What is Your ORAC value?--Hint inside

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Sense I didnt read the whole thread, has anyone said Kelp?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sense I didnt read the whole thread, has anyone said Kelp?
i dont think i said kelp but i did say seawead, namelly bladderwack, the kind on the beach (in so cal) that has the little poppy things lol.

I also did say clary sage...

the best way to find out what others have guessed is to put your idea into the search this thread tool at the top of the thread (different then the normal search feature) and then youll know if someone else guessed it if it pulls up a post, if not then its yours to post..

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I dont know if anyone has said it yet, but Goji berries extract?

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
OOlong Tea, Raspberry Ketones, Ginger Root, Evodiae Fructus, long pepper,

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
green tea
black tea
white tea
any other tea

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
USPLabs, when did you finish conducting ORAC testing on your new product?

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
We did not test for ORAC it already existed
Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm having a hard time understanding this. The testing of your product's actual ORAC value already existed prior to it's introduction on the market? That isn't ringing too clearly in my mind...could you elaborate a bit more as to how you know the ORAC value of your product if you've never tested it?

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm having a hard time understanding this. The testing of your product's actual ORAC value already existed prior to it's introduction on the market? That isn't ringing too clearly in my mind...could you elaborate a bit more as to how you know the ORAC value of your product if you've never tested it?
The orac of the ingredient was already known.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
If you put vitamin E in your supplement you already know the ORAC value of vitamin E so your supplement will be similar.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So from another thread we've learned there's at least 4 ingredients in Recreate:

Compound 1 New to the industry mechanism of action:

Again, a very precise extract of this substance has been shown to inhibit the enzyme 11-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, both selectively and very potently (4). In addition, it was shown to do so in muscle and adipose cells. Why is this good? 11beta-HSD1 is an enzyme responsible for converting the very weak glucocorticoid, cortisone, into the much more powerful, cortisol. We all know that excess cortisol can hamper your progress in the gym, and with the stress of living in our modern world, it’s certain that few people don’t have elevated cortisol levels. Unfortunately, this particular enzyme works against what we all as athletes and bodybuilders would like and works to increase cortisol levels. In addition, another sad bit of news is that activity of this enzyme only seems to increase as we get older (5).
By inhibiting 11beta-HSD1, it is thought that it could be used to treat obesity (reduce body fat) and improve insulin sensitivity. Additionally, a beneficial effect upon muscle mass would be expected (6).

Compound 2 New to the industry mechanism of action:

A compound found in a certain cactus plant, has a structural similarity to norepinephrine. It has both alpha and beta-adrenergic activity (9). Additionally, it directly stimulates postsynaptic receptors while enhancing the physiological effects of norepinephrine via increasing synthesis of it and inhibiting its’ reabsorption. The end result is a stimulant effect similar to ephedrine, without the “all over the place” behavior. In fact, it produces a great deal of focus.

Compound 3
Forskolin

Compound 4
Caffeine

So is compound 2 the anti-ox? Any guesses to what compounds 1 or 2 are?

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Is compound #1 either: Piperazinyl, Piperazine, Piperidine, or Pyridine in any way shape or form??

skunkman

Awards
I understand the buzz with this stuff but it has come to the point where all this hype is not exciting. It has actually starting to be annoying. All of these monkeys and guesses seem like a big joke.

I'm not saying they won't deliver on their claims but only the future will tell. These seem like pretty big claims. The last time I saw this much excitement was DS's Melting Point. Which turned out to be an average supplement. I think I will wait for a completed log as people have had this supp for awhile now and everyone seems to quit taking it after a few days. One would think that some beta testing feedback would be circulating by now considering the estimated release date is 2-3 weeks away according to Jacob.

I have to hand it to USP considering the lack of user feedback and hype you've created.:clap2:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand the buzz with this stuff but it has come to the point where all this hype is not exciting. It has actually starting to be annoying. All of these monkeys and guesses seem like a big joke.

I'm not saying they won't deliver on their claims but only the future will tell. These seem like pretty big claims. The last time I saw this much excitement was DS's Melting Point. Which turned out to be an average supplement. I think I will wait for a completed log as people have had this supp for awhile now and everyone seems to quit taking it after a few days. One would think that some beta testing feedback would be circulating by now considering the estimated release date is 2-3 weeks away according to Jacob.

I have to hand it to USP considering the lack of user feedback and hype you've created.:clap2:
first off i dont think this was all that necessary...but are u saying that people are taking Recreate only for a few days and then stopping???

srry im just a little confused on what you are saying. and i understand what you mean about hype...but idk i don't think this as hyped as some things on this board have been, but most of this is all in good fun the monkey thread is really just monkeys lol

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

OH YEAH? Well YOU SKUNKMAN ARE A SMELLY MONKEY!! HA TAKE THAT!!!..............:rasp:! Ok, joking aside now. We the users of Am are the ones who in essence make up the hype. Of course when a company comes out with something new, they say it is the latest and greatest. Should they say it is the old and defunct? We sometimes chose to get excited over it, and create the buzz ourselves. Anywho, we are just having fun with this thread, trying to guess what the ingredients are, so relax a bit, take a guess , and have fun! USP labs is a company that is very respected, because they put out products that work. Let everyone create the hype, and have fun, and don't try it until it is out and proven! Don't have to get wound up about it me thinks. Just sit back, read, and wait.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea i remember how much fun it was with some of those AN contests....thats how i got started here :)

skunkman

Awards
first off i dont think this was all that necessary...but are u saying that people are taking Recreate only for a few days and then stopping???
As far a I have read no one has taken the product for more than a week. Mullet, Ziricote, and one other I can't think of. I am sure there are others.

As far as being necessary goes I was merely mentioning my point of view. According to your logic your reply and swole210's reply isn't warrented either. Because you believe something different than the mentioned does not entail that the mentioned isn't important. Just a matter of opinion my man.

skunkman

Awards
In all reality if I wasn't broke I would be brave enough to try it without some feedback. I don't make a lot at the moment so my supplements chosen tend to have good reviews.

If you end up with the product Easy you should log it! I have enjoyed the logs you put on here.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I perpetually log. I do it for myself as much as for anything else. If I want to know what I weiged in july, and how much progress I made in the last 6 months, I can just hunt thru threads I started to see. Plus I can see progress on specific exercises. I think thats really important for everyone in the long term, having a way to track progress.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far a I have read no one has taken the product for more than a week. Mullet, Ziricote, and one other I can't think of. I am sure there are others.

As far as being necessary goes I was merely mentioning my point of view. According to your logic your reply and swole210's reply isn't warrented either. Because you believe something different than the mentioned does not entail that the mentioned isn't important. Just a matter of opinion my man.
no its alrite yea srry if i came off in a bad way...i tried to say i can see from your point of view about hype being unwarranted, or i tried to but i had just gotten up:sad:...its all good though man i was just confused if you were talking about recreate or melting point being stopped after a couple a days...but moving on lol

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

I see your point of view. I t is a valid point, and one to use for your own jusdgement which is a good thing, but noe need to start imposing that the product is bunk, it is all hype, and that everyone on this thread is.........a monkey:think:?! No bad blood here, as I am not trying to start anything or get on anyones bad side. Just saying that one can ask honest and legit questions about something(as we should!), and keep the pessimistic assumptions and bashing/name calling out of it.:cheers: -The End-

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
So from another thread we've learned there's at least 4 ingredients in Recreate:

Compound 1 New to the industry mechanism of action:

Again, a very precise extract of this substance has been shown to inhibit the enzyme 11-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, both selectively and very potently (4). In addition, it was shown to do so in muscle and adipose cells. Why is this good? 11beta-HSD1 is an enzyme responsible for converting the very weak glucocorticoid, cortisone, into the much more powerful, cortisol. We all know that excess cortisol can hamper your progress in the gym, and with the stress of living in our modern world, it’s certain that few people don’t have elevated cortisol levels. Unfortunately, this particular enzyme works against what we all as athletes and bodybuilders would like and works to increase cortisol levels. In addition, another sad bit of news is that activity of this enzyme only seems to increase as we get older (5).
By inhibiting 11beta-HSD1, it is thought that it could be used to treat obesity (reduce body fat) and improve insulin sensitivity. Additionally, a beneficial effect upon muscle mass would be expected (6).

Compound 2 New to the industry mechanism of action:

A compound found in a certain cactus plant, has a structural similarity to norepinephrine. It has both alpha and beta-adrenergic activity (9). Additionally, it directly stimulates postsynaptic receptors while enhancing the physiological effects of norepinephrine via increasing synthesis of it and inhibiting its’ reabsorption. The end result is a stimulant effect similar to ephedrine, without the “all over the place” behavior. In fact, it produces a great deal of focus.

Compound 3
Forskolin

Compound 4
Caffeine

So is compound 2 the anti-ox? Any guesses to what compounds 1 or 2 are?
My guess is yes, 2 is the anti-ox we are trying to guess. I think 1 is a good GA extract of licorice.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
ScienceDirect - Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry : Novel 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid analogues as potent and selective inhibitors of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases

Novel 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid analogues as potent and selective inhibitors of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases

Xiangdong Sua, Harshani Lawrencea, Dharshini Ganeshapillaia, Adrian Cruttendenb, Atul Purohitb, Michael J. Reedb, Nigel Vickera and Barry V. L. Potter, , a
a Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology and Sterix Ltd, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
b Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine and Sterix Ltd, Imperial College School of Medicine, St. Mary's Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
Received 27 February 2003; accepted 2 June 2004. Available online 2 July 2004.

Abstract
Extensive structural modifications to the 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid template are described and their effects on the SAR of the 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isozymes type 1 and 2 from the rat are investigated. Isoform selective inhibitors have been discovered

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Whoa, Whoa check this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T36-4K8R2XG-6&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=e48359adb7c5e6b26b905a8de1970a7a

Coffee inhibits the reactivation of glucocorticoids by 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: A glucocorticoid connection in the anti-diabetic action of coffee?

Edited by Robert Barouki

Atanas G. Atanasova, Anna A. Dzyakanchuka, Roberto A.S. Schweizera, Lyubomir G. Nasheva, Evelyne M. Maurera and Alex Odermatt, a,
aDivision of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Freiburgstrasse 15, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Received 15 May 2006; revised 12 June 2006; accepted 16 June 2006. Available online 27 June 2006.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Yeh I said coffee about a week or more ago after I read that study.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
I think the glycc isn't selective for 11b but does both 11a and 11b.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Right, but not every company uses the same quality of vitamin E nevertheless, the highest quality of vitamin E, no?
Of course not and natural vitamin E is better than synthetic but that's not really my point, it was just an example.

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
Oh ok, sorry about that. I understand your point now.

You know by responding you are participating in the hype.

To be fair, USPLabs always releases innovative supplements that work really well so there should be excitment. If our last product was Green tea and vitamin C than we have no business in hyping,.

I like to believe we earned respect in this regard. There are some Recreate testers on AM posting great feedback.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
So wait, nobody has guessed this yet. Man we suck.

skunkman

Awards
You know by responding you are participating in the hype.

To be fair, USPLabs always releases innovative supplements that work really well so there should be excitment. If our last product was Green tea and vitamin C than we have no business in hyping,.

I like to believe we earned respect in this regard. There are some Recreate testers on AM posting great feedback.
I agree with everything you mentioned. You guys are truly innovative. In all my years seeing supps come and go your company has created the most novel and effective supps I have ever seen. Your company has become, in my mind, the ideal that other companies strive to be. Almost all the new things coming out from my old favorites seem to be reformulations of preexisting products.

I suppose I was caught up in the moment and wanted you to release your product on my time line. I apologize.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if it was an ecdysterone extract as a few have been shown to have anti-ox activity and also inhibit 11beta-HSD1 while not binding to the AR and thus no worries about HPTA suppression.

I was wondering if it was an ecdysterone extract as a few have been shown to have anti-ox activity and also inhibit 11beta-HSD1 while not binding to the AR and thus no worries about HPTA suppression.
No.