MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Scratch that, I just found the email in my Spam folder in gmail. Check yours.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not yet, I keep checking too. I wanted to pick a preloaded program with shoulder and arm focus to start today if I get a chance before I get home. I even mentioned you in my thread asking you if you got your email yet. LOL
Just got it, it was in my promotions folder. A little more $ then I thought but I’m going to give it a run.
Some reason I have not been getting all the updates on the forum.

man now I don’t know what program to run 😂

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in, setting it up now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, there is a lot to choose from even on the premade templates. It's gonna be interesting for sure. I was kind of hoping it would have some with the exercises picked out and we could change them if needed but looks like we have to pick them all based on what we know works well for us. Which makes complete sense if you have listened to or read their Hypertrophy based book.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on doing your first fast over a day - looks like it rewarded you well. Done weekly, while eating controlled at maintenance the rest of the week or just under, the fat comes off well!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on doing your first fast over a day - looks like it rewarded you well. Done weekly, while eating controlled at maintenance the rest of the week or just under, the fat comes off well!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got it, it was in my promotions folder. A little more $ then I thought but I’m going to give it a run.
Some reason I have not been getting all the updates on the forum.

man now I don’t know what program to run 😂
Did you come up with something? I am doing 4 days a week, shoulder and arm focus. Starting me off at 3RIR. Chest, back, and lower body more of a maintenance. I really need those 3D delts poppin!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you come up with something? I am doing 4 days a week, shoulder and arm focus. Starting me off at 3RIR. Chest, back, and lower body more of a maintenance. I really need those 3D delts poppin!
I’m thinking of doing arms and chest 4 days a week. Excited to get home tonight and start laying out the first plan.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My elbows would explode I think
If training for strength that is probably the case. This is specifically for hypertrophy and the volume per session is pretty low for each session they are trained. Honestly, lower than I would have expected but this is only week one. What starts as 2-3 sets per exercise could end up adding a few sets to each exercise of each session by the end.

For example, my focus in shoulders, and arms. I started with 2 sets chest, 2 sets back, 2 exercises for triceps for a total of 5 sets triceps, 2 biceps exercises for a total of 6 sets for biceps, and 3 sets machine shoulder raises. I won't be surprised to see the 4 sets of chest, and 4 sets of back a week grow to 6-8 sets of chest and 6-8 sets of back a week by the end. However, I am just guessing but going from I learned in their Hypertrophy book this is kind of what I feel like may happen. Of course there will also be weight increases or RIR reduction as it goes along as well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I started with 2 sets chest, 2 sets back, 2 exercises for triceps for a total of 5 sets triceps, 2 biceps exercises for a total of 6 sets for biceps, and 3 sets machine shoulder raises.
if you had to guesstimate what percentage of 1rm are these sets and how many reps? I'm just curious when you include warm up sets what it works out to. For instance I will often do 2 x 10 x 95 for bench press, another 10 at 135. Now I'm sorta warm, and start doing doubles or triples up to my working sets in the mid 200s or something. but that's at least 3-5 warm up sets for me before my shoulders and elbows even want to move at full speed 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
if you had to guesstimate what percentage of 1rm are these sets and how many reps? I'm just curious when you include warm up sets what it works out to. For instance I will often do 2 x 10 x 95 for bench press, another 10 at 135. Now I'm sorta warm, and start doing doubles or triples up to my working sets in the mid 200s or something. but that's at least 3-5 warm up sets for me before my shoulders and elbows even want to move at full speed 😅
Well last week on HS Flat Chest Press I hit 1RIR with the same weight and did 13 reps. I would imagine that is somewhere around 70% of my one rep max doing them this way. I do think weights will climb relatively quickly as I adjust and get stronger in the very end of the ROM. It is just an untrained area at this time. I won't be surprised to see if go up quicker than myw eights would go up if just doing normal ROM, and pushing heavier weight.

Also the recommended warm up, at least the first week is to estimate your 30 rep max and do 12 reps, rest 1 minute and then do your estimated 20 rep max for 8 reps, rest a minute then do your estimated 10RM for 4 reps, and then pick a weight that should land you in your desired rep range for that exercise. Which is anywhere from 5-30 reps, kind of sectioned off to 5-10 reps, 10-20 and 15 or 20-30

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Holy **** man going to failure is so much easier 😅😅😅😅😅😅

Also the recommended warm up, at least the first week is to estimate your 30 rep max and do 12 reps, rest 1 minute and then do your estimated 20 rep max for 8 reps, rest a minute then do your estimated 10RM for 4 reps, and then pick a weight that should land you in your desired rep range for that exercise. Which is anywhere from 5-30 reps, kind of sectioned off to 5-10 reps, 10-20 and 15 or 20-30

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy **** man going to failure is so much easier 😅😅😅😅😅😅

View attachment 232429
It might sound like it is hard, but it is really so simple because the actual weight used or reps are not as important as being in the hypertrophy range of 35-85% 1RM and 5-30 reps. Anywhere in this area you will experience good growth. Once you know what rep ranges you actually respond to the best for your different body parts or your training goals you just target a weight that puts you somewhere in that range, and answer the questions after finishing a body part and the program suggests your next rep targets, RIR, and or sets needed so you don't really have to think about it too much at all. It takes like 5 seconds to click on the answers to the questions after the body part is completed so that isn't really even a chore.

I did ask them to make it to where we can change the RIR on the set to be accurate so if we overshoot and go to far we can say it was only 2RIR instead of 3 RIR and the app can adjust load, and volume based on that as well.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So experimented today, did a dry run of day one for the RP hypertrophy app. I didn’t log anything into the app because I don’t want to start until next week.

warm up sets before hand-12reps-8reps-4 reps

bench-105x12x10 2RIR super slow stretch pause at bottom squeeze at top

incline dumbbell-35x12x12 super slow stretch pause at bottom squeeze at top

T bar row-45x12x12 super slow stretch pause at bottom squeeze at top

skull crusher- 50x12x12 super slow stretch pause at bottom squeeze at top

cable Tricep rope push down-35x12x10
super slow stretch pause at bottom squeeze at top

cable ez bar curl-30x12x10

barbell shrug-135x12x10x10

Was being super strict squeeze and slow control, warm ups had me pumped and my weight was way lower than I expected. I believe this is going to be a hell of a ride!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, those deep stretches under load surprise you how much more effort they take with a much lower weight. I think it will increase quickly as that area of the ROM catches up in strength. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. That session looks pretty fun though.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yep, those deep stretches under load surprise you how much more effort they take with a much lower weight. I think it will increase quickly as that area of the ROM catches up in strength. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. That session looks pretty fun though.
Yeah and practice the squeezing and really activating the muscles is definitely something I haven’t done well before. I think I’m definitely going to benefit from running this and will see the benefits from it. Like you stated in your log it will take a few 2-3 meso cycles to get things figured out but I believe it’s going to be well worth it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man I don’t know what I managed to do but I have pulled or have a knot in the muscle in my neck. Like the one that run from the shoulder up into the neck, I’ve been heating and ice and massaging it trying to get it to release, no luck yet. Any ideas?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heat and Massage

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Man I don’t know what I managed to do but I have pulled or have a knot in the muscle in my neck. Like the one that run from the shoulder up into the neck, I’ve been heating and ice and massaging it trying to get it to release, no luck yet. Any ideas?
Idk exactly where you are talking about but I usually use a lacrosse ball up against a wall and roll on my traps/scaps and areas around there to work out some knots.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Magnesium, heat/very hot shower, manual work with somebody’s thumb or rolling on a peanut or lax ball if you can get enough pressure.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got it to release with a tennis ball, still a little sore but will be gtg.

family headed back home this morning so me and the wife and the kiddo had a relaxing day. Did smoke up 2 racks of ribs and made Mac and cheese and mixed up the fatty ends of the ribs into it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I Love Smoked Ribs !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those are probably the best ones I’ve made so far and they were on sale so win win. Normally I like to do a brisket but man the prices are just too high and none of them looked all that great.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back in the saddle this morning. 5 am and first round with RP hypertrophy app.

I won’t lost my warm up weights before each lift.
warmups1. 30 rep max for 12 reps
warmups 2. 20 rep max for 8 reps
Warmups 3. 10 rep max for 4 reps

Wide grip bench-135x10x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

incline DB bench- 45x8x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

T bar row- 55x10x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

skull crusher ez bar- 60x10x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

Tricep pushdown rope- 25x8x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

cable bar curls- 25x10x10x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

barbell shrug- 135x12x12x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

Starting a little on the lighter side because it will increase through the cycle. Definitely harder then I thought but using strict form slow and stretching. Warmups get things moving then working sets. Had an amazing Tricep pump and chest pump.

also took me right at a hour to complete

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got it to release with a tennis ball, still a little sore but will be gtg.

family headed back home this morning so me and the wife and the kiddo had a relaxing day. Did smoke up 2 racks of ribs and made Mac and cheese and mixed up the fatty ends of the ribs into it. View attachment 232567View attachment 232568View attachment 232569
I Love Smoked Ribs !!
Man I completely screwed up some ribs this weekend. I mean they were still good, but not fall off the bone good. I was so busy with yard work and fence building I wasn't watching my smoker close enough and the temp was running about 50f too hot so they finished an hour too early. I'm thinking about doing some again next weekend just to make myself feel better about my grill/smoker skills lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man I completely screwed up some ribs this weekend. I mean they were still good, but not fall off the bone good. I was so busy with yard work and fence building I wasn't watching my smoker close enough and the temp was running about 50f too hot so they finished an hour too early. I'm thinking about doing some again next weekend just to make myself feel better about my grill/smoker skills lol
I switched my style of cooking on them I do 3 hr smoke 160-180 degrees. Then wrap in foil with butter 250 degrees 1-2 hr depending on poke test, un wrap slather sauce 30 minutes smoker 250 degrees.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that's almost exactly what I'd love to do ideally. I have a kamado grill (Egg style) but it's the Akorn which is ceramic coated rather than full ceramic like the green eggs (75% cheaper). when it works, it's dynamite. but it's getting old and the seals are wearing out so I think even when I have it tempered way down, it's getting too much airflow and getting too hot. unfortunately it cooked my ribs at closer to 300F so they were done in a couple hours. IN the past though I've had great luck with it doing 10hr slow smokes (brisket, butt etc). I LOVE a good low and slow!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that's almost exactly what I'd love to do ideally. I have a kamado grill (Egg style) but it's the Akorn which is ceramic coated rather than full ceramic like the green eggs (75% cheaper). when it works, it's dynamite. but it's getting old and the seals are wearing out so I think even when I have it tempered way down, it's getting too much airflow and getting too hot. unfortunately it cooked my ribs at closer to 300F so they were done in a couple hours. IN the past though I've had great luck with it doing 10hr slow smokes (brisket, butt etc). I LOVE a good low and slow!
Oh yeah I understand that. I’m running a green mountain grill, it took me probably 3 months to fine tune and get it to be about +/- 5 degrees of set temp. And I added a top rack so I can have water tray my below.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah I understand that. I’m running a green mountain grill, it took me probably 3 months to fine tune and get it to be about +/- 5 degrees of set temp. And I added a top rack so I can have water tray my below.
that's kinda funny, my Akorn took me a good 3-6 months as well. I told my wife I was about ready to get rid of it and go to a pellet style digital cause I was so frustrated with it, then all the sudden I had it down to an art perfectly! but lately it's been getting hot on me again and I think it's due to bad seals letting too much airflow in... I use it at least once a week, often 2-3 x's a week especially when it's not raining so she has definitely earned her way in life.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's kinda funny, my Akorn took me a good 3-6 months as well. I told my wife I was about ready to get rid of it and go to a pellet style digital cause I was so frustrated with it, then all the sudden I had it down to an art perfectly! but lately it's been getting hot on me again and I think it's due to bad seals letting too much airflow in... I use it at least once a week, often 2-3 x's a week especially when it's not raining so she has definitely earned her way in life.
Can you just replace the seals or have to buy another device?

@akboom87 Glad you are enjoying the program too!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I see guys that use wood stove door seals on smokers I don’t know if you could try that @Dustin07

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Can you just replace the seals or have to buy another device?
I see guys that use wood stove door seals on smokers I don’t know if you could try that @Dustin07
you know what's funny I ordered a new grate for it from Chargriller back on 5/11 and it still hasn't shipped. they told me to reach out if I don't have tracking by June 16th... so I'm starting to get frustrated with the brand. it was a very good, thick heavy cast iron grate but I've used it so many times over the years it finally cracked and broke. (I'm still making it work) so I dont "need" to change brands but I sure do like the process of grilling and smoking so new toys always appeal to me!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah supply chain is still quite f'ed up whether it is legit f'ed up or them just creating the drama to keep people dependent on the government. They have really got that down to a science now...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
😅😅😅😅

when i first first first waaaaay back in the day started leaning up on a journey that would drop 60+lbs all my food was boiled for months since I couldn't cook 😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
😅😅😅😅

when i first first first waaaaay back in the day started leaning up on a journey that would drop 60+lbs all my food was boiled for months since I couldn't cook 😅😅
BLECH!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@akboom87 The new video showing how to set up drop sets, myorep and myorep match sets and stuff was released today.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@akboom87 The new video showing how to set up drop sets, myorep and myorep match sets and stuff was released today.

Nice, I saw they had a email out today to with a video don’t remember off the top of my head what it was about though.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't have the patients to smoke meat !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, I saw they had a email out today to with a video don’t remember off the top of my head what it was about though.
I will have to check my email to see. I wonder if it was about this. I do wish I had seen this before planning my meso, I would have added some Myorep or Myorep match sets. For some reason I thought they might just put them in on their own toward the end of the meso. I may end up adding a couple Myorep matches toward the final weeks just to push harder but we will see how things develop.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will have to check my email to see. I wonder if it was about this. I do wish I had seen this before planning my meso, I would have added some Myorep or Myorep match sets. For some reason I thought they might just put them in on their own toward the end of the meso. I may end up adding a couple Myorep matches toward the final weeks just to push harder but we will see how things develop.
The RP podcast has a new one all about the app I have only got 15 minutes of it so far.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am
I won’t lmy warm up weights before each lift.

squat- 170x10x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

reverse DB lunge- 20x10x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

lying leg curl-95x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

Calf machine- 80x15x13/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

DB leaning shrug-30x12x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

DB wrist curl-30x12x10x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

The slower tempo and the focusing on stretching and squeezing has been enlightening to say the least. The leg pump and trap pump was in real today.
Still early to say but I’m a strong believer in the app and training layout. (For what little knowledge and experience I have)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gym time 5 am
I won’t lmy warm up weights before each lift.

squat- 170x10x8/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

reverse DB lunge- 20x10x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

lying leg curl-95x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

Calf machine- 80x15x13/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

DB leaning shrug-30x12x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

DB wrist curl-30x12x10x10/ 2 RIR slow and stretch

The slower tempo and the focusing on stretching and squeezing has been enlightening to say the least. The leg pump and trap pump was in real today.
Still early to say but I’m a strong believer in the app and training layout. (For what little knowledge and experience I have)
I am actually happy for you that you found something like this early on in your journey. This is a great resource, and easily worth the 24.99 a month IMHO. I already dropped a couple other fitness subscriptions to get my money back there. So not spending anymore than before just putting it where it will give me the most bang for my buck.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am actually happy for you that you found something like this early on in your journey. This is a great resource, and easily worth the 24.99 a month IMHO. I already dropped a couple other fitness subscriptions to get my money back there. So not spending anymore than before just putting it where it will give me the most bang for my buck.
I agree fully I dropped 2 others that pretty mulch washed the cost. For sure 25 a month broke down 6.25 a week shoot one beer at a bar costs that. Also they don’t even have all the goodies working on the app yet they aren’t releasing some yet to work bugs out. Also yeah I pulled it up on my desktop today so easy to do and change it’s pretty cool.

also listening to the pod cast, if AI senses you are not progressing or having struggles it will de load you and prep you to come back the following week. How freaking cool is that?!