Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
why is it that every single group of people in this country are protected under political correctness laws....except for WHITE CHRISTIAN MALES.

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!!

i am sooooo very tired of political correctness, where will it end????

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flaming leftist liberal hipsters have turned the white Christian male into a hated, discriminated, minority, enemy.

Our morals and values interfere with their narcissistic selfish self serving agendas.

God Bless America!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im getting tired of being thrown into a bucket. I had an uber driver telling me how my people are tearing down his projects and building apartments in place that he can't afford. Somehow these are my people even though I have no clue who he is talking about...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im getting tired of being thrown into a bucket. I had an uber driver telling me how my people are tearing down his projects and building apartments in place that he can't afford. Somehow these are my people even though I have no clue who he is talking about...
He must have meant Uber passengers!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
He must have meant Uber passengers!
No he went on and on about white people being the issue and also referring to them as whites. Them = the people who can afford to live downtown in these high rises

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Racism towards individuals of lighter skin tones is becoming the standard. It is a primitive defense mechanism is all.

"I am incapable of success so I will find someone else to blame for my failure".

Then you add in the law of nature that people will take the path of least resistance. So what is easiest to blame? Well skin color of course. It is a visual aid if you will for those lacking the ability to understand dynamic and complex social structures and the realities of certain situations. Primitive instincts overcoming the higher functions of social engineering that have allowed society to advance as far as it has.

"My people can't get ahead because white man and the Jews keep us down".

To which I usually inquire as to how they came to that conclusion only to hear massive tales of conspiracy theory that would make the Loch Ness Monster proud.

The whole racism towards the white Christian bit is driven by the far left political figures because it generates fear and allows them to keep people ignorant and under their control. Because they will protect them from those of us who..uh...work the same jobs, wear the same cloths, have the same aspirations, and love in the same fashion?

My favorite situation is when an individual of a darker skin tone complains that all the bosses are white. Then I ask them what steps they have taken to place themselves into a position of leadership. Have you gone to college for a degree? Do you study to improve yourself outside of standard educational practices? Do you dress for the job you want, not the lifestyle you want to represent? Do you talk like you have a sensible mind and are capable of critical thinking and unbiased judgement of situations and policies? These questions for some reason tends to upset people because it forces them to at least glimpse at the fact that their current situation has not been thrust upon them but rather was the result of their personal choices. Worse yet you force them to realize they can change it with effort and taking responsibility for their actions. Then you are a racist for doing so.

Give it time. There is an entire political platform being built upon ignorance and prejudice. A platform the world as a whole is slowly getting fed up with. Especially since a large portion of that platform eats and breaths thanks to subsidization from the individuals they are prejudiced against. The left loves preaching the concept of safety nets and guaranteed freebies. Yet no one understand none of that is actually free.

Honestly though with all the media coverage of the ignorance I think it is really generating a large deal of upward momentum and unity for us. There are large swaths of people breaking out from the "White/Black" concept and moving towards a real understanding of "We are all American". Though I worry it may have come too late. Not that we are innocent as we have some horrible past sins and definitely still have some of the dumbest most narrow minded racists I have ever seen within our own communities.

Just be kind, understanding, and forgiving. Never stop being a warrior though. Just remember there is no reason to have a flex off with a blind man who cannot perceive your vascularity.

Some of the most intelligent people I have met came from backgrounds of ignorance. Sometimes when an individual crawls out from under such a heavy rock they spend their entire life seeking intellectual redemption. They also tend to guide others forward and upward.

In the end we have to learn to get it together as a species. As humans our first biological priority is survival. And the only way to guarantee survival is through colonizing other planets. Be you of a religious background or not. Maybe Christ will beat the sun expanding and destroying the earth. Maybe he wont. Our first priority is survival. At this point in the development of the species I think we should be capable of pulling the plug on social manipulation by authority figures to keep us thinking we are all different.

I think I can openly say I experienced my fair share of youthful ignorance. May or may not have even gotten me sent on "Vacation" from this board back when I was extremely active. So I am just as guilty as anyone blaming someone from any race. I just got over it and grew up. But I am sure I frustrated many people before I got to that point. Just as others may frustrate me now.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Everybody's people. The sooner everyone gets that the sooner we can move on. Easy for me to say I know, but it's really that easy. It's just so much easier to hate someone else than to empower yourself.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amen! ^^^^. The age you STOP blaming others for YOUR issues is 18! Take responsibility for yourself and grow up!

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
No worries... When the mother ship arrives and unleashes it's wrath on the human race, we will have no choice but to unite as one and redirect our hatred to this new extraterrestrial oppressor. Maybe then we can "all just get along".

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Flaming leftist liberal hipsters have turned the white Christian male into a hated, discriminated, minority, enemy.

Our morals and values interfere with their narcissistic selfish self serving agendas.

God Bless America!
The pot called the kettle what?!

"Our morals and values interfere with their narcissistic selfish self serving agendas."

Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards

PC'ness is bad but it's bad for everyone. There does come a point where the narrative is shown to lean to favor one versus another but that's just the way it is intended to keep everyone divided. The beef I have is the fight against men, and it drives me up a wall in how the average man- mannerisms are seen in such a bad light by a portion of society. This term of "rape culture" and "no means no" etc....society is becoming crazy if we dont check those who want to impose PC.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The pot called the kettle what?!

"Our morals and values interfere with their narcissistic selfish self serving agendas."

Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.
Yeah rewriting the law/constitution when you don't get what you want when it is voted upon is funny too.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Yeah rewriting the law/constitution when you don't get what you want when it is voted upon is funny too.
Yeah I know, right?! What were those flaming leftist liberal hipsters thinking when they introduced Amendments to our sacred constitution. We should get rid of all of them. Things would be much better then.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I know, right?! What were those flaming leftist liberal hipsters thinking when they introduced Amendments to our sacred constitution. We should get rid of all of them. Things would be much better then.
prop 8 was voted by "the people" and amended to the constitution? A judge then decided it was unconstitutional and "he" decided to overturn the vote of "the people".

Of what political persuasion do you believe the judge was...need I say it for you?

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
You're referring to California's state constitution. Proposition 8 was voted in by 52% of the vote (hardly a clear representation of what "the people" want... Not that that matters.) , and was an amendment that denied certain individuals the same rights as others. You talk about "selfish personal agenda's"... You're trying to use your personal beliefs, which seem to be primarily religion based, to decide which rights other individual should be afforded. How, does another person's right to get married impose on your life, deny you any rights, or affect you in any way? You talk about masculinity... Nothing could make you less masculine than hate-mongering as a result of your own personal insecurities. You, David Dunn are far from "Unbreakable"... It seems you've been broken your entire life.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're referring to California's state constitution. Proposition 8 was voted in by 52% of the vote (hardly a clear representation of what "the people" want... Not that that matters.) , and was an amendment that denied certain individuals the same rights as others. You talk about "selfish personal agenda's"... You're trying to use your personal beliefs, which seem to be primarily religion based, to decide which rights other individual should be afforded. How, does another person's right to get married impose on your life, deny you any rights, or affect you in any way? You talk about masculinity... Nothing could make you less masculine than hate-mongering as a result of your own personal insecurities. You, David Dunn are far from "Unbreakable"... It seems you've been broken your entire life.
The law was passed. The margin doesn't matter. It was due process under the law/constitution. The minority didn't like it so someone decided to overturn it because the minority didn't like the outcome. This is fact!

This is a fact regardless of my beliefs. Yet you and the likes of you continue to attack me and my beliefs completely out of context of the discussion.

I love the redundant "it doesn't effect you in any way" and "the hate-mongering" post you guys continue to make that are in error and completely comical at their best. This is irrelevant to my statement about the facts of the law being overturned. You are literally this threads title in action. We disagree or debate a matter and I get attacked and insulted. Every last one of you trolls conduct yourselves in the same way. What is more scary is that your eyes are completely blind to your own hypocrisy and ignorance when it is as clear as the nose upon your face.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The law was passed. The margin doesn't matter. It was due process under the law/constitution. The minority didn't like it so someone decided to overturn it because the minority didn't like the outcome. This is fact!
We disagree or debate a matter and I get attacked and insulted. Every last one of you trolls conduct yourselves in the same way. What is more scary is that your eyes are completely blind to your own hypocrisy and ignorance...
This is the part that I am struggling with. You're stating facts about the situation and being met with personal attacks, that doesn't further the discussion in a constructive manner. Of course, no one is going to change the world on an online forum anyhow I reckon.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
By "you and the likes of you", I assume you mean those who believe ALL people ( including you) should be afforded the same rights, regardless of race, creed or, yes, even sexual preference, regardless of my own personal beliefs and practices. My defense of this belief has nothing to do with you or your own beliefs. I am not criticizing or attacking you, your family or your church. I defend your right to live the way you chose... As long as it doesn't impose on anyone else's ability to do the same.

You "love the redundant 'it doesn't effect you in any way'", yet you continue to avoid the question of how it does effect you. Perhaps because it doesn't, it simply goes against your own "selfish self serving agenda". As far as being relevant to your statement about the facts of the law being overturned, I am not speaking solely about the specifics of one case in my back yard. I didn't realize this thread was specifically about the Proposition 9 overturn that occurred 5 years ago. The title of this thread is "White Christian males and discrimination" not "A flaming leftist liberal hipster judge overturned prop 8 and I am forced to live knowing that two people of the same sex can get married and now the Federal Supreme Court has come to the same conclusion".

I'm sorry that you feel attacked every time someone disagrees with you or debates you on a matter and that you consider everyone that does so a "troll". Maybe you should start a forum where you can allow membership privileges based on a person's religious and political views. Perhaps then your hate fueled diatribe can go unquestioned and troll-free.

As for hypocrisy... Here's a mirror and a dictionary. The very nature of this thread and your comments within it are committing the very same self serving and self-pitying acts that you accuse others of. It's time to live your life and stop trying to effect how others live theirs.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The you and the likes of you are the ones like yourself that are attacking and insulting.

The very title of this thread "white Christian male discrimination" and "protection" from such is exactly what you are perpetrating. I don't have the right to my views without discrimination and have not protection from attacks and insults.

It's clearly evident you cannot see anything beyond your disdain for my differing view on ANYTHING.

Thanks but youre the next one in line to act this way and quite honestly I've have my fill of "you" and "the likes of you".

Good talks...bye!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do notice at some forums Christianity is constantly ridiculed. It is a feeding frenzy and all Christians are lumped together as backward, bigoted, close minded, peevish, etc.etc. Basically pot calling kettle black type of stuff.
No one believes the other side of Christianity with its excellent values.-morality, ethics, generosity, compassion,etc.

I chalk it up to a fringe element as it does not occur in my actual life experiences.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the reason for my starting this thread was because i woke up one day and found that i was under attack for no other reason than being me...i am a white male who is a christian, and my values and principles are under attack by those that claim i am a racist, and a sexist merely for the color of my skin and my gender, and for my belief in GOD!!!

i am not happy about this!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I do notice at some forums Christianity is constantly ridiculed. It is a feeding frenzy and all Christians are lumped together as backward, bigoted, close minded, peevish, etc.etc. Basically pot calling kettle black type of stuff.
No one believes the other side of Christianity with its excellent values.-morality, ethics, generosity, compassion,etc.

I chalk it up to a fringe element as it does not occur in my actual life experiences.
Many times I get insulted because of my skin color(white) or my faith(Christianity). I have even been told racism is in my bones because I am white by someone of a darker skin tone for literally no reason because I walked in on the wrong part of a discussion between two black individuals about Jews being the evil of the world. All I did was inquire as to why that was so, which I guess is racist to ask. Nowadays I am pretty reserved about my faith and most people don't know I belong to it unless they notice me praying or it says so in some profile of mine. Then I become "labeled" and all of my opinions are based on the Bible. Even though often in long discussions I only use science and facts that come from what can be proven through research or observation. But it is easy for them to write off a fact they don't like by targeting my personal life.

Better yet they want to refer to morality and ethics. Morals and ethics have no scientific basis, and are not factual in any way. Anyone who believes in any code of conduct, ethics, sense of morality are themselves religious. Because they are worshiping a religious doctrine that cannot be scientifically proven. The beautiful irony of it is that they are often extremely over zealous in enforcing their opinions on their religious doctrine. Think about the liberal, politically correct left. The usually extremely anti-religious group(Unless you are muslim) forcing their own religious doctrine on others for false reasons other than social manipulation.

Scientifically speaking we are doing the worst thing possible for our species at the moment. But we all ignore that science in favor of a religious doctrine of international ethics and morality that have no scientific value.

Science has many inconvenient truths that are counterproductive to the people who are usually waving science as their "casus belli". I tend to use it as my flag but I understand the darker realities of it all.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
the reason for my starting this thread was because i woke up one day and found that i was under attack for no other reason than being me...i am a white male who is a christian, and my values and principles are under attack by those that claim i am a racist, and a sexist merely for the color of my skin and my gender, and for my belief in GOD!!!

i am not happy about this!!!
Everyone is "under attack", what's your point?

Do you feel that because you're a white christian male you should NOT be under attack while everyone else is? Your statement reeks of superiority.

Now of course the ideal scenario would be where nobody is discriminated against, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Do you feel that because you're a white christian male you should NOT be under attack while everyone else is? Your statement reeks of superiority.

Now of course the ideal scenario would be where nobody is discriminated against, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately.
lol...i hope you are not being serious???

there are 12 step programs that really work!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

If everyone is under attack could you please point out the equal coverage of the attacks as well as the equal number of people propagating said attacks in order to further a political ideology? I do indeed agree that every group experiences being the target at some point. But what happens when they are targeted?

You are currently showing what happens when the group this thread is dedicated to comes under attack. "Suck it up and move on". Yet if we were another combination of sex, race, religion we would be seen as a minority and thus it is an issue. We might even be able to get on the news, start a few riots, get a new bill created for "equality" that makes the legalities of owning a company even more complex and costly, etc.

In fact you are expecting me to deal with things in a specific manner because of my skin color. As an individual of the color, sex, and faith that I am you expect me to be able to cope with insults, attacks, and hate while understanding that any other group that experiences the same thing needs my subsidization, my sympathy, and ultimately for me to bend over backwards to make them feel better about themselves.

The issue is not that we are attacked, it is that it is perfectly okay to attack the group we belong to and is generally encouraged in politics, on college campuses, and in the media.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know, big. You and I have had some great conversations but I can't help but sense so much anger in you.

You don't have hope for our generation but we're trying our best... Well, most of us.

You feel like the "white men" are being attacked but many others feel the same.

Maybe take a step back and look at it from someone else's perspective.

I'm not saying you're wrong for how you feel, we're all entitled to our feelings and opinions. I'm just saying that if you had a little more hope then you wouldn't have so much hate....

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
If everyone is under attack could you please point out the equal coverage of the attacks as well as the equal number of people propagating said attacks in order to further a political ideology? I do indeed agree that every group experiences being the target at some point. But what happens when they are targeted?

You are currently showing what happens when the group this thread is dedicated to comes under attack. "Suck it up and move on". Yet if we were another combination of sex, race, religion we would be seen as a minority and thus it is an issue. We might even be able to get on the news, start a few riots, get a new bill created for "equality" that makes the legalities of owning a company even more complex and costly, etc.

In fact you are expecting me to deal with things in a specific manner because of my skin color. As an individual of the color, sex, and faith that I am you expect me to be able to cope with insults, attacks, and hate while understanding that any other group that experiences the same thing needs my subsidization, my sympathy, and ultimately for me to bend over backwards to make them feel better about themselves.

The issue is not that we are attacked, it is that it is perfectly okay to attack the group we belong to and is generally encouraged in politics, on college campuses, and in the media.
Actually, I think that EVERYONE who feels under attack needs to just move the f*ck on and get over themselves.

Guess what? Not everyone is going to like you in your life.

If it's not because of your skin color, ethnicity/cultural background, political views, or religion, it will be because of what sports team you like, what hobbies you pursue, the way you dress, the car you drive, and the list goes on.

You know how many people probably hate us because we work out and look good with our clothes off? They probably don't say it, but I can almost guarantee you when you go to the beach there's some envious bastard thinking to himself "god I hate those meatheads."

Should I jump on TV, social media, or a forum and start bitching about how bodybuilders are under attack and how I'm so offended by it?

And for the record, I rarely EVER see white christian males being discriminated against, other than maybe by other extremist religious groups. In fact, christians pretty much have a free pass in this country whereas if you're an atheist like myself, people look at you the same way they do terrorists and child molesters, yet I couldn't care less.

So please, spare me the whining.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You know, big. You and I have had some great conversations but I can't help but sense so much anger in you.

You don't have hope for our generation but we're trying our best... Well, most of us.

I'm not saying you're wrong for how you feel, we're all entitled to our feelings and opinions. I'm just saying that if you had a little more hope then you wouldn't have so much hate....
lol....i love everyone!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually, I think that EVERYONE who feels under attack needs to just move the f*ck on and get over themselves.

If it's not because of your skin color, ethnicity/cultural background, political views, or religion, it will be because of what sports team you like, what hobbies you pursue, the way you dress, the car you drive, and the list goes on.

You know how many people probably hate us because we work out and look good with our clothes off? They probably don't say it, but I can almost guarantee you when you go to the beach there's some envious bastard thinking to himself "god I hate those meatheads."

Should I jump on TV, social media, or a forum and start bitching about how bodybuilders are under attack and how I'm so offended by it?

And for the record, I rarely EVER see white christian males being discriminated against, other than maybe by other extremist religious groups. In fact, christians pretty much have a free pass in this country whereas if you're an atheist like myself, people look at you the same way they do terrorists and child molesters.

wow...talk about whining!!!

geez

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
I used to be called that Nazi kid in highschool because I was German and I had a Germany sweatshirt from buschgardens or some ****... Sad thing is people construed this as it to me being racist even though my best friend was black and I hung out with people from every walk of life. God forbid I am proud of my heritage and **** you for assuming I am racist for it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

You bring good points and concepts to the thread. First and foremost is that there is nothing wrong with being concerned with your tribes well being. Which lets look at the facts. Everyone is participating in tribalism. My tribe is better than your tribe, etc.

I am concerned about the heritage of Europa. What is currently happening in Western Civilization in order to appease and help other civilizations cope with the modern world. At the same time I am not blind and know how things work. Even when a country like mine(America) sends financial aid to that little country in Africa to help those starving children it usually comes at a price...for their people. Our government makes deals and will agree to send that aid BUT they have to allow American companies to come in and mine for diamonds, etc.

So there is truth in both directions. In said scenario people will attack the group giving aid because they are getting something in return. But it is an exchange of services correct? If you say to instead just stop the aid and pull out the companies but the people go back to having a famine you are now a monster. Because for some reason you are obligated to help for free. Even though nothing is ever free. Yet because we advanced to a certain point at a rapid pace it is our "duty" to help them. And if we want anything out of it we are considered corrupt or wrong. This concept is based off real scenarios happening around the world right now.

In the end though there are massive amounts of tensions building between groups. Tensions that will probably be openly settled during the next great war.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

And for the record, I rarely EVER see white christian males being discriminated against, other than maybe by other extremist religious groups. In fact, christians pretty much have a free pass in this country whereas if you're an atheist like myself, people look at you the same way they do terrorists and child molesters, yet I couldn't care less.

I want to live where you live in this country. Because where I am at being a white Christian means I have to watch everything I say and I am pretty much the minority(For the Christian part). Or at least most people are afraid to proclaim it anymore because it instantly comes under fire. It may also depend on your social status. The closer you are to the bottom the more you can say anything. The higher you climb in leadership the more you have to watch everything.

If you place a Bible in a toilet and display it you may call it art. If you do the same to the Quran, it is a hate crime and you can be charged. This is America.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I want to live where you live in this country. Because where I am at being a white Christian means I have to watch everything I say and I am pretty much the minority(For the Christian part). Or at least most people are afraid to proclaim it anymore because it instantly comes under fire.
Let me ask you this. How does anyone know your religious beliefs unless you're out talking about it?

The only thing they can gather by looking at you is that you're white, and a male. And I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but I don't know of any places where you can't walk out of your house as a white male and be the target of discrimination.

In fact, I don't know of any place where you can't walk out of your house as ANY color and be discriminated against, unless you live in certain areas that are prone to racism (for example, a white guy moving to the projects, a black guy moving to a hillbilly racist town, etc.)

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Man I really feel for the members here. I would hate to be a White Middle Aged Christian Male (WMACM). The amount of disrespect, racism, sexism, discrimination, criticism, hatred against you, and labeling you receive just for being you, is too much for me to handle.

I mean it's rough, how your group of people were brought over here and forced into slave labor, how being forced into that same slave labor has develop certain cultural traits of your people which today your people now happen to get ridiculed and discriminated against for. How you guys have been killed, beaten, raped, segregated, and called derogatory names.

Oh wait that wasn't the WMACM.

Ok, I got it. How your people were oppressed by a narcissistic and sick leader who felt your people were the disease of the world and should be eliminated. How this leader ordered the deaths of millions of your people.

Crap, that's not the WMACM either.

Alright, this is it. How your people, the WMACM, have been the victims of genocide, simply because your beliefs may be different or because your live in a certain demographical area.

Wait, no that's not you guys either.

Alright, this has to be it. How your people were denied basic human rights because of the person you happen to love? How loving that certain person has gotten you bullied, killed, assaulted, and condemned to hell for simply being you.

This is a tough world to live in when you're a White Christian Middle Aged Male. Constantly getting funny looks at your local Starbucks.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Man I really feel for the members here. I would hate to be a White Middle Aged Christian Male (WMACM). The amount of disrespect, racism, sexism, discrimination, criticism, hatred against you, and labeling you receive just for being you, is too much for me to handle.

I mean it's rough, how your group of people were brought over here and forced into slave labor, how being forced into that same slave labor has develop certain cultural traits of your people which today your people now happen to get ridiculed and discriminated against for. How you guys have been killed, beaten, raped, segregated, and called derogatory names.

Ok, I got it. How your people were oppressed by a narcissistic and sick leader who felt your people were the disease of the world and should be eliminated. How this leader ordered the deaths of millions of your people.

Alright, this is it. How your people, the WMACM, have been the victims of genocide, simply because your beliefs may be different or because your live in a certain demographical area.

Alright, this has to be it. How your people were denied basic human rights because of the person you happen to love? How loving that certain person has gotten you bullied, killed, assaulted, and condemned to hell for simply being you.

This is a tough world to live in when you're a White Christian Middle Aged Male. Constantly getting funny looks at your local Starbucks.
And... </thread>

Owned by Dirty Dan.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Let me ask you this. How does anyone know your religious beliefs unless you're out talking about it?

The only thing they can gather by looking at you is that you're white, and a male. And I'm not sure what part of the country you're in, but I don't know of any places where you can't walk out of your house as a white male and be the target of discrimination.

In fact, I don't know of any place where you can't walk out of your house as ANY color and be discriminated against, unless you live in certain areas that are prone to racism (for example, a white guy moving to the projects, a black guy moving to a hillbilly racist town, etc.)
You just brought up something I mentioned. Most of the time people no longer say what religion they belong to. It becomes ammo to be used against them. I sometimes have a Bible about or discussions may lead to me explaining something. Or often I simply get outright asked. I speak a little Arabic, French, Spanish, and Akan thanks to how many people I work with from overseas. Generally I know a lot about cultures and sometimes end up preempting people with a phrase they don't expect a white guy to know or an understanding of what they are about to ask before they ask it because I am aware of holidays, beliefs, culture. Right now at work I offered to move schedules around for a group who are observing Ramadan. Did I have to? Absolutely not but it is in my ways to be helpful. As such there is usually many questions asked of me(A white guy speaking an African tribal language raises eyebrows) and they often inquire of my faith. Once one person knows, everyone knows. That is how things work. I don't proclaim it on the streets but in any group that I partake in for a long period of time inevitably situations arise that result in my background coming out. Or one of my habits are observed, or they see a cross sitting on the dash in my car so they ask.

But I don't run around proclaiming it. In fact sometimes when people find out they are extremely surprised because as I said I am generally extremely scientific in my ways. I am a transhumanist evolution believing individual who perceives mankind's ascension to the next stage as coming through engineered augmentation and the melding of biotech with our own natural beings. And yes, I am a Christian.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
And... </thread>

Owned by Dirty Dan.
If a quick bit of personal opinion iterated in the form of cynical satire has the final say in a thread about the current impact on a specific social group in a complex society that is in the middle of a rather large culture shift then I have bad news for you...

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
You just brought up something I mentioned. Most of the time people no longer say what religion they belong to. It becomes ammo to be used against them. I sometimes have a Bible about or discussions may lead to me explaining something. Or often I simply get outright asked. I speak a little Arabic, French, Spanish, and Akan thanks to how many people I work with from overseas. Generally I know a lot about cultures and sometimes end up preempting people with a phrase they don't expect a white guy to know or an understanding of what they are about to ask before they ask it because I am aware of holidays, beliefs, culture. Right now at work I offered to move schedules around for a group who are observing Ramadan. Did I have to? Absolutely not but it is in my ways to be helpful. As such there is usually many questions asked of me(A white guy speaking an African tribal language raises eyebrows) and they often inquire of my faith. Once one person knows, everyone knows. That is how things work. I don't proclaim it on the streets but in any group that I partake in for a long period of time inevitably situations arise that result in my background coming out. Or one of my habits are observed, or they see a cross sitting on the dash in my car so they ask.

But I don't run around proclaiming it. In fact sometimes when people find out they are extremely surprised because as I said I am generally extremely scientific in my ways. I am a transhumanist evolution believing individual who perceives mankind's ascension to the next stage as coming through engineered augmentation and the melding of biotech with our own natural beings. And yes, I am a Christian.
Well you sound like a very intelligent guy (and I'm being serious, I know it's hard to tell through writing), so I guess I'm just wondering why you let others opinions get to you?

If they find out your beliefs and ridicule you or whatever, then f*ck em. Cut them out of your life and move on.

And yes, I think all the other groups need to adopt this attitude too. Trust me, I get annoyed when I see any race or specific type of people complaining about how unfairly they are treated.

We live in a country where I truly believe anyone can make something of themselves, regardless of how they are brought up or their ethnic background. The only person that can hold you back is yourself and your own limiting beliefs.

If a quick bit of personal opinion iterated in the form of cynical satire has the final say in a thread about the current impact on a specific social group in a complex society that is in the middle of a rather large culture shift then I have bad news for you...
I was messin around. It was a funny post.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

my great grandparents left germany soon after hitler took over, if you want to feel sorry for anyone feel sorry for the jew's who suffered though the holocaust, and today are again being persecuted. american slavery of blacks ended well before any of 'my' people were here in this country, how am i responsible for that?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Well you sound like a very intelligent guy (and I'm being serious, I know it's hard to tell through writing), so I guess I'm just wondering why you let others opinions get to you?

If they find out your beliefs and ridicule you or whatever, then f*ck em. Cut them out of your life and move on.

And yes, I think all the other groups need to adopt this attitude too. Trust me, I get annoyed when I see any race or specific type of people complaining about how unfairly they are treated.

We live in a country where I truly believe anyone can make something of themselves, regardless of how they are brought up or their ethnic background. The only person that can hold you back is yourself and your own limiting beliefs.
Because often times my job can be on the line. Where as I have had individuals say things to my face that are extremely insulting, I am not allowed to ever make any remark. Not that I really ever wanted to but I know the results of what would happen if I did. Which irks me. There is no option for me but to be the bigger man, to be a professional. Only one time have I ever seen a white guy in leadership make improper remarks that I thought he should have been fired on the spot for only to experience him getting away with it. Which pissed me off because he is the kind of guy giving people fuel to make all these claims about whites. Something that irks you more about that situation is you know he is leaving for another great position and will likely never change.

And anyone CAN make anything of themselves. But we have entire sub-cultures dedicated to blaming other races for being in their way. Which is bullcrap because today if you want it, you can get it. It might just take 8 years of bettering yourself and hard work so it's just easier to blame somebody who looks different.

I think what really irks me is that if you look at America, and most of Europe you see a trend. Their local cultures are being tossed in the backseat in order to make other groups feel better. I am German and Irish. Which is funny because having an Irish background means I was indeed a slave at one point. A part of history often forgotten because it creates equality and balance and takes away a convenient excuse some cultures like to use as a crutch.

I am with you on the fact that we all need to look to the future. The reality is that human survival depends on colonizing other planets. Which is going to likely come from private companies with how poorly most advanced world governments are doing in regards to space exploration. So what happens when a colonized planet with massive amounts of resources is allowed to develop and advance by itself for a thousand years? What will they think of earth, and those of us who still argue over stupid crap back here on Terra? What kind of segregation and separation happens then? And who can enforce what on that size of a scale? The future will be interesting and full of war and the same type of racial tensions we have today relabeled and placed on a bigger scale.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I love you, Dirty Dan!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i agree 100 % with this post....i am tired of being used as the reason anyone in this country can't live up to their potential!!!

well said!!!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Because often times my job can be on the line. Where as I have had individuals say things to my face that are extremely insulting, I am not allowed to ever make any remark. Not that I really ever wanted to but I know the results of what would happen if I did. Which irks me. There is no option for me but to be the bigger man, to be a professional. Only one time have I ever seen a white guy in leadership make improper remarks that I thought he should have been fired on the spot for only to experience him getting away with it. Which pissed me off because he is the kind of guy giving people fuel to make all these claims about whites. Something that irks you more about that situation is you know he is leaving for another great position and will likely never change.

And anyone CAN make anything of themselves. But we have entire sub-cultures dedicated to blaming other races for being in their way. Which is bullcrap because today if you want it, you can get it. It might just take 8 years of bettering yourself and hard work so it's just easier to blame somebody who looks different.

I think what really irks me is that if you look at America, and most of Europe you see a trend. Their local cultures are being tossed in the backseat in order to make other groups feel better. I am German and Irish. Which is funny because having an Irish background means I was indeed a slave at one point. A part of history often forgotten because it creates equality and balance and takes away a convenient excuse some cultures like to use as a crutch.
Yeah I can see how it would be tough in a workplace environment not being able to say anything back. You have more willpower than I do, that's for sure. I'd be the one to let them have it and possibly get fired. But that's why I work for myself, I can piss off whoever I want and not get fired. One of the many benefits I suppose :)

And yeah the people blaming "the white man" or whoever for holding them down need to cut it out too. I totally agree.

It goes in all directions in my book. No single group of people is responsible for another group not being able to achieve something

There are successful people in this country from all different backgrounds, some of them coming from rough childhoods or growing up in poor areas, yet they still found a way.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

How about white slaves of the Barbary Coast? What about the situation in South Africa involving possible genocide directed towards whites? What does ISIS do to Christians? What about the Irish slave trade? What do you think happened to Christians who lived in a region targeted by a Jihad during the middle ages?

You have a very narrow, ignorance filled view of history

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I can see how it would be tough in a workplace environment not being able to say anything back. You have more willpower than I do, that's for sure. I'd be the one to let them have it and possibly get fired. But that's why I work for myself, I can piss off whoever I want and not get fired. One of the many benefits I suppose :)

And yeah the people blaming "the white man" or whoever for holding them down need to cut it out too. I totally agree.

It goes in all directions in my book. No single group of people is responsible for another group not being able to achieve something

There are successful people in this country from all different backgrounds, some of them coming from rough childhoods or growing up in poor areas, yet they still found a way.
you are making my point!!!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
you are making my point!!!
I don't even know what your point is anymore. You've just been ranting about god knows what.

The only point I'm trying to make is everyone needs to stop blaming others for their problems and get over it. That includes every color or sub-group of people.

You on the other hand seem to think that because of your personal beliefs and culture, that you should be exempt from the ridicule that everyone else is facing. Which, yes you shouldn't get **** for who you are anymore than someone else should. But to me it's coming off like you feel superior to others, and how dare they say anything negative about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.