Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a osha practitioner says the bidens admins claim that masks are a effective protection against catching the virus might work against them and their mandate for covid vaccines if it goes to the supreme court.

'some of the statements we've heard from the administration is that masks work. well, if masks work, is a vaccine and testing really necessary'?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
a osha practitioner says the bidens admins claim that masks are a effective protection against catching the virus might work against them and their mandate for covid vaccines if it goes to the supreme court.

'some of the statements we've heard from the administration is that masks work. well, if masks work, is a vaccine and testing really necessary'?
Mandate the vaccine for who?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mandate the vaccine for who?
you do know what OSHA stands for, right?

'surgeon general defends legality of biden vaccine mandate'

i suggest you read the article for yourself---

Last edited:

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Depends on where you live (urban or rural). One thing is for certain: The Pfizer vaccine is better than getting actual covid, which is a strong possibility for both her and the baby. Yes, the covid spike proteins formed by the vaccine have some minute potential to cause injury, but the same spike proteins are present in 100s of times the potency in the event of an actual infection, on top of the infection itself.

A decision not to vax is very hard to justify with a disease this contagious. My aunt and uncle decided not to vax. My uncle died because of it. Suffocated in front of us while on 100% oxygen. He died half from Covid and half from anti-vax hysteria.

There's no reason for the paranoia over such a simple mechanism: the strip of rna that encodes the spike protein encased in a chemical shell - the rna is eliminated as soon as it is used, and the single batch of spike proteins that result are cleared in 2 days.
The decision not to vax is very EASY to justify............... you don't have a clue about any long term effects........... I had Covid and don't need the vaccine.....end of story......take your you may die somewhere else...... I could get stuck by lightning tomorrow unless I cowered in fear and stayed inside with my mask on.......if you want the jab then feel free to get it

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
People assume that we are all for "us" or "them".
... And that's just not true.
I'm for all people. I want the best for everyone. ... And I definitely don't know all of the answers. But none of us do.
That's why I think it is wrong to try and force others to take a possibly harmful vaccine, when we really have very little facts, much less a strong grasp on the whole picture.

How sad would I feel if I pressured someone to take a vaccine, and they died as a result of it.

Also... How sad would I be if I pressured someone Not to take a vaccine, and they died as a result.

The answer is .... Equally Sad.
Wow, you mean - you look at something from more than just one angle? How is that even possible. Mind blown :)

You nailed it in fewer words than I can. I think the answer, as it is for most things, is to educate people and RAISE THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR - then let people live their lives and make their own decisions.

My boss forced her husband to get the vaccine or they were going to get a divorce. 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 208366
Seems like whether I wanted to get the vaccine or not, it wouldn't be the only decision I'd be making.

the same people who are pro-choice with abortion are just fine with mandating vaccines...isn't it ironic?
I was thinking this. I'm not sure what happened to "my body, my rights"? Guess you can make any decision you like, as long as it's theirs.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The decision not to vax is very EASY to justify............... you don't have a clue about any long term effects........... I had Covid and don't need the vaccine.....end of story......take your you may die somewhere else...... I could get stuck by lightning tomorrow unless I cowered in fear and stayed inside with my mask on.......if you want the jab then feel free to get it
Had lunch with my ex mother in law tonight, she wore a mask (still foxy at 65)
I told her COVID won't kill you unless you believe it will. Don't live in fear.

That's how I feel about it. Nobody will change my mind.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
jorelldye-

And where are the studies that show any benefit of taking the jab after you're recovered from Covid? That whole topic seems to be skipped over by the media, medical community, etc. I "outlived" the Covid risk.. so why should I induce risk by getting the vaccine?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
“Conclusion:
The mass vaccination hype will undoubtedly enter history as the most reckless experiment in the history of medicine. It will be cited as the unequivocal proof of how overuse or misuse of man-made antimicrobials leads to antimicrobial resistance, regardless of whether the antimicrobial is an antibiotic or an antibody administered through passive immunization or elicited via active immunization. Mass vaccination campaigns conducted in the middle of a viral pandemic will, for generations to come, become the most sobering example of the boundaries of human intervention in nature in general and of the boundaries of conventional vaccinology in particular. This irrational experiment will unambiguously highlight the clear-cut limitations of conventional vaccine approaches. It will convincingly illustrate that – unlike natural acute self-limiting infection or disease – ‘modern’ technologies alone do not suffice to develop vaccines that are capable of preventing viral transmission or immune escape. For that matter, even ‘modern’ vaccines will not allow conventional B or T cell-directed antigens to generate herd immunity when massively administered in the heat of a pandemic of a highly mutable virus. Because of the disastrous consequences the current mass vaccination campaign will entail, I cannot imagine that the word ‘vaccine’ will continue to persist in the medical vade-mecum. In order to highlight the short-comings of all vaccines eliciting conventional B- or T cell-centered immune responses I propose to coin a new term for these vaccines and refer to them as ‘conditionally immune protection-inducing formulations’ (CIPIFs).”

Fascinating read with some good advice for both vaxxed and unvaxxed. I’m wondering if Covid will just slowly and drastically reduce the population over the coming years as it grows stronger and more deadly due to the vaccines?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just listened to another brick in the wall.....it reminded me of bidens vaccine mandates---you can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat...government control and indoctrination.

btw-i love the floyd-but don't ask me which one is pink.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Perhaps……???….how about prove that it does something beneficial to me! I don’t know one person who has had Covid twice…and I know dozens of people that had it over a year ago….how many deaths were there from people getting Covid a second time? I’d guess very few

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ioannidis wrote an incendiary op-ed a few days ago, which, oddly enough, was only published in the niche Tablet mag, not the NYT.

The crisis caused by the lethal COVID-19 pandemic and by the responses to the crisis have made billions of people worldwide acutely interested and overexcited about science. Decisions pronounced in the name of science have become arbitrators of life, death, and fundamental freedoms. Everything that mattered was affected by science, by scientists interpreting science, and by those who impose measures based on their interpretations of science in the context of political warfare.

-----

The pandemic led seemingly overnight to a scary new form of scientific universalism. Everyone did COVID-19 science or commented on it. By August 2021, 330,000 scientific papers were published on COVID-19, involving roughly a million different authors. An analysis showed that scientists from every single one of the 174 disciplines that comprise what we know as science has published on COVID-19. By the end of 2020, only automobile engineering didn’t have scientists publishing on COVID-19. By early 2021, the automobile engineers had their say, too.

-----

Many people without subject-matter technical expertise became experts overnight, emphatically saving the world. As these spurious experts multiplied, evidence-based approaches—like randomized trials and collection of more accurate, unbiased data—were frequently dismissed as inappropriate, too slow, and harmful. The disdain for reliable study designs was even celebrated.

-----

Yet during the pandemic, requesting better evidence on effectiveness and adverse events was often considered anathema. This dismissive, authoritarian approach “in defense of science” may sadly have enhanced vaccine hesitancy and the anti-vax movement, wasting a unique opportunity that was created by the fantastic rapid development of COVID-19 vaccines.

-----

Consultants who made millions of dollars from corporate and government consultation were given prestigious positions, power, and public praise, while unconflicted scientists who worked pro bono but dared to question dominant narratives were smeared as being conflicted. Organized skepticism was seen as a threat to public health. There was a clash between two schools of thought, authoritarian public health versus science—and science lost.

-----

Honest, continuous questioning and exploration of alternative paths are indispensable for good science. In the authoritarian (as opposed to participatory) version of public health, these activities were seen as treason and desertion. The dominant narrative became that “we are at war.” When at war, everyone has to follow orders. If a platoon is ordered to go right and some soldiers explore maneuvering to the left, they are shot as deserters. Scientific skepticism had to be shot, no questions asked. The orders were clear.

-----

Who gave these orders? Who decided that his or her opinion, expertise, and conflicts should be in charge? It was not a single person, not a crazy general or a despicable politician or a dictator, even if political interference in science did happen—massively so. It was all of us, a conglomerate that has no name and no face: a mesh and mess of half-cooked evidence; frenzied and partisan media promoting parachute journalism and pack coverage; the proliferation of pseudonymous and eponymous social media personas which led even serious scientists to become unrestrained, wild-beast avatars of themselves, spitting massive quantities of inanity and nonsense; poorly regulated industry and technology companies flexing their brain and marketing power; and common people afflicted by the protracted crisis. All swim in a mixture of some good intentions, some excellent thinking, and some splendid scientific successes, but also of conflicts, political polarization, fear, panic, hatred, divisiveness, fake news, censorship, inequalities, racism, and chronic and acute societal dysfunction.

-----

But “we are at war” led to a step beyond: This is a dirty war, one without dignity. Opponents were threatened, abused, and bullied by cancel culture campaigns in social media, hit stories in mainstream media, and bestsellers written by zealots. Statements were distorted, turned into straw men, and ridiculed. Wikipedia pages were vandalized. Reputations were systematically devastated and destroyed. Many brilliant scientists were abused and received threats during the pandemic, intended to make them and their families miserable.

-----

Politics dressed up as public health not only injured science. It also shot down participatory public health where people are empowered, rather than obligated and humiliated.

-----

There was absolutely no conspiracy or preplanning behind this hypercharged evolution. Simply, in times of crisis, the powerful thrive and the weak become more disadvantaged. Amid pandemic confusion, the powerful and the conflicted became more powerful and more conflicted, while millions of disadvantaged people have died and billions suffered.

I worry that science and its norms have shared the fate of the disadvantaged. It is a pity, because science can still help everyone. Science remains the best thing that can happen to humans, provided it can be both tolerant and tolerated.
How the Pandemic Is Changing the Norms of Science - Tablet Magazine

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps……???….how about prove that it does something beneficial to me! I don’t know one person who has had Covid twice…and I know dozens of people that had it over a year ago….how many deaths were there from people getting Covid a second time? I’d guess very few
my wife and i tested positive in february--since then we have both been exposed to several people who tested positive.

for both my wife and i covid was no more than a mild cold for a few days-very mild symptoms after being told that covid was very dangerous for people like us in our 60s--not for us!!!

whatever threat there might have been from covid is over as far as we are concerned--biden can shove his mandates up his wannabe dictator arse--JOE CHI MINH

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for years i have heard democrats/liberals chant 'My Body, My Choice'

i guess that argument is no longer valid-eh?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SHOCK VIDEO: Senior doctors and a marketing director at in North Carolina discussed inflating COVID-19 numbers by counting recovered patients as active COVID patients. "We need to be... more scary to the public... If you don't get vaccinated, you know you're going to die."

Remember that? Well apparently the authoritarianism is the epidemic:

Dr. Eli David on Twitter: "Israeli Ministry of Health recorded saying "There is no medical or epidemiological justification for the Covid passport ("green pass"), it is only intended to pressure the unvaccinated to vaccinate." https://t.co/MQnetZZ2Nj" / Twitter

Now, about those hospital numbers, overwhelmed and all that. Nope, as I've been saying: it's bullshit.

COVID Hospitalization Numbers Can Be Misleading - The Atlantic

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning
A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

At least 12,000 Americans have already died from COVID-19 this month, as the country inches through its latest surge in cases. But another worrying statistic is often cited to depict the dangers of this moment: The number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the United States right now is as high as it has been since the beginning of February. It’s even worse in certain places: Some states, including Arkansas and Oregon, recently saw their COVID hospitalizations rise to higher levels than at any prior stage of the pandemic. But how much do those latter figures really tell us?

From the start, COVID hospitalizations have served as a vital metric for tracking the risks posed by the disease. Last winter, this magazine described it as “the most reliable pandemic number,” while Vox quoted the cardiologist Eric Topol as saying that it’s “the best indicator of where we are.” On the one hand, death counts offer finality, but they’re a lagging signal and don’t account for people who suffered from significant illness but survived. Case counts, on the other hand, depend on which and how many people happen to get tested. Presumably, hospitalization numbers provide a more stable and reliable gauge of the pandemic’s true toll, in terms of severe disease. But a new, nationwide study of hospitalization records, released as a preprint today (and not yet formally peer reviewed), suggests that the meaning of this gauge can easily be misinterpreted—and that it has been shifting over time.

If you want to make sense of the number of COVID hospitalizations at any given time, you need to know how sick each patient actually is. Until now, that’s been almost impossible to suss out. The federal government requires hospitals to report every patient who tests positive for COVID, yet the overall tallies of COVID hospitalizations, made available on various state and federal dashboards and widely reported on by the media, do not differentiate based on severity of illness. Some patients need extensive medical intervention, such as getting intubated. Others require supplemental oxygen or administration of the steroid dexamethasone. But there are many COVID patients in the hospital with fairly mild symptoms, too, who have been admitted for further observation on account of their comorbidities, or because they reported feeling short of breath. Another portion of the patients in this tally are in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission. How many patients fall into each category has been a topic of much speculation. In August, researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System decided to find out.

Researchers have tried to get at similar questions before. For two separate studies published in May, doctors in California read through several hundred charts of pediatric patients, one by one, to figure out why, exactly, each COVID-positive child had been admitted to the hospital. Did they need treatment for COVID, or was there some other reason for admission, like cancer treatment or a psychiatric episode, and the COVID diagnosis was merely incidental? According to the researchers, 40 to 45 percent of the hospitalizations that they examined were for patients in the latter group.

The authors of the paper out this week took a different tack to answer a similar question, this time for adults. Instead of meticulously looking at why a few hundred patients were admitted to a pair of hospitals, they analyzed the electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions at the more than 100 VA hospitals across the country. Then they checked to see whether each patient required supplemental oxygen or had a blood oxygen level below 94 percent. (The latter criterion is based on the National Institutes of Health definition of “severe COVID.”) If either of these conditions was met, the authors classified that patient as having moderate to severe disease; otherwise, the case was considered mild or asymptomatic.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

This increase was even bigger for vaccinated hospital patients, of whom 57 percent had mild or asymptomatic disease. But unvaccinated patients have also been showing up with less severe symptoms, on average, than earlier in the pandemic: The study found that 45 percent of their cases were mild or asymptomatic since January 21. According to Shira Doron, an infectious-disease physician and hospital epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center, in Boston, and one of the study’s co-authors, the latter finding may be explained by the fact that unvaccinated patients in the vaccine era tend to be a younger cohort who are less vulnerable to COVID and may be more likely to have been infected in the past.

The idea behind the study and what it investigates is important, says Graham Snyder, the medical director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, though he told me that it would benefit from a little more detail and nuance beyond oxygenation status. But Daniel Griffin, an infectious-disease specialist at Columbia University, told me that using other metrics for severity of illness, such as intensive-care admissions, presents different limitations. For one thing, different hospitals use different criteria for admitting patients to the ICU.

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’” He explained that some COVID patients are in for “soft” hospitalizations, where they need only minimal treatment and leave relatively quickly; others may be on the antiviral drug remdesivir for five days, or with a tube down their throat. One of the values of this study, he said, is that it helps the public understand this distinction—and the fact that not all COVID hospitalizations are the same.

But the study also demonstrates that hospitalization rates for COVID, as cited by journalists and policy makers, can be misleading, if not considered carefully. Clearly many patients right now are seriously ill. We also know that overcrowding of hospitals by COVID patients with even mild illness can have negative implications for patients in need of other care. At the same time, this study suggests that COVID hospitalization tallies can’t be taken as a simple measure of the prevalence of severe or even moderate disease, because they might inflate the true numbers by a factor of two. “As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country,” Doron told me, referring to decisions about school closures, business restrictions, mask requirements, and so on, “we should refine the definition of hospitalization. Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”

Love the resdemivir drop they threw in there. why would someone in a hospital be on that ****, it doesn't work and makes you sterile amirite?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SHOCK VIDEO: Senior doctors and a marketing director at in North Carolina discussed inflating COVID-19 numbers by counting recovered patients as active COVID patients. "We need to be... more scary to the public... If you don't get vaccinated, you know you're going to die."

Remember that? Well apparently the authoritarianism is the epidemic:

Dr. Eli David on Twitter: "Israeli Ministry of Health recorded saying "There is no medical or epidemiological justification for the Covid passport ("green pass"), it is only intended to pressure the unvaccinated to vaccinate." https://t.co/MQnetZZ2Nj" / Twitter

Now, about those hospital numbers, overwhelmed and all that. Nope, as I've been saying: it's bullshit.

COVID Hospitalization Numbers Can Be Misleading - The Atlantic

Our Most Reliable Pandemic Number Is Losing Meaning
A new study suggests that almost half of those hospitalized with COVID-19 have mild or asymptomatic cases.

At least 12,000 Americans have already died from COVID-19 this month, as the country inches through its latest surge in cases. But another worrying statistic is often cited to depict the dangers of this moment: The number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the United States right now is as high as it has been since the beginning of February. It’s even worse in certain places: Some states, including Arkansas and Oregon, recently saw their COVID hospitalizations rise to higher levels than at any prior stage of the pandemic. But how much do those latter figures really tell us?

From the start, COVID hospitalizations have served as a vital metric for tracking the risks posed by the disease. Last winter, this magazine described it as “the most reliable pandemic number,” while Vox quoted the cardiologist Eric Topol as saying that it’s “the best indicator of where we are.” On the one hand, death counts offer finality, but they’re a lagging signal and don’t account for people who suffered from significant illness but survived. Case counts, on the other hand, depend on which and how many people happen to get tested. Presumably, hospitalization numbers provide a more stable and reliable gauge of the pandemic’s true toll, in terms of severe disease. But a new, nationwide study of hospitalization records, released as a preprint today (and not yet formally peer reviewed), suggests that the meaning of this gauge can easily be misinterpreted—and that it has been shifting over time.

If you want to make sense of the number of COVID hospitalizations at any given time, you need to know how sick each patient actually is. Until now, that’s been almost impossible to suss out. The federal government requires hospitals to report every patient who tests positive for COVID, yet the overall tallies of COVID hospitalizations, made available on various state and federal dashboards and widely reported on by the media, do not differentiate based on severity of illness. Some patients need extensive medical intervention, such as getting intubated. Others require supplemental oxygen or administration of the steroid dexamethasone. But there are many COVID patients in the hospital with fairly mild symptoms, too, who have been admitted for further observation on account of their comorbidities, or because they reported feeling short of breath. Another portion of the patients in this tally are in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission. How many patients fall into each category has been a topic of much speculation. In August, researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System decided to find out.

Researchers have tried to get at similar questions before. For two separate studies published in May, doctors in California read through several hundred charts of pediatric patients, one by one, to figure out why, exactly, each COVID-positive child had been admitted to the hospital. Did they need treatment for COVID, or was there some other reason for admission, like cancer treatment or a psychiatric episode, and the COVID diagnosis was merely incidental? According to the researchers, 40 to 45 percent of the hospitalizations that they examined were for patients in the latter group.

The authors of the paper out this week took a different tack to answer a similar question, this time for adults. Instead of meticulously looking at why a few hundred patients were admitted to a pair of hospitals, they analyzed the electronic records for nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions at the more than 100 VA hospitals across the country. Then they checked to see whether each patient required supplemental oxygen or had a blood oxygen level below 94 percent. (The latter criterion is based on the National Institutes of Health definition of “severe COVID.”) If either of these conditions was met, the authors classified that patient as having moderate to severe disease; otherwise, the case was considered mild or asymptomatic.

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

This increase was even bigger for vaccinated hospital patients, of whom 57 percent had mild or asymptomatic disease. But unvaccinated patients have also been showing up with less severe symptoms, on average, than earlier in the pandemic: The study found that 45 percent of their cases were mild or asymptomatic since January 21. According to Shira Doron, an infectious-disease physician and hospital epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center, in Boston, and one of the study’s co-authors, the latter finding may be explained by the fact that unvaccinated patients in the vaccine era tend to be a younger cohort who are less vulnerable to COVID and may be more likely to have been infected in the past.

The idea behind the study and what it investigates is important, says Graham Snyder, the medical director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, though he told me that it would benefit from a little more detail and nuance beyond oxygenation status. But Daniel Griffin, an infectious-disease specialist at Columbia University, told me that using other metrics for severity of illness, such as intensive-care admissions, presents different limitations. For one thing, different hospitals use different criteria for admitting patients to the ICU.

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’” He explained that some COVID patients are in for “soft” hospitalizations, where they need only minimal treatment and leave relatively quickly; others may be on the antiviral drug remdesivir for five days, or with a tube down their throat. One of the values of this study, he said, is that it helps the public understand this distinction—and the fact that not all COVID hospitalizations are the same.

But the study also demonstrates that hospitalization rates for COVID, as cited by journalists and policy makers, can be misleading, if not considered carefully. Clearly many patients right now are seriously ill. We also know that overcrowding of hospitals by COVID patients with even mild illness can have negative implications for patients in need of other care. At the same time, this study suggests that COVID hospitalization tallies can’t be taken as a simple measure of the prevalence of severe or even moderate disease, because they might inflate the true numbers by a factor of two. “As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country,” Doron told me, referring to decisions about school closures, business restrictions, mask requirements, and so on, “we should refine the definition of hospitalization. Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”

Love the resdemivir drop they threw in there. why would someone in a hospital be on that ****, it doesn't work and makes you sterile amirite?
saying that covid hospitalization cases are as high as they were in february is the same as saying vaccinations are a total FAIL-i thought vaccinations were supposed to prevent getting severe covid symptoms????

i call bullshyt-- there is no evidence that people who have had covid get it 2nd time... with all the people who have had covid i find it virtually impossible that covid hospitalization rates are as high as they were in february-and if they truly are then vaccines are proving to be worthless, imo.

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This whole damn time…. This whole damn freaking time, nothing. I was going to work every damn day. This is my last week at my job. This whole damn time. My mom decides to get the vaccine 2 weeks ago…. And bam, she’s positive. This whole freaking a** time not a damn thing.

Every place is booked, but I finally found a place to go tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have to wait forever. I’m so damn irritated at this whole freaking thing! 🤬

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just read a article that said 2 senior fda officials are stepping down after argument with white house over need for vaccine boosters...they say they are unnecessary for most.

'senior fda officials to step down over disagreement with white house on booster shots'

'fda resignations over white house booster shot guidance a 'mess for administration'

biden and his gang of merry misfits, lol.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This whole damn time…. This whole damn freaking time, nothing. I was going to work every damn day. This is my last week at my job. This whole damn time. My mom decides to get the vaccine 2 weeks ago…. And bam, she’s positive. This whole freaking a** time not a damn thing.

Every place is booked, but I finally found a place to go tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have to wait forever. I’m so damn irritated at this whole freaking thing! 🤬
Do you feel symptoms?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every testing station I see is empty as ****. I had my wife at UCLA for a procedure last Fri, they said it's empty.

Here's a nice cup of non-panic to start the day:

TOTAL CASES (US): 40,048,255
TOTAL DEATHS (US): 643,858

DEATHS as of 9/4/21 by age

0-17 years: 412 (.001% of total cases)[188 total deaths ages 1-14]
18-29 years: 3,043 (.0076% of total cases)
30-39 years: 8,634 (.022% of total cases)
40-49 years: 22,232 (.056% of total cases)
50-64 years: 106,674 (.27% of total cases)
65-74 years: 144,020 (.36% of total cases)
75-84 years: 173,655 (.43% of total cases)
85+ years: 185,188 (.46% of total cases)

TOTAL DEATHS account for 1.6% of total cases.
***8226;78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
***8226;94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
***8226;6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
***8226;94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Have y'all read 1984? and if it's been a while, maybe go get it and read it again.
By chapter 1 you'll see how it is what we're dealing with.

This morning it dawned on me... you know how you watch the news and we often call it the "bad news" cause they only report 'scary' and 'depressing' things?

This morning I realized that's not true. The "fluff" pieces, the happy little bits were about our fellow comrades who are good compliant little citizens. The ones who are doing so well and happy with their vaccines and masks and making these positive contributions to society per big brother's instruction.

The social conditioning is mind blowing. It's as if 80% of the population has the mental capacity of a toddler.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Every testing station I see is empty as ****. I had my wife at UCLA for a procedure last Fri, they said it's empty.

Here's a nice cup of non-panic to start the day:

TOTAL CASES (US): 40,048,255
TOTAL DEATHS (US): 643,858

DEATHS as of 9/4/21 by age

0-17 years: 412 (.001% of total cases)[188 total deaths ages 1-14]
18-29 years: 3,043 (.0076% of total cases)
30-39 years: 8,634 (.022% of total cases)
40-49 years: 22,232 (.056% of total cases)
50-64 years: 106,674 (.27% of total cases)
65-74 years: 144,020 (.36% of total cases)
75-84 years: 173,655 (.43% of total cases)
85+ years: 185,188 (.46% of total cases)

TOTAL DEATHS account for 1.6% of total cases.
***8226;78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
***8226;94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
***8226;6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
***8226;94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).
Quick, vaccinate the children!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have y'all read 1984? and if it's been a while, maybe go get it and read it again.

This morning it dawned on me... you know how you watch the news and we often call it the "bad news" cause they only report 'scary' and 'depressing' things?

This morning I realized that's not true. The "fluff" pieces, the happy little bits were about our fellow comrades who are good compliant little citizens. The ones who are doing so well and happy with their vaccines and masks and making these positive contributions to society per big brother's instruction.

The social conditioning is mind blowing. It's as if 80% of the population has the mental capacity of a toddler.
Great book. Always gives me the heebie jeebies. When it’s explained that all of the resource issues were solved, so perpetual wars were started for the sake of keeping people busy, population controlled, controlling the available resources & driving industry to give the 99% a purpose - all a giant mechanism simply for the sake of having power and control.

Because they could.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

We are in a weird amalgamation of several dystopian novels. 1984 is definitely my favorite of the bunch. The book that is claimed to have some influence over Orwell called Road To Serfdom by F.A. Hayek is actually a book that greatly influenced me as well. Highly recommend to any readers in here.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are in a weird amalgamation of several dystopian novels. 1984 is definitely my favorite of the bunch. The book that is claimed to have some influence over Orwell called Road To Serfdom by F.A. Hayek is actually a book that greatly influenced me as well. Highly recommend to any readers in here.
Here's an interesting twist.
When I first started thinking about the Two Minutes Hate, I thought about CNN/Social Media etc inspiring the TDS, BLM riots, etc. seemed obvious to me. Then recently when the college football games broke out in "**** biden" chants, I thought wow, that's the Two Minutes Hate again, in the other direction. we just need to get media and govt out of our lives. it's screwing with people in both directions.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The testing line…

65333221759__BF9F0447-7937-4BFB-9809-C1DA12A1509A.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it almost seems like i live on a different planet!!!

here where i live there is no waiting for either covid shot or testing and ER waiting time rarely goes over 15 minutes at either of our hospitals---i know because i drive by hospital several times a week and they have a digital sign giving ER waiting time.

hardly anyone here wears a mask, maybe 5 out of a hundred. the only clue that anything has changed from pre-covid is the help wanted signs in almost EVERY store--even so, the shelves are pretty well stocked especially when compared to bigger city like indianapolis.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i wonder if any studies have been done comparing covid cases in large urban areas to smaller rural communities?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
biden says follow the science--well, more and more the science is saying that natural immunity from having had covid provides more and better protection than vaccine--yet he is making no exception for mandates....

studies coming out of israel are proving how effective natural immunity is, but cdc is failing to acknowledge this!!!

2 high ranking FDA members resigned because of disagreement with white house over covid booster shots--congrats to them for having the courage to stand up to the AUTHORITARIAN biden administration--hopefully there will be many more with this kind of fortitude!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
biden says follow the science--well, more and more the science is saying that natural immunity from having had covid provides more and better protection than vaccine--yet he is making no exception for mandates....

studies coming out of israel are proving how effective natural immunity is, but cdc is failing to acknowledge this!!!

2 high ranking FDA members resigned because of disagreement with white house over covid booster shots--congrats to them for having the courage to stand up to the AUTHORITARIAN biden administration--hopefully there will be many more with this kind of fortitude!!!
CDC on Twitter: "If you’ve had #COVID19 in the past 3 months and you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you don’t need to get tested if you don’t have new symptoms. Find a testing location near you: https://t.co/8Yx3XcHCLM." / Twitter

Aaron Kheriaty, MD on Twitter: "We have 20 moths real-world data on natural immunity after recovery from Covid: 99% effective and zero evidence of waning with time or new variants. We have 8 months real-world data on vaccine immunity: 67-90% effective and wanes starting at 4 months. Jury is *not* still out." / Twitter

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it almost seems like i live on a different planet!!!

here where i live there is no waiting for either covid shot or testing and ER waiting time rarely goes over 15 minutes at either of our hospitals---i know because i drive by hospital several times a week and they have a digital sign giving ER waiting time.

hardly anyone here wears a mask, maybe 5 out of a hundred. the only clue that anything has changed from pre-covid is the help wanted signs in almost EVERY store--even so, the shelves are pretty well stocked especially when compared to bigger city like indianapolis.
Well, turns out I’m negative with the rapid test but who knows…. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I had to drive into the not so good area for the test and waited a little over an hour.I’m ready to get back on Kaiser. I took my dad this morning and it was a quick in and out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, turns out I’m negative with the rapid test but who knows…. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I had to drive into the not so good area for the test and waited a little over an hour.I’m ready to get back on Kaiser. I took my dad this morning and it was a quick in and out.
i'm glad you tested negative since some people get pretty sick, but if you were to test positive and only had the very mild symptoms my wife and i had then you would be done with it....for my wife and i the whole covid fear factor drama is over.

anyways, you are one of my favorite people on here-glad you are ok!!! (y)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm glad you tested negative since some people get pretty sick, but if you were to test positive and only had the very mild symptoms my wife and i had then you would be done with it....for my wife and i the whole covid fear factor drama is over.

anyways, you are one of my favorite people on here-glad you are ok!!! (y)
Thanks, Big! I also took the regular test and have another one scheduled for Saturday. I just want to make sure before I start my new job. Glad to hear that you two only had mild symptoms.♂

Big hug and thank you! You’re definitely one of mine!

Also, here’s to the California recall! Hopefully, we get the results tonight! 🤞🏽

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, Big! I also took the regular test and have another one scheduled for Saturday. I just want to make sure before I start my new job. Glad to hear that you two only had mild symptoms.‍♂

Big hug and thank you! You’re definitely one of mine!

Also, here’s to the California recall! Hopefully, we get the results tonight! 🤞🏽
sorry to say but i think when you wake up tomorrow newsom will still be your gov :(

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just for what it's worth here are a couple updated real world observations:

I now know three women in the past week that have reported menstral issues since receiving the jab (all in the 19-30yr range) and one of them who already had 2 kids no problem has not yet been able to get pregnant again (although test period is only about 7 months)

my wife and I have had many extremely direct contacts/exposures to folks who went down with covid in the past few weeks. by direct, I mean touching, hugging, being coughed on, and by exposure I mean they did test positive and di dhave the normal symptoms of loss of taste, fevers etc. So far our antibodies seem to be working as we have not been sick since March

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just for what it's worth here are a couple updated real world observations:

I now know three women in the past week that have reported menstral issues since receiving the jab (all in the 19-30yr range) and one of them who already had 2 kids no problem has not yet been able to get pregnant again (although test period is only about 7 months)

my wife and I have had many extremely direct contacts/exposures to folks who went down with covid in the past few weeks. by direct, I mean touching, hugging, being coughed on, and by exposure I mean they did test positive and di dhave the normal symptoms of loss of taste, fevers etc. So far our antibodies seem to be working as we have not been sick since March
CDC says there is no evidence that covid-19 causes a loss of infertility and goes on to recommend vaccination for those who are wanting/trying to get pregnant.

what if it turns out they are wrong?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CDC says there is no evidence that covid-19 causes a loss of infertility and goes on to recommend vaccination for those who are wanting/trying to get pregnant.

what if it turns out they are wrong?
FDA is uncertain if this claim and do not specify either way. I guess depends who your doctor reads is what will be recommended.

FoLlow ThE SCiEncE

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
FDA is uncertain if this claim and do not specify either way. I guess depends who your doctor reads is what will be recommended.

FoLlow ThE SCiEncE
tinfoil hat time: I would also question if the disease itself could have fertility issues.
we know some of the minds behind wuhan, and we definitely know some of the minds behind the vax (like Bill Gates) and we know that these people are pro population control.

I'm almost 40 and my wife is 10 years older than me, so we won't be testing my fertility any time soon. someone else here needs to take one for the team.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

FoLlow ThE SCiEncE
i notice a subtle difference between FDA and CDC developing