.
That is what I was thinking too - that it would be more of a meal based carb rather than a performance one.

I know I want to do the Cytomax type under SNS.

I may do an HBCD/Carb10 combo under SNS or I may do the combo under CEL and a straight HBCD under SNS. It’s probably smarter business not to have 2 different ones lol, but I think marketing wise and for many ppl the combo will be better but dang it, I want an HBCD I trust and like the flavors of lol. Hence me thinking of doing both.

If do the purple sweet potato one, I could make an argument to put that under CEL or possibly Muscle Addiction bc I’d love to get more eyes on Muscle Addiction.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know you’ve discussed not wanting to do a protein powder for a variety of reasons, but I really like the idea of a carb replacement powder for non-intra usage. To echo what some have said, could make a great preworkout “meal” with whey for those in a hurry.

I know it’s common to hear on forums to just eat your carbs, or blend your own oats, but sometimes that can be inconvenient so it’s nice having options

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely separate the sweet potato powder from the performance carbs. I like the ideas on HBCD and HBCD+Carb10. I would use either.

Flavor Votes - Lemon Lime, Fruit Punch, Lemonade, if you want to get bold a Blue Raspberry

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just wanna mention the one carb powder nobody has mentioned in here yet, Cream Of Rice. I use it alot and find its the easiest possible carb on my digestion. BUT I think the market is saturated, so probably not something worth putting money in.