• Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Squat 6 sets
Rope Lat pulldown 3 sets
Cable deadlifts 3 sets
Seated DB curl 3 sets
Incline DB Hammer curl 3 sets

Leg press superset with wide grip pulldown superset with preacher curl machine 3 sets
Roppe pullback superset with reverse grip curl 3 sets

Felt like an up and down workout. I really paid attention to depth of squatting. Narrowed my stance from what I'm used to which is still a bit odd but allows me to get deeper than I have been. Must have fallen into some bad habits at some point. However after that I wanted to do lat pulldowns but someone was on the pulldown machine so I had to use a normal cable machine. I also tried a cable deadlift that I saw someone in a video do but I didn't think much of it. I probably wasn't doing it right but I didn't notice much for the exercise. But my bicep work felt great.

I had a great pump in my legs after squatting and especially after the leg press. My leg felt full and shaky, just how a good leg workout should be. My biceps ballooned up as well. Starting to get the thick vein running over the middle of my bicep to be more visible and my forearms are showing more veins as well.

Last night in the mirror I noticed my lats look pretty wide compared to what they were. Maybe they still had a pump but I was impressed and happy. I need to get on a scale to find out whats been going on but it's been a busy week so far after the gym.

Didn't sleep much last night. Fell asleep fine but my neighbors have a car port right under my bedroom window and whenever its windy it causes howling and it was bad last night, a lot of wind and things banging my around kept waking me up. Swore I was going to wake up and see my grill across my yard.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Great work continuing in here bud, how is strength going? any numbers increasing?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great work continuing in here bud, how is strength going? any numbers increasing?
I've hit a few PR's....a couple of cable related stuff that I don't really get too excited about but have mentioned them for the sake of the log...I've also hit a 8 rep high on squats, that was until I felt like I wasn't doing doing full squat....so yesterday I did 285lb which I could usually get 8-10 reps, I only got 6 yesterday because I was paying extra attention to getting super low...so because of that I rather get all the way to the ground than worry about weight, plus that weight will bounce back up to where it should be quickly

what I'm happy with is I haven't lost and strength in the gym even while decreasing carbs and doing hiit cardio

made me feel good yesterday when a guy came to my desk at work and was asking me about supplements because I'm "always making gains" and today he was back asking about diet tips.....I've always been more concerned with looking better than I have lifting big weights, even though that's been fun too

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I've hit a few PR's....a couple of cable related stuff that I don't really get too excited about but have mentioned them for the sake of the log...I've also hit a 8 rep high on squats, that was until I felt like I wasn't doing doing full squat....so yesterday I did 285lb which I could usually get 8-10 reps, I only got 6 yesterday because I was paying extra attention to getting super low...so because of that I rather get all the way to the ground than worry about weight, plus that weight will bounce back up to where it should be quickly

what I'm happy with is I haven't lost and strength in the gym even while decreasing carbs and doing hiit cardio

made me feel good yesterday when a guy came to my desk at work and was asking me about supplements because I'm "always making gains" and today he was back asking about diet tips.....I've always been more concerned with looking better than I have lifting big weights, even though that's been fun too
I know how you feel about the accessory stuff but a PR is a PR, I get excited when ibust out some reps at 80lbs on the tricep pressdown machine when a couple weeks ago I was at 72.5. stuff like that makes you pumped about moving the whole stack!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know how you feel about the accessory stuff but a PR is a PR, I get excited when ibust out some reps at 80lbs on the tricep pressdown machine when a couple weeks ago I was at 72.5. stuff like that makes you pumped about moving the whole stack!
Totally agree, a PR is a PR! Gotta have them victories (even if they're small ones) to help keep you motivated.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good points guys....I try to push heavy weight on Monday and Tuesdays.....last winter and spring I did DC training and really enjoyed it probably because each time your improving your numbers with each workout

right now that mirror is my motivation but still feels good to move some good weight

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe I should have said: "Being able to see progress, be it in the mirror or with the weights, is good for motivation." Lol!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Maybe I should have said: "Being able to see progress, be it in the mirror or with the weights, is good for motivation." Lol!
ok,

these logs have been going on for like 6 months now. is this ready to be sold now?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok,

these logs have been going on for like 6 months now. is this ready to be sold now?
There's a very good possibility that the boss likes how the logs are going.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday

Even with a bum shoulder and less food than the beginning of the year, Laxacrine is still allowing me to push heavy weight and seems to let me push more weight even late into my workout. Really like the muscle endurance. I haven't felt the same sense of well being from the doses lately. Tonight I plan on dry brushing my skin really good to see if I can do my part at improving the absorption of the Laxacrine
Early on in this log I realized the same thing regarding absorption .... so I've been using my lady's scrubby thingy in the shower to really hit the areas I apply Laxacrine. Totally exfoliating the area and deep cleansing of the pores really seems to help absorption ... at least from what I can tell. Works for me ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Early on in this log I realized the same thing regarding absorption .... so I've been using my lady's scrubby thingy in the shower to really hit the areas I apply Laxacrine. Totally exfoliating the area and deep cleansing of the pores really seems to help absorption ... at least from what I can tell. Works for me ;)
Yeah thats kind of why i dry brush, i mean i do it anyway since it seems to help with dry skin in the winter....have to take care of the skin, its the largest organ we have and a lot of people dont take enough care of it

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Not yet, i might need another bottle or two before we can tell for sure
Yeah ... I think we should really explore the long term effects of Laxacrine .... ya know, for science of course ;) A couple more bottles for research purposes only of course.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah ... I think we should really explore the long term effects of Laxacrine .... ya know, for science of course ;) A couple more bottles for research purposes only of course.
Of course

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

HIIT Cardio 10 minutes
Ab wheel 3 sets
LISS cardio 5 minutes
Leg raises 3 sets
LISS cardio 5 minutes
Ab lounge 3 sets
LISS cardio 5 minutes
Sit ups 2 sets

Still doing an alternating cardio/ab workout. Shortened my HIIT cardio down to 10 minutes however I am still doing the same amount of sprints as I always do. I do six 20 second sprints so it equals about 2 minutes of sprinting. I usually do it on an elliptical and did the same yesterday but the foot pedal seems loose and like it was about to fall off. It might have got in my head that it would break off because I didn't feel like my sprints were all that effective. Either way the alternating of the cardio and abs has me moving around the gym and keeping my heart rate elevated which feels good.

Nothing really else to report. It's been a busy week after the gym so I didn't get to monitor myself in the mirror last night as I was doing stuff around the house and before I knew it, it was time for bed. Hopefully I get some downtime this weekend.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not yet, i might need another bottle or two before we can tell for sure
Of course
You guys are killing me here. I don't want to wait for you guys to finish running 2-3 bottles in Beta tests before it hits the market!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
You guys are killing me here. I don't want to wait for you guys to finish running 2-3 bottles in Beta tests before it hits the market!
familyguyquestforstuff01-r471x.jpg

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we can meet half way, you can start selling the product....and just send me a few more bottles

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Incline DB press superset with reverse peck deck 3 sets
Seated BB shoulder press superset with decline hammer strength 3 sets
Hammer strength shoulder press superset with peck deck 3 sets
Rear delt flies superset with side lateral raise 2 sets
Dip machine 4 sets
Straight bar underhand extension 3 sets
V bar extension 3 sets
Rope cable kickbacks 3 sets

Ever have a day in the gym where the weight just doesn't right? That was me yesterday, all day I couldn't wait to get to the gym, even as I drove to the gym I thought to myself, I feel good maybe I'll go heavy even though its my volume type day. Then I touch a weight and it's a struggle to move it. It seemed like any weight I touch was a bit difficult. Towards the middle of the workout I decided, ok if I can't lift a ton of weight, it's time to pay extra close attention to squeezing my muscle while doing a full range of motion. I did however attempt a PR on a dip machine. I've done the stack on the machine before and I've attached a 10lb plate but yesterday I tried a 35lb plate. First attempt the pin fell out and the plate went crashing to the ground. Second attempt it worked but it didn't feel right so after the set I took the plate off and just did the stack almost like a drop set.

Even with the weight not being what I wanted. I had an awesome pump. My delts had some nice veins running through them. I saw some nice details in my shoulders.

No rashes or irritation from the Laxacrine. Even with me dry brushing and shaving the area I apply the gel to I haven't noticed any negative reaction yet.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol! That was me yesterday as well! Just dropped weight and focused more on the contraction.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I've had those days .... I just do the same thing you did, switch to a volume workout instead and focus on the eccentric, squeeze, feel the muscle thing. Maybe do a few drop sets or 21's for biceps or delts depending on what muscle groups are on tap for that day.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
You gotta listen to your body

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
ok,

ehhh more like a couple weeks but were getting close to the release date!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
ehhh more like a couple weeks but were getting close to the release date!
Looking forward to it! Any idea what you're gonna price it at yet?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

Leg extension superset with lying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
Squat superset with pull up 3 sets
Squat superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
Incline DB curl 3 sets
BB curl 3 sets
Preacher curl machine 3 sets

Seated high cable rope row superset with reverse curl 3 sets

Not my favorite workout but I got some good information during the workout. I didn't plan on doing 6 sets of squats, I didn't really even think I would be squatting during this workout but I started doing squats and before I knew it, my buddy at the gym and I were going back and fourth squatting and watching each others form. The workout ended up taking a lot longer than my normal workout because of the time between sets. I usually go quickly between sets but watching form for someone else took up a lot of time. He gave me some good tips from what he saw, so it ended up being pretty productive.

My biceps blew up pretty good and by my reverse curl I felt like my range of motion was so short because my biceps were so full of blood.

I was super hungry on Friday, I don't know why but all day even after lunch and other meals I just wanted more and more food. I should of made it a big reefed day but instead I decided to eat some extra steak for an additional meal. I probably needed more calories but I look back now and think I've reduced my carbs a good deal maybe I should of did a refeed.

I'm down another lb on the scale so I'm moving in the right direction. My mother also mentioned last night that I looked bigger across the chest and shoulders. I was impressed because I had a tshirt and button down on so it wasn't like I just had a t shirt on and she noticed. Also because she said similar things when I was starting to increase calories but now that I'm reducing calories it was more impressive. I seem to gain thickness around my chest and shoulders quickly whenever I'm going to gain any size.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I like your split, you dont see a lot of guys train legs/arms since both are a focused on body part. Great work in here. There have been a few reports of increased hunger on Laxo recently.. interesting.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like your split, you dont see a lot of guys train legs/arms since both are a focused on body part. Great work in here. There have been a few reports of increased hunger on Laxo recently.. interesting.
thanks, it sort of just happened....last winter I was doing physical therapy 3 days a week so I wasn't always able to get to the gym like normal, so I decided to do dc training to fit in all muscle groups in a week....after therapy I was still doing a dc style, so I was actually hitting each muscle twice a week dc style...I also don't like lifting more than 2 days in a row, but I quickly found out if your doing dc training 4 times a week and hitting each muscle twice a week, your going to wear yourself out really quick

so that's why now I try and go heavy on Monday and Tuesday, then more volume/pump based on Thursday and Saturday....it reminds me of a generic phat training routine that layne Norton uses...in theory anyway

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Squat 6 sets
Lat Pulldown 3 sets
Hammer Strength Low row 3 sets
Ez curl bar curl wide grip 3 sets
Ez curl bar curl close grip 3 sets

Stiff legged dead lift superset with rope pulldown 3 sets

So squatting didn't go as planned. I wanted to go heavy and did go pretty heavy all while paying close attention to depth. My last set I had to cheat on a few reps with my depth which I was disappointed with. I did however turn around and hit a nice PR on the hammer strength low row. I don't use the machine much because I'm short haha and the chest bad with my short arms make it hard to get the handles. So the set I did my PR I had someone push the handles towards me to start off but it did allow me to do extra weight which I was happy about. I also went pretty heavy on the lat pulldown, not sure if it was any kind of PR or anything but I was happy with the weight I pulled. I'm also really enjoying the new way I've been doing pull downs. I start with my back straight and bring the rope to my sides, then after about 6-8 reps I lean forward and pull down towards my upper quad, then I bend forward even more and your basically pulling down between your legs but by the end of the set your fried and it hits each part of your lats.

Last night in the mirror I looked full, I was really happy with the roundness of my shoulders. It's something I've struggled with over the last few years. I get wide around the shoulders but not that bowling ball look. But last night I felt like they were turning a corner. This morning however I looked flat. Of course I didn't have any food but my quads looked really thin. I'll have to evaluate tonight to see after food how I look.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Flat DB bench 3 sets
Incline BB bench 3 sets
Shoulder press 3 sets
Side lateral raise 3 sets
Ez bar skull crusher into close grip press 3 sets
Reverse Underhand straight bar extension 3 sets

Wide grip high row superset with close grip press down 3 sets
Incline smith machine press 3 sets
Reverse peck deck superset with DB kickbacks 3 sets

Started off a bit slow, my shoulders were a bit sore, it's not the same pain I had but more of a my shoulder needs to crack type feeling. Either way I ended either matching or increasing a PR with DB's by a single rep. I then went on to go really heavy on incline bench. The fun continued with shoulder presses where I was really happy with the weight and reps I was pushing. As you can see I went back to incline presses. Read an article about going back to an exercise late in your workout and breaking a plateau. I don't have a plateau but figured it couldn't hurt when I was already fatigued. Ok no more ranting, I felt like I had a good workout. I really felt like I hit good strength numbers and hit all the exercises I wanted to.

The pump was ridiculous and lasted into the night, my chest last night after my shoulder looked wider, like it filled out the front of my body a lot more than usual. My triceps were filled that when I did my LISS cardio I really felt like I had to struggle to stretch them behind my head.

I had noticed I've been a lot hungrier the last few days. Half way between meals the hunger hits me. I haven't given in as I'm staying within my macros and want to leave enough food available throughout the day but it's been tough.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

10 minute HIIT
ab wheel 3 sets
5 minutes LISS
leg raise 3 sets
5 minute LISS
Ab lounge 3 sets
5 minute LISS
Hanging crunches 1 set

So I got blamed yesterday for breaking the elliptical haha. I go to hard on it and must have cracked something. So I had to do my HIIT cardio sprinting on a treadmill. I'm not a huge fan of the impact but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do". I really like doing my cardio/ab day like this. Not because I'm seeing that its working that much better, more so because your constantly moving and going quickly from one thing to the next. I feel like I sweat more just from going back and fourth so many times than just doing cardio first and then abs. So I'll stick with this.

I'm really loving the Pump Juice pick up I get. Work has been exhausting and I drink the PJE and I'm good at the gym. Awake, alert, and focused to do what I need to do.

I did notice last night my stomach felt a big bigger again. I didn't feel bloated but like my stomach is sticking out again. In the mirror it looked a little defined, kinda weird. I may add a 5th pump of the Laxacrine to close out the bottle to see if I can again get a boost in it's effectiveness before I run out.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if an extra pump overnight is going to do much for you, sometimes in certain products, more isnt always better, but im interested as to why you have this bloat feeling/effect... im sure you track your diet fairly well so this is very interesting.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Leg extension superset with lying leg curl superset with hammer strength low row 3 sets
Leg press superset with close grip cable row 3 sets
Front squat superset with pull ups 3 sets
BB curl 3 sets
Incline DB curl 3 sets
Preacher machine curl 3 sets

Standing calve raise superset with t bar row 3 sets (20 reps)

Really happy with the overall workout. I wanted to change some things up, for example I usually do t bar rows after the leg extension and curl because the stations are in close proximity but decided to go with something different. Went really heavy on leg extension with ended up hurting the right side of my right leg, I don't know if the bad was sitting weird or I wasn't level on the seat but once I messed with my foot it felt better. Set another PR on low row sort of, I went up a lot of weight, got someone to push the handle forward for me and got 4 reps, to me they felt like partials but it might have been in my head. During leg press I felt worn out and didn't think I would squat but I quickly caught a second wind and was able to front squat and pull ups. The guys were discussing crossfit so I tried a set of kippings (sp?) and I have no idea how to do them but it was fun just messing around a bit. This workout I finished with some 20 rep t bar rows to really just drive extra blood into my back.

Eliptical is still broke so I had to do sprints on a treadmill and after a leg workout I thought I was going to die. After 2 sprints I felt like it wasn't too bad and got cocky, the last 4 sprints felt like death.

Last night in the mirror the sweep in my quads looked awesome if I do say so myself. I'm seeing some extra leaning out this week which I'm happy about and hope it continues. Haven't noticed any muscle loss at this time.

I've also felt a bit of well being after dosing the Laxacrine again, I'm running low on it. I'm guessing sometime next week I'll run out. We'll see.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if an extra pump overnight is going to do much for you, sometimes in certain products, more isnt always better, but im interested as to why you have this bloat feeling/effect... im sure you track your diet fairly well so this is very interesting.
I'm not sure why its happening. I know I've been dealing with some family members health issues which could cause stress but diet wise I haven't really changed anything major. I used to get a bit sick from eggs in the morning but it would always go away in an hour or 2 and haven't had that issue in awhile. Doesn't make sense for it to be at night after the gym though since I don't eat eggs at night ever.

Like we've joked thought my abs are becoming more visable each week yet when I turn to the side my stomach doesn't look flat it has a bit of a rounded look.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if it's not related to one of the other supplements that you are taking? Is there anything you are using now that you haven't used before? Just spit-balling here.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if it's not related to one of the other supplements that you are taking? Is there anything you are using now that you haven't used before? Just spit-balling here.
slintensity and pump juice extreme....slintensity is only 1 cap a day with meal 3, the pump juice extreme started after the bloat did....I may have started slintnesity after the bloat started too....I was thinking about a week off from supps once I'm done with this log

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increased sodium? Or decrease in minerals/electrolytes?

I can't imagine the bloat is due to the laxacrine, but the family issues may have increased stress in your life? Increased cortisol = water retention.

Just assumptions/speculations

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'm not sure why its happening. I know I've been dealing with some family members health issues which could cause stress but diet wise I haven't really changed anything major. I used to get a bit sick from eggs in the morning but it would always go away in an hour or 2 and haven't had that issue in awhile. Doesn't make sense for it to be at night after the gym though since I don't eat eggs at night ever.

Like we've joked thought my abs are becoming more visable each week yet when I turn to the side my stomach doesn't look flat it has a bit of a rounded look.
hey YG

you arent lactose intolerant are you? Any gastro issues at all? BP issue in the family? as luke said, spit balling, see if we cant figure something out here

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey YG

you arent lactose intolerant are you? Any gastro issues at all? BP issue in the family? as luke said, spit balling, see if we cant figure something out here
No ive always handled lactose fine, not gastro issues....but since you bring it up my brother has stomach issues ever since middle school....the dr is actually treating it like chrons....ive never had any issues and even though its a bit uncomfortable, its never debilitating....mostly cosmetic

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
well must be the GH belly he isnt telling us about ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

Dips 4 sets
Incline DB fly superset with reverse incline fly 3 sets
Underhand DB incline press superset with side lateral raise 3 sets
Chest press machine superset with shoulder press machine superset with dip machine 3 sets
Rope extension superset with leaning side lateral raise 3 sets
Straight bar underhand extension 3 sets

I didn't push the most weight during this workout but I had a nice sweat going fairly quickly into the workout and it lasted the whole workout. I did the underhand db press which I've never done. I've done barbell flat presses this way but not with dumbbells or inclines. It was ok but the weight felt awkward in my hands and I couldn't go really heavy. Another great thing about the workout was an old lady kept stealing my stuff (sarcasm) haha.

So this weekend I wanted to try and get rid of this stomach issue so I left the gym and went to the local hippie store and got some kombucha. I decided to fast yesterday when I woke up as well. Maybe it's a gut bacteria issue, I don't think it would be but you never know.

Other than that I feel like my shoulders are improving in roundness. I've been working on it for awhile and last night when I was looking in the mirror I noticed some nice roundness, now it's time to get more detail.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
notice any pump benefits in your workouts? I assume rest times may have been slightly longer because of the machines getting stolen but was curious if there was a pump increase at all :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
notice any pump benefits in your workouts? I assume rest times may have been slightly longer because of the machines getting stolen but was curious if there was a pump increase at all :D
I'm using pump juice extreme and am really enjoying the pumps it gives me....nothing out of the world on Saturday...and no when I'm supersetting, I don't wait for machines haha, so when I did shoulder press machine...I used whichever one she didn't, same with chest press machine

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Flat DB press 4 sets
Incline Press 3 sets (last set was a superset)
Shoulder press 3 sets
Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
Decline close grip press 3 sets
Overhead rope extensions 3 sets

Decline hammer strength superset with face pulls superset with straight bar extension 3 sets

Workout full of PR's. I went to the gym with 1 PR in my head. I wanted to see how I felt and wanted to move up in weight on my flat db press. I got it for 3 reps. So I was happy with that. Then I got in a discussion with some people and it drove me to go for an incline PR which I got for 1 and wasn't thrilled with it so I did a drop set to get some extra reps in. Then went to do shoulder press and hit another PR and it felt kind of light tbh. So overall it was really solid workout. Until it was cardio time, the only elliptical in my gym that I like is broken. I tried to do some sprints on the other ellipticals and they feel like they are almost rusted at the foot pedal and they don't move smoothly. I'll need to find something I can do the HIIT on or work on the treadmill.

The pump was really solid yesterday. I feel like if you do a few sets with a decent number of reps (8-12) and then 1 heavy set that it really pulls blood into that muscle right after the heavy set.

Also last night I was home thinking I haven't been getting DOMS lately. I'll feel the muscle I worked the day before but I really don't have that intense pain that I'm used to getting from lifting heavy. Recovery is improved? Especially with a bit less calories.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
AWESOME session and glad to hear about those PR's. Really makes me happy to see recovery is improving in everyone. Thats where this shines through big time!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha! You let your mouth get you in trouble again huh? Really sweet that you were able to get a new PR out of it too! Congrats on all the PRs yesterday!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha! You let your mouth get you in trouble again huh? Really sweet that you were able to get a new PR out of it too! Congrats on all the PRs yesterday!
haha yeah, I find as I get older that I don't mind calling people out on their BS more and more. The one guy thinks powerlifting is the only way to go and used to max out every single workout before he injuried himself (of course) I was just trying to explain that you don't always have to be in the low rep ranges to have an effective and intense workout.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Squat (safety squat bar) 6 sets
Lat pulldown 3 sets
Hammer Strength low row 3 sets
Straight bar cable curl laid back 3 sets
Double high cable curl 3 sets

Leg press superset with underhand lat pulldown 3 sets

Holy pumps, the pumps I had on my working muscles were incredible. I felt my quad tweak a bit during warm ups and felt odd while squatting but I was able to go super heavy and built an awesome pump in my legs that lasted the whole workout. I went on to work back which I didn't feel a huge pump until later on. However I did a cable curl when you lean back on the floor and do the curls. It helped build a really solid bicep pump. The leg extensions and underhand pulldowns really topped everything off for me. I then noticed while walking on the treadmill that my lats were pumps when I started trying to stretch. My legs also felt like I couldn't bend them. I felt like Forest Gump with the metal thing on his leg and felt like my steps were really pounding on the treadmill probably because I wasn't able to bend my leg the right way and it was just throwing one foot in front of the other.

Other than recovery what I've also noticed the last week is I get hungry faster. So if I have a meal scheduled at like 11:00a.m., I'm hungry by 10:15 and after my last meal of the night I get hungry right before bed again. More recently I'm noticing dry mouth as well. Usually at night when I'm sitting around before bed I'm super thirsty with a dry crappy taste in my mouth.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

10 minutes HIIT cardio
Leg Raises 3 sets
5 minutes LISS cardio
Crunches 3 sets
5 minutes LISS cardio
Leg raises 1 set

Cardio on a treadmill, not my favorite way of doing things but I did it. Sprinting felt easy at the beginning, like I'm getting better at it so I ramped up the speed and by the end my head was hanging and I was barely keeping up with the belt and with the rest periods. Regardless if it burns more fat doing cardio/abs this way, it makes things more fun and interesting. Three weeks now I can't help but think I'm constantly moving this way and I'm staying heated the whole time. Usually I do my HIIT and I'm dying but by the end of abs I'm good. Now I'm breathing heavy basically the whole time.

Nothing really to report other than I was super hungry again last night. I was laying in bed and couldn't sleep, not sure if it was due to hunger but none the less I was hungry so I had a scoop of natty pb and a scoop of protein since my macros were pretty much met for the day. My bottle of Laxacrine looks to be about finished, I might have tonights dose, tomorrow, and hopefully a dose for Saturday.