What can be done about progesterone induced gyno?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I grew a small, painful bump (looks like a zit) on one nipple after taking compounded progesterone cream for a couple of weeks (prescribed by my doc for sleep, and because mine tested low). I never had high E2, I firmly believe it was the prog. Big mistake, I found out the hard way that progresterone is feminizing to males. Is surgery the only option now, any supps that help, or will it go away on its own?

krazy

Awards
How mugh progest? My doctor has prescribed me 5mg of it and I was pretty skeptical about it for this reason....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/89493-20-years-old.html

...and goddamn will I be pissed if my doctor doesnt take the time to get my treatment straight and causes me to have to have gyno surgery.

If I were you, Id be pissed and expect him to foot the bill for it. Just my (very) personal opionion. Assuming it comes to it...

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
How mugh progest? My doctor has prescribed me 5mg of it and I was pretty skeptical about it for this reason....

If I were you, Id be pissed and expect him to foot the bill for it. Just my (very) personal opionion. Assuming it comes to it...
I was taking 10mg/day. Its hard to prove it was the prog because I had low-normal testosterone at the same time (~400)... E2 was 25. But it didn't happen until I'd been on prog for a couple of weeks. Some people say prog doesn't cause gyno, but I'm not convinced. I'm gonna test prog in my next round of bloodwork, so I'll post the number when I get it. I hear its hard to get out of your system. Didn't help with sleep issues anyway!

I've switched over to sublingual pregnenolone 25mg/day, which is supposed to be better for men.

bulkedup

Awards
Vitamin B6 at 600mg/day in divided doses may be of some help if it is in fact being caused by progesterone.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin B6 at 600mg/day in divided doses may be of some help if it is in fact being caused by progesterone.
p5p is even a better version of b6. 50mg 3 times per day. cheap and effective from what i've seen.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
p5p is even a better version of b6. 50mg 3 times per day. cheap and effective from what i've seen.

Great, I already take some P5P, need more. But I thought that was for prolactin gyno. Or does progesterone raise prolactin?