What happens when you go off creatine?

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I asked this question before with another question and did not get a response. I am wondering what happens when you go off creatine. I'm taking it right now, but I'm not completely sure what happens after I quit taking it. A lot of people say that they lose all the weight they gained when they were on because it's just water weight. But people are always telling beginners how important it is to just stick to creatine and protein. Someone wanna help me out here?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Nothing major is going to happen. Are you feeling any bloat, it may go away if you are otherwise you wont notice a thing.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
you may notice a slight loss of performance. and you will lose a few lbs. of water, if it's mono you took.

Brad2131

Awards
i guess bump for any more answers on this. I have heard many people say you just piss all your weight away. Or the gain while on the creatin.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I asked this question before with another question and did not get a response. I am wondering what happens when you go off creatine. I'm taking it right now, but I'm not completely sure what happens after I quit taking it. A lot of people say that they lose all the weight they gained when they were on because it's just water weight. But people are always telling beginners how important it is to just stick to creatine and protein. Someone wanna help me out here?
The main things that I notice when I cycle off is loss of muscular torque and loss of fullness in the muscle.

Nacho1545

Awards
Stick to Kre-Alkaline.. There isn't much if any water retention.. When I cycled off I didn't notice anything (might have been a 3 lb loss of water at most but I'm not sure if it was from cycling off or something else)..

iLovebeinripd

Awards
i think its all a bunch of bs, and ive never seen nething but a bunch of 1st time takin 115-280 lb benchers who say creatine works, no offense.

ull lose ur pride after u get off it, ull lose size, ull lose a lil strength, and ull waste ur damn time cuz its just a psychological booster, nothing more, nothing less, i betcha u train with me ill put 30 lbs on a newbies bench in a month.

and as far as cee, ive taken every legal supp in the book and thast got to be the biggest scam on the market, science wutever...i dont think or see it any diffrent than mono, and i think u dont get the blaot just cuz ur not taking an excessive amount of creatine or goign thru a ridiculous loading phase

i think the whole market is a scam and creatine mono is the only good REASONABLE form that is worth buying

look u cant look supa pretty and bulk unless ur me, plain and simple, and if ur not eating enough calories, idc if ur taking creatine ethyl alkaline, u wont put on **** for muscle.

ull just be like every other lifter who walks around wearing shirts to small for them with that fat bloated watery look thinking they put on ten lbs in a week, only to cut weight and still be 172

then ull come here and post on the forums saying it works ****ign up some other unlucky losers wallet, n convince them into buying a propietary blend of 1.5 grams of cee, and some glutamine, oh and 2 grams of bcaas when in fact u should be getting about 30-40g of bcaa and 50-80 grams of glutamine a f'n day

sorry im angry, but im also right.
throw the science at me,idc.
im an athlete, a damn good one.
experience baby, consistency, faith, heart, thats what breeds champs.

p'c

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I'm just basically wondering if anything that you put on is real muscle and will stick around. If it's nothing but water and it will all go away, I don't wanna waste my time. I'll just stick to food and training.

footster

footster

Awards
There's always going to be some people that don't like a supp for more reasons than one. However, imo and I believe in many others as well, creatine can really benefit somone.(with proper use) I don't believe you "piss it" all away. I've had great results, and kept most of the gains, some does get taken away from water weight.

Anyway, I think it would be worth giving it a shot. Not very expensive, if bought in bulk. But this is just my opinion.

WOW 50g of glutamine, thats intense. Thats defiently something I've never heard before. Do you ususally take that much?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just read a study showing the initial gain from creatine is NOT water weight, but actual muscle from increased protein synthesis.

When I go off, I lose no strength, but I do lose the ability to pump out an extra rep or two. In other words, I lift the same weight, for a rep or two less.

It takes a month to fully saturate creatine stores, and it takes about the same to bring them down to normal levels after cessation of supplementation. So you won't notice an immediate difference the day you stop.

The only thing is there is evidence that creatine taken pre-workout is circulating in the blood, and may have a greater effect than creatine taken at any other time. This may be responsible for the awesome effects of the 'loading phase' so popular a couple years ago: people were taking 4gr 5 times a day, so there was creatine in circulation pre-workout. Because loading doesn't increase muscular stores more, it's common to say loading isn't necessary. Indeed it's not, but it may be beneficial to take your single daily dose pre-workout.

;) Confused? :lol:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
basically you will lose the ability to knock out those last few reps. creatine stores in your muscles get depleted as a training session goes on, supplementing with creatine before/during/after, workout, you will see a difference.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I go off, I lose no strength, but I do lose the ability to pump out an extra rep or two. In other words, I lift the same weight, for a rep or two less.
Poison I agree with most of what you said but hope you see that this statement is backwards. Losing reps is one defintion of losing strenght, your muscles can do less work and lift a weight less time which is losing strength.

As far as creatine goes, a lot of stuff suggests that you do need time off because your body will down regulate creatine transportation.

Personally I don't take it, no real reason why eccept that I bloat if I do ANYTHING. Eat a piece of bread and bloat, have a alchohol beverage and blot... anything... so won't do creatine normally. Looking to try cre-02 though.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think its best to combine with glut and whey, a guy probably only needs 3 gm a day, water intake should be about 2 liters a day, after 6 wks break for 2. It works good! Most serious lifters use it.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Really not much happens when you quit using it, except that your body starts to manufacture your own. There is slight strength decrease, any muscle shrinkage you perceive probably isnt noticeable to others. Micronized with whey and glutamine is probably best to avoid any gastro problems, its still mono, whatever sides you get are worth it. Just find the right mixture or brand that is compatible. There are other benefits besides muscle growth. I hope that helps you, stay with it and you will see muscle growth. JMO

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I noticed some nice strength increases with 20g a day of creatine mono. I did get quite a bit of bloat after about 3 weeks. Bloat went away when i stopped though :)

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono shouldn't be bashed.

It has the hugest bucketload of scientific evidence behind it. It isn't some miracle supp that will blow your mind but it helps with those last few reps and imho that gives you that extra bit of hypertrophy to stimulate that little bit extra muscle growth.

The bloat is negligible in MOST people. It is a bit of water weight but what is wrong with hydrated muscles? Nothing. And it's not like its much. I don't really notice it.

It's cheap as borscht. Its like 20 bucks for a bucket that will last months.

I don't know about you all but when I stopped taking it, I lost a couple reps and like 5 pounds on my minor lifts and 5-10 off my big ones. Not a big deal, but out of every supp I've taken, it has given me the second best results (cissus-drol being #1 on my lifts).

Like all this shite we pump into our bodies, it is in fact subjective, but people who argue science because they are athletic are idiots.

EDIT: Dosing is like the rest of these supps, find your sweet spot. I take a heaping teaspoon (about 7g) with my post workout shake (30g protein, 35 carbs). Oh yeah, mono needs to be taken with carbs to absorb properly)

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the advice guys. Positive and negative for creatine is really appreciated. I know it sounds dumb asking about a supp like this one that has been talked about so much. But I just always hear people tell guys new to lifting (which I'm not) to try it out. I'm just trying to keep off PH's for a while. I've tried everything under the sun including creatine when I was younger. Just wanted to try and get some insight as to why it's always pushed for the new guys when I always heard so much negative stuff about it.

penn21

penn21

Awards
I have gotten very good results on Mono. Heres some good advice though, make SURE you drink plenty of water when you take it. I started to have some minor kidney problems about 6 months into it. Now i cycle 2 months on, 1 month off, with at least a gallon of water or more per day. It may be legal, but you have to use it right. Anyone who takes 20grams or more per day is wasting there time, and there organs.