Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure this has been mentioned here but for those who may have not seen it...

This means that now, there are only 2 possibilities...

1.) The FDA/Pfizer etc. have NO IDEA how or if their "vaccines" work, nor do they have any idea of what the side effects are OR;
2.) They know damn well what they are, but don't want you to know anytime soon..

Most people just heard "safe and effective" from President Brandon, or their doctor or some other community leader - and that was enough for them. Or they saw a commercial, highway sign or MSM story claiming it was "safe and effective". No further due diligence needed, like oh I dunno.... "what are you basing your safe and effective opinion on"? It turns out there was little to nothing to support that view. Or (more likely IMO) evidence entirely to the contrary. In other words, it was a complete fairy tale.

If you fall into this category and gleefully rolled up your sleeve it's time to admit it: You got played....

Despite this, there's still a sizeable number of Americans who'll have no problem doubling down on stupid and getting booster shots. Much easier offloading your health decisions to someone else.

Besides, thinking for yourself is a lot of work...
my wife and i are friends with a lady who is in the hospital very ill from getting the booster shot, her prognosis is not very good.

i am learning more and more about the effectiveness/protection having had covid gives in preventing a 2nd infection---why the fucking hell won't that mentaly deficient brandon recognize this---follow the science, eh asshole?

btw-i went for a really good 4 mile run today--metallica S@M rocks-the 1st not the newer one!!!

no 'long covid' for either of us, my wife and i are much more healthy that the vast majority of people we know, even those much younger.

hope everyone is having a great day--getting ready to go fishing for awhile :)

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a doctor or a scientist, but I am an economist and following the data I think we can definitely attest to these truths:

COVID spiked hard with vaccinations > to me this strongly suggests that the vaccine does make you more contagious. the CDC even admitted this.

Vaccinated people who are healthy and do not have side effects from the vaccine do seem to recover better or have more mild symptoms, generally.

The vaccine does have a decently high risk of minor to severe side effects, including death and reproductive harm.

Herd immunity is and always was the answer. You're either going to get your anti-bodies with or without the vaccine.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
are we still seeing men/boys impacted more than women/girls? I think for both covid and the vaccine side effects

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a doctor or a scientist, but I am an economist and following the data I think we can definitely attest to these truths:

COVID spiked hard with vaccinations > to me this strongly suggests that the vaccine does make you more contagious. the CDC even admitted this.

Vaccinated people who are healthy and do not have side effects from the vaccine do seem to recover better or have more mild symptoms, generally.

The vaccine does have a decently high risk of minor to severe side effects, including death and reproductive harm.

Herd immunity is and always was the answer. You're either going to get your anti-bodies with or without the vaccine.
i remember when the vaccines 1st came out, one of the major sides people were concerned about was reproductive health. the CDC said that those concerns were baseless...

well i also remember the CDC and Brandon all telling us that if we got the vaccine we COULD not get covid? now faici is saying soon people might not be considered FULLY vaccinated until they get booster shot [3rd shot] and that it's possible the covid vaccine might become a yearly shot like the flu vaccine.

i also remember fauci saying that masks were unnecessary and might cause more harm than good, even though people with cold and flu symptoms had been told to wear masks for many decades-most doctor offices/hospitals had been supplying masks for decades...to those that say this was to make sure there were enough for 1st responders... i call bullshyt since a few weeks later fauci and the surgeon general were all over television telling people that if they didn't have a mask to use a bandana or other cloth wrapped around mouth and nose.

i

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i just want provable prior infection to be recognized as alternative to getting brandon's vaccine...the science is there!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i remember when the vaccines 1st came out, one of the major sides people were concerned about was reproductive health. the CDC said that those concerns were baseless...

well i also remember the CDC and Brandon all telling us that if we got the vaccine we COULD not get covid? now faici is saying soon people might not be considered FULLY vaccinated until they get booster shot [3rd shot] and that it's possible the covid vaccine might become a yearly shot like the flu vaccine.

i also remember fauci saying that masks were unnecessary and might cause more harm than good, even though people with cold and flu symptoms had been told to wear masks for many decades-most doctor offices/hospitals had been supplying masks for decades...to those that say this was to make sure there were enough for 1st responders... i call bullshyt since a few weeks later fauci and the surgeon general were all over television telling people that if they didn't have a mask to use a bandana or other cloth wrapped around mouth and nose.

i
reproductive side effects are one of the top reported side effects right now, mostly women

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
reproductive side effects are one of the top reported side effects right now, mostly women
if that is the case then it was a bald faced lie by fauci CDC and all the others who rushed to stomp out the people who were expressing concerns about reproductive health---i remember them specifically saying directly that getting the vaccines will definitely NOT cause reproductive side effects.

facebook probably censored people from even questioning the possibility of vaccines causing possiblr reproduction side effects...robert f kennedy jr last night said in interview that fauci and bill gates are in cahoots and everyone should know bill gates views on overpopulation.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if that is the case then it was a bald faced lie by fauci CDC and all the others who rushed to stomp out the people who were expressing concerns about reproductive health---i remember them specifically saying directly that getting the vaccines will definitely NOT cause reproductive side effects.

facebook probably censored people from even questioning the possibility of vaccines causing possiblr reproduction side effects...robert f kennedy jr last night said in interview that fauci and bill gates are in cahoots and everyone should know bill gates views on overpopulation.
I think there was some vaers data to support an increase in miscarriage

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
from the CDC--CDC and medical professionals recommend covid-19 vaccination for people who want to have children'

'covid-19 vaccination is recommended for people who are trying to get pregnant now or might become pregnant in the future, including their partners'

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
from the CDC--CDC and medical professionals recommend covid-19 vaccination for people who want to have children'

'covid-19 vaccination is recommended for people who are trying to get pregnant now or might become pregnant in the future, including their partners'
it's the same stupid argument that covid causes more issues during birth than the vaccine does. total **** data

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

You heard about a massive uptick in still births? Because I have.

----

Here's a handy chart that may help you make sense of the world.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
'it's because they care about their fellow humans, unlike Americans, and adhere to masking'

' ? '
I guess there's something about the variant in Japan having mutated itself to death. so maybe it mutated, was super transmissible, then broke

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

here ya go, pull up Comirnaty

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
newsweek 6/2/21
'Fauci said masks not really effective in keeping out virus'; Email reveals

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
damn!!!

that is very alarming!!!

it is becoming clear why vaccine manufactures wanted guaranteed immunity, both civil and criminal--at least to me!!!
Come on. Pharma companies can be trusted, right? Perdue anyone?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Come on. Pharma companies can be trusted, right? Perdue anyone?
i lived the majority of my life in indianapolis, home of eli lilly...growing up the saying was what lilly wants lilly gets---the rotten egg smell the lilly plants put out was horrible, but money talks and smelly shyt walks-eh?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Elapsed time since BNT162b2 vaccine and risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection: test negative design study
BMJ 2021; 375 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj-2021-067873 (Published 25 November 2021)
Cite this as: BMJ 2021;375:e067873

Accepted 2 November 2021
Abstract
Objectives To determine whether time elapsed since the second injection of the Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine was significantly associated with the risk of covid-19 infection after vaccination in people who received two vaccine injections.

Design Test negative design study.

Setting Electronic health records of a large state mandated healthcare organisation, Israel.

Participants Adults aged ***8805;18 years who had received a reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test between 15 May 2021 and 17 September 2021, at least three weeks after their second vaccine injection, had not received a third vaccine injection, and had no history of covid-19 infection.

Main outcome measures Positive result for the RT-PCR test. Individuals who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and controls were matched for week of testing, age category, and demographic group (ultra-orthodox Jews, individuals of Arab ancestry, and the general population). Conditional logistic regression was adjusted for age, sex, socioeconomic status, and comorbid conditions.

Results 83***8201;057 adults received an RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 during the study period and 9.6% had a positive result. Time elapsed since the vaccine injection was significantly longer in individuals who tested positive (P<0.001). Adjusted odds ratio for infection at time intervals >90 days since vaccination were significantly increased compared with the reference of <90 days: 2.37 (95% confidence interval 1.67 to 3.36) for 90-119 days, 2.66 (1.94 to 3.66) for 120-149 days, 2.82 (2.07 to 3.84) for 150-179 days, and 2.82 (2.07 to 3.85) for ***8805;180 days (P<0.001 for each 30 day interval).

Conclusions In this large population of adults tested for SARS-CoV-2 by RT-PCR after two doses of mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine, a gradual increase in the risk of infection was seen for individuals who received their second vaccine dose after at least 90 days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...r-vaccine.html

Quote:
Risk of COVID-19 infection more than DOUBLES 90 days after the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study finds

A new study looked at more than 80,000 adults who were fully vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine

The percentage of tests that came back positive increased from 1.3% prior to 90 days to of 2.4% 90 to 119 days later, to 10.3% 150 to 179 days later

Risk of infection was 2.37-fold higher between 90 and 119 days after completing the vaccine series compared to the initial 90 days

This increased to a 2.82-fold increased risk 180 days or more after receiving the second dose

Researchers say the findings show booster shots are likely needed to sustain long-term protection from Covid

Boosters every 90 days, sure thing I'll get right on that!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think some of this can be explained by people, who once vaccinated, stop taking many of the precautions they were before.
Need time frames because it’s pretty known that right after the second shot your immunity goes down and then it spikes and slowly goes back down. Be nice if they told old and sick people that so they don’t get the second shot and immediately go to a rager haha

Edit: I don’t disagree outside of the time frame past a couple weeks

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think some of this can be explained by people, who once vaccinated, stop taking many of the precautions they were before.
the vaccines definitely wane in effectiveness over time. that's why 3 shots was the original plan. there's a 2019 Pfizer paper showing that only ~60% of the people were serum positive for antibodies after 3 doses over the course of two months or something. I guess we don't know for sure how it effects T and B cells long term but you'd think this pandemic would be over if the vaccine didn't wane.

if you have monoclonal antibodies available, there's basically no reason to get the vaccine. technically monoclonal fits the new definition of vaccine too, due to the lasting protection.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the vaccines definitely wane in effectiveness over time. that's why 3 shots was the original plan. there's a 2019 Pfizer paper showing that only ~60% of the people were serum positive for antibodies after 3 doses over the course of two months or something. I guess we don't know for sure how it effects T and B cells long term but you'd think this pandemic would be over if the vaccine didn't wane.

if you have monoclonal antibodies available, there's basically no reason to get the vaccine. technically monoclonal fits the new definition of vaccine too, due to the lasting protection.
Im still not sure if its available to everyone yet

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
joe biden--'if you get the vaccine, you won't get covid'

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
joe biden--'if you get the vaccine, you won't get covid'
Biden's statement has nothing to do with the Israel study Poison posted
Ricky wouldn't know as its a state level thing. Here in GA, at most places you have to have certain risk factors, and be referred by a doctor. Their is a place here thats drive up and will give it to anybody

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Biden's statement has nothing to do with the Israel study Poison postedRicky wouldn't know as its a state level thing. Here in GA, at most places you have to have certain risk factors, and be referred by a doctor. Their is a place here thats drive up and will give it to anybody
they usually won't let hospitalized patients have monoclonal from what I hear, so Ricky probably never sees it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Biden's statement has nothing to do with the Israel study Poison postedRicky wouldn't know as its a state level thing. Here in GA, at most places you have to have certain risk factors, and be referred by a doctor. Their is a place here thats drive up and will give it to anybody
lol..my post was in reference to your post about people relaxing precautions....biden saying if you get vaccine you won't get covid is VERY relevant to YOUR post--geez man!!! :love:

@Ricky10 is the only one in this thread that i know who has actual experience with in dealing with covid treatment-knowing this i thought his input would be valuable to this discussion--unless you are personally involved in covid treatment?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
they usually won't let hospitalized patients have monoclonal from what I hear, so Ricky probably never sees it
Once you're in the hospital, the virus has already run its course. Antibodies wont help at that point

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
joe biden saying if you get the vaccine you won't get covid might have something to do with people stopping precautions-eh?:unsure:

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol..my post was in reference to your post about people relaxing precautions....biden saying if you get vaccine you won't get covid is VERY relevant to YOUR post--geez man!!! :love:

@Ricky10 is the only one in this thread that i know who has actual experience with in dealing with covid treatment-knowing this i thought his input would be valuable to this discussion--unless you are personally involved in covid treatment?
Yes Ricky is but, to my knowledge he treats hospitalized patients. Monoclonal antibodies arent for those hospitalized, its to help prevent hospitalization. Not being snappy T, nothing but love

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes Ricky is but, to my knowledge he treats hospitalized patients. Monoclonal antibodies arent for those hospitalized, its to help prevent hospitalization. Not being snappy T, nothing but love
lol, i know we have vastly differing opinions, but it's nice that we can keep things on a civil tone--HAPPY THANKSGIVING

gotta go-it's turkey time...peace on earth, good will towards all
:)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This has been pretty evident in our country and I believe it to be the main reason for high infection numbers right now. Sad thing is that many of the vaccinated population aggressively blames the unvaccinated small population of the high number of infections, while they themselves are going around in bars and stuff completely care free. I don't really have an opinion on how people should live and be and don't blame anyone, but it's pretty clear that, if just looking at infection rate, 0% vaccination and social distancing has less infections, than 100% vaccination and living 'normally'.

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This has been pretty evident in our country and I believe it to be the main reason for high infection numbers right now. Sad thing is that many of the vaccinated population aggressively blames the unvaccinated small population of the high number of infections, while they are going around in bars and stuff completely care free. I don't really have an opinion on how people should live and be and don't blame anyone, but it's pretty clear that, if just looking at infection rate, 0% vaccination and social distancing has less infections, than 100% vaccination and living 'normally'.
I think it's a combination of this and the waning effectiveness. almost everyone I know that has 2 shots is not doing a 3rd

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol, i know we have vastly differing opinions, but it's nice that we can keep things on a civil tone--HAPPY THANKSGIVING

gotta go-it's turkey time...peace on earth, good will towards all
Eh not as much as you think lol. Ive had covid, am not vaxxed and completely believe in natural immunity. Im not for or against the vaccine. I am STRONGLY against the mandates and dont think anyone should be forced to get the vaccine. I also agree with you all that this vaccine has some serious side effect, the majority of which are being suppressed by the media. Where we differ is I do think the virus should be taken seriously, and I question some of the sources that are sometimes posted in the thread as they have a clear bias a lot of times. I stay out of the "political" sides of the thread.
This has been pretty evident in our country and I believe it to be the main reason for high infection numbers right now. Sad thing is that many of the vaccinated population aggressively blames the unvaccinated small population of the high number of infections, while they are going around in bars and stuff completely care free. I don't really have an opinion on how people should live and be and don't blame anyone, but it's pretty clear that, if just looking at infection rate, 0% vaccination and social distancing has less infections, than 100% vaccination and living 'normally'.
I personally think this is it also
I think it's a combination of this and the waning effectiveness. almost everyone I know that has 2 shots is not doing a 3rd
Yeah same for those around me

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ricky wouldn't know as its a state level thing. Here in GA, at most places you have to have certain risk factors, and be referred by a doctor. Their is a place here thats drive up and will give it to anybody
Once you're in the hospital, the virus has already run its course. Antibodies wont help at that point
Yeah, I really don’t have anything to add regarding monoclonal antibodies above that of anyone else. They are not given to hospitalized patients because the body has already mounted it’s own immune response.

However, I think we can all agree that it seems to remain a valuable intervention to keep people out of the hospital.

Sadly, some people don’t believe in any medical interventions as there still remains a population that continues to not even believe in COVID. Then they end up in the hospital crying yet still denying reality.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I really don’t have anything to add regarding monoclonal antibodies above that of anyone else. They are not given to hospitalized patients because the body has already mounted it’s own immune response.

However, I think we can all agree that it seems to remain a valuable intervention to keep people out of the hospital.

Sadly, some people don’t believe in any medical interventions as there still remains a population that continues to not even believe in COVID. Then they end up in the hospital crying yet still denying reality.
did your hospital stop using remdesivir yet? that's probably the big thing you should see changing soon

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
did your hospital stop using remdesivir yet? that's probably the big thing you should see changing soon
We are still using it as we basically just follow the accepted protocols at the time. Much like any hospital. It’s hard to know if it has actually been beneficial or not since most everyone is placed on it. It definitely doesn’t seem to be performing any miracles though in comparison to before it started being utilized. A few patients as of late have been refusing it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with this a lot - but I would point out, as BIGT did, that there is a lot of misinformation and propaganda being pushed with no evidence and you cannot really blame people for doing this when they think, "We've all been vaccinated, we are safe!"

It is funny you have posted this, because earlier in this thread, I had suggested that based on the infection rate and death rate data we have, compared to last year, I would suggest the vaccine is somewhere between 40-60% effective - not the 80-90% that we are all being told.

The waning effectiveness may be a factor in this calculation, maybe a large factor. But what you have dug up also deepens the misinformation being spread. First it was 2 shots with no boosters, now it is 3 shots - and your reference would suggest they've known it was 3 shots all along; what else do they know?

This has been pretty evident in our country and I believe it to be the main reason for high infection numbers right now. Sad thing is that many of the vaccinated population aggressively blames the unvaccinated small population of the high number of infections, while they themselves are going around in bars and stuff completely care free. I don't really have an opinion on how people should live and be and don't blame anyone, but it's pretty clear that, if just looking at infection rate, 0% vaccination and social distancing has less infections, than 100% vaccination and living 'normally'.
Great post. More to the point, it has been proven that the vaccinated people are equally as infectious as unvaccinated people (not what we were originally told) and the entire reason we should not act "normally" and do things like where mask was supposed to be because we could be carriers without realizing and infect someone who could die. Now the vaccinated people believe they are on some kind of moral high ground, when they would still be trying to not spread the disease if they were truly being moral.

Eh not as much as you think lol. Ive had covid, am not vaxxed and completely believe in natural immunity. Im not for or against the vaccine. I am STRONGLY against the mandates and dont think anyone should be forced to get the vaccine. I also agree with you all that this vaccine has some serious side effect, the majority of which are being suppressed by the media. Where we differ is I do think the virus should be taken seriously, and I question some of the sources that are sometimes posted in the thread as they have a clear bias a lot of times. I stay out of the "political" sides of the thread.
Truly great post. You summarized a lot of what I have been trying to say, in a concise/better way than I have been able to in the last 6 months haha.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The hospitals nationwide have never been overwhelmed. Those pop ups and navy ships never saw a single patient. That's why he hasn't set them up, they simply aren't needed.

The issue is actually staffing, but if staffing was such a big issue, maybe they shouldn't fire staff in the middle of a pandemic.....
Well the reality is that there is both a shortage of rooms and staff. My hospital continues to convert random areas of the hospital into inpatient rooms while clinical staff coverage for those extra patients is of secondary concern. Hospital administration will stretch us to our absolute limit and then push us even harder. Attempts to transfer critical patients to larger facilities for special procedures usually results in denial due to lack of beds.

While the loss of staff due to the vaccine mandate didn’t help matters, the bigger picture is that most of our losses have come from people leaving the profession due to the extreme demands and lack of compensation or support from our employers. Even physicians that do make a generous salary are calling it quits, and people will continue to leave as long as these toxic working conditions continue. Needless to say, it isn’t a safe environment for patients either.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with this a lot - but I would point out, as BIGT did, that there is a lot of misinformation and propaganda being pushed with no evidence and you cannot really blame people for doing this when they think, "We've all been vaccinated, we are safe!"

It is funny you have posted this, because earlier in this thread, I had suggested that based on the infection rate and death rate data we have, compared to last year, I would suggest the vaccine is somewhere between 40-60% effective - not the 80-90% that we are all being told.

The waning effectiveness may be a factor in this calculation, maybe a large factor. But what you have dug up also deepens the misinformation being spread. First it was 2 shots with no boosters, now it is 3 shots - and your reference would suggest they've known it was 3 shots all along; what else do they know?

Great post. More to the point, it has been proven that the vaccinated people are equally as infectious as unvaccinated people (not what we were originally told) and the entire reason we should not act "normally" and do things like where mask was supposed to be because we could be carriers without realizing and infect someone who could die. Now the vaccinated people believe they are on some kind of moral high ground, when they would still be trying to not spread the disease if they were truly being moral.

Truly great post. You summarized a lot of what I have been trying to say, in a concise/better way than I have been able to in the last 6 months haha.
the Pfizer fact sheet used to be here but the FDA moved or removed it. the way back machine only shows the first page. feel free to try to find it, but this was 2019 data showing u needed 3 shots and even then you might not be covered

I found part of the text I had pasted somewhere else:

A third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was administered
to 99 of these individuals approximately 2 months after they had received a second dose. Among the 59 patients
who had been seronegative before the third dose, 26 (44%) were seropositive at 4 weeks after the third dose.

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So get this! My hospital only has 2 inpatient floors (3rd and 4th floor), while the Emergency Department and OR are on the 1st floor. The Intensive Care Unit is a separate wing off the 4th floor. However, we currently have a section of the OR that has been converted into a make shift unit for post-op patients that is only intended for one night stays. There are also some other areas of the OR that were converted into ED overflow patient “rooms.”

Anyway, all of these areas except for the Emergency Department are currently deemed to be outbreak status. We have gone through this before since August or September which has basically just alternated between 3rd and 4th floor. They basically test every employee who even walked through the halls two times a week, until they go through a certain amount of time without finding any positive employees. Meanwhile, you can’t enter these areas without an N95.

Here are just a few of the ridiculous aspects of this:

-They only have enough staff to open the testing for 3 days a week for 4 hrs. If you happen to be off, you are expected to drive in and take your test to fulfill your 2 test requirement. Obviously I don’t- nor does anyone else. I have only averaged 1 test per week.

-If the the short stay post-op unit is in outbreak status, why are they still having these patients come in for elective surgeries, and do they tell them beforehand? And get this! 90% of them are gastric bypass surgery patients who are obviously extremely high risk!

-The one unit where staff is not required to wear an N95 at all times or be tested twice per week is the Emergency Department. It doesn’t take a genius to determine that this unit poses the highest risk of being in contact with unidentified positive people.

-I could be infected with COVID from a contact outside the hospital at any time regardless

-Patient visitors could also bring infection into the hospital at any time, and are not required to wear N95 masks in these units. However, I believe this recently changed because I saw an email stating that patient visitors will no longer be allowed in the hospital…period.

It’s enough to make you want to bang your head on a slab of marble 🙄

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well the reality is that there is both a shortage of rooms and staff. My hospital continues to convert random areas of the hospital into inpatient rooms while clinical staff coverage for those extra patients is of secondary concern. Hospital administration will stretch us to our absolute limit and then push us even harder. Attempts to transfer critical patients to larger facilities for special procedures usually results in denial due to lack of beds.

While the loss of staff due to the vaccine mandate didn’t help matters, the bigger picture is that most of our losses have come from people leaving the profession due to the extreme demands and lack of compensation or support from our employers. Even physicians that do make a generous salary are calling it quits, and people will continue to leave as long as these toxic working conditions continue. Needless to say, it isn’t a safe environment for patients either.
i repeat, i don't why biden doesn't re-instate the use of national guard in much the same manner as trump did?

M*A*S*H --Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i repeat, i don't why biden doesn't re-instate the use of national guard in much the same manner as trump did?

M*A*S*H --Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.
Something like that would surely be helpful. Every state should have at least one COVID hospital so that other hospitals can function in a more normal fashion without all the PPE etc. Those people who work in COVID hospitals could be in more appropriate protection (PAPR hoods) and be paid accordingly.

Taking off/on PPE countless times per day is not only a waste of PPE, but it takes a great deal of time when you add all that up. Not to mention it’s a f*cking pain the ass and adds a significant amount of frustration to our workload. Employees would be much happier with these scenarios and would likely stop leaving. We could possibly even gain some!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Something like that would surely be helpful. Every state should have at least one COVID hospital so that other hospitals can function in a more normal fashion without all the PPE etc. Those people who work in COVID hospitals could be in more appropriate protection (PAPR hoods) and be paid accordingly.

Taking off/on PPE countless times per day is not only a waste of PPE, but it takes a great deal of time when you add all that up. Not to mention it’s a f*cking pain the ass and adds a significant amount of frustration to our workload. Employees would be much happier with these scenarios and would likely stop leaving. We couldi possibly even gain some!
i promised myself i was done talking politics for today....but i have to say it:

if trump did it why isn't biden doing it?ok. i'm done politiking for today :)

btw-hope you had a great THANKSGIVING @Ricky10

and to all the rest of my family here at anabolicminds-HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So this is all over the news:

Australia investigates new COVID-19 variant found in South Africa

South African scientists are concerned the new variant could evade the body's immune response and make it more transmissible as it has a "very unusual constellation" of mutations.

Anyone else just feel like throwing in the towel and ending the suffering? I do..
Delta variant was a pretty drastic change, but now I'm seeing variant information that just documents a change in structure. look at the variant name. we know nothing but hey freak out. I think covid mutations happen on a very rapid scale, but some mutations could actually make the virus weaker. this is one theory on why Japan has such low cases now. some people think it's due to poor mutation