Who here takes both Armour Thyroid and Iodine?...if yes then...

willis3

Awards
Just curious because right now I'm on 2 grains of Thyroid (Armour) per day. I'm now taking it 1 grain morning...1/2 grain early afternoon...and then 1/2 grain early evening. I am curious about Iodine supplementation with the thyroid. Of those who've added it into your regimen along with Armour Thyroid, what did you notice? Did you find that you needed less Armour? When is the best time of day to take Iodine? I've heard Lugols is a good place to start...also heard that Iodoral-(Iodine/Potassium Iodide Supplement) is solid as well. Just interested in your experiences, both good and bad. Thanks in advance fellas.

willis3

Awards
Ok, I took the Iodoral-which yields total iodine/iodide=12.5 mg (iodine=5 mg+iodide(as potassium salt)=7.5 mg) (one tablet).......and i would say I did notice it and was not particularly pleased with the effect. It was wierd because I've actually been doing great lately and this Iodoral made me feel, slightly edgy, a little self conscious and nervous. It also made me feel very hungry or atleast crave food. I think what happened is that the iodoral set off some sot of stress reponse. Because my thing is when I feel stressed I start craving carbs...probably in an effort to calm myself down a little. Oh well I don't think taking it one time will do much. I'll just stick with the armour for now as it fel I have a good thing going lately. I know that if it ain't broke then don't try and fix it. Lately all I can hear from people is wow! you're looking great lately. I've lost 15 lbs. Been controlling my food intake big time. Switching to Armour helped a great deal. Everything seems to be coming together and I've got my doses tweaked almost to perfection. I need to just stop adding in things that may seem like not a huge deal (1 pill of iodoral) but really do make a difference. Being on HRT I've become so in tune with my body that I literally feel everything that I put in it. I guess exogenously replacing hormones, even in bioidentical form can heighten your body's sensory awareness to an extreme.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I took the Iodoral-which yields total iodine/iodide=12.5 mg (iodine=5 mg+iodide(as potassium salt)=7.5 mg) (one tablet).......and i would say I did notice it and was not particularly pleased with the effect. It was wierd because I've actually been doing great lately and this Iodoral made me feel, slightly edgy, a little self conscious and nervous. It also made me feel very hungry or atleast crave food. I think what happened is that the iodoral set off some sot of stress reponse. Because my thing is when I feel stressed I start craving carbs...probably in an effort to calm myself down a little. Oh well I don't think taking it one time will do much. I'll just stick with the armour for now as it fel I have a good thing going lately. I know that if it ain't broke then don't try and fix it. Lately all I can hear from people is wow! you're looking great lately. I've lost 15 lbs. Been controlling my food intake big time. Switching to Armour helped a great deal. Everything seems to be coming together and I've got my doses tweaked almost to perfection. I need to just stop adding in things that may seem like not a huge deal (1 pill of iodoral) but really do make a difference. Being on HRT I've become so in tune with my body that I literally feel everything that I put in it. I guess exogenously replacing hormones, even in bioidentical form can heighten your body's sensory awareness to an extreme.
Thyroid medicaine will cause your body to use iodine reserves which are already low. Majority of people that get breast cancer are already on thyroid medicine or have un diagnoised hypothyroid. Iodine has been linked to estrogen metabolism this has already been explained in previous thread. Before self supplementing find out if you need it by having a iodine loading test that is an FDA approved. When dealing with anything my theory is have probably cause for taking it. An if you take iodine and your adrenals are not supported it can make your hypothyroid symptoms even worse. If your adrenals are good then you could posible even cut back on your thyroid medicines dosages under dr supervision.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Just curious because right now I'm on 2 grains of Thyroid (Armour) per day. I'm now taking it 1 grain morning...1/2 grain early afternoon...and then 1/2 grain early evening. I am curious about Iodine supplementation with the thyroid. Of those who've added it into your regimen along with Armour Thyroid, what did you notice? Did you find that you needed less Armour? When is the best time of day to take Iodine? I've heard Lugols is a good place to start...also heard that Iodoral-(Iodine/Potassium Iodide Supplement) is solid as well. Just interested in your experiences, both good and bad. Thanks in advance fellas.
Based on my Oct06 test my FreeT3=2.9(2.3-4.2)
I went up to 4grains of Armour first with 10mg of Cortef but then dropped Cortef. Only difference my average body temperature rised. Apr13/07 test show FreeT3=486(230-420), I dropped Armour to 3grains. No difference except I think my temperature is more stable and is much closer to my body temp in my younger days,
young 36.60C=97.88 F
now on 3grains 36.50C=97.70F
before Armour about 35.70C=96.26F
on 4grains I was getting up to 36.80C=98.24F

When Iodine discussion started I bought from Amazon.com Lugol's solution of Iodine.
I put 6-10 drops daily into my tea.
I feel no other difference but it makes me constipated, and the stool is darker. Before was rather very light brown now is darker brown. When I stop Lugols, next day I am back to old consistency and color. I am regular, have two sometimes three stools daily, mostly all in the morning.

I would rather talk about girls than stools, but you asked the question. :)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Based on my Oct06 test my FreeT3=2.9(2.3-4.2)
I went up to 4grains of Armour first with 10mg of Cortef but then dropped Cortef. Only difference my average body temperature rised. Apr13/07 test show FreeT3=486(230-420), I dropped Armour to 3grains. No difference except I think my temperature is more stable and is much closer to my body temp in my younger days,
young 36.60C=97.88 F
now 36.50C=97.70F
before Armour about 35.70C=96.26F
on 4grains I was getting up to 36.80C=98.24F

When Iodine discussion started I bought from Amazon.com Lugol's solution of Iodine.
I put 6-10 drops daily into my tea.
I feel no other difference but it makes me constipated, and the stool is darker. Before was rather very light brown now is darker brown. When I stop Lugols, next day I am back to old consistency and color. I am regular, have two sometimes three stools daily, mostly all in the morning.

I would rather talk about girls than stools, but you asked the question. :)
Constipation is the primary problem with taking luguls too fast this is an indication that your are releasing toxins from your tissues too fast namely bromide and fluroirde. Also too constipation is caused from excess release of other heavy metals in your system causing alterations in your serotonin metaoblism in your gut walls why you can not take a crap. Start slowly and add in 1200 mgs magensum chelated and also 1/2 tsp celtic sea salts a day x2 times a day to aid in detoxification. i had the same problems, plus its also telling you that you need more adrenal support because its pushing thyroid too hard.

So these are good things telling you
1. your probably low on it - verify it byiodine loading test
2. you have excessive metals and halogens in system
3. start slower like 2 drops a day for a week then another 2 dropps and so forth

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Constipation is the primary problem with taking luguls too fast this is an indication that your are releasing toxins from your tissues too fast namely bromide and fluroirde. Also too constipation is caused from excess release of other heavy metals in your system causing alterations in your serotonin metaoblism in your gut walls why you can not take a crap. Start slowly and add in 1200 mgs magensum chelated and also 1/2 tsp celtic sea salts a day x2 times a day to aid in detoxification. i had the same problems, plus its also telling you that you need more adrenal support because its pushing thyroid too hard.
So these are good things telling you
1. your probably low on it - verify it byiodine loading test
2. you have excessive metals and halogens in system
3. start slower like 2 drops a day for a week then another 2 dropps and so forth
I have a Cortef, I will try 5mg/day to see if makes a difference.
That is one pill should I take it in the morning or latter in the day?

I take all kind of magnesium with my supplements but there is no magensum chelated, should I add that type specifically, where to buy it?
What is celtic sea salt?
I use about 3 different (supposedly good) sea salts, but no celtic.
My blood test on Sodium=144nmol/L(135-146)
I am getting close to the top range.
My salt

Himalayan Crystal Salt
Fine Granulated $29.50/kilo - 2lbs. 2.35oz

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
This is a topic I am currently looking into. Especially for those of us who live in the "goiter belt".
I think this is a great avenue to explore to take your treatments to a whole other level. Combing holistic and traditoinal medicine is going to be wave of the future..

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I have a Cortef, I will try 5mg/day to see if makes a difference.
That is one pill should I take it in the morning or latter in the day?

I take all kind of magnesium with my supplements but there is no magensum chelated, should I add that type specifically, where to buy it?
What is celtic sea salt?
I use about 3 different (supposedly good) sea salts, but no celtic.
My blood test on Sodium=144nmol/L(135-146)
I am getting close to the top range.
My salt

Himalayan Crystal Salt
Fine Granulated $29.50/kilo - 2lbs. 2.35oz

I read recently that Sicilian sea salt is supposed to be very good - about the lowest in sodium that you can find.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I read recently that Sicilian sea salt is supposed to be very good - about the lowest in sodium that you can find.
Himaylan is probably the best there is..thats fine

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
When I think back all of these yrs. I suffered in the summer time just could not take the heat. When my E2 levels were very high and it was messing up my prostate. I would go into my Dr.'s every 4 weeks for blood work and they would test my urine to see If I had a bladder infection. I was allwasy told to drink more water that I was Dehydrated. This was a flag going up there was something wrong. And my sodium levels were low normal all the time every test done.

Now I start searching and find out my aldosterone levels are low and my Dr. put me on Florinef. Now the heat does not bother me a bit. I feel much better and my fatigue is gone. Still I need to take Sea Salt with this med. I am telling you I Just don't know what we are going to find wrong next.

I have to treat my low Testostereone, Cortisol, DHEA, Thyriod and now my Aldosterone levels.

I am doing 70 mgs of 200mgs/ml of Depo T every 3 days and 350 IU's of HCG the 2 days each in between. To keep my T levels up. I also do .5 mgs Arimidex every other day to my E2 in check. I take 3 grains a day of Armour. I do 5mgs 4 times a day of Cortef for my low cortisol levels. And now 100mcgs of Florinef with Sea Salt 1/2 a tsp 2x's a day.

It's like my pituitary is not doing much of anything.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

According to the advertising, Himalayan salt is very pure, but it is mined salt, which tends to have higher sodium content than sea salt. So sea salt might be a better alternative for someone wishing to lower dietary sodium.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
According to the advertising, Himalayan salt is very pure, but it is mined salt, which tends to have higher sodium content than sea salt. So sea salt might be a better alternative for someone wishing to lower dietary sodium.
Most of us here are looking for it for adrenal support :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
When I think back all of these yrs. I suffered in the summer time just could not take the heat. When my E2 levels were very high and it was messing up my prostate. I would go into my Dr.'s every 4 weeks for blood work and they would test my urine to see If I had a bladder infection. I was allwasy told to drink more water that I was Dehydrated. This was a flag going up there was something wrong. And my sodium levels were low normal all the time every test done.

Now I start searching and find out my aldosterone levels are low and my Dr. put me on Florinef. Now the heat does not bother me a bit. I feel much better and my fatigue is gone. Still I need to take Sea Salt with this med. I am telling you I Just don't know what we are going to find wrong next.

I have to treat my low Testostereone, Cortisol, DHEA, Thyriod and now my Aldosterone levels.

I am doing 70 mgs of 200mgs/ml of Depo T every 3 days and 350 IU's of HCG the 2 days each in between. To keep my T levels up. I also do .5 mgs Arimidex every other day to my E2 in check. I take 3 grains a day of Armour. I do 5mgs 4 times a day of Cortef for my low cortisol levels. And now 100mcgs of Florinef with Sea Salt 1/2 a tsp 2x's a day.

It's like my pituitary is not doing much of anything.
That is a lots of T, what are your blood levels
FreeT=???
BAT=???
probably sky high.

Check what Vforcer2 is doing, he shoots subq in the fat around the navel.
His theory is that you may get to much T into body fluids.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
When I posted 2 weeks ago "New Labs Quest" in this my labs were to low. This is the new dose to bring my levels up.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/65181-new-labs-quest.html
Now I understand.

Quality of laboratory is very important.
I am glad you have switched to Quest.
I hope that you go to Quest to give blood rather than letting the doctors nurse screw you.
Again chain of Quality Control.

Please post your new test results when you get them.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I still wonder if it makes a difference the way you doing your shots.
Possibly Vforcer2 is right, fat is more stable, after stabilization time, testosterone lodged in fat may have a more equalizing effect.
Muscle and surrounding tissues may have a body fluid flow that may wash the t out and cause faster metabolism.
Not only faster but uneven, depending on where you did your last shot.
(just ramblings on Vforcer's theory may have nothing to do with real thing)
---
But Vforcer's dose is 44mg yours 75mg, that demands good explanation.

Quote:
I personally think Phil needs more because he does not know where his T is going. Is it the muscle, the fat, the blood? Who knows?

IMHO the way he is doing it in the leg makes no sense whatsoever. I lean on the reasoning a good portion, if not all is straight into the body fluids and metabilized very quckly, which requires more per injection. At the very least he needs a shorter needle, or needs to shoot in the hip where there is more fatty tissue.

I have no burning in the belly fat and the injections are simple.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
It all sounds good but I don't think so. Been doing shots every 3 days for about 2 yrs now. My levels have always been good it's when I added in Cortef and now Florinef the my levels started changing. First when I went from Isocort to Cortef my levels on my next test went up past 1400 my Dr. waited until my next test to lower my dose. At the time I was doing 65 mgs every 3 days of depo T and 350 IU's of HCG the 2 days each in between my T shots. So when the 2nd. blood test came back still way to high he lowed me down to 50mgs and on the HCG down to 300 IU's. My next blood test was down but still to high so we ended up at 50mgs of depo T and 250 IU's of HCG. And as you can see from my last blood test this is way to low.

Off the top of my head I think Vforcer2 is shooting into his thigh just like I am with the same size needle.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
It all sounds good but I don't think so. Been doing shots every 3 days for about 2 yrs now. My levels have always been good it's when I added in Cortef and now Florinef the my levels started changing. First when I went from Isocort to Cortef my levels on my next test went up past 1400 my Dr. waited until my next test to lower my dose. At the time I was doing 65 mgs every 3 days of depo T and 350 IU's of HCG the 2 days each in between my T shots. So when the 2nd. blood test came back still way to high he lowed me down to 50mgs and on the HCG down to 300 IU's. My next blood test was down but still to high so we ended up at 50mgs of depo T and 250 IU's of HCG. And as you can see from my last blood test this is way to low.

Off the top of my head I think Vforcer2 is shooting into his thigh just like I am with the same size needle.

Quote:"
I'm doing fine I am currently injecting 44mg in the belly using the same syringe Phil uses, which is 1" 27 gauge."

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

Janz shooting 27 gauge into stomach thats freaken nuts !!

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
What is nuts about it he is doing the same thing Dr. Shippen is doing and he has no E2 probelms.

I would do it this way but the Depo stings and burns for hrs. after the shot. So I am doing the next best thing shooting with a 27g x 1/2" lg. needle into my thigh.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
KSman is using 29ga for testosterone, it takes him few minutes to fill syringe. He uses 1/2cc they come with smaller piston.
I think 28ga, 1/cc may be good compromise.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66487-250-hcg-twice.html
such as
BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box
UPC: UPC: 382908465038 $24.99
-------------------------------------
I never shoot anything else than 30ga subQ so do not know how 28ga in the stomach would feel.
----
Well, 30 years ago I brough with me some Polish reusable.
I shoot that in my buttocks, the needle is 1"long 1/32" thick, whatewer the guage may be. I still have the set, just measured. That would make it gauge 21
Hypodermic Needle Gauge Chart

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
What is nuts about it he is doing the same thing Dr. Shippen is doing and he has no E2 probelms.

I would do it this way but the Depo stings and burns for hrs. after the shot. So I am doing the next best thing shooting with a 27g x 1/2" lg. needle into my thigh.
Possibly you should give it another try or two.
You may have got some bad spot the one time that you tried.
For example with my shooting HCG, I noticed couple spots that I want to avoid. I try to lightly poke first, if I feel any thing I change and move 1/2" away.
----------------------------------------
It is easy for me to make suggestions, I newer did any T shots.
But I am mentaly preparing for them, also others may benefit.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Possibly you should give it another try or two.
You may have got some bad spot the one time that you tried.
For example with my shooting HCG, I noticed couple spots that I want to avoid. I try to lightly poke first, if I feel any thing I change and move 1/2" away.
----------------------------------------
It is easy for me to make suggestions, I newer did any T shots.
But I am mentaly preparing for them, also others may benefit.
I draw with a 22 gauge pull the plunger on 28 or 29 gauge .5 up and then fill it up according then place plunger back in and let it run all the way to the back and then push plunger up. This way the needle is never daw and it goes right in saving me a good 5 minutes each shot to draw the stuff up in a 28 gauge from the vial