Weird Slim X sides kicking in now

Rough08

Awards
Finally gave in a purchased a bottle. Been using for almost a week now and some sides have kicked in. The worst one is that the throat feels like it is tightening, usually happens a few hours after 1 cap. I get anxiety too and shallow breaths from this and start forcing deep breaths and have a feeling of impending doom for a little while. When I eat I get the sensation that I have to chew my food really good or I might choke. The appetite suppression is great and I'm waking up earlier on less sleep (someone mentions this in another thread also). I don't really get a racing pulse like some others have though. Energy is pretty good on this and love the appetite suppression and have only been using 1 cap a day. I started noticing these sides on day 3 and I've never had these symptoms or sides ever. I'm taking no other stims on top of this either. Very potent product, I was skeptical at first but it works..just need some insight or advice on these sides i'm getting now.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey there, thanks for asking your questions. To be honest with you, I'm not really sure what's up. The sides that you've mentioned aren't really anything I've heard from anyone else, and not what I'd have expected to hear from the product. I have a few odd questions, so forgive me for asking them, but are you prone to any anxiety or have a history of anxiety disorders that were ever treated by medication? Have you or are you currently using any other sort of medication at all? Also, is SX the only thing you are taking right now? Usually folks who are prone to anxiety have a bit of a tougher time with issue like this and may react with that increased anxiety level that you mentioned.

On another road here, are you getting a cold? I just got over one about a week ago that started off with a scratchy throat, then became quite sore, hard to swallow, and capped off with a sinus infection. To me, it's the change in seasons and a lot to do with allergies. Any chance this might be the case? My own symptoms didn't always present themselves first thing in the morning, but rather a bit later on in the day and especially in the evening when I was finally winding down for the day. It's something to look into just in case, though. And no, I'm not going to mention that horrendously overblown flu circulating around that's apparently not killing half of the world's human and porsine population. ;)

Keep us posted and we'll try to work this out for ya. Hope you feel better! :)

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I had the same sides. The anxiety I got was outrageous the first time so I quit gave it a couple weeks and tried again. Both times it seemed like around day 3 the anxiety kicked in, and I quit around day 6.

I've never had a history (nor has anyone in my family admitted to having) problems with anxiety in the past.

Rough08

Awards
No history of anxiety or disorders, no medication, currently taking some reset AD..but that's it besides staple stuff like creatine, fish/flax oil, multi, cissus. No cold coming on either, mood goes from good to having anxiety w. the aforementioned sides out of nowhere, and it seems like it has amplified with continuous days on SX. I'm gonna stop for a few days and wait it out...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No history of anxiety or disorders, no medication, currently taking some reset AD..but that's it besides staple stuff like creatine, fish/flax oil, multi, cissus. No cold coming on either, mood goes from good to having anxiety w. the aforementioned sides out of nowhere, and it seems like it has amplified with continuous days on SX. I'm gonna stop for a few days and wait it out...
I wonder if this is due to the pregnenolone.

Preg is a pretty potent neurosteroid, which metabolizes into allopregnenolone, and even stronger neurosteroid. These cause some nice fluctuations in neurotransmitter modulations.

The sides are due to an overstimulation of certain neurotransmitter activity, so it might be possible the Reset-AD is over-sensitizing you to them. Should make a little bit of sense, since Reset-AD was made to make you more sensitive to stim's. Great product, BTW.

Rough08

Awards
Yeah but Preg surely isn't causing tightness in throat, taken it before w.out this ever coming up. Mood fluctuations make sense w. reset ad..just have never had anxiety just show up while taking anything.

Rough08

Awards
Took sx today without reset AD, felt fine this morning but after it kicked in a few hours later anxiety kicked back in and so did the knot in my throat. These are very weird sides, might have to give this up indefinitely

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a little bit of a panic attack to me. With the anxiety and tightness of throat..

Rough08

Awards
Would benadryl help til this 1 cap wears off ?

Rough08

Awards
It did in fact help, I'm having an allergy to something in the SX. I never have any problems with other allergies so this is what i'm narrowing it down to. SX is the only cap I took today, no other supps. Never have I experienced anything like this with a supplement before and I hope nobody else running this develops this side, puts a huge damper on your day. Guess I'll be using that satisfaction guarantee that AX provides

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We do understand that sometimes things happen, and in your case, the guarantee will d you well. Just contact wherever you purchased it and they will handle things. (Need any help, e-mail me - not PM, but e-mail, please.)

We're still at a loss for what the throat issue would be from here. Such a delayed reaction is unusual in my mind, simple because the average "kick-in" time for SX is only an hour or two, with a gradual increase for the next few hours and a good plateau and steady drop throughout the day. Having a reaction 4 hours in can happen, I guess. What's causing it? Honestly no idea. Dr. D has been asked about this one and should be in here when he gets the chance. No guarantees that we can pinpoint anything, as there are just a ton of variables out there that could contribute here.

So far, reports anywhere similar to your's have numbered in, well, I can count them on one hand even if I got into a fight with a table saw. I, and we, are sorry to hear about it, but we and you can chalk it up to experience - something that you can't pay enough for, yet comes so freely. We're always here if you need us, and feel free to ask for assistance anytime.

:cheers:

stevche

stevche

Awards
i believe i am having similar issues to Rough08, however the wierd thing is i believe its from the LeanFX.

Have been on SX & LFX for around 8 days so far.
Day 3 i noticed my throat was feeling a bit off, and simply thought i was getting sick.
Day 5 things got quite unpleasant. After about 20minutes of taking my second dose of LFX for the day, starting feeling really anxious and throat started getting really really tight, so much so that i was forcing in deep breaths every few seconds.. this lasted about an hour or so... i took another dose that day about 5hours later, then went to bed straight away.

Ever since then, around 20minutes after taking LFX, without fail, my throat will start to tighten and feel like theres a knot in there... this lasts well over an hour. however day 5 was by far the worst of it and although the side effects are still present, they arent as bad as THAT day.... im hoping its just my body getting use to the ingredients so ive decided to keep going with it.. the throat tightness i had at day 5 was almost unbearable, however currently the throat issue is "bearable"... not pleasant.. but still.. "beareable"

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but Preg surely isn't causing tightness in throat...
Are you kidding, Rough? Pregnenolone is a potent GABA antagonist!

Let me ask you a question: If GABA agonists like Valium discourage anxiety, what do you think GABA antagonists like Pregnenolone do to anxiety?? (hint: this is an easy answer, lol :))

Why don't people see the validity in following the manufacturer's label suggestions? Does the consumer honestly think he/she knows this product better than the companies who market it, all their high priced attorneys who write the warnings, the contractors who formulate, and the doctors they are supposed to consult first before they take it?! I don't understand the misconception.
:dunno:

Antagonizing the GABA network increases sensory input from one's environment. An analogy would be like wearing earplugs at a birthday party, with 20 screaming kids in the room. GABA reduces sensory input just like those earplugs reduces the decibels from screaming kids. One would still hear the kids with the earplugs on, but it's more bearable due to input attenuation. Now take out the earplugs and feel that instant anxiety from 20 screaming kids unblocked! That's what Pregnenolone does, it's like taking out one's earplugs, or taking off shades and looking directly at the sun.

That may not be so bad in itself, but now stack that GABA antagonist with some xanthines, CNS active herbs, neurotransmitter precursor amino acids, the coffee or tea you probably drank earlier, etc.. and one's likely creating a very unfavorable signal to noise ratio. Not only is more data streaming in from the environment as a result of the Pregnenolone, that strengthened signal is getting noradrenergic support which amplifies it, with post-synaptic potential enhancement on top of that! Kinda like a stereo amplifier turned up to loud volume, with no noise filter, and the gain set way too high for an already high lead signal. What results? The signal is stronger all right (more CNS stimulation), but so is the static (anxiety). Does that make sense? If not, don't mix stims indiscriminately!

So basically, it doesn't look like it's the SX making you're Pregnenolone dirty, it looks your Pregnenolone usage is dirtying the cleanness of your SX.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i believe i am having similar issues to Rough08, however the wierd thing is i believe its from the LeanFX.

Have been on SX & LFX for around 8 days so far.
Day 3 i noticed my throat was feeling a bit off, and simply thought i was getting sick.
Day 5 things got quite unpleasant. After about 20minutes of taking my second dose of LFX for the day, starting feeling really anxious and throat started getting really really tight, so much so that i was forcing in deep breaths every few seconds.. this lasted about an hour or so... i took another dose that day about 5hours later, then went to bed straight away.

Ever since then, around 20minutes after taking LFX, without fail, my throat will start to tighten and feel like theres a knot in there... this lasts well over an hour. however day 5 was by far the worst of it and although the side effects are still present, they arent as bad as THAT day.... im hoping its just my body getting use to the ingredients so ive decided to keep going with it.. the throat tightness i had at day 5 was almost unbearable, however currently the throat issue is "bearable"... not pleasant.. but still.. "beareable"
Interesting. LFX contains a potent DHEA metabolite with immune boosting properties. It can reduce the expression of cortisol in the body, thus reducing any anti-inflammitory benefit that cortisol may have been providing to mask a preexisting sore throat (or body pain anywhere really.) The same ingredient can increase Cytokine levels too (IL-2, IL-3, IFNg) which may promote inflammation in itself, especially if you're just getting over an infection or just coming down with one.

Also, Cat's Claw is known to boost Leukocyte counts, which might give you a feeling reminiscent of being sick (because your body does it when you're sick too), but it's just an immune boosting response and not the sickness itself. If anything, LFX is potentially immune supportive, not immune reducing.

Some people just have idiopathic allergies to certain things, to some plants or common ingredients, it's really hard to say, Steve. :eek:

Same bottom line as with Rough08 though, if you suspect that any supp is possibly irritating you (and you're not willing to endure the sides) stop until you've figured out what's going on and don't resume until your doc has given his blessing. ;)

stevche

stevche

Awards
hey Doc,

cheers for your well informed response! really appreciate it.

Just wanted to add however, I've taken my first dose of LX & LFX this morning (im in the aussie timezone).. AND..... feel fine!.... in fact.. i feel pretty pumped....mood has gone up substantially

i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but i increased my water intake ALOT. smashed down about 2litres when i woke, and THEN took the caps... can feel a tiny tiny bit of arkwardness in my throat, but its almost neglible

anyway,, in regards to Rough08, if the sides are bearable id say hold out for a few days and im sure things will improve as it did with me.....also.... try upping your water intake..
i dont know if thats what fixed it for me, but still.... doesnt hurt to drink more water either way :p

if your anxiety starts to go up....just try to remember that its only temporary.. start doing something to get your mind of it.. when mine got bad in day 5, i just chucked my music on, went and did a workout, then watched some eva angelina :p

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
hey Doc,

cheers for your well informed response! really appreciate it.

Just wanted to add however, I've taken my first dose of LX & LFX this morning (im in the aussie timezone).. AND..... feel fine!.... in fact.. i feel pretty pumped....mood has gone up substantially

i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but i increased my water intake ALOT. smashed down about 2litres when i woke, and THEN took the caps... can feel a tiny tiny bit of arkwardness in my throat, but its almost neglible

anyway,, in regards to Rough08, if the sides are bearable id say hold out for a few days and im sure things will improve as it did with me.....also.... try upping your water intake..
i dont know if thats what fixed it for me, but still.... doesnt hurt to drink more water either way :p

if your anxiety starts to go up....just try to remember that its only temporary.. start doing something to get your mind of it.. when mine got bad in day 5, i just chucked my music on, went and did a workout, then watched some eva angelina :p
i would say this is the best product EVER in regards to appetite supression. as for the allergic reactions..i have seasonal allergies this time of year..my eyes usually only water..but after 2 wks on this my toungue is itchy and i cant stop chewing on it..also i get panicy about things lately..i tolerate it because the product does work..as for the anxiety..when ephedra was en vouge...i droppes 50mg a shot 3-4 times a day with nothing i mentioned above..could it be the aneuberin in SX acts like niacin.and tightens the throat?

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
perhaps your adrenals are stressed and thus your thyroid output has increased.
increase in thyroid + tired adrenals + SX = accelerated epinephrin responce culmonising in anxiety. double dosing would probably put you in a panic attack zone.

hows your sleep quality, do you wake up colder than usual?

Frostie

Awards
You know, in regards to the throat thing, I've noticed a similar effect, almost like an allergic reaction right?

For me it was coming from the multi-vitamin I was taking. Currently I'm stacking LeanFX and SX, and once I switched vitamins, it went away. I'm not sure what's in certain multi's, but I've had this happen more than once in the past.

Also, just to make sure you're covering all possibilities - have you switched shampoos recently? Sounds weird, but I know several people (myself included) that are having that exact reaction to some of the new fragrances and thickening agents they're putting into hair products lately.

Hope that helps!