Wife Has COVID-19

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So we are down to ~ 13 people admitted with the China virus as of today, and at least half are still vaccinated or partially vaccinated. I had exact numbers but a coworker of mine tossed out my paper I had written it on by mistake, and I didn’t have time to look it all up again.

Anyway, I must say that I definitely noticed the vaccinated population is indeed having easier hospital admissions that are requiring considerably less oxygen. Also, I checked out their CXRs, and the majority of them are clear- as in no COVID pneumonia. The only vaccinated dude that does have lung infiltrates is one of our current ventilated patients and is 90 years old. He is not requiring a great deal of support/oxygen and is expected to survive.

Meanwhile, the unvaccinated positive patients all have bilateral pneumonia and are on 55% or greater Hi-Flow oxygen. So while there are more vaccinated people being admitted than we are led to believe, it has been rather true that they tend to do much better.

One of my unvaccinated patients who is in his 60’s and not obese, had an interesting comment for me today while I was adjusting his Hi-Flow oxygen which he has been on for 3-4 days. He said, “The docs are telling me this COVID stuff is pretty bad.” I’m thinking to myself really, you seriously had no idea of that potential before it happened to you? I just told him,“Yes, it certainly can be but you have been stable thus far and you have to think positive!” He’s a little bit off mentally, but he’s a really nice guy who isn’t a PIA.

Meanwhile, our other extremely nice unvaccinated patient that I had previously mentioned is actually improving. He is down to 65% oxygen along with a very reasonable amount of pressure to help keep him oxygenated while on the ventilator. It’s taking a great deal of work though because we are proning him which requires frequent repositioning/monitoring/testing and we have had to call in extra staff every night as a result. It’s truly amazing when you consider all the effort and resources that can be invested in saving just one life. We didn’t expect him to rally, but now things are looking much more promising for him. He was/is so well liked that if he does pull through, I’m sure we are all going to celebrate this victory more than anyone else prior.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So we are down to ~ 13 people admitted with the China virus as of today, and AT LEAST HALF are still vaccinated or partially vaccinated. I had exact numbers but a coworker of mine tossed out my paper I had written it on by mistake, and I didn’t have time to look it all up again.

Anyway, I must say that I definitely noticed the vaccinated population is indeed having easier hospital admissions that are requiring considerably less oxygen. Also, I checked out their CXRs, and the majority of them are clear- as in no COVID pneumonia. The only vaccinated dude that does have lung infiltrates is one of our current ventilated patients and is 90 years old. He is not requiring a great deal of support/oxygen and is expected to survive.

Meanwhile, the unvaccinated positive patients all have bilateral pneumonia and are on 55% or greater Hi-Flow oxygen. So while there are more vaccinated people being admitted than we are led to believe, it has been rather true that they tend to do much better.

One of my unvaccinated patients who is in his 60’s and not obese, had an interesting comment for me today while I was adjusting his Hi-Flow oxygen which he has been on for 3-4 days. He said, “The docs are telling me this COVID stuff is pretty bad.” I’m thinking to myself really, you seriously had no idea of that potential before it happened to you? I just told him,“Yes, it certainly can be but you have been stable thus far and you have to think positive!” He’s a little bit off mentally, but he’s a really nice guy who isn’t a PIA.

Meanwhile, our other extremely nice unvaccinated patient that I had previously mentioned is actually improving. He is down to 65% oxygen along with a very reasonable amount of pressure to help keep him oxygenated while on the ventilator. It’s taking a great deal of work though because we are proning him which requires frequent repositioning/monitoring/testing and we have had to call in extra staff every night as a result. It’s truly amazing when you consider all the effort and resources that can be invested in saving just one life. We didn’t expect him to rally, but now things are looking much more promising for him. He was/is so well liked that if he does pull through, I’m sure we are all going to celebrate this victory more than anyone else prior.
indiana state health officials said today that 98% of hopitalizations for covid was unvaccinated????

i wish we had someone like you here to tell us the TRUTH....i have lost almost ALL trust in what the government says.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Ricky10 i shyt you not---google it.

lying assed indiana state dept of health said 98% of covid hospitalizations statewide are unvaccinated---and then the dumbasses wonder why people don't trust the government!!!

at least the maine CDC people are more honest and say that 65-70% of covid hospitalizations are not fully vaccinated

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
indiana state health officials said today that 98% of hopitalizations for covid was unvaccinated????

i wish we had someone like you here to tell us the TRUTH....i have lost almost ALL trust in what the government says.
I just had to look this up, but our state CDC director reported 2 days ago that more than 90 percent of all ICU patients in Maine were unvaccinated and 65 to 75 percent of all hospitalizations involve people who were not fully vaccinated.

Of course I can only speak for my own hospital experience, but at least this seems to be more in line to being somewhat close to reality. Seems all we have been hearing in the news nationwide is that only 2-4% of hospitalizations were vaccinated people throughout Delta, which hasn’t been true since late spring in my hospital- which of course was pre Delta.

I find it very hard to believe that any state is legitimately still experiencing only 2-4 percent of COVID hospitalizations being the vaccinated population. There is just no way..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just had to look this up, but our state CDC director reported 2 days ago that more than 90 percent of all ICU patients in Maine were unvaccinated and 65 to 75 percent of all hospitalizations involve people who were not fully vaccinated.

Of course I can only speak for my own hospital experience, but at least this seems to be more in line to being somewhat close to reality. Seems all we have been hearing in the news nationwide is that only 2-4% of hospitalizations were vaccinated people throughout Delta, which hasn’t been true since late spring in my hospital- which of course was pre Delta.

I find it very hard to believe that any state is legitimately still experiencing only 2-4 percent of COVID hospitalizations being the vaccinated population. There is just no way..
i agree 100%...i have very little doubt that the indiana dept of health is lying to us!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i agree 100%...i have very little doubt that the indiana dept of health is lying to us!!!
Not only that, but we are breaking records in our state every day since Sunday for China virus hospitalizations, which are above that of the surge last winter.

Didn’t O’Biden promise to make the situation with the virus better, not worse?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not only that, but we are breaking records in our state every day since Sunday for China virus hospitalizations, which are above that of the surge last winter.

Didn’t O’Biden promise to make the situation with the virus better, not worse?
i saw where his approval rating dropped to 43%, a drop of 6 points in one month....it amazes me that there are 43% who approve of what he has done the last 8 months-geez!!!

biden has a lot of blood on his hands-already!!!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm furious. The military mandated the "FDA approved" vaccine for them and should be completed by December. My wife will have to get it unless we can find a loophole. Our leaders are cowards following Biden's whims.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm furious. The military mandated the "FDA approved" vaccine for them and should be completed by December. My wife will have to get it unless we can find a loophole. Our leaders are cowards following Biden's whims.
Expose the entire US military to something without any longterm data possibly available…seems well thought-out.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Expose the entire US military to something without any longterm data possibly available…seems well thought-out.
It's so stupid, it HAS to be a conspiracy. I don't typically wear a tin foil hat but I have on occasion. I just don't believe our government is that stupid and I don't see any other option.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's so stupid, it HAS to be a conspiracy. I don't typically wear a tin foil hat but I have on occasion. I just don't believe our government is that stupid and I don't see any other option.
What a coincidence…..I just spoke to a guy in my gym about two hours ago that I’ve never spoke to. He saiid he thinks the pushing of the vaccine is population control. It damn sure is something else other than what they say it is.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What a coincidence…..I just spoke to a guy in my gym about two hours ago that I’ve never spoke to. He saiid he thinks the pushing of the vaccine is population control. It damn sure is something else other than what they say it is.
Let’s not downgrade the actual shocking reality within this statement with a dangling carrot. How and why did you speak to a stranger in the gym if you didn’t have to? This is territory I have never wanted to venture toward…

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let’s not downgrade the actual shocking reality within this statement with a dangling carrot. How and why did you speak to a stranger in the gym if you didn’t have to? This is territory I have never wanted to venture toward…
Hahaha….let me explain further. He’s a regular at my gym. I’ve never said anything to him other than a nod and what’s up type ****. He just happened to have stopped and spoke to me as I was leaving. I should be more social I guess, but I hate getting into long conversations when I’m working out. I like to walk in, put my ear buds in, and hammer out my workout with no interruptions. No different than anyone else, I guess!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha….let me explain further. He’s a regular at my gym. I’ve never said anything to him other than a nod and what’s up type ****. He just happened to have stopped and spoke to me as I was leaving. I should be more social I guess, but I hate getting into long conversations when I’m working out. I like to walk in, put my ear buds in, and hammer out my workout with no interruptions. No different than anyone else, I guess!
i love the solitude [and convenience] of my basement gym-plus my stereo sounds fantastic-still have my original bose 901 speakers!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I wish I had an in-home gym!
c'mon man-it's those original 901 bose speakers you really wish you had, lol. ;)

seriously almost all my equipment i bought at yard sales and auctions---yard sales are great for buying 'gently' used iron, benches and stuff at great prices...and i found a few gyms over the years that were going out of business and auctioning off all their stuff...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Crowder did a segment on NAC conspiracy today

Was looking up the recommended shelf-life for glutathione yesterday and happened upon this.

Interesting proposition: the folks who do poorly with COVID tend to have low vitamin D levels, which is actually correlated with deficient glutathione levels, which promotes down-regulation of vitamin d receptors, binding protein, and relevant enzymes. Men do worse with COVID, and they have lower glutathione levels than women, and in general the elderly, diabetic, and those with cardiovascular disease also have deficient amounts (the highest risk populations for severe COVID).

Now I was taking my usual daily 1,200mg of NAC (orally promotes glutathione levels) when I got COVID, and it wasn’t a fun time, so I’ll be the first to tell you NAC doesn’t prevent or cure COVID - but I can’t for the life of me figure out why the government would want to restrict folks from buying NAC otc.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Was looking up the recommended shelf-life for glutathione yesterday and happened upon this.

Interesting proposition: the folks who do poorly with COVID tend to have low vitamin D levels, which is actually correlated with deficient glutathione levels, which promotes down-regulation of vitamin d receptors, binding protein, and relevant enzymes. Men do worse with COVID, and they have lower glutathione levels than women, and in general the elderly, diabetic, and those with cardiovascular disease also have deficient amounts (the highest risk populations for severe COVID).

Now I was taking my usual daily 1,200mg of NAC (orally promotes glutathione levels) when I got COVID, and it wasn’t a fun time, so I’ll be the first to tell you NAC doesn’t prevent or cure COVID - but I can’t for the life of me figure out why the government would want to restrict folks from buying NAC otc.
I’ve been wondering this also. The conspiracy circles are saying it’s very good at detoxing graphene oxide.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
c'mon man-it's those original 901 bose speakers you really wish you had, lol. ;)

seriously almost all my equipment i bought at yard sales and auctions---yard sales are great for buying 'gently' used iron, benches and stuff at great prices...and i found a few gyms over the years that were going out of business and auctioning off all their stuff...
You caught on fast man! You can never go wrong with Bose!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i'm from the government and i'm here to help:unsure:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Well, whey increases or supports glutathione production, as well. A lot of us here are probably taking whey.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I completely understand. It happens to the best of us despite taking all necessary precautions. I don’t mean to frighten you but at this point the social barometer has been raised. To evade any persistent future awkwardness, not only would I suggest that you never remove the ear buds, but you should also be wearing sunglasses at all times until this predator has moved on.

Yup, the timing of the FDA putting NAC on the warning list was shady AF period

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe missed but here is what I have to add. ER doctor in South Florida said currently majority of covid in hospitals is vaccinated people.
Conspiracy theory on board with is they never thought it would be so hard to vaccinate everyone so the mandates and money to vaccinate is to get rid of the control group. There should always be a control group to compare side effects down the road.
Last thing we may end up supporting BLM as they are agaisnt vaccine mandates. Calling out the New York BS, see if the news continues to support them with coverage. Something tells me no they won't put them on the front page for those thoughts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe missed but here is what I have to add. ER doctor in South Florida said currently majority of covid in hospitals is vaccinated people.
Conspiracy theory on board with is they never thought it would be so hard to vaccinate everyone so the mandates and money to vaccinate is to get rid of the control group. There should always be a control group to compare side effects down the road.
Last thing we may end up supporting BLM as they are agaisnt vaccine mandates. Calling out the New York BS, see if the news continues to support them with coverage. Something tells me no they won't put them on the front page for those thoughts.
this puts democrat politicians in a place i feel they deserve to be in...damned if they do, damned if they don't!!!

there is no way in hell that democrats get re-elected without BLM :love:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
this puts democrat politicians in a place i feel they deserve to be in...damned if they do, damned if they don't!!!

there is no way in hell that democrats get re-elected without BLM :love:
Let's hope that is the direction. Add in a 9-6 vote for booster shots, forced a week later after voted against it. Hope America wakes up already.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let's hope that is the direction. Add in a 9-6 vote for booster shots, forced a week later after voted against it. Hope America wakes up already.
it's too late....i think America is in a coma.

geez, we have a guy with clearly diminished mental capacity sitting in a highchair with a bib on in the oval office!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was really afraid that my new job would require us to get the jab, since we work with the government. Lol, nobody cares. We don’t wear masks, we shake hands, chit chat, and do not talk about Covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was really afraid that my new job would require us to get the jab, since we work with the government. Lol, nobody cares. We don’t wear masks, we shake hands, chit chat, and do not talk about Covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️
this is great news, if you change your mind and choose to get the jab i will support this choice...but it should be 'YOUR CHOICE'.

congrats on landing a job that allows you to have a choice!!! :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this is great news, if you change your mind and choose to get the jab i will support this choice...but it should be 'YOUR CHOICE'.

congrats on landing a job that allows you to have a choice!!! :)
Thanks, Big!!! I won’t get the jab.

Did you see Megan Rapinoe and 500 women freaking out about the Mississippi abortion law? Hey, do whatever you want but their reasonings are…. Pretty sick to me.

IMG_3904.JPG

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So how about not being negligent and don't get pregnant? And if you have a mistake, take the morning after pill? I mean yeah plenty of legit reasons to require an abortion, but using it as contraception is what that sounds like, and that's bullshit.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I completely understand. It happens to the best of us despite taking all necessary precautions. I don’t mean to frighten you but at this point the social barometer has been raised. To evade any persistent future awkwardness, not only would I suggest that you never remove the ear buds, but you should also be wearing sunglasses at all times until this predator has moved on.

Yup, the timing of the FDA putting NAC on the warning list was shady AF period
Please don’t tell me I’ve fallen prey to someone like this! How could I be caught off guard? I thought I had taken all the necessary precautions. Should I change gyms?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Please don’t tell me I’ve fallen prey to someone like this! How could I be caught off guard? I thought I had taken all the necessary precautions. Should I change gyms?
It’s not worth changing gyms, as you will be at risk for new exposures or worse! We have all learned that even when taking the routine recommended measures, there will still be breakthrough cases of people striking up conversations despite conditions that otherwise feel safe.

I would recommend adopting proactive yet conservative actions at this time. When you notice that you are within the social space of this individual, play with your digital music device, bend over and tie your shoes, or act like you are having a hard time shifting your balls. Anything that relieves you from any obligation of eye contact, while also looking so focused on other things that he will assume you never saw him in the first place.

After possibly two or three sessions of proactive avoidance, you can go back to the head nods and “what’s up” relationship you had prior to the unfortunate derailment. It takes some effort, but it works every time!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s not worth changing gyms, as you will be at risk for new exposures or worse! We have all learned that even when taking the routine recommended measures, there will still be breakthrough cases of people striking up conversations despite conditions that otherwise feel safe.

I would recommend adopting proactive yet conservative actions at this time. When you notice that you are within the social space of this individual, play with your digital music device, bend over and tie your shoes, or act like you are having a hard time shifting your balls. Anything that relieves you from any obligation of eye contact, while also looking so focused on other things that he will assume you never saw him in the first place.

After possibly two or three sessions of proactive avoidance, you can go back to the head nods and “what’s up” relationship you had prior to the unfortunate derailment. It takes some effort, but it works every time!
You da man @Ricky10!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure if brought up yet but UK predicts 10,000 unnecessary cancer deaths due to lack of in person treatment. Another side effect of lock downs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, Big!!! I won’t get the jab.

Did you see Megan Rapinoe and 500 women freaking out about the Mississippi abortion law? Hey, do whatever you want but their reasonings are…. Pretty sick to me.

View attachment 208673
i wonder where megan rapapoe and those 500 women stand on a womans CHOICE to get vaccinated?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if brought up yet but UK predicts 10,000 unnecessary cancer deaths due to lack of in person treatment. Another side effect of lock downs.
why are they cancelling in person treatment, aren't all medical personnel vaccinated?

are they admitting that vaccinations are :poop:?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
why are they cancelling in person treatment, aren't all medical personnel vaccinated?

are they admitting that vaccinations are :poop:?
The thing that pisses me off is I do not think our “leaders” are too stupid to consider ramifications from lockdowns. There should have been some real serious debate and game planning. Instead the media gets everyone afraid and politicians have an easier time combatting the obvious while neglecting the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc consequences.

Crazy times we live in BigT

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The thing that pisses me off is I do not think our “leaders” are too stupid to consider ramifications from lockdowns. There should have been some real serious debate and game planning. Instead the media gets everyone afraid and politicians have an easier time combatting the obvious while neglecting the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc consequences.

in my 63 years i've never seen anything like this...as if the covid weren't bad enough biden has the cops and border patrol ready to walk off , and then we have the anti-America crap being taught in the schools...without defensible borders you really don't have a country.

Crazy indeed rob!!!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Intricately planned!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My friend said that on dating sites, you can show people that you’ve been vaccinated… 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ such madness… 🤣🤣🤣

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't want to derail this awesome thread but Bose 901's were good back in the day. Their 1980's technology has been passed by.....There are literally dozens of speaker manufacturers with more engaging speakers these days and this is coming from someone who owned and enjoyed a pair of them for years! Bose would be way down the list of speakers to buy in today's market but the old 901's were good for what they were!

Take a look at: (Tekton Design, KEF, Paradigm, RBH, Totem, Vandersteen, ELAC, SVS, Q Acoustics)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tens of thousands of unvaccinated healthcare workers are set to be fired on monday when vaccine mandates kick in---but NYs gov has a answer--she is preparing to clear the way for healthcare workers not licensed in NY, healthcare workers from other countries, recent graduates and retirees to practice in NY.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My friend said that on dating sites, you can show people that you’ve been vaccinated… 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ such madness… 🤣🤣🤣
There must be lots of sex on the first date these days. You aren’t guaranteed a timely second date as one party may end up in self quarantine. It’s a great excuse to get dirty while you can!
tens of thousands of unvaccinated healthcare workers are set to be fired on monday when vaccine mandates kick in---but NYs gov has a answer--she is preparing to clear the way for healthcare workers not licensed in NY, healthcare workers from other countries, recent graduates and retirees to practice in NY.
Just what they need are new people to orient to the hospitals which adds more work for staff. All while being understaffed for the surging numbers of not just China virus patients. Not to mention the lack of experience or recent experience from new grads and those that are retired. Most recent healthcare retirees did so because of the China virus, they aren’t about to go back. Those that retired before the virus would be foolish to torture themselves and wouldn’t last very long IMO.