Urolthin-B XT / Anafuse Unsponsored Log

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I wish I like to read, my attention span is just to short. My mother was a librarian for 40 years, she read a book almost every day!
I like reading as I find it eliminates the stress from the day. Much like when you’ve had a tough day and hitting the gym makes you feel so much better. If you found an author you really like or a series of books you may be able to really get into reading. I didn’t enjoy reading at first but forced myself to do it every night because I thought it was exercise for the mind. My Grandmother is in her 90s and reads every day and is still very sharp and I attribute that in part to her being such a book worm.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Day 42 Beyond Boring But Strong Bench Day

Working sets
45x5
65x5
85x5
105x5
135x5
155x5
185x3
210x3
235x1
265x1

All above sets were done back to back only resting to change plates

Boring But Strong Sets
185x5 for 10 sets super setted with the following
3 sets EZ curl bar 75 pounds for pump
3 sets of concentration curls 27 pounds per arm
3 sets of dips to near failure
3 sets of pull ups
3 sets of standing calf raises 250 pounds slow on the way down squeeze at the top to exhaustion
3 sets of hanging leg raises to near failure
2 sets of hammer curls 27 pounds per arm
2 sets of rear laterals light weight 15 pounds high reps 15-20

finished this workout in about 50 minutes .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
finished this workout in about 50 minutes .
Nice volume work in only 50 minutes! Might have to count that as cardio to!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Beyond Boring But Strong Deadlift Day

Working sets
135x5
155x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
265x5
295x3
335x3
395x1
425x1>>> I pulled this hook grip I never use straps or anything just a belt> this moved really easily.

Boring But Strong sets double over hand grip

285x5 for 10 sets super setted with the following

80 pound EZ curls for a pump x3 sets
3 sets per leg of lunges with 35 pounds 15-20 per side at a time
3 sets of concentration curls 27.5 pounds per arm high rep range
3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure
4 sets of dips to failure

I didn’t go too crazy on the accessory work today . Took my time . Workout took an hour and 15 minutes . All and all it was a great workout . Deadlifts are moving very easily and I think this plan is really helping me to get better with my form .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Beyond Boring But Strong

Shoulder Press Day

Working Sets
45x5
55x5
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
105x3
115x3
135x1
145x1

Boring But Strong Sets
105x5 for 10 sets super setted with

Pull ups to near failure . I did these really slow and focused on squeezing at the top and really hanging at the bottom for 4 sets

4 sets of dips to near failure

Hack Squats 295 pounds for 25 reps 4

3 sets of hanging leg raises transitioning to knee raises when I couldn’t do anymore leg raises

3 sets of concentration curls 27 pounds per arm

2 sets of hammer curls 27 pounds

2 sets of Tricep Pushdowns 80 pounds to near failure .

Good workout . I went through it slow and workout took around an hour and 15 minutes . I find the press and bench days to be much easier workout days than the squat / deadlift days. Less taxing on the CNS .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weight dropped a lot this week. There were a couple of very low days so I would expect that next week weight will hold steady or even go up a bit . What is clear is the downward trending pattern of weight loss at this point. 8 pounds down so far.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
So we are in the final training block of the log so I am going to be going for PRs for the next 4 workouts. I am going to go down to two workouts a week to make sure that I am well rested before the PR set.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Boring But Strong Squat day with PR set

Warm up sets
135x5
185x5
205x5
255x5
295x5
PR set
335x8>>>>>PR!!!!
I could have probably got three more reps but stopped after the PR to save the glory for another day .

Boring But Strong working sets
255x5 for 10 sets super setted with

3 sets of pull ups to near failure
2 sets of hammer curls 27 pounds repped out
2 sets of concentration curls 27 pounds repped out.

I took it easy on the accessory work . I don’t want to fry my CNS too bad going into the next PR day.

My next workout day will be on Friday. For cardio this week I will just be going on 30-40 minute walks on rest days . Next PR day will be a bench day .

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Boring But Strong Squat day with PR set

Warm up sets
135x5
185x5
205x5
255x5
295x5
PR set
335x8>>>>>PR!!!!
I could have probably got three more reps but stopped after the PR to save the glory for another day .

Boring But Strong working sets
255x5 for 10 sets super setted with

3 sets of pull ups to near failure
2 sets of hammer curls 27 pounds repped out
2 sets of concentration curls 27 pounds repped out.

I took it easy on the accessory work . I don’t want to fry my CNS too bad going into the next PR day.

My next workout day will be on Friday. For cardio this week I will just be going on 30-40 minute walks on rest days . Next PR day will be a bench day .
Nice PR! Looks like the stack is treating you very well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
335x8>>>>>PR!!!!
Dang 335 by 8 is pretty impressive! I'm jealous! Nice work!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not Boring, But Very Strong !

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
335x8>>>>>PR!!!!
insane bro .. congrats keep it up.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Dang 335 by 8 is pretty impressive! I'm jealous! Nice work!
Thanks man, I focused on trying to body build for such a long time , I wish I had focused on getting stronger a long time ago, I would be so much further along now. Switching to just focusing on getting stronger on the big 4 lifts has helped me build a lot more muscle than when I was doing body building plans .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Not Boring, But Very Strong !
That’s just the name of the program but I don’t find it boring at all . It is very challenging , especially when you get to the 6th set of squats and realize you still have 4 more sets to go.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
insane bro .. congrats keep it up.
I’m really going to try and push things into summer . See if I can get a bit leaner and a bit stronger , take the time, do it slow and do it right .

Reactions: SBH
SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Caught up and following. This volume for strength stuff is definitely not boring!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
, I wish I had focused on getting stronger a long time ago, I would be so much further along now.
Same here. I always focused on bobybuilding type workouts versus alternating between building and building muscle.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s just the name of the program but I don’t find it boring at all . It is very challenging , especially when you get to the 6th set of squats and realize you still have 4 more sets to go.
That one will get you every time !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
This workout happened yesterday but I had a very busy night .

Boring But Strong Bench Day

No PR today . I did my best but fell well short. I did set the PR when I was almost 30 pounds heavier though.

I did redo the dip/ pull up challenge that I did earlier on in the log at the beginning .

At that time I managed to get 17 Pull-ups and 35 dips

This time I hit 22 Pull ups and 45 dips.

So strength to body weight has shot up!

Boring But Strong Bench Workout
Working sets
135x5
155x5
185x5
205x5
225x5
PR attempt
245x7> I needed 10 for the PR however the PR was set when I was nearly 30 pounds heavier so no great surprise here . I am already planning out my next supplement log now. I am thinking of running 531 Smolov JR to see if we can get these bench numbers up. I have really long arms so I’ve never been a great bencher . The most I have ever singled was 325. 245x7 in a rep calculator works out to around 300. Which sounds about right because if you remember a few weeks ago I did a single at 295.

Boring But Strong Sets
195x5 for 10 sets super setted with
3 sets of dips to failure . All in a high rep ranged of 30-45
Pull ups to failure 15-22 a set for 3 sets
2 sets of concentration curls per arm at 27 pounds per arm
3 sets of cable an crunches around 60 pounds to exhaustion and 3 sets of hanging leg raises in the same way
2 sets of cable Pushdowns light weight repped out for a pump
I threw in 2 sets of hammer curls and 2 sets of EZ bar curls somewhere in there. 27 pounds for Hammers and 75 pounds for EZ bar.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
The average person never realizes our struggles !!
I totally agree. Some days at work when someone asks me to help them lift something I am dreading it from the previous days workout

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I’m not going to mention my next log plan here in respect to the current supplements I am running which have been great. However I will give a hint and say that I am going to be running a log on quite the combo of the new kids on the block.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My ass is still sore today. That workout took place on Tuesday and today my chest is in flames from the bench yesterday
Sounds like you need a good active recovery day!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m not going to mention my next log plan here in respect to the current supplements I am running which have been great. However I will give a hint and say that I am going to be running a log on quite the combo of the new kids on the block.
I will be following !

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Not much weight change this week which isn’t surprising as we saw a big loss last week. Weight is continually trending downward . Over the log so far weight has decreased 8.5 pounds . 8.5/7 weeks=1.2 pounds a week of weight loss .

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great to see it going in the right direction !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It has been going pretty well Rocket! We have one week left on this log. So next Saturday/Sunday I will try and get final progress photos up to show the results the 8 week run combined with proper diet training and sleep have brung.
Awesome! Interested in seeing the before and after side by side!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Boring But Strong Deadlift PR attempt workout
135x5
225x5
245x5
315x5
350x5
PR attempt
390x10!!!!!>>> New PR

Boring But Strong sets
315x5 for 10 sets SS with
3 sets of dips to failure
3 sets of concentration curls per arm 27 pounds
2 sets of standing calf raises 250 pounds
3 sets of hanging leg raises
2 sets of pull ups to failure .

This workout took a lot out of me . One more workout to go and then it’s a deload week. I will be running out of Anafuse as of Friday. I still have one bottle left of Urolithin-B X T by SNS but I am saving that for later .

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice PR !!! Respect !!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Boring But Strong Shoulder Press Day

No PR attempt today. I pulled something in my back earlier on in the week while lifting a case of water of all things! I was normally going to do this workout yesterday but pushed it off to today to see if my back healed up .

I felt okay earlier so I thought I would try to do the workout . While working up through the warm up sets my back was feeling a bit tender so I abandoned the planned workout to avoid a possible injury .

Here’s all I did today

Shoulder press
45x5
65x5
75x5
85x5

I felt the 85 a bit in my back so decided to back off .

I then did seated Arnold Presses 20 pounds an arm for 20 reps for 5 sets

I super setted this with 5 sets of curls at 25 pounds an arm and called it a day .

I figured I could workout again tomorrow because todays workout was so easy. Tomorrow my back may feel better and I will be able to do a better workout .

I know it’s a terrible last workout for the log but that’s the way the cards fell. Today was my last day of Anafuse/ SNS Urolothin -B XT. I will get some progress photos up this weekend and post my final weigh in results tomorrow .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today was my last day of Anafuse/ SNS Urolothin -B XT. I will get some progress photos up this weekend and post my final weigh in results tomorrow .
Excited for final thoughts and photos!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Staying healthy is more important than lifting Big Weight, those weights will be there tomorrow and still be heavy !! I hope your back feels better soon!!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
So if you remember at the beginning of the log I weighed 199.3. At the end of the 8 weeks my weight weekly average is 188.5

10.8 pounds was lost in the 8 weeks of the log . An average of 1.35 pounds a week .

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So if you remember at the beginning of the log I weighed 199.3. At the end of the 8 weeks my weight weekly average is 188.5

10.8 pounds was lost in the 8 weeks of the log . An average of 1.35 pounds a week .
Nice Work !

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Good job! Sounds like the protocol was working and you weren't playing around.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Dang! That's greater than a pound a week lost on average. Nice work!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I will get the final progress photos/ review up tonight . Had a very busy weekend .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Final Review:

I will start out by saying I made very good progress in the past 8 weeks. I was on a very strict diet and I was following a proven workout plan .

The diet I was following was Lean Gains by Martin Berkhan. The workout plan was Boring But Strong by Jim Wendler. The workout plan I was running is meant to be ran in a calorie surplus. I was definitely in a calorie deficit during this log. As we saw I went from 199.3 at the beginning of the log to 188.5 at the end of the log . 10.8 total pounds were lost during the 8 week run of Anafuse and SNS Urolothin-B XT. That is an average of 1.3 pounds per week or 650 calories per day. For the 3 weeks prior to beginning the log my calories were set at 2500 per day . I was stalled out at 199-200 and did not see any weight loss during this time . After adding in the supplement stack the scale began to trend downward .

Strength: 8/10

I did not lose any strength on the duration of my cycle of this supplement stack . At the same time I lost 10.8 pounds so I would say that I definitely retained most of my muscle . I would like to add to this though that my protein was extremely high compared to what most people may set their protein at . My macros were a minimum of 50 percent protein per day as is laid out in the lean gains diet plan. I am sure that the very high protein macro helped the supplement to stave off muscle loss.

Fat Loss: 9/10

I will rate this supplement stack very high in the fat loss department. Again I will state my results came from being very strict on my diet . My results are replicable but only if you follow a similar protocol. If you go ham on the calories you will have a very different outcome than what I achieved . What that outcome would be I cannot say for that is not the way I approached my run of this supplement stack .

Recovery: 7/10

I didn’t really notice a major difference in soreness during the duration of this log. Maybe I was able to push myself harder in the gym and therefore I remained at a similar level of soreness but I did not notice a difference in this regard . I did not have any problems falling asleep each night and woke up before my alarm went off regularly. I felt well rested for the most part . I would like to add that I only worked out with weights 3 days a week to allow myself enough time to recover between workouts .

Cost:6/10

This stack was not cheap to run . Before anyone decides to run something similar to this I would make sure you have your other bases covered . If you don’t have your diet in check or aren’t able to afford quality food that comes first . Food and quality sleep are the most anabolic natural things you can do for yourself . Focus on that first before you decide to add stuff like this in .

Drive : 8/10

There were some days where I just went in and crushed it . I had some great workouts while running this lot and I as able to dig deep and pull out some PRs.

Final thoughts :

I would definitely run this stack or something similar in the future . I have ran Epicatechin in the past and I definitely saw much better results with this stack than with Epicatechin on its own . This stack gave me a nice vascular look and I enjoyed my run very much . It was fun to push PRs while in a calorie deficit and if you can afford it and have all your other bases covered , adding in a stack like this will give you a bit of extra horsepower and speed up your results .