What's your current favorite sleep aid? (Powder only)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've not used but a few including "HYPNOS" and "SEDATION".
The first is a bit under dosed for how many servings to be effective, and SEDATION was ridiculous to the point where 1/4 - 1/2 serving was perfect and the tub was a great value. (Now gone)

Any ideas?
I like how SEDATION made me feel sleepy, and didn't contain too much melatonin.

-M

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who makes sedation?
Vein Nutrition used to make it. It's now out of stock since last I checked well over six months ago.

I don't think they will make it again.
The profile is the best I have seen.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has Phenebut in it.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I kind of want to use this daily.
And, it's a prop blend so I don't know how much of what is in there.

I am picky when it comes to stim and products like this.
Not going to rule it out. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Redcon Fade out was good.

I've also used remfresh melatonin to cycle off of 2 years of trazadone use.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not powder, but some of my best sleep was with Iron Legions Invictus applied to feet b4 bed.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
G8 was the best...but havent used a powder sleep aid in awhile..would be interested in hearing others opinions as well

Last edited:
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In for answers as well. I like the idea of a powdered sleep aid, as every single one i've tried has been capsule.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For powders I’ve done tried og somnidren-gh .. believe they discontinued that as well

Was decent stuff .. I love anything with phenibut 2-3x a week

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t speak for powder. But B-AET and SNS Growth Factor are the best I have tried so far.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OP- why powder?

My favorite was mk677 with USP labs PowerFULL

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP- why powder?

My favorite was mk677 with USP labs PowerFULL
I can mix in my other powder sups and take less pills.
I'm no fan of prop blends either in the case of Stims or products that I'd really like to know the dosage of each component. It's not a very responsible methodology with supplements.

Respectfully though; I'd rather not take MK677 to help me sleep.
Too many sides, and USP Labs? Doesn't exist, but I get your point.

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

What dose of trazodone were you prescribed?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can mix in my other powder sups and take less pills.
I'm no fan of prop blends either in the case of Stims or products that I'd really like to know the dosage of each component. It's not a very responsible methodology with supplements.

Respectfully though; I'd rather not take MK677 to help me sleep.
Too many sides, and USP Labs? Doesn't exist, but I get your point.
Yeah, to each his own. All I know is those two together gave me he most restful sleep and outright outrageous dreams ever. Every morning waking up I was like wtf happened?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Redcon FADEOUT is really close to the label and it has Arginine w/ Ornithine 2:1 ratio.
This may be better! Just picked up a tub on Amazon (Grape)
For this dose of Arginine : Ornithine in caps it would be $15-22 alone separate.

Thanks!
Will report back.
It arrives Wednesday, I'll post up on Thursday.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fade out is a good shout. Does contain melatonin but phenibut has been removed. I've found half scoops can be effective.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Redcon FADEOUT is really close to the label and it has Arginine w/ Ornithine 2:1 ratio.
This may be better! Just picked up a tub on Amazon (Grape)
For this dose of Arginine : Ornithine in caps it would be $15-22 alone separate.

Thanks!
Will report back.
It arrives Wednesday, I'll post up on Thursday.
Great!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I knew I could count on everyone for fantastic suggestions!

- Thankful!, M

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hands down favorite and still use when needed to this day: GABA @ 3-5 grams. It is a powder, mixed in water, little flavor.
It works at the lower 500 mg dose, relaxes the thoughts that keep me awake. But, at 3 g and higher, the vivid dreams and deep sleep are awesome.
Very inexpensive too.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hands down favorite and still use when needed to this day: GABA @ 3-5 grams. It is a powder, mixed in water, little flavor.
It works at the lower 500 mg dose, relaxes the thoughts that keep me awake. But, at 3 g and higher, the vivid dreams and deep sleep are awesome.
Very inexpensive too.
While I don't dispute GABA as being effective, I would suggest that someone using for the first time consider starting out at a MUCH lower level to assess tolerance. At anything above 1 gram - I get a shortness of breath. I don't know how common that is, and I may just be sensitive to it, but though I would pass that on with the best of intentions.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FADE OUT has 3g of GABA.
I was going to start with 1/2 dose, also because of the Melatonin.
( I'm best with 1-3mg )

I really like this Profile.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very inexpensive too.
So, to me, this is a highly under-rated sleep ingredient. A lot of people will say, "Oh, GABA doesn't cross the BBB" - well, who cares? It is relaxing, and regardless of how it works, it gives a lot of people good sleep. It is also good for general health and has some anti-diabetic properties potentially.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
While I don't dispute GABA as being effective, I would suggest that someone using for the first time consider starting out at a MUCH lower level to assess tolerance. At anything above 1 gram - I get a shortness of breath. I don't know how common that is, and I may just be sensitive to it, but though I would pass that on with the best of intentions.
This is common. High doses make you feel like you can't breath. There is no danger to it, but it can freak people out. Some people get tingles as well, but I only get the breathing thing mildly. Neither effect is at all dangerous.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I agree 100%. Great point and advice.

Even when I take a few weeks/months off, I start with 1 - 1.5 gm knowing how I react as a previous user. I get the shortness of breath and can feel when it is coming. I force a higher respiratory rate for the 15 seconds it lasts for me. Again, great point and advice for any future users. Work your way into a higher dose if you choose to go this route. It affects us all differently.

Example: My son (18 yo at the time) had a difficult time getting to sleep his whole life. I finally introduced him to it when white noise no longer was effective. He experienced this shortness of breath 1 time out of 20 at 3 grams. I experience it 50% of the time, along with what feels like a heat flash, similar to niacin.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So, to me, this is a highly under-rated sleep ingredient. A lot of people will say, "Oh, GABA doesn't cross the BBB" - well, who cares? It is relaxing, and regardless of how it works, it gives a lot of people good sleep. It is also good for general health and has some anti-diabetic properties potentially.
When I first researched this 25 years ago, that was the scientific view regarding crossing the BBB and how it can't be effective because of this.
Interestingly, I believe how it first drew my interest was its potential positive impact on GH production, a Swiss (I could be wrong about the country) study on its positive benefits to well-trained athletes, and also a synergistic affect with clenbuterol. My memory could be wrong on all 3, but when I tried it, what kept it in my back pocket was how well I slept when using it before bed.
In the past 25 years, there have been studies about neurons/synapses/"second brain" lining the gut.
I agree with you: regardless of its mechanism of action, it can aid some users in relaxing and achieving a good nights sleep.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GABA + L-Theanine

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shortness of breath is real. Your nervous system is relaxing. Feels a bit like hyperventilation and you just can't get enough air. Has caught me out a couple of times. If it happens just lie down, concentrate on relaxed breathing and don't panic. Usually wears off within a minute or two.

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
ATP Science Z-Mag (zinc gluconate, magnesium citrate, vitamin B6, and selenium)

Gaba

L-Arginine

Melatonin

Josh141090

Awards
  • First Up Vote
ATP Science Z-Mag (zinc gluconate, magnesium citrate, vitamin B6, and selenium)

Gaba

L-Arginine

Melatonin

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have an arginine ornithine supp and Redcon Fade Out has a gram of Arginine in it along with the Gaba.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m in on this, I look for something that makes me fall asleep in a deep sleep no matter what I’m doing. I want something so strong that if I take it and go for a run I want to fall to the ground in a deep 8hr sleep midway.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m in on this, I look for something that makes me fall asleep in a deep sleep no matter what I’m doing. I want something so strong that if I take it and go for a run I want to fall to the ground in a deep 8hr sleep midway.
That would be propofol :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never tried but have heard good things about blackstone labs anesthetized and that’s a powder.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trying out FADE OUT now and getting the feels. 3/4 dose.
I like the flavor. It's the grape version of sedation as there is a definite herbal flavor as well. Love it.

tokosh19

Awards
using fade out at the moment, its very strong
i have a bottle of Sleepone from Nutra one to try

I used to love AI sports 3Z and hghpro but its impossible to find anymore.........

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's a few things you can try that can help improve your sleep.

• NOW Sleep This is one of my favorites. It has 600mg of valerian root extract, Hops, Passionflower and GABA. It works great before bed or even in the middle of the night. You will sleep really good on this.
  • NOW Kava Kava is like herbal Valium. One cap works to absolutely knock me out, but 2 is also good. It has 30% kavalactones extract which is one of the highest extracts on the market and NOW is one of the safest and most trusted supplement companies out there. I also combo Kava with the next 2 supplements for added benefit.
  • NOW Sunflower Lecithin This one isn't so much a sleep supplement, but it has fatty acids and tons of choline and inositol - both of which can sort of help sleep, but the main reason I take it with kava is because the kavalactones bind to the fat and make them more orally bioavailable.
  • NOW L-Theanine 100mg Theanine is great for relaxation, anxiety and sleep. There's tons of good studies on it and they add some decaf green tea extract for added antioxidant benefit. The combo of Kava, Theanine and Lecithin will definitely knock you out.
  • Sleep Support - This is one I bought just to try and it works pretty well. But it doesn't seem to keep me asleep all night sometimes and I find Now Sleep works better, but I think it's definitely worth a buy.
  • Phenibut Phenibut is a gabapentinoid and works well for sleep. I really only use this one in emergency situations when I really cannot sleep at all because I wake up with a headache when taking this. But not everybody experiences that.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You could try taking some tryptophan 30 minutes before bed with a ‘sleepy tea’ that has valerian root, oat flower and other helpful stuff in it.

So long as you don’t have clinical long-term insomnia it should do wonders

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You could try taking some tryptophan 30 minutes before bed with a ‘sleepy tea’ that has valerian root, oat flower and other helpful stuff in it.

So long as you don’t have clinical long-term insomnia it should do wonders
and if that doesn’t work add 12.5-25mg of promethazine (available OTC in the UK, not sure about the US) to that

kck

Awards
I've not used but a few including "HYPNOS" and "SEDATION".
The first is a bit under dosed for how many servings to be effective, and SEDATION was ridiculous to the point where 1/4 - 1/2 serving was perfect and the tub was a great value. (Now gone)

Any ideas?
I like how SEDATION made me feel sleepy, and didn't contain too much melatonin.

-M
Doc Parsleys sleep aid. It's used by the Navy Seals. Its expensive, but the best I've ever used.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very inexpensive too.
Great suggestion...

I first tried GABA when AST introduced it to the marketplace in the early 1990's. Very, very effective sleep aid as it helps you fall and stay asleep, with very vivid dreams. Inexpensive, effective and way, way under-rated. It also has some good data behind it with respect to GH release. Always amuses me to see people paying obscene $ for "GH Releasers" which are typically nothing more than a mish-mash of inadequately dosed ingredients. A simple 3-5 gram serving of GABA will result in more GH being released than virtually any other natural compound - for pennies.

Now, if you want to elevate GH 24/7 then yeah, you probably want MK677 but you're going to get the water weight gain too. Not everyone likes this, as it'll crush your progress in bodyweight movements like, pronto. More than anything, GABA will improve your sleep. And given what an issue that is for so many people, I'm surprised more don't avail themselves to it...

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doc Parsleys Sleeping Aid. Navy seal doctor created to help vets sleep: https://www.docparsley.com
It's a prop blend of 1.6g of good things, don't get me wrong, but I need to know how much melatonin is in it for starters. I am not good with more than 2mg-3mg of that stuff.

I do like the tea.
I still may order it because it will round out my various sleep aids so I don't overdo on just one.

The e-book is interesting too.
Thank you!

Reactions: kck

kck

Awards
It's a prop blend of 1.6g of good things, don't get me wrong, but I need to know how much melatonin is in it for starters. I am not good with more than 2mg-3mg of that stuff.

I do like the tea.
I still may order it because it will round out my various sleep aids so I don't overdo on just one.

The e-book is interesting too.
Thank you!
It does a good job for me. I get deeper sleep when I take it. I would assume if the total of the blend is 1.6G that the melatonin is not more than 2-3G?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It does a good job for me. I get deeper sleep when I take it. I would assume if the total of the blend is 1.6G that the melatonin is not more than 2-3G?
Well melatonin is in milligrams. A lot can be hiding in a 1.6 GRAM blend. The difference between 1 mg and 5 mg is a canyon for some people.