Weights up, scales down…

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like eating to much!!
Me too!

Have the green mountain grill back running with the spring like weather! Slow smoked burgers then cranked it up. Had burger, over easy egg, cheese, bacon, a smear of avocado on a light English muffin. Tasty!!

IMG_4041.JPG

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday still not quite but good enough to get at it. Finally warm weather was nice at work came home wife had the Rv all open windows doors. It’s that perfect time of year windows can be open nice cool air and perfect sleeping!

Stretching warmups before working sets

Seated Arnold press- 3x10 40lbs

Front raises- 3x10 15lbs

Side raise- 3x10 15 lbs

Seated OH BB press- 3x10 60 lbs

BB upright row- 3x10 50lbs

BB shrugs pause at top- 3x10 125lbs

DB shrugs pause at top- 3x10 50lbs

Arms on bench wrist curl- 3x10 50lbs ez bar

Standing wrist curls- 3x10 50lb ez bar

Felt good shoulders definitely toast afterwards.

Weight 257.6

Calories 1949/ fat 109.3 g/ carbs 100.5g/ protein 185g/

Fat was higher had a sirloin for lunch and then burger dinner. Sunday/Monday are usually my red meat days. Was a little high on my calories from what I’m shooting for, will drop it down remaining week.

Last week came down from a consistent 260 to 257/257.6 so will be keeping same intake and shooting for another 2-2.5 lbs drop by the end of this week.

Next job in the future right now looking like either Vermont or down to Houston TX area, quite the spread lol.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad to hear you're making progress on the scale, but from the sound of things in previous weeks you were already seeing body comp improvements even though the scale was staying the same.

Looks like your dietary adjustments are working and your supplement choices seem to be doing what they should: adding a little extra on top of the diet and training.

Good work bro, keep at it!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man! Yes still seeing the changes in arms shoulders and clothes and just general feels. Definitely think changing diet around has me dropping a little more fat but it’s not real drastic. Biggest thing is from tracking and just not being as active as I used to be with my job I just don’t expend as much so I had to tweak it some. With warmer weather and more **** going on I might have to tweak it up some.

Another gorgeous day warm sunshine just all round good. Feeling a little ambitious in the gym, for my size I do not have that great of lifts but working on it!

Weight this morning 257.6

Stretching/warmup sets before working sets

Really focusing on controlling the squeeze on chest

Machine press- 3x10 80lbs

Pec dec machine- 3x10 110lbs

Bench press- 3x10 135lbs (moved my grip out pointer finger on rings) after my sets I went normal grip 150x1 160x1 then jumped to 200x1 it was not a strong rep but I got it up I also did no rest between just press add weight press.

Incline DB BP- 3x10 45lbs

Db seated OHP- 3x10 45lbs

Skull crushers- 3x10 50lbs

V grip Tricep pushdown- 3x10 55lbs

Tricep extension machine- 3x10 80lbs

DB shurgs- 3x10 45lbs

10 mins elliptical

Back at home leashed the dogs 1 mile walk.

Calories 1405/ fat 86g/ carbs 25.2g/ protein 175g

Will have a protein shake and maybe cottage cheese before bed. Don’t have them included in above count.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting Stronger !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well yesterday was a good day for the first part. Then the wife called and we got some not so great news from her doctor. Long story and don’t feel like going into it but nothing life threatening just some personal stuff. So that definitely ruined the day. She wasn’t in the greatest mood when I got home so I did what all good men do.

Loaded her up and took her to this awesome little fire baked pizza joint, had some great pizza and a few drinks. Little mid week date night. Today we will be back in the gym and back to the grind.

Keep on keeping on

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back when I had just really started training, I ran into a guy at the gym I hadn’t seen in many months. Looked way better, had made some visible progress, and I asked him what he had been doing to get the obvious results.

He told me, “Man, I know it sounds crazy, but I started juicin’ - it just seems like my gym performance has completely taken off! I feel incredible when I train now!” I was so shocked, I was searching for words.

Then he says, “Honestly it sucks constantly having to buy all the fresh veggies every few days, & always cleaning the machine, but I feel so much healthier getting these drinks in.”

I was so glad I didn’t ask him more about steroids
We all need to get on more of that juice hahaha

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well yesterday was a good day for the first part. Then the wife called and we got some not so great news from her doctor. Long story and don’t feel like going into it but nothing life threatening just some personal stuff. So that definitely ruined the day. She wasn’t in the greatest mood when I got home so I did what all good men do.

Loaded her up and took her to this awesome little fire baked pizza joint, had some great pizza and a few drinks. Little mid week date night. Today we will be back in the gym and back to the grind.

Keep on keeping on
I don’t know you, but prayers for you and your family. Not life threatening is a lot better than finding something else out. Really a glass half full situation, especially if it was something caught early or something!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t know you, but prayers for you and your family. Not life threatening is a lot better than finding something else out. Really a glass half full situation, especially if it was something caught early or something!
Appreciate it!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Best Wishes For You and the Wife !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah my wife had a workplace confrontation Monday that kinda shook her up; I almost had to go in. So I bought her icecream for when she got home. Sometimes between comfort food and just showing you care, that’s the best way to help them out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah my wife had a workplace confrontation Monday that kinda shook her up; I almost had to go in. So I bought her icecream for when she got home. Sometimes between comfort food and just showing you care, that’s the best way to help them out.
That reminds me I need to take a Double Cheese Burger home tonight.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday was a good day beautiful weather! Had to compensate for the pizza and drinks from day before, so gym work was hard to say the least

Weight 255.4

Stretching/ warmup sets before working sets

Deadlift- 135x5 200x5 245x1

Pull ups- 1x3

BB row- 3x10 130lbs

Row machine- 3x10 110 lbs

Lat pull down- 3x10 100 lbs

Ez bar curl- 3x10 50lbs

DB hammer curls- 3x10 30lbs

Plate curls-3x10 45lbs then drop set to wes shrugs

Bicep machine-3x10 60lbs

2x15 plate shrugs 45lbs

Was definitely gassed as I basically had nothing in me other then a couple fair life shakes. Crazy though less calories I have and basically fasted it seems like I feel the muscles much more. You can bet my ass was racing back home to get the grill fired up for some chicken!

Also really considering ordering iconic formulations Neuro AET to give it a run for me and the wife.

Calories 1604/ fat 50.2/ carbs 139.7g/ protein 194g

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some great work; it’s obvious you’re getting stronger too
Thanks Hyde! Yeah I am which is good for being in a pretty decent deficit. I am looking forward to when I am eating maintenance/ slight surplus be interesting to see strength gains.

I got a long ways to go though so just happy doing what I’m doing!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Hyde! Yeah I am which is good for being in a pretty decent deficit. I am looking forward to when I am eating maintenance/ slight surplus be interesting to see strength gains.

I got a long ways to go though so just happy doing what I’m doing!
It’s all about the journey

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope things are better for you an the wife.

Fair life is my preference as well

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes things are good, she has PCOS which we have kinda figured and then officially had it diagnosed. So working some of those issues out.

Anyways well the sunshine disappeared today has been raining all day. Only did 5 hrs at work today then came home had a pre workout meal and got ready for the gym. Then came home and deep cleaned. Attacked the sink for a solid 30 min with brush and bar keepers, I hate stainless steel sinks. They look good when cleaned and shined but get dingy in a hurry. Wife is making me gym shirts with the cricut so a good afternoon.

Weight 255.4

Stretching/warm ups before working sets

Squats-2x10 145lbs 1x3 200lbs

Stiff legged dead’s- 3x10 90lbs

Leg curl- 3x10 95lbs

Leg press- 3x10 180lbs

Leg extension- 3x10 85lbs

Standing calf raises with BB- 3x10 130 lbs

Seated calf extension machine- 3x10 125lbs

Tricep push downs-3x10 75lbs

Cable Tricep pull down one arm at a time- 3x20 20lbs then just went to failure one arm then to the next

crucifix curl- 3x10 40lbs 3x8 30lbs 3x8 20lbs 3x8 10lbs very little rests between

Calories 1852/ fat 74.2g/ carbs 180 g/ protein 195 g

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out powdered Inositol, like 3-6g daily, to help with various PCOS metabolic issues. Nutricost on Amazon has very affordable bulk Inositol. Can’t even taste it in a little glass of water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check out powdered Inositol, like 3-6g daily, to help with various PCOS metabolic issues. Nutricost on Amazon has very affordable bulk Inositol. Can’t even taste it in a little glass of water.
Your wealth of knowledge astounds me !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Will definitely check this out, appreciate it!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Welcome back Monday, my body definitely seems to take longer to adjust to the whole spring forward time. Was a good weekend got lots of walks in stocked up on some meats for the week got some service work accomplished on the Rv I have been pushing off due to winter. Now back to work and then real work after work

Weight 255.7 surprised I maintained close to the 255 mark as Saturday was sorta a re feed day I could tell I was feeling depleted and had breakfast/lunch/sushi / dinner

Stretching warmups before working sets.

After stretching out I went and did one set of 3 pull-ups, then went did a few empty bench press warmups then total of 80lbs for 35 reps.

BB OHSP- 3x10 65lbs

Up right row- 3x10 55lbs

Front raise- 3x10 15lbs

Side raise- 3x10 15lbs

Shoulder press machine- 3x10 45 lbs each side

DB shurgs/Wes shrugs- 3x10 25 lb hold at the top 3 seconds and kick my arms out slightly-then drop set 3x10 45lb plates stretch the traps down and shrug up and hold 2 count.

Tricep pushdown machine- 3x10 150lbs

Cable curls-1x10 75lbs 2x10 50lbs

Plate curls-3x10 45 lbs

Calories 1486/ fat 38.7 g/ carbs 134 g/ protein 184 g

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Low calories !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can get by on 1400 calories, but I'm 70lbs lighter !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don’t worry guys I’m not going to wither away yet, body has plenty of fat reserves to burn up yet lol! Mondays are usually always my lowest calorie days, after the weekends my appetite is not real strong, and my Saturday re feed it offsets the uptake in calories. Then weekdays I start moving the iron and the body definitely says hey feed me more!

Looking back at some pictures today and I just can’t believe how bad I was looking just 6 months ago. Definitely a big motivation just seeing what a slug I was starting to be before!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don’t worry guys I’m not going to wither away yet, body has plenty of fat reserves to burn up yet lol! Mondays are usually always my lowest calorie days, after the weekends my appetite is not real strong, and my Saturday re feed it offsets the uptake in calories. Then weekdays I start moving the iron and the body definitely says hey feed me more!

Looking back at some pictures today and I just can’t believe how bad I was looking just 6 months ago. Definitely a big motivation just seeing what a slug I was starting to be before!
Great to hear you are seeing the difference, that will help to keep you on track !!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not a fan !
Whew, I'm not the only one! Although I will confess, I probably have not given sushi a fair shot.

With the way my appetite is these days, I'd probably gorge on it if I found some that tasted decent.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whew, I'm not the only one! Although I will confess, I probably have not given sushi a fair shot.

With the way my appetite is these days, I'd probably gorge on it if I found some that tasted decent.
Honestly if you tried it and didn’t enjoy it don’t waste your money & be happy; if you are a cheap date then life is good!!!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another wet rainy day yesterday makes for a blah day. Still feeling strong, lighter and tighter so can’t complain. Gym was packed yesterday and my attitude went pretty shitty pretty quickly.

Stretching/ warmups/ warm up reps before working sets.

Bench- 3x10 140 lbs (my Tricep work I think is finally showing definitely felt stronger)

Incline DB press- 3x10 50lbs

SOHP DB- 1x10 1x8 1x8 45lbs ( started to break down on these, 60 second rest between sets

Pec deck machine- 3x10 115lbs

Machine press- 3x10 85lbs

Skull crushers- 1x10 1x8 1x8 60lbs ( started breaking down after first set)

Tricep v grip pushdown- 3x10 55lbs then just straight cable one arm Tricep pull downs 15lbs 15 each arm

Tricep extension machine- 3x10 85lbs

And was spent

Weight 254.6 lbs

Calories 1634/ fat 54g/ carbs 130g/ protein 184.3g

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Day At The Gym !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great Day At The Gym !!
Any day at the gym for me is a great day, just some times I get annoyed

Today uneventful rain again pretty much all day off and on, work was a total mud fest. Appetite was strong today.

Went to the gym a little earlier as I got off earlier, hammered out 2.5 miles on the elliptical. Was a sweat fest jeez it was like the faucet was turned on. For dinner did air fryer chicken normally I track and measure food for not 100 percent perfect but damn close. Well she made this I don’t know what to even call it…… had pepperoni, salami , cheese cubes, broccoli, cauliflower, pepper rings, onions, bell peppers and olive oil. I had no clue how to track this and it was delicious. So calorie count could be skewed today.

Calories 2019/ fat 79.2h/ carbs 141.8g/ protein 217 g

Tomorrow is back and bicep/ Tricep really wanted to hit it today but stuck to the cardio and a little more time in the evening at home.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tracking can be tricky sometimes, and it really is not that important to the average Joe, it just keeps you honest and on track. Enjoy life !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any day at the gym for me is a great day, just some times I get annoyed
Amen to that! I honestly just don't feel right if I haven't gotten some physical exertion in to start my day.

Nice session.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well she made this I don’t know what to even call it…… had pepperoni, salami , cheese cubes, broccoli, cauliflower, pepper rings, onions, bell peppers and olive oil.
I'd call it "automatic seconds... and thirds!"

Sounds amazing. But yeah, probably pretty high on the calories, depending on your portion sizes of course.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd call it "automatic seconds... and thirds!"

Sounds amazing. But yeah, probably pretty high on the calories, depending on your portion sizes of course.
Yes it was seconds worthy and lunch today worthy. She is always making something new. Me I’m like a dog I could eat the same thing day after day, but I don’t argue

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife is a great cook also, and I make sure she knows I appreciate her hard work !! I'm sure you do the same !

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My wife is a great cook also, and I make sure she knows I appreciate her hard work !! I'm sure you do the same !
Oh most definitely!!

Well yesterday was kinda a crap shoot. Rain again and starting at 2 am the dog had the screaming shits, so about every hr I was getting up and taking him outside in the pouring rain, yay. Sleep was ****, the only good thing was called off work at noon. So got home ate some chicken took a little power nap then off to the gym. Just wasn’t feeling great most likely from sleep. Lifts felt weak and lower back was acting up.

Weight 254.6 lbs surprised this didn’t move up as been slightly up on calories.

Stretching/ warm up sets before working sets.

Pull ups- 2, 1,1 then just did 5 negatives

Deadlift- could feel the back acting funny so dropped the weight, worked up to 1x5 200lbs

BB row- 3x10 135lbs

Lat pull downs- 3x10 90lbs

Lat cable push downs- 3x10 50lbs

Seated row- 3x10 100lbs

Crucifix cable curls- 3x10 30lbs

Ez bar bicep curl- 3x10 60lbs

DB hammer curls- 3x10 30 pounds

DB trap shrugs- 3x10 30 lbs ( stretch the traps way down then shrug up and kick arms out to the side seems to really target traps well)

Calories 1892/ fat 86.4g/ carbs 113.8g/ protein 195g

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great looking workout !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Solid work. Damn these dogs lol. Gotta love em though!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes it was hard love at that time in the morning but I’ve been there myself

Definitely can feel my back today in a good way. I have really never had large lats so I’m hoping in time they will start growing!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes it was hard love at that time in the morning but I’ve been there myself

Definitely can feel my back today in a good way. I have really never had large lats so I’m hoping in time they will start growing!
Keep doing those pull up and they will grow !

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well yesterday was a pretty good day, other then the hurricane like wind. Tore up legs in the gym, then came home and cooked fajita steak bowls!!!

Today went and found this cave place and went and did some hiking!

Yesterday
Weight 255

Stretching, warm up reps before working sets.

Squats- 3x10 150lbs

SLDL- 3x10 100lbs

Leg curl machine- 3x10 100lbs

Leg press- 3x10 190lbs

Leg extension- 3x10 85lbs

BB calf raise- 3x10 140lbs

Calf extension machine- 3x10 130lbs

Definitely can tell I’m getting with some better weights and or starting to connect mind muscle connection better. Definitely was beat after the week.

Calories 2236/ fat 120.6g/ carbs 138g/ protein 195 g

Have something I will be adding in starting Monday!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cave hiking sounds like a blast!
Yea it was a good time, just needed to be warmer!

Well today was hectic, work was a mess, everyone lost there minds over the weekend I guess. Then had some engineering issues and wrong part numbers for fittings, so that was a blast.

Was hoping for a good workout today as I was ready for it!!! Got home the wife is ready I change and we head to the gym, we get about 20 minutes into shoulders. I could tell she was not into it, I finally asked what’s wrong and oh boy here comes hormones. So I try to comfort her but lost cause in a packed gym, so I said let’s just go and I’ll grill burgers.

Did make some damn good burgers though!! We will try again tomorrow.

Calories 1859/ fat 100g/ carbs 83g/ protein 187g

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So after following along on, New guy’s log in the supplement log section, I decided to order and try Neuro AET by Iconic Formulations. Got 2 bottles one for me and I got one for her to see if it will help with stress and if she doesn’t care for it more for me lol!

Will be dosing per the directions 2 applications, will be timing 5:30 am and 2 pm.

IMG_4175.JPG

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday was a great day! Just felt awesome! Smashed a good session, grilled some good pork chops, slept like a baby.

Weight 255.6

Calories 1685/ fat 97g/ carbs 93g/ protein 145g

10mins elliptical

Stretching/warmup sets before working sets

Incline DB press- 3x10 55lbs

Seated OHP DB- 3x10 45lbs

Bench press- 3x10 145lbs

Pec dec- 3x10 120lbs

Machine press- 3x10 80lbs (I was at complete failure on this made it through but was a struggle)

Skull crushers- 3x10 50lb ez bar then drop set into seated Tricep extension with 30lb DB until failure.

V grip push down- 3x10 60lbs

Tricep extension machine- 3x10 80lbs

Triceps destroyed, chest pumped and tight!