Ursa Major pct?

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Hey guys, I’m thinking the answer is no but I just wanted to make sure if I order a couple bottles of this, I don’t need a PCT it right? I couldn’t find the answer anywhere….Apologies ahead of time for sounding dumb 🤓

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Any evidence that ursolic acid is non hormonal, eg bloodwork? there is a rat study (yes, I know we're not rats) that indicates ursolic acid may suppress testosterone and dht similar to finasteride

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any evidence that ursolic acid is non hormonal, eg bloodwork? there is a rat study (yes, I know we're not rats) that indicates ursolic acid may suppress testosterone and dht similar to finasteride
in reference to the study you are referring to:

BPH-induced animals displayed an increase in prostate weight with increased testosterone and DHT levels in both the serum and prostate. However, ursolic acid treatment resulted in significant reductions in prostate weight and testosterone and DHT levels in both the serum and prostate, compared with BPH-induced animals.

this is telling you that BHP causes an increase in test and DHT, but adding ursolic acid reduced BHP and DHT.

further I will say that there is a giant difference in getting suppression from ADDING exogenous hormones vs suppressing a hormone by not adding exogenous hormones.

but for me.. its clear that ursolic has a protective attribute on the prostate and lowering DHT a little isn't a terrible thing.

Reactions: SBH

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
in reference to the study you are referring to:

BPH-induced animals displayed an increase in prostate weight with increased testosterone and DHT levels in both the serum and prostate. However, ursolic acid treatment resulted in significant reductions in prostate weight and testosterone and DHT levels in both the serum and prostate, compared with BPH-induced animals.

this is telling you that BHP causes an increase in test and DHT, but adding ursolic acid reduced BHP and DHT.

further I will say that there is a giant difference in getting suppression from ADDING exogenous hormones vs suppressing a hormone by not adding exogenous hormones.

but for me.. its clear that ursolic has a protective attribute on the prostate and lowering DHT a little isn't a terrible thing.
Thanks. I think we probably agree that Ursa Major is unlikely to be non hormonal which was the thrust of my question.

I need to read the full study as the excerpt isn't very clear re approach and conclusions. Would be good to see separate and preferably human studies for effects on t and sperm levels.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. I think we probably agree that Ursa Major is unlikely to be non hormonal which was the thrust of my question.

I need to read the full study as the excerpt isn't very clear re approach and conclusions. Would be good to see separate and preferably human studies for effects on t and sperm levels.
and then you'd want a bigger sample size. why not just test yourself since that's what really matters?

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
and then you'd want a bigger sample size. why not just test yourself since that's what really matters?
Because I don't particularly want to be self experimenting with something that has some indications of reducing T and DHT. Maybe if I had BPH. But I don't so will stay on the sidelines until I see some data or bloods.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Because I don't particularly want to be self experimenting with something that has some indications of reducing T and DHT. Maybe if I had BPH. But I don't so will stay on the sidelines until I see some data or bloods.
while I get what you are driving at... I think its plain to see in that study they (test subjects, rats) had elevated test and DHT levels due to BPH. and by lowering the BPH via UA it effectively returned those levels to normal.
No where does it say it lowers test or DHT under normal conditions. the take home here is that its cause is lowering BPH and your effects are normal levels of test/DHT.

If you want to raise test levels we offer those kinds of products as well. In theory you could stack something like Hyperion or Arimadex (which is on BOGO) with Ursa.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote
while I get what you are driving at... I think its plain to see in that study they (test subjects, rats) had elevated test and DHT levels due to BPH. and by lowering the BPH via UA it effectively returned those levels to normal.
No where does it say it lowers test or DHT under normal conditions. the take home here is that its cause is lowering BPH and your effects are normal levels of test/DHT.

If you want to raise test levels we offer those kinds of products as well. In theory you could stack something like Hyperion or Arimadex (which is on BOGO) with Ursa.
I agree. The study does not indicate that it T lowers or DHT levels in healthy males. However I'm aware of at least one other study that indicates its has the potential of sperm motility inhibition and can serve as a topical vaginal contraceptive!
I'm risk averse to sups that could potentially affect my t levels or fertility.

My key point however, was in response to your claim UA is 100% non hormonal (and have repeated in at least one other post) when there is clearly a question mark on this. I notice you don't want to address this specific observation

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am the one saying its non hormonal. I am not sure why you are now trying to link the test and DHT thing to the sperm thing. they are two seperate issues

Low testosterone does not always directly cause infertility. Men with low testosterone can still produce healthy sperm because sperm production is mainly stimulated by other hormones. However, low levels of testosterone may result in decreased production of sperm. The levels of testosterone in the testicles, where sperm is produced, is much higher than testosterone levels in the blood.

Low testosterone’s indirect effect on fertility involves a reduced sex drive that can result in a lack of desire to even have sex. It can also cause erectile dysfunction by causing a man to have fewer erections or erections that aren’t as strong as they once were. This can make it difficult to reach climax or to have sex often enough for reproduction.

I am saying that after being on the market for over 15 yrs now... people would flat know if this stuff lowered your test. If it lowers it in any appreciable manner, its NOT enough to suppress production of sex hormones to the point one would need to run a PCT. and that my friend is what we consider non hormonal.

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Anecdotally, I’m on my second bottle at 2ml / day. When I started running it, I was averaging about 7 hours of sleep / night, and was plateauing on my lifts while in a deficit. At this point, while simultaneously increasing my sleep my 1-2 hours / night, I’ve noticed an increase in sex drive, incremental increases in compound lifts and skeletal muscle has gone up slightly all around according to inbody scans over the last month.

So either there is no reduction in T, or it is minor enough that a bump in sleep quality has a much larger effect than any reduction in T Ursa Major has.

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Anecdotally, I’m on my second bottle at 2ml / day. When I started running it, I was averaging about 7 hours of sleep / night, and was plateauing on my lifts while in a deficit. At this point, while simultaneously increasing my sleep my 1-2 hours / night, I’ve noticed an increase in sex drive, incremental increases in compound lifts and skeletal muscle has gone up slightly all around according to inbody scans over the last month.

So either there is no reduction in T, or it is minor enough that a bump in sleep quality has a much larger effect than any reduction in T Ursa Major has.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you consider Ursa hormonal, then I except you to do the same when referring to milk.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's not what Finasteride does.
I'd trash those studies ASAP if I were you.

"Finasteride, a specific and competitive inhibitor of 5α-reductase enzyme Type 2, inhibits the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). " -
NIH

Last edited: