What are the anti-oxidant benefits of taking RPM?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd assume the dose of grape seed extract is pretty high. What are the anti-oxidant benefits afforded those who take RPM daily, and/or pre-workout only?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
A question I've wondered as well.... obviously there are benefits in the way of antioxidant properties, but to what extent..... we'll have to let rms80 answer.

But yes, that's one high %, quality extract!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd assume the dose of grape seed extract is pretty high. What are the anti-oxidant benefits afforded those who take RPM daily, and/or pre-workout only?
While RPM cannot be recommended as the only source of daily antioxidant protection, the compounds Icariin, Naringin, and Grape Seed Extract, all found in RPM, have been shown to possess significant antioxidant properties.

Icariin, an epimedium flavonoid and testosteron mimetic, has been shown to protect the endothelial (inner wall of the arteries) cells from hydogen-perioxide-induced damage. Furthermore, icariin appears to inhibit the expression of the enzyme, caspase-3, that promotes hydrogen-peroxide-induced cell apoptosis (cell death).
Icariin also protects linoleic acid against peroxidation of micellar cells caused by free radicals, and helps to improve memory and cognitive damage caused by aluminum poisoning.

Naringin, a flavonone of grapefruit, has been shown to have considerable anti-oxidant/DNA-protection, anti-inflammatory, blood-lipid, cholesterol-lowering, and metal-chelating properties.

Naturally-occurring and highly bioavailable, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are known to possess significant anti-oxidant activity compared to vitamin c, vitamin e, and beta carotene, especially in terms of free-radical-induced lipid peroxidation and DNA damage, cytotoxicity toward cancer cells, tobacco-induced oxidative damage, liver damage due to acetominophen activity, and so on.

So, whether you take RPM daily or on workout days only, you would obtain dose-dependent anti-oxidant protection from RPM supplementation.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Great post man!

While RPM cannot be recommended as the only source of daily antioxidant protection, the compounds Icariin, Naringin, and Grape Seed Extract, all found in RPM, have been shown to possess significant antioxidant properties.

Icariin, an epimedium flavonoid and testosteron mimetic, has been shown to protect the endothelial (inner wall of the arteries) cells from hydogen-perioxide-induced damage. Furthermore, icariin appears to inhibit the expression of the enzyme, caspase-3, that promotes hydrogen-peroxide-induced cell apoptosis (cell death).
Icariin also protects linoleic acid against peroxidation of micellar cells caused by free radicals, and helps to improve memory and cognitive damage caused by aluminum poisoning.

Naringin, a flavonone of grapefruit, has been shown to have considerable anti-oxidant/DNA-protection, anti-inflammatory, blood-lipid, cholesterol-lowering, and metal-chelating properties.

Naturally-occurring and highly bioavailable, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are known to possess significant anti-oxidant activity compared to vitamin c, vitamin e, and beta carotene, especially in terms of free-radical-induced lipid peroxidation and DNA damage, cytotoxicity toward cancer cells, tobacco-induced oxidative damage, liver damage due to acetominophen activity, and so on.

So, whether you take RPM daily or on workout days only, you would obtain dose-dependent anti-oxidant protection from RPM supplementation.
You pretty much covered it in a nutshell. To add on though...taking some extra grape seed extract and some vitamin c would be a wise choice as well.

I'll put it this way...I haven't gotten sick in two years since I've consistently taken grape seed extract and high dosage vitamin C.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
GSE is great stuff. When using heavy doses of it and C I notice that my skin gets more elastic/younger so there's probably some truth to the claims that it boosts collagen production.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSE is great stuff. When using heavy doses of it and C I notice that my skin gets more elastic/younger so there's probably some truth to the claims that it boosts collagen production.
On top of the synergy OPCs and the other nutrients in the RPM blend, I also try to take additional Grape Seed Extract daily and altogether about 5 000mg of Vitamin C in about 5 doses of 1 000mg each. Vitamin C is essential in collagen synthesis :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll put it this way...I haven't gotten sick in two years since I've consistently taken grape seed extract and high dosage vitamin C.
That is a synergistic blend!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On top of the synergy OPCs and the other nutrients in the RPM blend, I also try to take additional Grape Seed Extract daily and altogether about 5 000mg of Vitamin C in about 5 doses of 1 000mg each. Vitamin C is essential in collagen synthesis :D
that's what makes Osteo-C a step up on the compatition!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established