What can be done about progesterone induced gyno?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I grew a small, painful bump (looks like a zit) on one nipple after taking compounded progesterone cream for a couple of weeks (prescribed by my doc for sleep, and because mine tested low). I never had high E2, I firmly believe it was the prog. Big mistake, I found out the hard way that progresterone is feminizing to males. Is surgery the only option now, any supps that help, or will it go away on its own?

K

krazy

Awards
How mugh progest? My doctor has prescribed me 5mg of it and I was pretty skeptical about it for this reason....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/89493-20-years-old.html

...and goddamn will I be pissed if my doctor doesnt take the time to get my treatment straight and causes me to have to have gyno surgery.

If I were you, Id be pissed and expect him to foot the bill for it. Just my (very) personal opionion. Assuming it comes to it...

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
How mugh progest? My doctor has prescribed me 5mg of it and I was pretty skeptical about it for this reason....

If I were you, Id be pissed and expect him to foot the bill for it. Just my (very) personal opionion. Assuming it comes to it...
I was taking 10mg/day. Its hard to prove it was the prog because I had low-normal testosterone at the same time (~400)... E2 was 25. But it didn't happen until I'd been on prog for a couple of weeks. Some people say prog doesn't cause gyno, but I'm not convinced. I'm gonna test prog in my next round of bloodwork, so I'll post the number when I get it. I hear its hard to get out of your system. Didn't help with sleep issues anyway!

I've switched over to sublingual pregnenolone 25mg/day, which is supposed to be better for men.

B

bulkedup

Awards
Vitamin B6 at 600mg/day in divided doses may be of some help if it is in fact being caused by progesterone.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin B6 at 600mg/day in divided doses may be of some help if it is in fact being caused by progesterone.
p5p is even a better version of b6. 50mg 3 times per day. cheap and effective from what i've seen.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
p5p is even a better version of b6. 50mg 3 times per day. cheap and effective from what i've seen.

Great, I already take some P5P, need more. But I thought that was for prolactin gyno. Or does progesterone raise prolactin?