Veggies in food prep

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I find when I food prep that i always weigh my protein source, measure by volume my side (rice, potatoes, etc.) but I never measure my greens. If I add cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, etc. I just pile it in. Even when I make a spinach salad it seems the spinach is the only thing I don't measure. I just caught myself doing this last night which really make me think about it. How do you measure your veggies?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends on the veggie. High calorie veggies, like brussel sprouts, I measure. I don't bother with greens tho.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I only really track veggies to see my fibre total on occasions

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Tracking green, fibrous vegetables for Calories is a waste of time. The amount of Calories is so low to contribute anything meaningful to the diet. We lack the bacteria to convert fibre into SCFA in any considerable amount (although note the various forms of fibre - soluble fibre Calories are still disputed but ventured to be around 2Kcal/g).

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Tracking green, fibrous vegetables for Calories is a waste of time. The amount of Calories is so low to contribute anything meaningful to the diet. We lack the bacteria to convert fibre into SCFA in any considerable amount (although note the various forms of fibre - soluble fibre Calories are still disputed but ventured to be around 2Kcal/g).
I'm pretty sure that's why i've never really tracked them. I guess i've always been told that I can eat as many green veggies as i want and they don't count toward calories for the day. I just found it weird when I realized that I measure everything else.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No one gets fat from too much broccoli

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without cheese and other dips

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would only measure to ensure your getting enough or if we are talking starchy vegetables (celery root, parsnips, etc) which can add up.