Ways to make oatmeal taste good

Conrad4550

Conrad4550

Awards
Looking for ways to make oatmeal taste better, any ideas would be much appreciated!

robmm

robmm

Awards
I usually just throw diffrent flavours of whey to help or the sugar free syrup from walden farms is decent

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
I add a spoonful of nutella and a spoonful of natural peanut butter! It tastes like chocolate!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Slow cooker. Cinnamon, splenda, some raisins, a banana. Or you can go pb route and mix in some PB2.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Oats
PB
Chocolate Protein powder
Honey

Or a pack of sweet n low if I don't use the honey. With a dash of milk lol

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Believe it or not, plain oatmeal tastes good (relatively) mixed with scrambled eggs and cheese. I'll do 1/2 cup raw oats, 3 eggs, some low fat cheese all mixed for breakfast. It is quite filling.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hot sauce. totally serious. I like my salty foods. Goes great with eggs/spinach

CNPComicNerd

Awards
Honey
Cinnamon
And a scoop of PB and/or Nutella

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Conrad4550

Conrad4550

Awards
Thank you everyone! I'll make sure to give some of these a try!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Conrad4550

Conrad4550

Awards
I usually add Franks Red Hot to almost everything! I consider Franks to be the "Nectar of the Gods" lol

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Just buy flavored instant. If your going to add flavoring or artificially flavored protein powder anyway, might as well just get the good stuff.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cinnamon + stevia and the a little SF maple syrup.

can eat this erry morning and still like it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cinnamon + stevia and the a little SF maple syrup.

can eat this erry morning and still like it.
A scoop of Select peanut butter cup. Or vanilla or just about any flavor

/thread

:)

Ace68440

Awards
Looking for ways to make oatmeal taste better, any ideas would be much appreciated!
Peanut Butter man! Also throw in some sweetened dried cranberries. I don't know how you are with sugar you can add just a little of that though. Try organic cane sugar.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adding fruits, protein powder, and even something simple like cinnamon or salted. Nut butters are great too and so are whole nuts if you would like a crunch.

To get it extra thick, chia seeds are a great addition. So are egg whites. When all the water is almost absorbed, add some liquid egg whites, put in the microwave for 10 seconds so they do not full cook, take it out, stir, and repeat if you'd like. It makes the oatmeal extra thick and creamy.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I use coconut milk, egg whites, chia seeds and Greek yoghurt

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
I personally mix in a scoop of isolate for flavor. The more interesting ones make the difference. This is also great for overnight oats.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chocolate whey, cocoa powder, use 1% milk...
Cream of wheat with birthday cake powder tastes like cake batter that pulled out the oven early

Slapoyjoe

Stevia and cinnamon. I also use bulk powders zero calorie syrups. My favourites are maple and chocolate caramel.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Step 1. Take out oatmeal
Step 2. Walk to garbage.
Step 3. Throw out oatmeal.
Step 4. Find another carb source.

This is how i enjoy my oatmeal

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
little bit of almond milk. A good protein powder like boston cream pie flavor, and a banana sliced up in it.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I run my oats through a coffee grinder and drink them in my protein shake. They go down a lot easier

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or if you can afford the extra sugar in your diet, if you make oats and mix in some jam, that's pretty good too.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been doing mine with yogurt overnight. Add a bit of milk (almond, soy, or water if u like). Next day for my snack i just throw a scoop of protein and chop up banana in it. This is my PWO meal.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Step 1. Take out oatmeal
Step 2. Walk to garbage.
Step 3. Throw out oatmeal.
Step 4. Find another carb source.

This is how i enjoy my oatmeal
I'm just seeing this. Man I couldn't make it with out my oats! When I was on very strict diets with refeeds I would so look forward to my oats with protein. With be my one meal that I would really look forward to almost like my desert. Everyone has their own preferences though.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Could do overnight oats. Oats, small small amount of cream in mason jar leave over night and put some fruit in it.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alot of erythritol and green bananas (for resistant starch).

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL Half a cup of oats, packet of stevia, 3-5 grams of cocoa powder, and 30 mg of sugar free maple syrup

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cook a banana and some dates in coconut milk. Then add oats and sprinkle with shredde coconut, sugar free chocolate chips and fresh raspberry’s once it done.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another option:
60 grams oats, 99 grams blue berries. Mix a thicker protein shake 4oz water 1 scoop protein, pour that on oats berries stir or shake real good, add some nuts for fat macros. Put in fridge over night, take it out sprinkle with cinnamon. Damn good

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mix your protein shake with the raw oats, add berries, leave in fridge over night and you will wake up to a lovely dessert that you can eat straight away cold. I call it summer porridge

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A bowl of oats with a half tbs pad of butter and sim cracked pepper.

also like bananas and PB if calories don’t matter much

also dried fruit cranberries and apricot with some pumpkin seeds hemp seeds chopped almonds is good

AndyJackson

Awards
"I would like to share a recipe which is by far my best oatmeal recipe. I got this one from iahas.com and it is a very tasty and healthy breakfast option.

Add a nutty crunch of toasted walnuts and pecans to your creamy bowl of breakfast oats. Cook with banana, berries, and apple for vata, pitta, and kapha respectively for natural sweetness and doshic balance.

Good for Vata dosha.
For pitta, avoid dry fruits and add fresh berries.

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 person

Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats1 cup water2 Tablespoon ghee (preferably cow’s ghee)1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (unsalted)½ Tablespoon dried/fresh blueberries or any other berries you like¼ teaspoon of cinnamon

Method
Add oats and water to a pot and bring it to a boil.Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.Take a shallow pan and melt the ghee over medium-high flame.Toast the nuts and remove them from heat.Add the cinnamon to oatmeal and serve with toasted nuts and fresh berries.

Serving suggestions
Tastes delicious with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey, or a spoonful of ghee."

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been enjoying Cold Overnight Oats lately

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i take half an apple sliced into little pieces, put it together with 100g oats, 0,2% milk, almond milk, or water, (doesn't make that much of a difference unless you use something really fatty of course), flavour drops (i prefer vanilla or butter biscuit) ...
then microwave it, then when its still hot put 5 eggwhites and one yolk in it, stir it and maybe heat it just a little bit more. then put cinnamon on it let it cool off and eat it.

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just take the regular Quaker oats, microwave with water, add milk, honey, maple syrup. lots of people don't know you can microwave the full size oats too

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oats
Milk
Trutein Lemon Meringue
Blueberries
Sugar free blueberry syrup
Top with sugar free whipped cream

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Overnight oats.

oats, almond milk, chia seeds, couple date fruit, a scoop of whey, any sugar free syrup of your liking

CrystelAngel

Awards
I prepare them with half water and half almond milk, which results in a creamy texture. I season them with salt and a bit of black pepper instead of sugar. If you're really hungry, top them with a scrambled egg for some extra protein.