Vitamin B5 and LCLT dose for acne

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm giving this a try as my last shot to get rid of my back acne. Does anyone have any recommendations on dosing? I have tried 10g Vitamin B5 a day by itself a couple years ago, but figured I would give it one last try with the LCLT.

I am doing this three times a day
2g B5
500mg LCLT

Does anyone know if it should be taken with or without food or if it matters? I am having a hard time finding much about this combo.

Other things I am taking are
Gut Health
Nootropimax two caps in the morning.
Agamatine 1-2g a day at various times.
Various pre workouts.
I will likely be starting Assasinate and adding in Bronkaid twice a day soon.

brundel I know you had Acnedren and I spoke with you about doses before, but I lost the messages.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't answer your questions, but pick up a bottle of head and shoulders. Make sure it has Zinc Pyrithione as it's active. Use as a body wash, letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. Works wonders for me every time I break out. I had tried everything I the past. Two weeks and I'm 100% clear. A little sun bathing helps gear too.

"Zinc pyrithione (or pyrithione zinc) is a coordination complex of zinc. It has fungistatic (that is, it inhibits the division of fungal cells) and bacteriostatic (inhibits bacterial cell division) properties."

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Mega dosing vitamin b5 causes massive hairloss in some people. Completely ruined my hair and many others If you Google it. Msm powder toco and ecklonia cava sorted my acne.

compan

compan

Awards
Honestly, you're probably better off seeing a doctor for it and going from there. I've tried the mega dose of B5 before and it can work a little bit, but I feel like acne (if hormonal) is a battle that is hard to win with natural remedies. I've read of people having success, but I was never able to replicate the success I read about.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brother listen to me and listen to me good...get on tane. This will drastically improve your quality of life, and all of the "negative" sides are nothing compared to the positives, all the health scare long term issue stuff are one ofs and are over played crap. PM if you want, but im telling you if its an issue for you and the situation hasnt changed go for it.

Now if you don't want to do that, Hibiclens will dramatically help body acne as well

compan

compan

Awards
^ this is what I was mainly getting at. Accutane would work for hormonal acne as much as it would acne caused by bacteria. Shrinking of the sebaceous glands does wonders.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly, you're probably better off seeing a doctor for it and going from there. I've tried the mega dose of B5 before and it can work a little bit, but I feel like acne (if hormonal) is a battle that is hard to win with natural remedies. I've read of people having success, but I was never able to replicate the success I read about.
I don't have a dermatologist on my insurance right now so I have to wait. I saw one once, they used antibiotics and it didn't work. It turned all my acne spots into dark purple spots and it looked worse. His next option was accutane and it was incredibly expensive, even with my good insurance so I held off.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
brother listen to me and listen to me good...get on tane. This will drastically improve your quality of life, and all of the "negative" sides are nothing compared to the positives, all the health scare long term issue stuff are one ofs and are over played crap. PM if you want, but im telling you if its an issue for you and the situation hasnt changed go for it.

Now if you don't want to do that, Hibiclens will dramatically help body acne as well
Honestly I don't think my acne is bad enough to need accutane.. I'm mainly worried about the depression and possible erectile dysfunction issues. I know it's so rare but just the possibly of that outweighs the benefits for me.

Pretty much since I ran Tren, my back acne has been a mess. It cleared up last summer since I was in the sun a lot, but came back when I had surgery and was stuck inside on the couch. I haven't touched anything hormonal since I finished PCT over a year ago.

I am hoping this may help, if not, I'll see if the sun can clear it up this summer. If none of this works I will then probably give a low dose accutane a try.

I'll also look into Hibiclens.

deanX

Awards
Can't answer your questions, but pick up a bottle of head and shoulders. Make sure it has Zinc Pyrithione as it's active. Use as a body wash, letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. Works wonders for me every time I break out. I had tried everything I the past. Two weeks and I'm 100% clear. A little sun bathing helps gear too.
Heard too how effective this Head and Shoulder with Zinc Pyrithione against acne.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'll find most anti-dandruff shampoos contain this.
Yes, I actually use a knockoff brand.

The high dose B5 was only effective for me once, out of the few times I tried it. Could have been coincidence.

I've seen a study that topical resveratrol is effective against acne. Think it has the same effect of inhibiting bacterial cell devision. There's also years worth of anecdotal reports of Sustain Alpha clearing up acne. Never worked for me, but I'll see if I can find the study.

When I broke out two weeks ago, I got back on the pyrithione Zinc and cleared everything up real well. Layed out in the sun for about 30 minutes yesterday. My back is looking perfect.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
B5 is recommended for acne. It does dry out your skin, so I think it would work. I have taken it on empty stomach, usually 500mg. B5 doesn't need to be taken with food.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't do accutane. You have to do blood tests every month. I took it. It only works for face acne. I don't even know why I took it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took accutane and had dramatic results. Truly made my quality of life better. I had horrible acne. It cleared it up everywhere.