What is your favorite gym pump?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so yesterday I hit a heavy chest session after church and had to rush home to shower up before heading to a friend's to watch some football. I was just really happy with the pump. I do a variety of workout styles (one week is high volume, one week is high intensity, and one is just purely heavy weight) and obviously get a good pump from any of my volume workouts, but was just overly enjoying the pump from the heavy chest session.

It had me re-thinking back to some previous times and what my favorite gym pump comes from. I think anytime you do full body or combined workouts, you get the best of all worlds, so let's not factor those in (because who doesn't like to just get every muscle in their body pumped up? lol).

In the past, I'd always said arms. There's just something about having your biceps and triceps fully pumped. Delts and traps is fun, too, because the boulder shoulders just look awesome. Legs obviously have their place in this, too. And back can be awesome because you just feel SO wide.

But I think for me, it's now chest. I generally don't care too much about training chest, either. I do it, like all muscle groups, but don't really enjoy it. But along with the obvious chest pump, your delts get some action, as well as your tris from all of the pressing and then your bis get a little hit from crossovers.

So I've not concluded that the pump from a chest workout is my favorite.

What is yours? And why?

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
It used to be chest back in my late teens early 20's but now it has to be delts/traps. ..I just love seeing that 3d look along with veins popping when I'm doing side or front raises...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It used to be chest back in my late teens early 20's but now it has to be delts/traps. ..I just love seeing that 3d look along with veins popping when I'm doing side or front raises...
One of my favorite things is heavy shrugs or DB side lateral raises and watching the trap veins pop out.

I think I'd have to go with delts/traps if they didn't get a nice pump from the incline bench pressing, as well. I just get greedy and want my entire upper frame looking filled with blood and glycogen lol.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of late I've enjoyed triceps. I occasionally do Flex Lewis Y3T training and with it I do 500+ reps plus vigorous stretching in between sets.

Freggin awesome to totally destroy a weak point.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my goal for the winter was to grow my arms and shoulders...so those are my favorites right now

i can say i am a fan of lat pumps...legs not so much

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LATS 4TW! Nothing like it, nothing makes me feel more alive, and it lasts all day. nothing better than a good back day pump

rockme

rockme

Awards
my goal for the winter was to grow my arms and shoulders...so those are my favorites right now

i can say i am a fan of lat pumps...legs not so much
Agreed. Leg pumps usually hinder my workouts, as I lose stability and mobility. I have to let the pump dissipate a bit before proceeding. Doing 5/3/1 ATM so I don't have to be too concerned w over zealous pumps, what with the slow heavy pace and all :)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine are back pumps. Tricep pumps are obviously cool but mine are always skin-tearing pumps that legitimately kind of hurt, lol.

I never get delt pumps for some reason. Or maybe I do but I always confuse it with soreness.