Unanswered What is everyone's Thoughts On Turmeric ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Turmeric seams to be the "New Hot" supplement, what are your thoughts or experiences ?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is a great anti inflammatory, and helps some with blood sugar control. Compliments Indian food as a spice, and potenyiates kratom.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i personally cook with it all the time and use it as a seasoning so I don’t worry about specifically supplementing with it. Very complimentary to fish oil though.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i personally cook with it all the time and use it as a seasoning so I don’t worry about specifically supplementing with it. Very complimentary to fish oil though.
1tsp only has about 150 to 200mg of extract, and you begin to get great benefits when you hit 500mg and above regarding the curcuminoids. Course some is better than none.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1tsp only has about 150 to 200mg of extract, and you begin to get great benefits when you hit 500mg and above regarding the curcuminoids. Course some is better than none.
I use a ton, I love it. It’s on my chicken, salads, chili etc.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t really like the taste of it so I cap it. Currently got some made for my next cycle. Each cap has an additional 10mg of m1t

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Saw the thread and was going to link this.

This specific thread led me to buying some and it’s probably something I’ll keep in rotation for as long as I can.

I was a little unsure so I went with Meriva due to some joint improvements I’d read and since it was cheaper.

I saw improvement and considering the reading on Theracumin I’ve done I may switch to that. Regardless I think as a “health” supplement it’s worth keeping around.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I will cook with it as well but haven't particularly looked at it in terms of supplementing it.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Jarrow curcumin 95, 120ct of 500mg for $17. Hi-tech is 4x the price for the same extract.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love it.. 2 new stuff I added in is turmeric & leutin .

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This specific thread led me to buying some and it’s probably something I’ll keep in rotation for as long as I can.

I was a little unsure so I went with Meriva due to some joint improvements I’d read and since it was cheaper.

I saw improvement and considering the reading on Theracumin I’ve done I may switch to that. Regardless I think as a “health” supplement it’s worth keeping around.
This is a solid recent study on Theracurmin as well (from my thread):

Curcumin (as Theracurmin) shows promise as a cognitive-enhancing supplement in healthy adults.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1064748117305110

Highlights
• This is the first long-term (18 months) double-blind, placebo controlled trial of a bioavailable form of curcumin (Theracurmin containing 90 mg of curcumin twice daily) in non-demented adults.

• We found that daily oral Theracurmin led to significant memory and attention benefits.

• FDDNP-PET scans performed pre- and post-treatment suggested that behavioral and cognitive benefits are associated with decreases in plaque and tangle accumulation in brain regions modulating mood and memory.

• Curcumin's cognitive benefits may stem from its anti-inflammatory and/or anti-amyloid brain effects.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use about 2g a day to help with several things.
Inflammation being the highest on my list.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Meriva-keep an eye out for those 50% off deals from MST...joint mechanic treated me really well and at half price it's a bargain. @MySTeek

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally, I’ve never noticed much from it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Needless to say , I wouldn’t mind giving high potency curcumin a shot

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Personally, I’ve never noticed much from it.
I never noticed much from whey protein either.. that is the problem with supplements you can't expect miracles. The effect is often minor and you don't know how you would feel without.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never noticed much from whey protein either.. that is the problem with supplements you can't expect miracles. The effect is often minor and you don't know how you would feel without.
Well , let me clarify that I was trying it for the supposed digestive benefits...... never noticed them. I wasn’t expecting any miracles , fella

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Well , let me clarify that I was trying it for the supposed digestive benefits...... never noticed them. I wasn’t expecting any miracles , fella
I might have overstated it but I have almost never felt supplements work. That does not mean they don't work just trying to to say that effects are often minor. The only supplement i really felt working was creatine.

For instance now I am using peptides (no its not a supplement) and I am not feeling that much but I know they are legit. My point is more that its really hard to "feel" a supplement working.

I take turmeric too and I did not feel much. However my dog was having a lot of pain and I could not give him any painkillers. I gave him my turmeric capsules in tuna and all of a sudden his inflammation was healed in 2 days. So I do believe turmeric does something. Poor old dog was crying when trying to get up and move, the turmeric fixed him and I will certainly give it to him again if he has similar problems again.

My capsules were just from an indian seller on ebay with some added black pepper.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Meriva-keep an eye out for those 50% off deals from MST...joint mechanic treated me really well and at half price it's a bargain. @MySTeek
I might have to try that as I’m coming to the end of my joint supps stock

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need to find a Hi Tech rep and log there new product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In looking at a lot of the different branded versions, the more I've read up on it the more of a fan I am of Meriva and Sabinsa's C3 Curcumin.

The first time I really started reading up on Curcumin was years ago when we were formulating Liver Assist XT. We've had a Curcumin 95% in there for liver support for many years, way before curcumin was the 'cool' supplement haha.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use sports research C3 turmeric daily. Won’t go without it. I believe SNS is looking into coming out with a turmeric solo product in the future

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use sports research C3 turmeric daily. Won’t go without it. I believe SNS is looking into coming out with a turmeric solo product in the future

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In looking at a lot of the different branded versions, the more I've read up on it the more of a fan I am of Meriva and Sabinsa's C3 Curcumin.

The first time I really started reading up on Curcumin was years ago when we were formulating Liver Assist XT. We've had a Curcumin 95% in there for liver support for many years, way before curcumin was the 'cool' supplement haha.
I got it hooked from liver assist as well then just reading more on it .. started using bulk then and really noticed a diff in shoulder inflammation

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got it hooked from liver assist as well then just reading more on it .. started using bulk then and really noticed a diff in shoulder inflammation
I think that Curcumin works well for inflammation but for tendon and ligament issues I prefer Cissus XT. Curcumin can be used with it but if I were picking one, I would go with Cissus. But I think Meriva or C3 Curcumin are great for such a wide variety of health benefits that they're definitely worth taking.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We will be doing something with Curcumin in it but it's going to be more advanced and it's not something I'm even willing to start teasing on yet. I'll say this - if a person wants the best one, it will be an obvious choice; but it will be cost effective (best for the money), not a generic cheap turmeric so it will all depend on what a person is looking for.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We will be doing something with Curcumin in it but it's going to be more advanced and it's not something I'm even willing to start teasing on yet. I'll say this - if a person wants the best one, it will be an obvious choice; but it will be cost effective (best for the money), not a generic cheap turmeric so it will all depend on what a person is looking for.
Wow nice to hear .. yeah that’s what I’m using just a generic high % one

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have used C3 fairly consistently over the last few years as well for general health. I would certainly be interested in this product as a replacement..

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Turmeric, a long with fish oil are the two best supplements a person could ever possibly take!

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Try taking about 1g of one of the patented curcumin extracts. Or the same 1g of 95% along with a high dose of bioperine. This is when you will get it’s anti-inflammatory effects.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Try taking about 1g of one of the patented curcumin extracts. Or the same 1g of 95% along with a high dose of bioperine. This is when you will get it’s anti-inflammatory effects.
I agree. And along that train of thought, you'll probably definitely like ours when it comes out then :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a huge believer in 'everyone should take it', so I'm psyched to see what SNS does.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll just leave this here:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking like I may have to give it a try !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree. And along that train of thought, you'll probably definitely like ours when it comes out then :)
Awesome! SNS has a lot of products in the works! Can't wait til they all drop!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We’re ready
This one is a ways out. Formulation part is done and label artwork is almost complete. Best guess is 6 weeks but that's being somewhat optimistic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This one is a ways out. Formulation part is done and label artwork is almost complete. Best guess is 6 weeks but that's being somewhat optimistic.
Need anyone to test drive it ??

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Need anyone to test drive it ??
Remind me when we post teaser or promo thread and I’ll be glad to send you a bottle. It’s probsbly 6 weeks out. It’s going to be very unique - 4 licensed branded ingredients + more.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Remind me when we post teaser or promo thread and I’ll be glad to send you a bottle. It’s probsbly 6 weeks out. It’s going to be very unique - 4 licensed branded ingredients + more.
Woah. That’s more ingredients than I was anticipating (idk why haha). A little more excited now (not that more ingredients always means more excitement).

jh1

jh1

Awards
  • Established
Has been a staple of mine for years. Looking forward to seeing what you have put together