Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, Covid Plan B is materializing. If I get really board....I will start reading the constitution. Funny thing is, we all use the constitution in our arguments and no one has ever posted an original source to back it up on here.

I guess you can't find it on Pubmed, or Dr. Mercola's site so it doesn't count.
I asked muscleupcron to copy and paste the 1st amendment, might I ask you to do so, please.

DA_MOSS

DA_MOSS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You see? You took it the wrong way. I meant that in the nicest way possible.
I didn’t take it as anything but you not wanting to admit you were wrong... just a simple deflection

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I did know that; I’m just curious as to the relevance ITT. Just randomly sharing? Cool I guess. Nothing in the first Amendment says that there is no ability to place some restrictions on the characteristics of gatherings, and this is coming from a self-proclaimed libertarian lol.
c'mon man, I know your reading comprehension level is higher than that...you have read the 1st amendment, correct?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I asked muscleupcron to copy and paste the 1st amendment, might I ask you to do so, please.
Are you suggesting that any regulation limiting assembly size in a single room/building/gathering is a violation of the first amendment? Yes or no? And there is a wrong answer...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you suggesting that any regulation limiting assembly size in a single room/building/gathering is a violation of the first amendment? Yes or no? And there is a wrong answer...
why don't you post up a copy of the 1st amendment so all can see, then we can discuss

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why don't you post up a copy of the 1st amendment so all can see, then we can discuss
I know exactly where you are going with this, so I will not allow a faulty initial premise to be accepted, as then the faulty conclusion you wish to draw from it will also have to be accepted.

I will concede that laws in this pandemic may not be able to close places of worship, but they can irrefutably place limits on the number of people that can gather in a single room/building, as these are not specific to places of worship, but in general. Or are you going to tell me that building/fire codes that limit the number of people that can peacefully assemble in a single building/room are also a violation of the First Amendment? Your logic is bad man...

If you're saying they can't close Churches (as in say NO ONE is allowed to go), you may have a point. If you're saying they can't limit the number of people per gathering and how close they are to each other, you have no valid point.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Freedom of religion means freedom to hold an opinion or belief, but not to take action in violation of social duties or subversive to good order."

Would nonessential congregating/gathering be an example of violating current social duties?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Change my avatar....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know exactly where you are going with this, so I will not allow a faulty initial premise to be accepted, as then the faulty conclusion you wish to draw from it will also have to be accepted.

I will concede that laws in this pandemic may not be able to close places of worship, but they can irrefutably place limits on the number of people that can gather in a single room/building, as these are not specific to places of worship, but in general. Or are you going to tell me that building/fire codes that limit the number of people that can peacefully assemble in a single building/room are also a violation of the First Amendment? Your logic is bad man...

If you're saying they can't close Churches (as in say NO ONE is allowed to go), you may have a point. If you're saying they can't limit the number of people per gathering and how close they are to each other, you have no valid point.
sounds like you are trying to put words in my mouth that i haven't said...
all I asked was for you to put up a copy of the 1st amendment so all can see before we discuss....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"Freedom of religion means freedom to hold an opinion or belief, but not to take action in violation of social duties or subversive to good order."

Would nonessential congregating/gathering be an example of violating current social duties?
I suggest you read the 1st amendment.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you are trying to put words in my mouth that i haven't said...
all I asked was for you to put up a copy of the 1st amendment so all can see before we discuss....
In the time you’ve spent telling me to post it multiple times, you could have posted it yourself man. If you have an argument to make, make it...

I already made mine. Now you make yours...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I suggest you read the 1st amendment.
I have, but I dont interpret it as an absolute right. That is, the right to peacably assemble can be further clarifed by challenging it in a court of law. Which has been done, and why we see the addend of violating social duties.

This is one of the reasons I dont follow any religion, because I think many absolute laws are too black and white and, well, absolute. Claiming that people have the right to assemble, without exception or limitation, is ridiculous.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
prove it!!!
Prove what? You want me to copy and paste the First Amendment? You’ve spent orders of magnitude more time telling me to do it than just doing it yourself.

Then I KNOW you’re going to say how it says how people have a right to peaceably assemble, and that Congress shall not pass laws that abridge this right. Or that they shall not pass laws prohibiting the freedom to practice religion.

Now, what you fail to realize is that there are already a ton of laws on the books that place limits on how many people can gather in a single place/building/room in a house or worship. So, unless you’re telling me that fire/building codes violate the first amendment, then the orders limiting gathering sizes during this pandemic do not violate the first amendment either.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Prove what? You want me to copy and paste the First Amendment? You’ve spent orders of magnitude more time telling me to do it than just doing it yourself.

Then I KNOW you’re going to say how it says how people have a right to peaceably assemble, and that Congress shall not pass laws that abridge this right. Or that they shall not pass laws prohibiting the exercise the freedom to practice religion.

Now, what you fail to realize is that there are already a ton of laws on the books that place limits on how many people can gather in a single place/building/room in a house or worship. So, unless you’re telling me that fire/building codes violate the first amendment, then the orders limiting gathering sizes during this pandemic do not violate the first amendment either.
orders of magnitude...thanks, bro-I needed a laugh!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have, but I dont interpret it as an absolute right. That is, the right to peacably assemble can be further clarifed by challenging it in a court of law. Which has been done, and why we see the addend of violating social duties.

This is one of the reasons I dont follow any religion, because I think many absolute laws are too black and white and, well, absolute. Claiming that people have the right to assemble, without exception or limitation, is ridiculous.
BRB, the First Amendment allows you to make bomb threats freely, and the Second Amendment allows you to own machine guns. Got it?

/sarcasm

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve forgotten more about the Founding Fathers than you’ll ever know man...
there you go again...I guess you also played the role of the wizard in the wizard of oz?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BRB, the First Amendment allows you to make bomb threats freely, and the Second Amendment allows you to own machine guns. Got it?

/sarcasm
yeah, you really know your amendments alright...NOW GET THIS see ya, time for bed. got it?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't think you have even read it..
I dont think anyone here is going to know whether it is a breach of the 1st amendment until it hits the courts, which it will:

But as the article states, as it is not specifically targeting religion, but rather all gatherings, then it might not be a breach if the 1st amendment.

It just seems weird to me that the Bible is all about your fellow man and selflessness, yet people cant stop going to church for a few weeks in order to help flatten the curve and save lives. That to me is the opposite of what the teachings of the Bible are about.

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

/sarcasm
I guess if youre religious and it fits your beliefs, it might be tempting to see the First Amendment etc as some kind of non-challengeable scripture that is omni-encompassing?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyways all the best guys, let's hope you guys can contain it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont think anyone here is going to know whether it is a breach of the 1st amendment until it hits the courts, which it will:

But as the article states, as it is not specifically targeting religion, but rather all gatherings, then it might not be a breach if the 1st amendment.

It just seems weird to me that the Bible is all about your fellow man and selflessness, yet people cant stop going to church for a few weeks in order to help flatten the curve and save lives. That to me is the opposite of what the teachings of the Bible are about.
Exactly. Good article (and the articles it links to). And you’re spot on about following the teachings of the Bible. If the only way I know you’re a Christian is because you shout it from the rooftops, then I have to wonder how well you’re actually applying said teachings. Jesus’ life WAS his greatest teaching, and an example for us to strive for, even if we are not perfect. Even people who aren’t Christian can learn from Jesus’ example. If the only time you’re a Christian is Sunday morning, then you’re just wasting your time. What about the other 6 days of the week? And the rest of Sunday? Is the point of going to Church not to help you learn to better follow the example and teachings of of Jesus? So yeah, check that attendance box on Sunday, claiming to be selfless, while you expose thousands of people to a potentially deadly virus. Talk about missing the point!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone not paying their rent/mortgage this month? Just wanted to get your opinions. Lol, property taxes are still due...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone not paying their rent/mortgage this month? Just wanted to get your opinions. Lol, property taxes are still due...
I would at least let whoever you normally pay know, maybe try to work something out with them before you just don’t pay, but I’m no lawyer, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

I did hear that they’re freezing payments on all student loans owned by the Department of Education for like 6 months IIRC.

The people I rent from already have my last month and security, and there’s been WAY more loud and disruptive building construction than they said there’d be (loud noises, less parking, no hot water some days, etc.) and now we’re stuck indoors during it, so I’m thinking they don’t really deserve full rent during this, if for their dishonesty and nothing else, and I’m not getting everything I’m paying for if I have to park at the building next door and can’t take a hot shower whenever I want.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My bank is more than willing to let me go on a mortgage "holiday", but just like any holiday, it aint free (interest can still accrue, or youre extending the term of your mortgage).

Ill only take them up on their generosity if I really trully need to.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would at least let whoever you normally pay know, maybe try to work something out with them before you just don’t pay, but I’m no lawyer, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

I did hear that they’re freezing payments on all student loans owned by the Department of Education for like 6 months IIRC.

The people I rent from already have my last month and security, and there’s been WAY more loud and disruptive building construction than they said there’d be (loud noises, less parking, no hot water some days, etc.) and now we’re stuck indoors during it, so I’m thinking they don’t really deserve full rent during this, if for their dishonesty and nothing else, and I’m not getting everything I’m paying for if I have to park at the building next door and can’t take a hot shower whenever I want.
Lol, I need that freeze! That’s shitty!!! I don’t miss renting at all!

My bank is more than willing to let me go on a mortgage "holiday", but just like any holiday, it aint free (interest can still accrue, or youre extending the term of your mortgage).

Ill only take them up on their generosity if I really trully need to.
That’s nice of your bank. I don’t want to detour from any payments at all! I have my mortgage and property taxes due this month. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m staying positive and is grateful that I am still working and is able to pay.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I need that freeze! That’s shitty!!! I don’t miss renting at all!

That’s nice of your bank. I don’t want to detour from any payments at all! I have my mortgage and property taxes due this month. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m staying positive and is grateful that I am still working and is able to pay.
From Navient:
As part of the new federal legislation passed on Friday, March 27, 2020, we are working to suspend payments on all U.S. Department of Education (ED) owned loans by 4/10/2020 – the suspension will be in place until 9/30/2020. Once your eligible loans have been updated, Navient will notify you in writing, or you can always check back to this page for any related COVID-19 updates on your Navient serviced loans.
And from Studentaid.gov:
From March 13, 2020, through Sept. 30, 2020, the interest rate is 0% on the following types of federal student loans owned by ED:

Defaulted and nondefaulted Direct Loans
Defaulted and nondefaulted FFEL Program loans
Federal Perkins Loans
Please note that some FFEL Program loans are owned by commercial lenders, and some Perkins Loans are owned by the institution you attended. These loans are not eligible for this benefit at this time.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Actually, like I said previously, my church and all in my area have suspended services until further notice as well as the churches that friends of mine go to in Atlanta. So, I don’t know how many are still gathering elsewhere but thousands of people between those 2 cities aren’t anymore. And another church I follow has 60,000 members across 17 locations who also have suspended meeting in person. I just hope we realize that a lot of us are following social distancing and quarantine orders/recommendations.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From Navient:

And from Studentaid.gov:
Thanks! I haven’t even graduated and have been bombarded with emails am from Navient. This will give me some breathing room.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly this is what I don't get. Like I don't understand. Can we just think of other people for a second?

Now again I know plenty who have shut down their churches and are doing online services or something similar, but really this is blowing my mind.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s frustrating me is I can’t find Clorox or Lysol wipes anymore. I didn’t panic buy a thousand and everything I’m seeing is out of stock for a while. Anyone know of any places still in stock that can deliver? Where’s the black market disinfectant wipes???!!! 😂

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What’s frustrating me is I can’t find Clorox or Lysol wipes anymore. I didn’t panic buy a thousand and everything I’m seeing is out of stock for a while. Anyone know of any places still in stock that can deliver? Where’s the black market disinfectant wipes???!!! 😂
My work had to provide some for us because they are sold out everywhere. It's a bit daunting. I mean to say, have they stopped producing them? What about Toilet Paper? Paper Towels? They are out everywhere.

How much does anyone need? I'd be happy with a bottle for the house that would last a month for the both of us.
It's ridiculous how many people hoarded the stuff. You can buy bleach, and put one cap full in 2-3 cups of water and then place a white rag inside so you can use that, but I'd rather not.

I'm on the constant lookout for forage some basics, and not so much for me as I am pretty much able to stay at home.
It's irritating. If I find a source then I will share it here for you guys.

Edit: Update.

I just went to Amazon, and noticed this under all hand sanitizer listings.
"Available only for hospitals and government agencies directly responding to COVID-19"

Last edited:
DA_MOSS

DA_MOSS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My work had to provide some for us because they are sold out everywhere. It's a bit daunting. I mean to say, have they stopped producing them? What about Toilet Paper? Paper Towels? They are out everywhere.

How much does anyone need? I'd be happy with a bottle for the house that would last a month for the both of us.
It's ridiculous how many people hoarded the stuff. You can buy bleach, and put one cap full in 2-3 cups of water and then place a white rag inside so you can use that, but I'd rather not.

I'm on the constant lookout for forage some basics, and not so much for me as I am pretty much able to stay at home.
It's irritating. If I find a source then I will share it here for you guys.

Edit: Update.

I just went to Amazon, and noticed this under all hand sanitizer listings.
"Available only for hospitals and government agencies directly responding to COVID-19"
There was footage on the news around here of people with buggies full of anything lysol related, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, paper towels, etc... it was crazy

Hoarding seems to have slowed down a tad, but we're about to go on full lockdown (our mayor has a conference at 11AM) and im preparing myself for the inevitable.. Im all stocked up on food and hopefully household necessities

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There was footage on the news around here of people with buggies full of anything lysol related, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, paper towels, etc... it was crazy

Hoarding seems to have slowed down a tad, but we're about to go on full lockdown (our mayor has a conference at 11AM) and im preparing myself for the inevitable.. Im all stocked up on food and hopefully household necessities
I hope everyone here is ok and remains safe. My heart goes out to all of you regardless of our leanings politically.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hope everyone here is ok and remains safe. My heart goes out to all of you regardless of our leanings politically.
thank you...I will say a prayer for you and your wife...sincerely hope you both make it thru this!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, this is news to me and I haven't seen anyone bring this up.
A friend who's a virologist told me there are two strains of Covid-19.
A strain that causes severe issues, and the other that is light on symptoms.

This could explain how some younger people are dying and quite young at that.
I had no idea.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I had no idea.
Yeah, that would make some sense. I think they are still figuring it all out though. I think the "asymptomatic" carriers may be overblown. I think they may only be the healthiest if the healthiest and not as much as we think - which is going to be a real blow to the "the death rate is lower than they say" people.

I have seen that a recent study has shown hydroxy chloroquine is NOT working. I have also seen another study that shows another anti parasitic, ivermectin, totally wipes out Covid in a Petri dish but it is way to early to say if it will be if any use in humans.

I hope it works, because I have a bottle of it in my kitchen cabinet. It is an injectable drug used mostly in veterinary medicine for things like heart worms in dogs and some use in humans. I am not about to use it on a human without more studies though.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

What area is going full lockdown?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What area is going full lockdown?
I have not heard of any area doing a full, actual "shelter-in-place," despite multiple municipalities incorrectly calling their "stay-home-stay-safe" orders "shelter-in-place." The stay home stay safe orders make exceptions for essential services, both going to them for goods/services, as well as going to work at said essential services. Going out for walks and whatnot with proper social distancing is also allowed. Under an actual shelter in place, no travel is allowed, at all, period. It's reserved for acute dangerous situations, like active shooters, bomb threats, etc.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I had no idea.
It's still mutating, so total number of strains probably won't be known until it's all over, but there were two identified pretty much at the start: S and L. I believe L is the more severe.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have not heard of any area doing a full, actual "shelter-in-place," despite multiple municipalities incorrectly calling their "stay-home-stay-safe" orders "shelter-in-place." The stay home stay safe orders make exceptions for essential services, both going to them for goods/services, as well as going to work at said essential services. Going out for walks and whatnot with proper social distancing is also allowed. Under an actual shelter in place, no travel is allowed, at all, period. It's reserved for acute dangerous situations, like active shooters, bomb threats, etc.
I live in a small city [64,000]in Indiana....our governor has us on essential workers and trips to grocery/pharmacy's. there really aren't many stores open other than the ones mentioned plus liquor stores, but Walmart and krogers are packed and most aren't following the 6 foot guideline. we have only had a handful of confirmed cases, hopefully if it get worse the people here will be more compliant.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in a small city [64,000]in Indiana....our governor has us on essential workers and trips to grocery/pharmacy's. there really aren't many stores open other than the ones mentioned plus liquor stores, but Walmart and krogers are packed and most aren't following the 6 foot guideline. we have only had a handful of confirmed cases, hopefully if it get worse the people here will be more compliant.
Town of Palm Beach in Florida has advised Publix to handle things better too:
• The Town has strongly encouraged the management of Publix to identify and implement additional solutions to ensure compliance with CDC social distancing guidelines for their customers and workers.

o We have asked that they safely limit the number of people who can be in the store at one time and better manage the flow of customers in and out of the store.
o Because of narrowness of aisles, we’ve recommended they make them one-way.
o We’ve recommended they identify a “movement coordinator” inside and outside of the store to ensure shoppers are maintaining safe distances from each other.
o We’ve requested they consider installing hand sanitizing dispensers at entrances.
o The hours of 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM appear to be peak times, so it is advised that you shop outside of these hours when the store in less busy.
https://www.townofpalmbeach.com/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=COVID19-UPDATE-for-4320-1079

Hopefully people will take this seriously and just follow proper social distancing protocols, but people suck sometimes.

That said, I'm really not a fan of places incorrectly calling their orders "shelter in place," as that's NOT what they are, and, if they ever have to issue an actual shelter in place, no one will know what it means, and it can cost lives. Stay home stay safe is what these are.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you guys have limits on how many people can be in an establishment at a time based in square footage?

We are limited to something like this:

Pharmacies: 15 people
Grocery stores: 50-75 people (sized dependent)
Lowes/Walmart: 100 people

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Town of Palm Beach in Florida has advised Publix to handle things better too:

https://www.townofpalmbeach.com/AlertCenter.aspx?AID=COVID19-UPDATE-for-4320-1079

Hopefully people will take this seriously and just follow proper social distancing protocols, but people suck sometimes.

That said, I'm really not a fan of places incorrectly calling their orders "shelter in place," as that's NOT what they are, and, if they ever have to issue an actual shelter in place, no one will know what it means, and it can cost lives. Stay home stay safe is what these are.
those are great guidelines, I wish they would issue them to the stores here where I live...limiting amount of people in store and making aisles one way sounds like very good guidelines to me. I hope my city continues to be LUCKY. as in most small city's the young people move out to bigger city's as soon as they are able and the population here is mostly older, especially with indiana state students not in school.