what to name supplements...

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im thinking about starting my own supplement company and was wondering what you guys think about naming supplements after drugs?

Im talking about non-steriod drugs but actually get you high drugs. Is this really a stupid idea or am I unto something here.

example: naming a preworkout - cocaine

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want some cocaine..LOL. I dunno. Depending if it works or not.If you have a stim that makes you geeked out. Then by all means name it cocaine. And I will take 10 bottles please.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Novel idea, and I'm all about edgy! But you have to remember there's one snag in the plan... FDA. Throw up a red flag nowadays and see how far it gets ya. You might make a few bucks right off the bat due to the name drawing them into a solid product, but if you get any Fed attention - which is likely if you are selling Cocaine-abol - yeah, kinda writes itself... ;)

Good luck, though! :cheers:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree^^ You better be ready for the scrutiny!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be creative. Kokane. And all is well with the world :thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I personally wouldn't buy anything named after a drug but I'm sure you'll get some sales. VPX made a pro-hormone years ago that sold well under the name of... drumroll... GANGSTA TEST !

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cocaine is already a name of an energy drink.....they even have raw cocaine, uncut cocaine and so on

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I was just giving an example...still plenty of drug names still out there.

But yea so far more are for it than not well see, cause im really considering marketing my products this way.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally wouldn't buy anything named after a drug but I'm sure you'll get some sales. VPX made a pro-hormone years ago that sold well under the name of... drumroll... GANGSTA TEST !
Why not? and do you use the many supps named after illegal steroid? there are many

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Why not? and do you use the many supps named after illegal steroid? there are many
I buy products based on the formula. If the formula looks impressive to me and the price is right then I'll buy it. I don't buy products named after drugs because it's bad for the industry and it gets the attention of the FDA when there are products named TEST 250, D-BOL, TREN etc. Supplement companies can be their own worst enemies but they lack the balls to police themselves. Fricken gang bangers in Juvenile Hall do a better job of policing themselves !