WHITE CHRISTIAN MALES AND DISCRIMINATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
my great grandparents left germany soon after hitler took over, if you want to feel sorry for anyone feel sorry for the jew's who suffered though the holocaust, and today are again being persecuted. american slavery of blacks ended well before any of 'my' people were here in this country, how am i responsible for that?
My entire post was to poke humor at some of the words being thrown around in here.

I just feel like there are so many races and demographics of people such as, Blacks, Jews, Gays, villages all around the world where genocide is being committed, and the middle east, that at some point in time or currently continue to be discriminated against and have had/continue to have such terrible acts of violence committed against them.

It almost seems offensive to them to use some of the words being described here.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My entire post was to poke humor at some of the words being thrown around in here.

I just feel like there are so many races and demographics of people such as, Blacks, Jews, Gays, villages all around the world where genocide is being committed, and the middle east, that at some point in time or currently continue to be discriminated against and have had/continue to have such terrible acts of violence committed against them.

It almost seems offensive to them to use some of the words being described here.
Would you do the same thing to a man with a preference for other men after one of his buddies overseas just got thrown in jail in Pakistan for being gay? Would you tell someone from Africa to shut up and stop crying when he just got news that his village was just raided by rebels and burnt down?

To me it just didn't seem tasteful in a situation where someone is obviously emotionally charged about something because they feel like everything that represents who they are is being targeted.

I think that the whole point of this thread still goes back to the fact that everyone else is allowed to complain EXCEPT people who fit the description of this thread. Because then they deal with this...

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love you, Dirty Dan!!!!
I love you too Puccah

I love every one for that matter, and I hope that someday everyone else will love each other no matter what skin color, race, religious belief, sexual orientation, and demographic you may be.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't even know what your point is anymore. You've just been ranting about god knows what.

The only point I'm trying to make is everyone needs to stop blaming others for their problems and get over it. That includes every color or sub-group of people.

You on the other hand seem to think that because of your personal beliefs and culture, that you should be exempt from the ridicule that everyone else is facing. Which, yes you shouldn't get **** for who you are anymore than someone else should. But to me it's coming off like you feel superior to others, and how dare they say anything negative about you.
geez...are you ignorant or what?

the point of the thread is stop blaming me for everyone's problems!!!

if anyone is coming off like they are trying to be superior it is you-look in the mirror!!!

i really hope you are not mentally challenged, then i will feel bad for calling you ignorant.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
geez...are you ignorant or what?

the point of the thread is stop blaming me for everyone's problems!!!

if anyone is coming off like they are trying to be superior it is you-look in the mirror!!!

i really hope you are not mentally challenged, then i will feel bad for calling you ignorant.
I think JXiiXViii's point is that not everyone is. Ignorant people are often very outspoken, wise and intelligent individuals tend to be more focused on being productive for society and generally ignore social and political drama. What we experience for the most part are people who are trying to get under our skin because they lack any value themselves in society. Every society has arseholes as well as altruistic individuals. The problem is currently in some of these other cultures, or some sub-cultures in America, the altruist can be punished or shamed by the outspoken arsehole.

Think of how a peace loving Muslim who accepts Christians as friends in the wrong nation right now can be killed for doing so. As such they have a very shallow voice because a group of psychotic arseholes will kill them if they speak up.

But other races also base the image of white people on what single American companies are doing over in their homeland. Maybe exploiting the local people, or damaging the environment mining for a specific resource. Because the only voice they ever here is that companies arsehole voice.

So what you end up with is the ignorant pricks taking advantage of the emotionally charged and concerned individuals and manipulating all their voices into a funnel towards you(us) as a group. But it goes both ways. We sometimes fall victim to the same hive mind effect.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think JXiiXViii's point is that not everyone is. Ignorant people are often very outspoken, wise and intelligent individuals tend to be more focused on being productive for society and generally ignore social and political drama. What we experience for the most part are people who are trying to get under our skin because they lack any value themselves in society. Every society has arseholes as well as altruistic individuals. The problem is currently in some of these other cultures, or some sub-cultures in America, the altruist can be punished or shamed by the outspoken arsehole.

Think of how a peace loving Muslim who accepts Christians as friends in the wrong nation right now can be killed for doing so. As such they have a very shallow voice because a group of psychotic arseholes will kill them if they speak up.

But other races also base the image of white people on what single American companies are doing over in their homeland. Maybe exploiting the local people, or damaging the environment mining for a specific resource. Because the only voice they ever here is that companies arsehole voice.

So what you end up with is the ignorant pricks taking advantage of the emotionally charged and concerned individuals and manipulating all their voices into a funnel towards you(us) as a group.
it seems like it was easy enough for you to understand my point!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
it seems like it was easy enough for you to understand my point!!!
But we are all separate organisms with different emotional triggers. I think JX perceives this thread in the same aspect we perceive the guy in the ghetto with a long history of poor life choices(Drugs, violence, arrests) blaming people with a lighter skin tone for everything that is wrong with his life.

I can understand his perception. But I also have been trying to point out that no one is critical of that guy making those complaints, but they are critical when someone from this side of the fence makes a complaint.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But we are all separate organisms with different emotional triggers. I think JX perceives this thread in the same aspect we perceive the guy in the ghetto with a long history of poor life choices(Drugs, violence, arrests) blaming people with a lighter skin tone for everything that is wrong with his life.

I can understand his perception. But I also have been trying to point out that no one is critical of that guy making those complaints, but they are critical when someone from this side of the fence makes a complaint.
that is what i have been saying all along...maybe he just has poor reading comprehension skills?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
that is what i have been saying all along...maybe he just has poor reading comprehension skills?
He is a human being and as such is prone to interpreting things in his own way. As we all are and all do.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He is a human being and as such is prone to interpreting things in his own way. As we all are and all do.
funny thing is he agrees with what i was saying and doesn't even know it, lol!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If everyone is under attack could you please point out the equal coverage of the attacks as well as the equal number of people propagating said attacks in order to further a political ideology? I do indeed agree that every group experiences being the target at some point. But what happens when they are targeted?

You are currently showing what happens when the group this thread is dedicated to comes under attack. "Suck it up and move on". Yet if we were another combination of sex, race, religion we would be seen as a minority and thus it is an issue. We might even be able to get on the news, start a few riots, get a new bill created for "equality" that makes the legalities of owning a company even more complex and costly, etc.

In fact you are expecting me to deal with things in a specific manner because of my skin color. As an individual of the color, sex, and faith that I am you expect me to be able to cope with insults, attacks, and hate while understanding that any other group that experiences the same thing needs my subsidization, my sympathy, and ultimately for me to bend over backwards to make them feel better about themselves.

The issue is not that we are attacked, it is that it is perfectly okay to attack the group we belong to and is generally encouraged in politics, on college campuses, and in the media.
Thank you sir!

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
Flaming leftist liberal hipsters have turned the white Christian male into a hated, discriminated, minority, enemy.

Our morals and values interfere with their narcissistic selfish self serving agendas.

God Bless America!
I as a "white non-Christian" feel the values of "Christian White" pushed onto society all the time. If Christian extremists had there agendas fulfilled I'm not sure anything would be better, or less self serving.

Maybe the larger issue is that people identify so very strongly as a "Christian White Male's" and that their neighbor is a "Black Muslim Male". It's all pretty ****ing trivial. Religion belongs in your home not in public debate! And as far as the "White" aspect I understand america has a far greater racial divide than Canada but Identifying as a "Christian White Male" may be the route of the problem. Who gives a **** what race and religion you are. Most rational christians think similarly to rational muslims and similarly to rational Athiests. Same for blacks, whites, browns and yellows. Sorry if i forgot a colour but It's irrelevant. My favorite colour is blue..... but it doesn't matter!!!!!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find it a bit ironic that someone who supports the recent change for gay marriage is stating that you cannot share your frustrations about feeling discriminated against because you weren't a slave, Jew during the Nazi era, etc.

I assume your response to gay people wanting to marry wasn't this same way.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I find it a bit ironic that someone who supports the recent change for gay marriage is stating that you cannot share your frustrations about feeling discriminated against because you weren't a slave, Jew during the Nazi era, etc.

I assume your response to gay people wanting to marry wasn't this same way.
I'm not sure if this comment was about the post that I made, or not. My post as Zero V mentioned was simply cynical satire. Whether it came off as tacky or offensive in itself is a matter of opinion, but I never stated that someone is not allowed to share their opinions and frustrations on feeling discriminated.

I simply made an observation that some of the words being described, and the general tone of some posts seem a bit "excessive" in the way they describe how they are being discriminated against. I highlighted the fact that there are other demographic groups who have been discriminated against to the point of both mental and physical abuse being done against them.

My personal opinion is that I can see valid points being made on both sides of the argument, and I just wish everyone got along and love each other no matter what your background may be.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure if this comment was about the post that I made, or not. My post as Zero V mentioned was simply cynical satire. Whether it came off as tacky or offensive in itself is a matter of opinion, but I never stated that someone is not allowed to share their opinions and frustrations on feeling discriminated.

I simply made an observation that some of the words being described, and the general tone of some posts seem a bit "excessive" in the way they describe how they are being discriminated against. I highlighted the fact that there are other demographic groups who have been discriminated against to the point of both mental and physical abuse being done against them.

My personal opinion is that I can see valid points being made on both sides of the argument, and I just wish everyone got along and love each other no matter what your background may be.
I get that, but who are you to say they are excessive? One could argue that even bringing up slavery is excessive, because there isn't a person alive in this country that was a slave (in the terms mentioned previously).

Suggesting a tone is off limits because someone had it worse on the past is absurd. You don't 'feel' as others do, but they may.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Me, I give a rats arse what someone thinks if I say something that "offends" them. People need to remember - "it's not what someone says that offends you but merely how you interpret what was said".
News media is the cause for a lot that goes on. They sensationalize what will propel ratings($$$).
A white guy kills blacks and it causes all kinds of chaos. Blacks kidnap, torture, and kill a couple teenagers(Knoxville TN a few years back) and it barely makes national news. Part of their defense was they were raised to hate whites, parents fault.
Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage - a gay couple wants to be married by a certain pastor at a certain church. Now both could be brought up on charges of they don't do the marriage, but, it would also be a first amendment violation to force church and pastor.

I sit back and wonder where this country went wrong sometimes.

My biggest gripe is with the media and social media.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Media controls the popular opinion. Instead of reporting just the "facts" they report what they think will advance their agenda. Combine this with biased and racist social media, and people taking offense to everything, and what results is the perfect tinderbox.

People live in a constant state of being bombarded with negative and biased information. This is resulting in extremely high stress levels for everyone. This means we are all ready to "attack" everything or anyone at any time!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Me, I give a rats arse what someone thinks if I say something that "offends" them. People need to remember - "it's not what someone says that offends you but merely how you interpret what was said".
News media is the cause for a lot that goes on. They sensationalize what will propel ratings($$$).
A white guy kills blacks and it causes all kinds of chaos. Blacks kidnap, torture, and kill a couple teenagers(Knoxville TN a few years back) and it barely makes national news. Part of their defense was they were raised to hate whites, parents fault.
Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage - a gay couple wants to be married by a certain pastor at a certain church. Now both could be brought up on charges of they don't do the marriage, but, it would also be a first amendment violation to force church and pastor.

I sit back and wonder where this country went wrong sometimes.

My biggest gripe is with the media and social media.
The current media, those who control the social media(Think of Pao and what she is doing to Reddit), and college campuses are all following a specific agenda at the moment. And not it is not to boost ratings, it is a far bigger problem than that.

As some people are saying this is creating a situation of high tensions. Although I think, and if you pay attention to some of the moves they are doing, that tension actually scares them somewhat because they are at a pivotal point. There are reasons all over the world people are getting fed up with political correctness. Soon the right opportunity will present itself to send the boat down with the opposition as the captain which will give "proof, evidence, facts" to those out there watching this nation to be able to rally people against the current causes that are championed state side.

Actually if you have noticed a sudden shift in "support" of ideologies from the left it is not really because any of us support them. It is kind of a hot potato game if you will, just on a massive scale involving political maneuvers and impacting millions of lives.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
If only it worked that way. If only. But it does not. Too many ideologies under one roof generates problems. From a sociological standpoint the unicorn concept(What I call the belief people have that we can all just get along, because it is about as attainable as finding a unicorn is) makes little sense as it serves no biological function. In fact it can be detrimental to a mans most basic instincts.

A nation only has a finite amount of resources. If you have those resources divided up among too many parties of interest the nation becomes stagnant as it loses forward motion. That stagnation leads to a deadly disease where citizens of that nation lose their identity. Which further evolves into other problems and ultimately the results of this decades down the road is violence.

Not a pretty end but the guaranteed end if we continue down the current path as a country. Because each separate entity inside the boundaries of the nation will eventually have to go for the resources that the other has in order to survive. It starts off with political maneuvers and shifting support for policies. But over time the impact becomes physical. It starts to have an effect on trade, job growth, the economy as a whole.

turff49

turff49

Awards
And where does it ever end. What about Polygamist? Should they be discriminated against now? I saw where it was going to the Supreme Court too.
And what about beastiality. Should a guy be denied marrying a horse? Seems ridiculous but Pandora's box was opened awhile back.
This "great" nation was built on Christian values over 200 years ago. We definitely lost our identity along the way and that's been in the last 40 years.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone wants complete freedom but fails to think it all through. For example, certain religions think infidels should be killed. So this religion should be allowed to be practiced in the United States?! I don't think so. There are "limits" to "freedom" to do whatever the hell you want!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people see things only in black/white

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1436020819.130518.jpg

And can't appreciate the many colors of the issue

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1436020903.669707.jpg

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1436021392.725897.jpg

T

Thebuffcat

Awards
Separation of church and state, my friend. There's a right religious freedom, but not the right to use your religion to impose other's beliefs. You are already protected for the first one...so there's really nothing else to protect you against?

T

Thebuffcat

Awards
I support the Meninist Movement!
If you support anything that openly shames or perpetuates yourself as superior to other people, dude, you should be ashamed of yourself. The original point of feminism isn't what most people see it as today. Look up equality feminism and don't support anything less than that...I honestly don't support fem-nazis either, but it isn't a good portrayal of the movement.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man I really feel for the members here. I would hate to be a White Middle Aged Christian Male (WMACM). The amount of disrespect, racism, sexism, discrimination, criticism, hatred against you, and labeling you receive just for being you, is too much for me to handle.

I mean it's rough, how your group of people were brought over here and forced into slave labor, how being forced into that same slave labor has develop certain cultural traits of your people which today your people now happen to get ridiculed and discriminated against for. How you guys have been killed, beaten, raped, segregated, and called derogatory names.

Oh wait that wasn't the WMACM.

Ok, I got it. How your people were oppressed by a narcissistic and sick leader who felt your people were the disease of the world and should be eliminated. How this leader ordered the deaths of millions of your people.

Crap, that's not the WMACM either.

Alright, this is it. How your people, the WMACM, have been the victims of genocide, simply because your beliefs may be different or because your live in a certain demographical area.

Wait, no that's not you guys either.

Alright, this has to be it. How your people were denied basic human rights because of the person you happen to love? How loving that certain person has gotten you bullied, killed, assaulted, and condemned to hell for simply being you.

This is a tough world to live in when you're a White Christian Middle Aged Male. Constantly getting funny looks at your local Starbucks.
Yeah, because those who were not slaves had it easy. Superficial understanding of History at its worst and ironically written by someone who is benefiting from the hard acts of men in an earlier age. If we were back then we could be equal parts slave, slaver, abolitionist or neither. Slavery was an accepted practice. Wars of conquest were accepted. Life short and brutal for most folk. Society was stratified and humans were basically biological machines working alongside animals. Unless you had royal blood very wealthy you were nothing but a tool for others. At least now we tools have loads of creature comforts, education, regular food supply and medical care. -Items which were in short supply to the majority of people in the eras in question.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is the way is SHOULD be. However, humans never let things be, and find it entirely necessary to impose themselves onto others. When you take this thread into consideration and combine it with some of the nonsense that was in the gay marriage thread, and it is a prime example. It is humorous to me that those who's historical "relatives" have been the proponent of the discrimination, dont like it when it is done to them. I dont excuse discrimination of any kind, but the karma that this country goes through on a regular basis is quite ironic.

Please also understand, this is coming from someone who at 39 years old, was raised Jewish but is a non-theist at heart. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of times I was told "you killed Jesus" or "you are going to hell" and the like. I do not complain, I took those comments as an opportunity. An opportunity to have a conversation. Most of those who said those things to me did not want the conversation and quickly walked away :)

Also, bear this in mind. At 39, being a larger, muscular guy, with a shaved head (thank you mother nature) and countless tattoos, I cannot go anywhere in a tank top. If I walk in a store, even with my 12 year old daughter, I get followed. Thats discrimination as well. So be it....it does not matter at all.

At the end of the day, to all of those whining in here, your life and your perceptions of it, are what you make of it. I would suggest try for a moment another perspective. Stop feeling as though you are being victimized. Its the other people's short sightedness that is causing it, and not you. Very similar to the bs that was in the gay marriage thread.

Have a nice day

/rant

turff49

turff49

Awards
Stereotyping yes, discrimination no. Human nature there. People do an initial judgement based on how you carry yourself and what your appearance is.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone wants complete freedom but fails to think it all through. For example, certain religions think infidels should be killed. So this religion should be allowed to be practiced in the United States?! I don't think so. There are "limits" to "freedom" to do whatever the hell you want!
So you don't think Christianity should be allowed in the US?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stereotyping yes, discrimination no. Human nature there. People do an initial judgement based on how you carry yourself and what your appearance is.
Disagree entirely. It is a stereotype which is discrimination.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Disagree entirely. It is a stereotype which is discrimination.
Maybe in your eyes but a necessity. Tell the military and police not to stereotype.
Hence the saying if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck. Not always but more times than not.

T

Thebuffcat

Awards
The limits of freedom of expression are based off of whether or not you're directly restricting someone else's rights. You have the right to practice your religion here. There are some countries where citizens have been forced into a universal religion and have been either (a) ostracized from a community entirely or (b) executed upon non-compliance. My point is that in religion, there will always be extremists, but that is not an accurate representation of religion as a whole. Should extremism be allowed at the represent that religion and shape it into something destructive & hateful? No...probably not, but it happens. I strongly believe everyone should be able to co-exist as long as they do so without stepping all over each other.

*shrug*

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Too many people are confusing "discrimination" with "prejudice". While discrimination can be a direct result of prejudice, prejudice does not always result in the act of discrimination.

"Discrimination - The treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit."

In essence, a person must be effected by discrimination in a way that is outside of their own control ( eg. denied a job, service, or a right ). in order to be discriminated against or, in some cases, in favor of. This is why ( in many societies ) some laws & amendments are created and sometimes changed or reversed to protect the rights of individuals within that society.

"Discrimination" is not about the vocalization or expression of views and beliefs. In the United States we have the First Amendment to protect a person's right to express their views, however much you or I may disagree with them, so long as they do not prevent another individual from being afforded the same rights and freedoms. Discrimination is an act not a thought.

Feel free to debate, argue, ignore, like, love and even hate whomever you chose. Nobody can stop you... at least not in the the United States. Just don't confuse the right to free speech with the right to discriminate. Regardless of your race, religion, sex or economic class, you should have the ability to live your life the way you so chose, so long as it doesn't prevent someone else from doing the same.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its the other people's short sightedness that is causing it, and not you. Very similar to the bs that was in the gay marriage thread.
I agree wholeheartedly on the short sightedness and I believe I have even used that term. My experience has been (in that thread and many others of which have contained the same anti-christian tone and characters) that they have already (pre)judged us (me) because they know I am a "white christian male" and immediately begin the ridicule and slanderous posting toward us (me) and anything I post in support of my view or opinion on just about anything.

It happens much more on social media and forum outlets where there is anonymity and security behind their keyboard. The reality on this forum is that the white christian male is a minority and the liberal left hipster crowd is the predominant posters and seemingly most dominant in the social media/forum arena. It's a safe place to pick and chose where and when they can share their liberal love with the white christian male.

I've had complete newbie member strangers read up on my post history and profile to dig up **** to insult and attack me with. Absolutely no motivation to have a discussion with someone of a differing view or opinion. A motive to simply attack and insult.

My favorite is when the uber Christian hater Piston Honda makes nasty personal insults. In person he might get away with it once because I gave him a pass. As much as I try to respect everyone he persistently displays a vindictive disdain for anything Christian. Some of the others are impotent harmless trolls.

I've always enjoyed discussion with you regardless of our differing beliefs/faith and I've learned a thing or two from you over the years. You are a veteran here and certainly must concur that some of us "white christian males" take unmerited shots form the left all day long.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Part of the issue to me is everyone talks about getting attacked, but where are these attacks happening? Are you being attacked because someone put a rainbow picture on facebook? No. Where are people getting attacked at? Is it Wal-Mart? I was just there in a small conservative town I live in and saw 0 attacks. As far as I know my parents both went to church on Sunday and didn't call me to report the attacks. I've NEVER had my door knocked on by an atheist or a homosexual but I have countless times by someone who is religious. I never felt attacked by them simply because they thought different from me. I didn't rush out talking about how my values were being trampled. I wasn't allowed to think how I wanted to think because they brought a different viewpoint than mine.

You want to see horrific things go read some yahoo articles and click on the comments. You will see people attack christians, blacks, atheists, liberals, conservatives, etc. And this is all trolling. If people feel attacked because of what someone writes on the internet you need to quit the internet guys. You can find all sorts of venom against EVERY race, viewpoint, gender, etc. If that is going to get someone all riled up then you're going to need to log off.

And if after centuries of having dominance as the majority race, sex, and religion the moment something stops going your way we act like we are the biggest victims of all time and everyone is out to get us? Seriously? I'm a white male and I don't feel one bit of attacked. My life hasn't really changed since the gay marriage decision or people saying maybe we shouldn't fly the confederate flag? I still gotta go to work. I still go lift. I still hang out with my wife and friends. I have been to plenty of public places in Kansas City and where I live and no one asked me anything about my race, sexual orientation, any of that.

I think the world needs to take a deep breath and relax and everyone on all sides needs to stop playing the victim. We live in an amazing country in arguably the best time in the history of the world with less poverty and more peace than ever. We can sit on our ass and share these viewpoints and our passion for lifting and no one stops us. I'm not religious but if one is why aren't we stopping and being thankful for how lucky we are? Hell I'm thankful even if I don't thank the big man. (God not bigt). But thanks big t! He's a good guy.

Seriously though if you use the internet where people intentionally say horrific things and write horrific things as your "judge" for what the real world is like you are always going to be disappointed. The internet and websites with huge liberal or conservative slants are designed to have people focus on differences and not similarities. The real world is always better than the virtual one. And I haven't seen anything recently to imagine that it isn't WAY more good than bad out there.

This thread needs some comedy!

[video=youtube;qg48ZZ2wYfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg48ZZ2wYfM[/video]

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree wholeheartedly on the short sightedness and I believe I have even used that term. My experience has been (in that thread and many others of which have contained the same anti-christian tone and characters) that they have already (pre)judged us (me) because they know I am a "white christian male" and immediately begin the ridicule and slanderous posting toward us (me) and anything I post in support of my view or opinion on just about anything.

It happens much more on social media and forum outlets where there is anonymity and security behind their keyboard. The reality on this forum is that the white christian male is a minority and the liberal left hipster crowd is the predominant posters and seemingly most dominant in the social media/forum arena. It's a safe place to pick and chose where and when they can share their liberal love with the white christian male.

I've had complete newbie member strangers read up on my post history and profile to dig up **** to insult and attack me with. Absolutely no motivation to have a discussion with someone of a differing view or opinion. A motive to simply attack and insult.

My favorite is when the uber Christian hater Piston Honda makes nasty personal insults. In person he might get away with it once because I gave him a pass. As much as I try to respect everyone he persistently displays a vindictive disdain for anything Christian. Some of the others are impotent harmless trolls.

I've always enjoyed discussion with you regardless of our differing beliefs/faith and I've learned a thing or two from you over the years. You are a veteran here and certainly must concur that some of us "white christian males" take unmerited shots form the left all day long.
Here is a lot here I agree with. You and I have had these discussions for years and have always been respectful regardless as to whether we agree or not. That will not change.

I also agree that in this age of social media, this is a huge problem. I do not see it as much a religious intolerance issue as it is truly a "keyboard muscle" issue. People love to force a response from others. When they get he response they want, they try to amplify it. It overall human intolerance sadly. The anonymity of the Internet is a major concern. I do agree with you, in person, people change :)

I face this daily with my work. I get yelled at and attitude from parents, kids and my own staff. Mostly email or phone. Its amazing how people won't behave that way in person. However, I make it a goal to never give them the response they want. Drives them all nuts and the behavior stops. It's hilarious to have a dad curse you out on the phone, and when you invite him to a meeting about the issue and give him the "handshake" he apologizes.

Sadly D, I have come to grips that overall people are infantile children who suck in general.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Because often times my job can be on the line. Where as I have had individuals say things to my face that are extremely insulting, I am not allowed to ever make any remark. Not that I really ever wanted to but I know the results of what would happen if I did. Which irks me. There is no option for me but to be the bigger man, to be a professional. Only one time have I ever seen a white guy in leadership make improper remarks that I thought he should have been fired on the spot for only to experience him getting away with it. Which pissed me off because he is the kind of guy giving people fuel to make all these claims about whites. Something that irks you more about that situation is you know he is leaving for another great position and will likely never change.

And anyone CAN make anything of themselves. But we have entire sub-cultures dedicated to blaming other races for being in their way. Which is bullcrap because today if you want it, you can get it. It might just take 8 years of bettering yourself and hard work so it's just easier to blame somebody who looks different.

I think what really irks me is that if you look at America, and most of Europe you see a trend. Their local cultures are being tossed in the backseat in order to make other groups feel better. I am German and Irish. Which is funny because having an Irish background means I was indeed a slave at one point. A part of history often forgotten because it creates equality and balance and takes away a convenient excuse some cultures like to use as a crutch.

I am with you on the fact that we all need to look to the future. The reality is that human survival depends on colonizing other planets. Which is going to likely come from private companies with how poorly most advanced world governments are doing in regards to space exploration. So what happens when a colonized planet with massive amounts of resources is allowed to develop and advance by itself for a thousand years? What will they think of earth, and those of us who still argue over stupid crap back here on Terra? What kind of segregation and separation happens then? And who can enforce what on that size of a scale? The future will be interesting and full of war and the same type of racial tensions we have today relabeled and placed on a bigger scale.
Isn't this the same thing as blacks complaining about slavery when they aren't 150 years old?

Just busting your balls, it caught my eye. I agree with most everything you've said here.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This would get more sympathy if you didn't do it yourself. A motive to simply attack and insult someone who had a different view than you. And in a thread where NO one had posted anything of that nature until you did.

We should have illuminated the White House in RED in celebration of legalized abortions.

Pitiful liberal hipsters.

You fools will have us living in a country under a rainbow flag with a big red dot in the middle (don't forget China owns us). Embarrassing society we live in.
Your government just illuminated the White House in rainbow colors to celebrate gay marriage! Are you dense? You hipster JO's have crossed the line!
We should all have respectful discussions on all sides and if you look at my posting history in any of these type of debates I think I usually do. You just can't complain about the way you're getting insulted and treated if you are going to do the same thing to other people. Same in this thread as well David. If you want a conversation without insults and attacks then do not use them. These things have a way of going downhill big time when the rhetoric turns spiteful. People should ask themselves in these type of threads if they want to have an actually conversation or just vent and hope for internet fights.

Typically I'm looking at these type of threads for conversation, enlightenment, having my viewpoint challenged etc. Not just insults flung about from both sides. For that to happen everyone needs to actually be respectful of other viewpoints.

It's the 4th though and everyone should quit whining about the downfall of America. This is not the first time her fall has been predicted and it won't be the last. Have fun with family and friends. Talk to someone who feels different from you. Help out a stranger. If we want a better world where everyone is more respectful let's make it that way.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would get more sympathy if you didn't do it yourself. A motive to simply attack and insult someone who had a different view than you. And in a thread where NO one had posted anything of that nature until you did.

We should all have respectful discussions on all sides and if you look at my posting history in any of these type of debates I think I usually do. You just can't complain about the way you're getting insulted and treated if you are going to do the same thing to other people. Same in this thread as well David. If you want a conversation without insults and attacks then do not use them. These things have a way of going downhill big time when the rhetoric turns spiteful. People should ask themselves in these type of threads if they want to have an actually conversation or just vent and hope for internet fights.

Typically I'm looking at these type of threads for conversation, enlightenment, having my viewpoint challenged etc. Not just insults flung about from both sides. For that to happen everyone needs to actually be respectful of other viewpoints.

It's the 4th though and everyone should quit whining about the downfall of America. This is not the first time her fall has been predicted and it won't be the last. Have fun with family and friends. Talk to someone who feels different from you. Help out a stranger. If we want a better world where everyone is more respectful let's make it that way.
your recollection of the chronology of posts is where you are in error. I address accordingly and any deviation from respectfullness on my part is commensurate. But of course as is tradition I'll be held to a different standard.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
your recollection of the chronology of posts is where you are in error. I address accordingly and any deviation from respectfullness on my part is commensurate. But of course as is tradition I'll be held to a different standard.
Posts in this thread before you deviated from respectfulness:

0. (you were the first to respond).

Posts in same sex marriage thread:

5th post.

Posts not by you in that thread and what they said:

1. Should have happened years ago.

2. Absolutely it's about damn time.

No error was made in my "recollection" the evidence is easy to see. In both of those threads it's pretty objective that you were the first one to go down the angry and disrespectful path with the harshest rhetoric. You're not being held to a different standard my man you're being hypocritical.

All I was attempting to point out is that those who want respect and discussions should not be disrespectful and confrontational. And I would be the first to say that to someone that thinks more like me.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Posts in this thread before you deviated from respectfulness:

0. (you were the first to respond).

Posts in same sex marriage thread:

5th post.

Posts not by you in that thread and what they said:

1. Should have happened years ago.

2. Absolutely it's about damn time.

No error was made in my "recollection" the evidence is easy to see. In both of those threads it's pretty objective that you were the first one to go down the angry and disrespectful path with the harshest rhetoric. You're not being held to a different standard my man you're being hypocritical.

All I was attempting to point out is that those who want respect and discussions should not be disrespectful and confrontational. And I would be the first to say that to someone that thinks more like me.
My guess is you didn't see the ones making fun of someone being an alcoholic and calling people ****in idiots...since they were removed.

And the first one I think that got personal in this thread was this:

"You talk about masculinity... Nothing could make you less masculine than hate-mongering as a result of your own personal insecurities. You, David Dunn are far from "Unbreakable"... It seems you've been broken your entire life."

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geoforce

Let me clarify something to save us both time and gymnastics - there are some (would you like usernames) who have historically disrespected me and have earned the reciprocal and nothing more going forward.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My guess is you didn't see the ones making fun of someone being an alcoholic and calling people ****in idiots...since they were removed.
I didn't, but that wouldn't change anything I've said as far as the "order" of where disrespect took place. I assume those were later on after the discourse was ratcheted up? I mean his was the first post in this thread to take us down that path.

I have nothing against DD and nothing against anyone with a difference of opinion on issues like this, but I thought it was worth pointing out that he hasn't exactly been innocent from the disrespect path in this thread or the other one. I was just pointing out that complaining about a lack of respect from people while having a lack of respect for people is a losing battle. Surely you would agree.

I would never attempt to defend someone who was disgusting enough to call someone an alcoholic who had drinking problems.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geoforce

Let me clarify something to save us both time and gymnastics - there are some (would you like usernames) who have historically disrespected me and have earned the reciprocal and nothing more going forward.
You're surely right and if you've looked through mine you've seen some who've done the same thing to me (especially in the long earlier gay thread where people said horrific things about a family member of mine who was gay).

I didn't respond with disrespect and divisive rhetoric even if someone had earned it. Because it achieves nothing and gives the trolls exactly what they want. Just the way I see things. Anyways, it's getting circular and I have never had anything against you DD though I would take a bit different tack when approaching topics like this.

Not everyone who is ok with gay marriage is a flaming liberal hipster trying to destroy America. I guarantee that's not this live and let live libertarians goal. Have a great fourth my man and be positive because we live in a great time and a great world even if it changes in some ways you wouldn't hope for. Far more good than bad out there.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're surely right and if you've looked through mine you've seen some who've done the same thing to me (especially in the long earlier gay thread where people said horrific things about a family member of mine who was gay).

I didn't respond with disrespect and divisive rhetoric even if someone had earned it. Because it achieves nothing and gives the trolls exactly what they want. Just the way I see things. Anyways, it's getting circular and I have never had anything against you DD though I would take a bit different tack when approaching topics like this.

Not everyone who is ok with gay marriage is a flaming liberal hipster trying to destroy America. I guarantee that's not this live and let live libertarians goal. Have a great fourth my man and be positive because we live in a great time and a great world even if it changes in some ways you wouldn't hope for. Far more good than bad out there.
Enjoy the 4th and be safe!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't, but that wouldn't change anything I've said as far as the "order" of where disrespect took place. I assume those were later on after the discourse was ratcheted up? I mean his was the first post in this thread to take us down that path.
Saying "flaming leftist liberal" isn't an attack on you personally....its an attack on ideology as a whole. Calling you a hatemonger and stating your life is simply ****, is.

So to me...no..I agree with DD's statement about order.

I have nothing against DD and nothing against anyone with a difference of opinion on issues like this, but I thought it was worth pointing out that he hasn't exactly been innocent from the disrespect path in this thread or the other one. I was just pointing out that complaining about a lack of respect from people while having a lack of respect for people is a losing battle. Surely you would agree.
I don't know what you consider disrespectful. My line is different from yours. I don't consider "flaming leftist liberal" disrespectful if its describing a viewpoint just like I don't considienr close minded christian fascist disrespectful when addressing an ideology. If its to YOU, thats different.

I do consider someone stating my life is **** and always has been...while being a hatemonger....a bit disrespectful.

I would never attempt to defend someone who was disgusting enough to call someone an alcoholic who had drinking problems.
Well, thats what gets thrown his way more than once....and he hasn't banned them nor deleted them. He actually responded...I deleted them.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I consider that a very poor way to start a thread if your goal is for a conversation with people who have a differing opinion. In fact it'd be hard to find a worse way of starting one and indeed would be akin to me saying only hateful Christians will oppose this ruling.

Just because something isn't directed at one person in particular doesn't make it divisive and counterproductive. Especially if no one else in a thread has taken on that type of tone.

Just the way I see it.

But I do think the vast major want to just yell and not talk. And that goes for all sides.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
He didn't start it.

You didn't say divisive and counterproductive, you said disrespectful. You can be divisive and counterproductive without being personal.

Your perception on tone from a written word is just that...your perception. It's not universally accepted. If you don't like the conversation then it's your right not to participate.

"saying only hateful Christians will oppose this ruling.
"
That's what I got out of the other thread. If you oppose, you are a hate mongering religious nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.