Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

What's best for memory. Had options, now confused.

esterno

Member
(I wrote longer message but couldnt post it, because I got error that I posted links in my post, but I didnt post any urls at all)
I am thinking about Pramiracetam or AlphaGPC or Oxiracetam. As for first time I want to try this thing, so I would buy one of these, wont do stacks.
So now what I need from nootrops is to memorise information faster and last longer :)
Which one of these Pramiracetam or AlphaGPC or Oxiracetam would You recommend, or maybe these are outdated, and You now something better than these?

I would be really really grateful for Your help :).
 
A good basic stack is a choline source, preferably CDP-Choline (250mg), Alpha-GPC (200-300mg), or choline bitartrate (2g if you're on a budget), and either Noopept (10-20mg) or a racetam (2.4g piracetam). It's generally recommended to take a choline source with a racetam to prevent headaches, and they also go well together; animal studies have shown synergy between choline and piracetam for example. If you had to pick just choline or just a racetam, I'd recommend starting with choline, if only because you should probably take it with a racetam anyway. Huperzine-A (100-200mcg) also goes well with either or both choline and racetams. Daily dosing is also better than acute doses.
 
Huperzine A, Noopept XT are the way to go here. ChocolateClen is actually reporting his personal findings on HupA right now in a log.
 
One thing is to watch out for excessive caffeine - can't post links so check out these studies

Inhibitory effects of caffeine on hippocampal neurogenesis and function. (2007)

Caffeine alters proliferation of neuronal precursors in the adult hippocampus. (2009)

^^ These studies focused on long-term caffeine usage, as opposed to the acute memory effects of caffeine which are generally positive.

One obvious reason is the adenosine receptor... quotes from the two studies - "The activation of the adenosine A2a receptor is antagonistic to the dopamine D2 receptor, which has been shown to enhance neurogenesis." & "Adenosine receptor signaling, which is antagonized by caffeine, has been shown to potentiate BDNF signaling in the hippocampus"

Neurogenesis and memory is very much linked together, so stress management is key. Acute stress due to an increase in catecholamines (namely epinephrine/norepinephrine) can reduce neuronal firing in the prefrontal cortex and impair working memory. Chronic stress (i.e. chronically elevated cortisol) can lead to long-term changes in the brain like dendritic spine loss and atrophy, affecting long-term potentiation.

^^ This is where proper nutrition, exercise, sleep hygiene, and meditation come into play.
 
I'd also give Bacopa a look. Just note that the effects aren't acute - takes a while to reap the benefits.

Invalid Link Removed
 
Thank You very much for help!
Now at my local store I can choose from Doxiderol, Alpha GPC or Huperzine A. In one website I found that Alpha got better scores for short/long memory than Huperzine A, in other site I found that Huperzine A is better. So now I cant decide between these two :/
 
Buy both then lol give them both a try. They both will work one will just be better. They aren't that expensive either
 
Ok, it should arrive on Friday :). So maybe on the end on the week or next week I already would be able to write about its effect :)
 
Ok, it should arrive on Friday :). So maybe on the end on the week or next week I already would be able to write about its effect :)
Start a log as soon as you start taking it. Track everything so we can see how it works over time for you and hopefully others
 
Definitely not noopept. For me anyways. Destroyed my short term memory...

Aniracetam is fantastic for memory and is it relaxes your mind

Pramicatam did make me a touch like a robot. but yes it did help my memory
 
About Alpha-GPC
I took some on friday/saturday. But I was exhausted and rested all day so didnt have the possibility to evaluate its effects.
Sunday I took it and started learning.
When I took it after some time, I feel that something going on in my head. I think it didnt make me more focused and concentrated, had to drink a little bit coffe. For memory, hard to say, Im not really quite sure, but I think it helped to memorize. I expected it to be better. Because its very hard to say how much it improved my memory. But to remember - it was only third day of using it. Yesterday I skipped, gonna take it again today.
If you have any questions I will be gladly to answer :)
 
Back
Top