Upcoming job interview....

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
I have a job interview coming up in a couple days and I'm kinda nervous about it. I'm not really the type of person to really get myself all worked up or show any real emotion about, well, anything really. So, I'm not so much nervous about it right now. Kinda just like, whatever, I'll give it my absolute best shot that's all that I can do. But I know how I've reacted during previous interviews and I don't see this one going any differently. For some strange reason, I pretty much wig out when I'm put on the spot for a rather occasion such as a job interview. I start sweating bullets, have a hard time articulating intelligent responses to questions, say "umm" a lot and pretty much just freeze up. It's so weird because I'm such an outgoing, extroverted, friendly person. But like I said, under those sort of circumstances, I can't conduct myself in a manner that a job interviewer would be impressed with.

This job is a great opportunity for me. So that brings me to the question for you all. Is there anything I can supplement with that will help reduce the anxiety of the situation I'll be in? And no, alcohol is not a good answer... :drunk:

Thanks in advance.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
adaptogens and gaba has always helped a bit for me... especially combined with a weak stim... but im usually bugging out half the time so i need to take things to calm me down so i can think straight...

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
adaptogens and gaba has always helped a bit for me... especially combined with a weak stim... but im usually bugging out half the time so i need to take things to calm me down so i can think straight...
I have bulk GABA powder and GABA tabs on hand. How do you dose?

And what are "adaptogens"? Ok, scratch that question. I just looked it up. Which do you recommend and at what kind of a dose?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
I have bulk GABA powder and GABA tabs on hand. How do you dose?

And what are "adaptogens"? Ok, scratch that question. I just looked it up. Which do you recommend and at what kind of a dose?
i only take 1.5grams of gaba...with a combination of rhodiola(150mgs), ginseng(150mgs), ashwagandha(200mgs)... if u just have rhodiola that will most likely be fine...

u should probably start out with a low dose of each (just gaba and rhodiola) and just work ur way up until u feel the good effects... combined with a weak stim as in just caffeine or maybe a low dose of geranium (ive never combined these b4) it should work out well...

but i do VERY HIGHLY agree with wheygood... u should definitely go through some of the normal interview questions b4 u get in there...

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 gram of ALCAR + 1 gram of Phenibut should help a lot as well.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Phenibut

Get the Primaforce brand :thumbsup:

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Say, for instance, the interview is at 9:00am. I don't expect to actually get in there to talk to them until 9:30 or so. How far in advance should phenibut, ALCAR, GABA, etc. be dosed?

Halo1999

Halo1999

Awards
Kava Kava +1...This herb relaxes me so much up for 2 hours..This specific brand works the best as I haved tried many..Gaiaherb brand is the best.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I would take phenibut at like 8 - 8:30ish...1 gram should do...

dlinelifter

Awards
dude don't forget to breathe as you're sittin in the car, walkin in, and sitting at the interview. Its crucial, saved me in some huge presentations for work/school, interviews. dont have labored breathing, or they'll think you're a creeper. but think about it enough to get your breath right, and get it done

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Kava Kava +1...This herb relaxes me so much up for 2 hours..This specific brand works the best as I haved tried many..Gaiaherb brand is the best.
Haha, now I don't wanna be so relaxed I fall asleep or anything....

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to give everyone a big "Thank you" for your advice and recommendations...

I ended up using 1.25g Phenibut, 1g GABA, 1g ALCAR, ~600mg Piracetam, and ~500mg Choline Citrate....

Had to slam it down because it was damn funky. I generally use the latter of the 3 in a nootrophic cocktail to help study or write a paper. So, the horrible taste was no surprise. But the added Phenibut and GABA really head mellow me out so I wasn't so nervous...

I already told most of you when I repped you, but I did really well on the interview. I managed to stay really calm and answer some really tough scenario questions. I was "highly recommended" for a position pending a thorough background investigation. Gotta love the government. Haha....

Well, thanks again everyone! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome bro. Glad we could help you, I hope you get the job! Just remember, any job is a good job in this economy! I tried to pm you back but your box is full fyi.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you had a great interview bro. Hope you get the job. Best of luck.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Awesome bro. Glad we could help you, I hope you get the job! Just remember, any job is a good job in this economy! I tried to pm you back but your box is full fyi.
On here or DA?

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for letting me know man. I didn't get any kind of warning or anything... I guess when it's full it's full...

And thanks to everyone else for the best wishes. I really appreciate it guys.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Practice out loud in front of a mirror. It really does help you to prepare and become comfortable with speaking. Get a good nights rest, have everything ready the night prior so there is no rushing in the AM. Best of luck man.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Practice out loud in front of a mirror. It really does help you to prepare and become comfortable with speaking. Get a good nights rest, have everything ready the night prior so there is no rushing in the AM. Best of luck man.
The interview was mainly based on several different scenarios where you basically have to illustrate superior critical thinking abilities along with common sense and being firm in your decisions....

It wasn't the standard Q&A that most people are used to for interviews. It was for the United States Customs and Border Protection...

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I have been on 6 or 7 interview panels in my career, and they will basically ask you variations of:

Tell us about yourself?
Why do you want this job? Why did you apply?
What are your qualifications for this job?
What are your strengths?
What weaknesses do you have (or where would you like to improve)?
Tell us about a success you’ve have in your career (or a situation where you learned something important).
Tell us about something that didn’t go well and how you handled it. What did you learn from this experience?
Tell us about your worst boss? [Have a story about a boss who didn’t communicate well or wasn’t committed to the company’s goals, not that some previous boss was a ‘jerk’ or you hated each other, etc. You don’t want to bad-mouth a previous boss here.]
In closing, is there anything else you want us to know?[/QUOTE]

People interview with ??? like that becaus THE SUCK AT THE HIRING PROCESS. I train all my PM's Program Managers to concentrate on 1. can the do the position to a high level of contributuin. 2. do the genuine display the desire to work for the comp we are offering. 3 when asked pointedly - do their career goals line up with our goals. We get 3 Rogers and we are good to go. It is truely amazing at some of the $$$ i hear people get asked at interviews. Very suprised their are not more law suits.