Would a person benefit from just supplementing with agmatine for pumps?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Would a person find it more beneficial to just buy bulk agmatine and supplement with that instead of spending xtra money on non stim pre workouts for PUMPS?

compan

compan

Awards
If your goal is just pumps, sure you can just grab any single ingredient in bulk and dose it appropriately.

Agamtine
Citrulline
Hydromax
KN03

Typically non-stim pre workouts either have a synergistic approach with combinations of ingredients like the above or maybe some added ergogenic aids or nootropics added in, but if your goal is just pumps you could certainly do that.

"More beneficial" I wouldn't say, but I would say it is more cost effective and "close enough". Hydration and carbs go a long way for pump too.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
If your goal is just pumps, sure you can just grab any single ingredient in bulk and dose it appropriately.

Agamtine
Citrulline
Hydromax
KN03

Typically non-stim pre workouts either have a synergistic approach with combinations of ingredients like the above or maybe some added ergogenic aids or nootropics added in, but if your goal is just pumps you could certainly do that.

"More beneficial" I wouldn't say, but I would say it is more cost effective and "close enough". Hydration and carbs go a long way for pump too.
So if I currently use a pre workout that has lots of good stuff in it, I could just add a couple servings of agmatine to it and that would just work as good as spending extra money on say a product like High Volume.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would a person find it more beneficial to just buy bulk agmatine and supplement with that instead of spending xtra money on non stim pre workouts for PUMPS?
Agmatine+Citrulline+Sea Salt=Pump

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd just buy loads of noxygen simple and effective if you just want pumps

here in the UK we dont have agmatine but noxygen is a great addition to any workout or stand alone

but then agmatine has a host of other benefits too i guess

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
ive used a few pump products but i always came back to just bulk powder of citrulline and agmatine. primarily due money reasons, its just sooo much cheaper and on the other side not that much less effective. sure, a pump product with 15 different ingredients can give you a great pumpt but i have one question - is there a point of saturation? a point where the pump is there and it cant get higher? i think so! you can only add something with a different moa to change the feeling.

imho you can use ~8g citrullin malate and 1g agmatine, that will give you an extremely good pump; of course if you eat enough carbs and salt in general. without glykogen, there wont be a nice pump.

hydromax has a different moa, so this is also a nice addition because it changed the pump feeling into something different, something unique! 3-5g are nice to have but i would focus on agmatine and citrullin if money is tight.

another thing i have to mention is vaso6. this is also a VERY unique pump feeling. this is the premium pump ingredient in my opinion. nothing above works like this, it feels completely different, better. it gives you a better muscle mind connection and also enhances recovery between sets. the pumps are outstanding!

long story short - if i had to choose one ingredient, it would be vaso6. if money is tight, it would be agmatine. one of the best feelings will be with agmatine, citrullin, hydromax and vaso6. thats my opinion on pump products.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive used a few pump products but i always came back to just bulk powder of citrulline and agmatine. primarily due money reasons, its just sooo much cheaper and on the other side not that much less effective. sure, a pump product with 15 different ingredients can give you a great pumpt but i have one question - is there a point of saturation? a point where the pump is there and it cant get higher? i think so! you can only add something with a different moa to change the feeling.

imho you can use ~8g citrullin malate and 1g agmatine, that will give you an extremely good pump; of course if you eat enough carbs and salt in general. without glykogen, there wont be a nice pump.

hydromax has a different moa, so this is also a nice addition because it changed the pump feeling into something different, something unique! 3-5g are nice to have but i would focus on agmatine and citrullin if money is tight.

another thing i have to mention is vaso6. this is also a VERY unique pump feeling. this is the premium pump ingredient in my opinion. nothing above works like this, it feels completely different, better. it gives you a better muscle mind connection and also enhances recovery between sets. the pumps are outstanding!

long story short - if i had to choose one ingredient, it would be vaso6. if money is tight, it would be agmatine. one of the best feelings will be with agmatine, citrullin, hydromax and vaso6. thats my opinion on pump products.
I do love a massive dose of hydromax

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
I do love a massive dose of hydromax
i think the recommendation of GN‘s product is like 5g with at least 700ml water. in my experience you have to drink a sh1tload of water to make sure that it works. the hydration of your muscles is just insane, i also think that little strength improvements are possible with the higher muscle cross section you get with the glycerol.

do you dose higher than 5g? 200g hydromax (now the GN product is called hydrocyn) cost ~30€; so its very expensive. especially if you dose higher than 5g. or is there a place to get equal glycerolpowder for less? (in europe)

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think the recommendation of GN‘s product is like 5g with at least 700ml water. in my experience you have to drink a sh1tload of water to make sure that it works. the hydration of your muscles is just insane, i also think that little strength improvements are possible with the higher muscle cross section you get with the glycerol.

do you dose higher than 5g? 200g hydromax (now the GN product is called hydrocyn) cost ~30€; so its very expensive. especially if you dose higher than 5g. or is there a place to get equal glycerolpowder for less? (in europe)
I’m currently using nitrox by anabolic design so 5grams

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
I’m currently using nitrox by anabolic design so 5grams
looks nice, really not that bad! but its more than 1€/serving and i think that’s very expensive tbh. i think you wont notice much difference if you just buy 500g citrullin malate for like 20€ and 200g hydromax for 30€ to mix your own pre workout but you will save a lot of money. maybe you think about that :)

you would have 40 servings of hydromax and 83 servings of citrullin for just 50€.

and please try vaso6. its in re1gn, massacr3 and ep1logue and most likely in the upcoming non-stim pump product from OL. i think muscletech has the other product on the market with vaso6. i dont think that there is any other company out there that uses it.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and please try vaso6. its in re1gn, massacr3 and ep1logue and most likely in the upcoming non-stim pump product from OL. i think muscletech has the other product on the market with vaso6. i dont think that there is any other company out there that uses it.
Is the Stim-Free Re1gn actually been confirme

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Is the Stim-Free Re1gn actually been confirme
dont know if they will call it re1gn stim-free but yes, they confirmed a pump product if i remember correctly =)
i even think that its formulation is already done!

i asked for a vaso6 only product and then Olympus Labs wrote something like „people need to tell us what they want to see that we already formulated the pump product“

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont know if they will call it re1gn stim-free but yes, they confirmed a pump product if i remember correctly =)
i even think that its formulation is already done!

i asked for a vaso6 only product and then Olympus Labs wrote something like „people need to tell us what they want to see that we already formulated the pump product“
I heard a few things being thrown around about a stim-free Re1gn type product but nothing definitive. Would be good for those of us slightly more stim sensitive...Just hope they don't put any BA in it.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
I heard a few things being thrown around about a stim-free Re1gn type product but nothing definitive. Would be good for those of us slightly more stim sensitive...Just hope they don't put any BA in it.
i can guarantee that there wont be BA in there ;-)

BA is quite useless for bodybuilders, its good for endurance athletes but has no real benefits for us as bodybuilders and the area we train in. and im not even talking about the non-existing pump benefits in general. and due the fact that OL does nothing or uses nothing without reasearch proving its effectiveness, we can be 100% sure that they wont throw BA in their pump product.

im also looking forward to this beauty. but im still hoping on a vaso6-only capsule product on the market because its the best ingredient ive ever taken

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can guarantee that there wong be BA in there ;-)

BA is quite useless for bodybuilders, its good for endurance athletes but has no real benefits for us as bodybuilders and the area we train in. and im not even talking about the non-existing pump benefits in general. and due the fact that OL does nothing or uses nothing without reasearch proving its effectiveness, we can be 100% sure that they wont throw BA in their pump product.

im also looking forward to this beauty. but im still hoping on a vaso6-only capsule product on the market because its the best ingredient ive ever taken
Glad to hear it!
I've never found any benefit to BA. I have tried to take it in the past back when everybody was on the Carnosyn bandwagon, touting it as the best muscle building ingredient since Creatine. Always suffered from really bad stinging from it though so it was ruining my workouts rather than improving them.

"Best ingredient i've ever taken"??? That's huge! Is it really that goo
Ep1logue has 300mg of Vaso6 in it, as well as the other goodies (Epi(-) & Urolithin B).

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So if I currently use a pre workout that has lots of good stuff in it, I could just add a couple servings of agmatine to it and that would just work as good as spending extra money on say a product like High Volume.
IMO if you are going to get just one bulk supplement out of the popular" pump" ingredients, agmatine is the way to go for its nootropic and nutrient partitioning effects.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Glad to hear it!
I've never found any benefit to BA. I have tried to take it in the past back when everybody was on the Carnosyn bandwagon, touting it as the best muscle building ingredient since Creatine. Always suffered from really bad stinging from it though so it was ruining my workouts rather than improving them.

"Best ingredient i've ever taken"??? That's huge! Is it really that goo
Ep1logue has 300mg of Vaso6 in it, as well as the other goodies (Epi(-) & Urolithin B).
yeah generally its a nice ingredient - just not for lifting weights. the tingles should be gone after a few days consuming it. (BA must be taken everyday, just like creatine) its the same with glutamine - many people praise it as something beneficial but in real there is not only one benefit for muscle growth or anything similar. no bodybuilder needs BA and no healthy person with enough protein intake needs supplemental glutamine (its good your your digestive system or maybe helps if you are ill but thats it, nothing else that it would be worth to buy)

i really love vaso6. re1gn is the best pre ive ever taken (only the old conqu3r amped was as good as re1gn but the pump wasnt even close to re1gn) and thats for huge part because of the vaso6. ive never gotten such full and blood-filled muscles, you feel every muscle WY better than without it! the mind muscle connection with this stuff is nothing ive ever seen before. ep1logue is also great! its as good that i already bought 3 bottles of massacr3 - i wanted to compare laxogenin to epicatechin but i also wanted to have my daily dose, for every training, of vaso6 again because i dont want to train without it anymore.

overall i can say that i have the most fun with ep1logue. (beside re1gn but you cant take that daily; at least you shouldn’t) no other supplement had such a big impact on my training (and of course my physique; never used any PHs or AAS so ep1lpgue, a natural anabolic, is the strongest stuff ive taken so far). and vaso6 is very big factor of this product and also the main reason why i even bought 3 bottles of it after OL launched it

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
looks nice, really not that bad! but its more than 1€/serving and i think that’s very expensive tbh. i think you wont notice much difference if you just buy 500g citrullin malate for like 20€ and 200g hydromax for 30€ to mix your own pre workout but you will save a lot of money. maybe you think about that :)

you would have 40 servings of hydromax and 83 servings of citrullin for just 50€.

Managed to pick it up cheap, I just wanted to try anabolic designs products

I’ve actually got the discontinued dragons mist reign in my rotation of pres too

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Adding bulk agmatine to my current PWO has worked very well for me.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah generally its a nice ingredient - just not for lifting weights. the tingles should be gone after a few days consuming it. (BA must be taken everyday, just like creatine) its the same with glutamine - many people praise it as something beneficial but in real there is not only one benefit for muscle growth or anything similar. no bodybuilder needs BA and no healthy person with enough protein intake needs supplemental glutamine (its good your your digestive system or maybe helps if you are ill but thats it, nothing else that it would be worth to buy)

i really love vaso6. re1gn is the best pre ive ever taken (only the old conqu3r amped was as good as re1gn but the pump wasnt even close to re1gn) and thats for huge part because of the vaso6. ive never gotten such full and blood-filled muscles, you feel every muscle WY better than without it! the mind muscle connection with this stuff is nothing ive ever seen before. ep1logue is also great! its as good that i already bought 3 bottles of massacr3 - i wanted to compare laxogenin to epicatechin but i also wanted to have my daily dose, for every training, of vaso6 again because i dont want to train without it anymore.

overall i can say that i have the most fun with ep1logue. (beside re1gn but you cant take that daily; at least you shouldn’t) no other supplement had such a big impact on my training (and of course my physique; never used any PHs or AAS so ep1lpgue, a natural anabolic, is the strongest stuff ive taken so far). and vaso6 is very big factor of this product and also the main reason why i even bought 3 bottles of it after OL launched it
could you give before after pics for epilogue or massacre? I'm super interested in both and am a fellow lover of vaso 6. How do the two compare to ara?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For years now i have used Agmatine(1 gram) and either Potassium Nitrate or Citrulline malate pre wo...thats all i need and never have built up tolerance. Do yourself a favor and Buy some SNS Agmatine powder or caps with Iforce Potassium nitrate...you wont be sorry and you will save yourself a ton of cash

compan

compan

Awards
Not as good per say, but it would certainly get you a decent amount of the way there.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You could have solid pumps from just taking 2 grams of agmatine 30 mins before the gym.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
absolutely. I haven't taken any stimulates in months and use agmatine.

You could have solid pumps from just taking 2 grams of agmatine 30 mins before the gym.
I've done experiments back in 2012, on 500 mgs, 1000 mgs, 1500 mgs and 2000 mgs. my conclusion back then 500 mgs was the best bang for my dollar and may have been effective as 1000. 2000 gave me a lil different heady feeling if I remember right. Ive been taking 1 gram recently . If I were on a limited agmatine run though, and wanted to save some, I think 500 mgs works well. I think 1000 mgs is plenty. Maybe just for fun ill try 2000, but in my experience 1000 is plenty and 500 works well

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agmatine by itself works pretty good, I'm not the biggest fan of agmatine for a pump as I find it hit or miss unless at 1g

if I'm going 1 ingredient I'm going with potassium nitrates

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agmatine is pretty cheap, so if you wanted to add it to your pre workout for additional pumps, it is a cost worthy option. Additionally, agmatine has several other benefits and I would suggest using it for these things as well if one has the funds to dose it for those benefits. Check out the thread below.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/289556-agmatine-more-than.html

costelum

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'd just buy loads of noxygen simple and effective if you just want pumps

here in the UK we dont have agmatine but noxygen is a great addition to any workout or stand alone

but then agmatine has a host of other benefits too i guess
i have ordered agmantine uk maded is on ebay is efective at 30 pounds APOLLO'S AGMATINE SULFATE 120 CAPSULES