Ursa Major / Flashpoint Log

DNasteee

Awards
Hey everyone, this is a placeholder for my first log. Thought it might be fun and also hold myself accountable as well. I just took advantage of the Bogo on these so excited for it to come in and see what it's about. I've never used any Apex supps before so should be fun. I'm sure my log will pale in comparison to many on here but I'm going to update it in a way which makes it more manageable for me maintain.

Quick Bio: I'm 45, 5'7, weight 176. Around my chest (under my arms) is 39 inches. Around the bottom of my ribcage is 30.5 inches, around my belly button is 32 inches, my hips are 36 inches. I'll be comparing this along the way in addition to total weight.

Workouts/Diet: Gym time is in the mornings, approximately 5 times a week. Cardio is also about 5 times a week and mainly the Peloton Bike but I also just purchased a smashball that I had fun doing some HIIT cardio with in my backyard today. I have a fitbit watch I use to track some health markers in addition to my calorie expenditure for the day. I am sure it's not completely accurate, but consistent tracking gives me an idea of where I'm at. My diet is good enough. I'm not tracking macros or getting crazy with it but I eat much better than your average person. I can tell you in March I was 10lbs heavier and my measurements were 2 inches higher across the board so I'm in the right direction at least.

Other Supplements: I'm currently on a Ghost combo right now of Burn/Size/Amino. Other than that just the staples for me (multi/joint, wellness stuff).

So once you guys over at Apex get this stuff to me, I'll give it a shot! Wish me luck :)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey everyone, this is a placeholder for my first log. Thought it might be fun and also hold myself accountable as well. I just took advantage of the Bogo on these so excited for it to come in and see what it's about. I've never used any Apex supps before so should be fun. I'm sure my log will pale in comparison to many on here but I'm going to update it in a way which makes it more manageable for me maintain.

Quick Bio: I'm 45, 5'7, weight 176. Around my chest (under my arms) is 39 inches. Around the bottom of my ribcage is 30.5 inches, around my belly button is 32 inches, my hips are 36 inches. I'll be comparing this along the way in addition to total weight.

Workouts/Diet: Gym time is in the mornings, approximately 5 times a week. Cardio is also about 5 times a week and mainly the Peloton Bike but I also just purchased a smashball that I had fun doing some HIIT cardio with in my backyard today. I have a fitbit watch I use to track some health markers in addition to my calorie expenditure for the day. I am sure it's not completely accurate, but consistent tracking gives me an idea of where I'm at. My diet is good enough. I'm not tracking macros or getting crazy with it but I eat much better than your average person. I can tell you in March I was 10lbs heavier and my measurements were 2 inches higher across the board so I'm in the right direction at least.

Other Supplements: I'm currently on a Ghost combo right now of Burn/Size/Amino. Other than that just the staples for me (multi/joint, wellness stuff).

So once you guys over at Apex get this stuff to me, I'll give it a shot! Wish me luck :)
Looking forward to seeing your progress, brother!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll get in on this log!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the ride !

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This looks fun !

do you have any "trouble" areas that you intend to target?

DNasteee

Awards
This looks fun !

do you have any "trouble" areas that you intend to target?
Lower stomach for sure, bit on the chest too. Long term goal is more tapered look and as you can see my stomach rounds out a bit as you go lower.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lower stomach for sure, bit on the chest too. Long term goal is more tapered look and as you can see my stomach rounds out a bit as you go lower.
And where would we see this ?

DNasteee

Awards
USPS has the stack arriving by Friday at 9pm....little longer than I expected but oh well. Likely will start this Saturday or Sunday and will look to update the log daily towards the end of each day. Measurements to be updated weekly.

Leaving for Florida on August 19th, so I may increase the dosage that last week or so to fit 30 applications of each in a 26 day window (if I end the night of 8/18). Just not sure it's worth it to bring them with me for what amounts to 4 more days while I dodge beach and pool times.

DNasteee

Awards
Today was my lucky day, both were delivered at 1pm. Already had my training session in and waited until after I finished my cardio around 2:30pm, showered and applied both. Used a plastic sandwich bag for application which went super easy.

Ursa: 1ml applied across shoulders/clavicle/inner bicep region. Was runnier than anticipated, had to catch it before it dripped off me haha. Slight warming sensation for approximately 2minutes after application. No skin reaction. It's about 20mins after the fact and I still have a nice skin tightness going on...more evident if I stretch my arms out. Smell is a very faint peppermint, almost licorice tinge to it. Both my wife and I working from home today and I purposely hovered around her approx 10 minutes after application and received no reaction which is good (there's been topicals she's wanted to kill me for in the past).
Flashpoint: 1ml applied from love handle to love handle and essentially covering most of my stomach. smell is the same, no skin reaction, no warmth or tightness with this. I put a shirt on about 15mins after applying both.
Workouts are done for the day so that's about it other than working and normal routine. Will have a new update Friday evening.

I'll post updated measurements with tomorrow's update as an official starting point, to be taken after my morning piss and every Friday morning thereafter.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to your thoughts !!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No need for the plastic sandwich bag in my opinion- just use your fingertips to knuckles to rub it in

DNasteee

Awards
So first, updated stats as of this morning:
Wt: 173.2
Chest: 38in
Mid-stomach: 30
Belly Button: 32
Hips: 35
I don't think my initial measurements were first thing in the morning but either way this is what I will hold myself to for this log. Of course everything went in the right direction except my lower stomach which was unchanged...this is where flashpoint comes in as I'm only applying it here. Also, my daily calorie expenditure per fitbit has averaged 3.2K/day over the last 3 weeks. I aim to keep that consistent in order to isolate the products better.

Friday:
Gym at 8am, back and a touch of biceps. Came home and did some HIIT cardio with the smashball for 15mins. Showered and applied both around 9:30am. Started work and did some odds and ends around the house (working from home allows me to be more active then when I'm in the office). By 2:30 I did the Peloton for 30mins which finished just a bit ago.

That's a 5 hour gap from applying, I assume that's good enough but if not I will adjust dosage timing on wfh days.

Diet has been relatively light on calories and carbs, high on protein today as I'm ordering in Italian tonight but staying away from pasta/pizza. Will probably take a large dose of my Morphogen Prime with that meal (I failed to mention I have that on hand too).

All in all in feel good, application went exactly the same way and same experience. I'm updating this long now as all the heavy lifting for the day is pretty much done.

Wknd updates might be spotty as I'm out of the house and away from a computer more. But if not at least one update, I'll update very early Monday morning with a wknd recap.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a 1 hr gap is probably fine.. but 5 is for sure safe.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pic's ?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking forward to hearing how you're liking it so far.

DNasteee

Awards
I considered it but didn't feel comfortable yet. Tbh, it's a struggle for me to get my shirt off at the beach yet alone share half naked pics on the internet haha....I hope to be better in future logs, I apologize for the lack of pics, I understand they are preferable.

DNasteee

Awards
Wknd recap:
Both days were essentially the same so I'm going to group them into one update. Hit the gym at 9am each day, (trained chest, then shoulders), came home showered applied both Ursa and Flashpoint. No formal Cardio sessions which was anticipated due to wknd activities. Despite that I was active overall (running around with kids, errands, house work, etc..) and hit my average calorie expenditure both days.
Checking in on Fitbit, my resting heart rate has been between 58-61 (I didn't expect any issues here but the information is readily available so why not). Sleep scores have ranged from Fair to Good, which is consistent for me (almost entirely dependent on my kids which can be not the best overnight). Also, I have a home blood pressure kit from a few years ago when I was running on the high side and wanted to more closely monitor so I checked in on that and was at 124/80 over the wknd. I'll periodically check this during the week.

Monday:
I'm in Finance, so it's classic 9-5 desk job though I'm lucky enough to work from home more often than not. Sadly though today is not one of those days. Was up at 6am, showered and applied around 6:30am. Commuted to work and now I sit here until about 5pm before I commute home for an hour. Calorie output will be pretty low through the day so going to be extra mindful of my intake as a result. There will be no training today either, but will be getting cardio in at some point between 7 and 9pm tonight on the Peloton. Good news is I'm home the rest of the week so not the end of the world.

I feel good and anxious to do a measurement check in on Friday. It's only been 5 days but I feel like some progress is starting so we'll see.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dont rush it ! ! slow and steady wins the race. also be realistic with yourself.. after 5 days there may not be much to report on but its good to track things. Also dont worry about pics. for this log but you might want to take some for personal comparison.
the details you input are good enough to shine a light on your successes here~

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes take a few pics just for your self it is very hard to notice a difference with out them.

DNasteee

Awards
Tuesday:
So real quick, I did get in a 15min HIIT ride last night just to get the blood pumping. For Tuesday, I hit the gym around 8:30 and trained legs plus some light Tricep work. Came home and needed to attend to some unexpected work items so that side tracked me the rest of the morning.
Around noon I hit up the smashball for 60 reps outside, came back in had a Ghost Energy and then took to the Peloton for back to back 20mins classes. Looking at close to an hour of cardio in total. Avg bpm was 146 over the 40mins. Tried to get a little more intense/longer session to make up for yesterday's lighter day.
Finished up, showered and applied (had been applying after gym in the morning but work got to me today). Not sure if it was b/c of the timing in general (after cardio) or in part due to the cardio also being a little longer/intense then usual but noticed a definite increase in body temp after applying today. Body ran hot and started sweating slightly. Didn't mind it but noted it as a change from prior applications.
Kinda beat tbh, I'm glad I'm done for the day for the most part. Feel great overall though. I will probably apply again after cardio tomorrow to see if the increased body temp continues.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you are getting your workouts in when you can.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Are you running 1ml of ursa and 1ml flashpoint per day? I started 2ml of both first thing in the morning. I can tell at this rate the bottles will go quick lol

DNasteee

Awards
Are you running 1ml of ursa and 1ml flashpoint per day? I started 2ml of both first thing in the morning. I can tell at this rate the bottles will go quick lol
Yes 1ml of each to roughly finish both in a month I believe (or by Aug19th when I go on vaca). If I see decent results I am considering running 2ml of both in a next run.

DNasteee

Awards
Wednesday:
Back/Bi's in the a.m. Work until noon. At noon I did the smashball (80 reps this time), immediately followed by a 30min cycling class. Ate something and took a shower/applied both at around 2pm. Didn't get the increased body temp this time, maybe b/c of timing of application after cardio (or maybe yesterday was just an exception).
Calorie outputs are consistent per Fitbit and diet has been on point so I'm controlling the other variables pretty well. I feel good.
First weigh in/measurements Fri morning which will be after 8 applications. Not expecting mountains to move but might see some progress. I feel lighter at the very least so we'll see.

Also, to add a bit of perspective...back in March 2020 (start of the pandemic essentially) my waist (around stomach) came in at 37 inches...which prompted my slow journey to here today. On 3/2/2021 it was at 34, and as of last week sat at 32. I can't say I was always as dialed in/focused as I have been recently or maybe I would have seen even better overall progress. Either way, the trend line has moved in the right direction for the most part. I have been at 32 inches more or less though since 4/22 so I've felt stuck in mud a bit the last few months despite seeing some improvement in other areas.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you might need to eat some maintenance level+ calories for a few days to boost up your basal temp.

thats your resting temp. it has to measured first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.

for a good chance at fat loss you should be registering about 96.5, anything less and your metabolism is likely shut down.

if you track this basal temp each morning for the enxt few days, you will be able to tell what you need to do. either add food or if your temp is good, take a little more away.

you get the idea.

DNasteee

Awards
you might need to eat some maintenance level+ calories for a few days to boost up your basal temp.

thats your resting temp. it has to measured first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.

for a good chance at fat loss you should be registering about 96.5, anything less and your metabolism is likely shut down.

if you track this basal temp each morning for the enxt few days, you will be able to tell what you need to do. either add food or if your temp is good, take a little more away.

you get the idea.
This was very helpful, I appreciate it! The thermometer will have to accompany me bedside now haha.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

you get the idea.

Good Information!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

you get the idea.
I may have to test this out. I don't think i've taken my temp right when I wake up and measured it across a couple days.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
should use this method to watch the rise too.. if you do this every day while resetting your metabolism you can shy away from over doing it.

i would try 300 extra calories for a couple days and see if it comes up.. if not raise up to an extra 500 for a few days that should get your resting temp back up and the fires stoked for fat burning~ then before any back sliding.. BOOM back o the diet hard!

DNasteee

Awards
Thursday:
Chest in the early morning followed by breakfast and some work. About 10:30am did 80reps of the smashball followed by 30mins in the Bike. Showered and applied by 12:30. I've been having some nice energy overall without overly relying on stims which is good. Overall no real complaints. We're going out to dinner with the kids around 5:15 so the extra calories will come in a little later. Going to keep my food choices smart though, probably looking at a tuna steak or swordfish with veggies and rice, or something like that.

Friday:
I actually have a vacation day tomorrow planned. Plan to do some light weight work at home to warm up the muscles early, then shower and apply both. Afterwards, I have a mid-morning tee time with my father in law which will serve as my "cardio" and should take around 4 and half hours. I could probably squeeze in a normal gym session before Golf but didn't want to have golf run right up against training and be at it for 6 straight hours. Weekend will feature normal training sessions anyway.

Going to take my measurements still after my morning piss and either post them or jot them down and post them later in the day.

DNasteee

Awards
Friday Morning Check-in:
Basal Temp: 95.0
Weight: Start: 173.2 - Now: 173.6 (+.4)
Chest: Start 38in - Now: 37.5in (-.5)
Mid Stomach: Start 30in - Now: 29.8in (-.2)
Belly Button: Start 32in - Now: 31.8in (-.2)
Hips: Start: 35in - Now: 35.5 (+.5)

Few thoughts, I'm a bit surprised my chest keeps going down but I do carry some fat there.....I'm just not directly applying there...closest I get is the Ursa which does stretch across my clavical region. Slow progress on the stomach as a whole so happy there. Weight didn't really change (would results be considered more like a recomp?) Hips....not totally surprised. I've been tracking these measurements since March and when I hit 35 inches it was the lowest I had ever been, my hips always hover closer to 35.5 / 36.

We had heavy rain overnight in NY and the course text me the cart only can be used on the cart paths today.....I'm not sure I mentioned but I'm a horrible golfer haha....so I've got a ton more walking ahead of me later. Didn't grab the weights this morning like I said I would, upper body is pretty sure from yesterday's training and legs are sore from cardio. So tomorrow I'll be back at it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Recomping is the name of the game with ursa. its very good at holding muscle while you lean out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

DNasteee

Awards
Quick update:
Saturday-Monday:
Trained each morning around 9am. (Shoulders, arms, back). On the wknd again there were no specific cardio sessions but was generally active and on my feet which helped me hit my calorie output. On Monday, I did my HIIT cardio and then the bike for 30mins, basically my standard weekday routine.
Application experiences have been pretty consistent and easy to maintain/manage.
Failed to track Basal temp but will get back at it tomorrow. Calories though were increased over the wknd and I don't feel any worse for wear. Although for today my weekday routine is naturally lower calorie so I'll see what my reading is tomorrow.

But overall I've feel great, which for a 45 yr old with a few lower disc herniations and a left knee that tends to act up periodically is no given haha.

Tuesday and Thursday I'll be commuting into the city for work, but I'll get in cardio tomorrow night and Thursday night will be a home workout. Wednesday and Friday will be normal routines.

DNasteee

Awards
Tuesday - Thursday

Tuesday - My door to door commute/work day was 7am - 7pm. So that kinda sucked. I did apply both first thing in the a.m. around 6am before leaving for the day. At night I did 15min HIIT cardio and called it a day. Calories In were monitored more closely as my calorie output overall was rather low.

Wednesday - Thankfully back to my normal/ideal routine. Gym in the A.M. (legs), 45mins of cardo around noon, showered, applied and went about my day. Felt good, all in all a good, typical work from home day for me.

Thursday - I'm back in the office so I'm probably looking at another 7am-7pm window of low output. However I plan to train Shoulders tonight at home. I have adjustable dumbbells' and an adjustable bench for days where I'm in a pinch like this. So I should get a training session in but no cardio. I've already applied both first thing in the morning again.

Basal Temp is up to 96.2 so that's better. Tomorrow morning will be another weigh-in, measurement which is essentially my halfway point of this cycle. Also, tomorrow I'm home so I should get in another good typical day which I'm happy about.

DNasteee

Awards
Friday Morning Check in:

Weight: Start: 173.2 - Now: 173.4 (+.2)
Chest: Start 38in - Now: 37in (-1.0)
Mid Stomach: Start 30in - Now: 29.5in (-.5)
Belly Button: Start 32in - Now: 31.5in (-.5)
Hips: Start: 35in - Now: 35.5 (+.5)

Overall pretty happy...weight staying consistent, and making progress pretty much all over. Stomach measurements are coming in at the lowest all year. By the looks at the bottles, I have slightly less than 1/2 a bottle left after 2 weeks. Just a reminder this log will end with final measurements on 8/19, last application on 8/18, so 12 applications left.

Friday:
Arms in the A.M., 30mins of cardio on the bike around noon. Haven't been very hungry so haven't consumed much today but will be ordering something for dinner...maybe chicken parm.

Saturday:
Just to set it up ahead of time, I anticipate doing training and some form of Peloton class early morning. After that I have a drive out to Connecticut for the afternoon for a company bbq so probably limit the beer (I have to drive home anyway) and then date night with the wife so probably keep it to some grilled fish or something like that. Good thing is I'll get in both an actual cardio session plus gym which is not typical on weekends.

Sunday:
Back on my routine so diet will be on point and will get gym in for sure.

I don't expect any/much deviation from this so figured I get it out there now. Still feeling great and overall happy with the progress.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heads up:
there is currently a buy on get one sale running this weekend if you felt like upping the dose or extending the run!

good log so far !

DNasteee

Awards
Heads up:
there is currently a buy on get one sale running this weekend if you felt like upping the dose or extending the run!

good log so far !
Oh nice! The reason for the log ending is I’m flying down to Florida for a long wknd and I prefer not to carry it with me. So maybe I’ll purchase and then start back up after. Unless a longer break is necessary?

DNasteee

Awards
I already went ahead and bought 2 bottles of each, the deal itself made too much sense regardless of when I run it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh nice! The reason for the log ending is I’m flying down to Florida for a long wknd and I prefer not to carry it with me. So maybe I’ll purchase and then start back up after. Unless a longer break is necessary?
no breaks are necessary so no need to worry there!

DNasteee

Awards
Ok, works been crazy so I had to batch this update together.

Monday:
I was scheduled in the office so pretty much a quiet day. On top of that I started feeling run down and like crap so any ideas of training or cardio at night were squashed for bed instead. Application went fine but pretty much a non-eventful day.
Tuesday:
Once again in the office but felt better. Had a cardio session in the evening and again everything else was pretty ho-hum.
Wednesday:
No more commuting for the week, so Yay! Trained Chest and Shoulders this a.m. and felt strong, actually went up about 5lbs on most lifts. Maybe my body was just telling me a needed a little break. All in all good workout. Around noon had a couple of cardio sessions which lasted in total 45mins. So back on the grind for sure.
No real issues to report, a little gassy/bloat today but not concerned about it. My 2 bottles of each are on their way too so that's good. Will probably do 2ml of each for a month when I return from my trip with some increased cardio efforts and see how that goes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some times you need a little break!

DNasteee

Awards
Friday Morning Check-In:
Weight: Start: 173.2 - Now: 171.1 (-2.1)
Chest: Start 38in - Now: 36in (-2.0)
Mid Stomach: Start 30in - Now: 28.9in (-1.1)
Belly Button: Start 32in - Now: 30.8in (-1.2)
Hips: Start: 35in - Now: 35 (-)

3 weeks in the books and honestly I can't complain at all. I was a bit nervous to measure this morning b/c I just felt I didn't have the best of weeks, between not feeling well Monday, work stressing me and both kids being home sick at the moment which has been cutting into my cardio length......yet despite it all still making progress!

Thurs - Fri: Arms & then Back today. Typical week day routines, with the exception of cardio being 20mins instead of closer to 45 due to family duties and work. I had a buddy recently tell me "You're really slimming down" which was great to hear. I hadn't seen him since before this log.

I have my second order (2 bottles each) arriving today by 4:45pm. So I decided my approach is to go to 2ml daily on both (mornings and then evenings, 1ml per application) for the last week or so before my mini-vacation. I'm not going to take these with me so on Thursday it'll be one application before airport. Fri-Sat nothing, Sunday I get home early enough so back to 2ml for both and continue on until the bottles run out......probably mid Septemberish.

I'll likely keep the log going another month and just scale down to bi-weekly updates b/c I just don't think more are really necessary given my routine. Sept- January I'll probably try to keep things at maintenance overall as it's my fav time of the year between holidays, football, etc...so "cutting" will probably just be too hard but crank it back up after new years through early summer on a few stacks, maybe expand things a bit too.....I'm digressing a bit here haha...but it was fresh on my mind.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got (2) Bottles of Ursa Major, I can't wait to start !!

DNasteee

Awards
Things still going well at 2 doses a day so far.
Weekend I hit the gym both days but didn't get much in the way of cardio done. Monday I was in the office at work but did get a 15min HIT session at night. Today was arms in the morning followed by 30mins of cardio approx 3 hours after training.

I been applying 1ml of each in the morning, after training, and then again late afternoon/early evening.

I realized my flight out on Thursday is 730am, so my next "weigh-in" will be tomorrow morning as a result. 2 days short of a full week, although also at a double dose for the full time period so we'll see.