Whey protein powder to bulk BCAA conversion

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I ran out of protein powder that I use for my post-workout shake. I tend to take 2 scoops, roughly 50g of whey protein isolate in that shake. I have a kilo of Nutraplanets' Bulk BCAA powder, 10g BCAA per scoop. Is there a conversion ratio for the two? For example, 10g BCAA = 20g protein powder?

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't be replacing your protein with BCAA's. You should be combining them.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't be replacing your protein with BCAA's. You should be combining them.
No one's replacing anything. I ran out of whey powder and until my new order comes in, I'm looking to see how many scoops of these BCAA's are equivilent to what I was taking.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Ok, well I don't quite understand what you're asking. Are you taking calorie wise?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps a more refined question is, what would the appropriate amount of BCAA's be to take post workout, should one want to supplement with them alone, rather than a whey protein powder shake?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as your getting 3 grams of leucine in 1 hour your fine.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, i drink 30-40g EAAs and BCAAs pre/intra/post workout so id say 10-15g BCAAs post workout should do the trick

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FWIW, i drink 30-40g EAAs and BCAAs pre/intra/post workout so id say 10-15g BCAAs post workout should do the trick
:biggthumpup: