ugl gear?

TravD77

TravD77

Awards
is it safe to draw out a months worth of ugl test at one time and let it sit in the syringe until use??so like 3 weeks in syringe....just wondering cuz of the lower quality thing...tia

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
is it safe to draw out a months worth of ugl test at one time and let it sit in the syringe until use??so like 3 weeks in syringe....just wondering cuz of the lower quality thing...tia
I don't understand why you would want to do that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Dosent matter if it's ugl or pharmacy, it's a terrible idea. Yes some people backload syringes but I'm gonna list the 2 main reasons I feel it's a bad idea.

Carrier oils, many carrier oils can destroy the little rubber piece In the syringe. Mostly synthetic carriers but mct oil can also do this and most gear these days is made in MCT oil. Also if there are a bunch of solvents this can also happen. If that rubber starts to dissolve you're going to be injecting that dissolved rubber into yourself.

Contamination, once it's in the syringe it's not 100% air tight, once you break the rubber stopper a tiny bit of air gets in, especially if you use extra air to pressurize the vial. Then in the syringe a tiny bit of air can still get in through the needle. This all causes potential for contaminate.

With all that said, I'm sure some ppl still do it. But that don't make it a good idea.

If you decide to do it anyway then make sure your oil is something non corrosive to the rubber and after you've loaded everything I would individually put them in Ziploc bags or something to further ensure less air getting in and out.

The final reason or bonus reason not to is that say you get some contaminating and it's only your second pin, now it's very likely that all the rest of those loaded syringes are contaminated as well and you just wasted all that gear

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well technically it's supposed to be sterile. if it's loaded and capped and then stored in a cool dry location and you swap the pin before injecting, then it should be relatively safe. I think it would be prudent to take extra precautions and probably swab the draw needle as you pull it out of the vial, then immediately cap it kinda stuff. I have preloaded stuff in the past but just prefer now to take my gear with me on the road and do all this stuff on the day I intend to use it. i dont like to take any chances when possible.

TravD77

TravD77

Awards
Dosent matter if it's ugl or pharmacy, it's a terrible idea. Yes some people backload syringes but I'm gonna list the 2 main reasons I feel it's a bad idea.

Carrier oils, many carrier oils can destroy the little rubber piece In the syringe. Mostly synthetic carriers but mct oil can also do this and most gear these days is made in MCT oil. Also if there are a bunch of solvents this can also happen. If that rubber starts to dissolve you're going to be injecting that dissolved rubber into yourself.

Contamination, once it's in the syringe it's not 100% air tight, once you break the rubber stopper a tiny bit of air gets in, especially if you use extra air to pressurize the vial. Then in the syringe a tiny bit of air can still get in through the needle. This all causes potential for contaminate.

With all that said, I'm sure some ppl still do it. But that don't make it a good idea.

If you decide to do it anyway then make sure your oil is something non corrosive to the rubber and after you've loaded everything I would individually put them in Ziploc bags or something to further ensure less air getting in and out.

The final reason or bonus reason not to is that say you get some contaminating and it's only your second pin, now it's very likely that all the rest of those loaded syringes are contaminated as well and you just wasted all that gear
i get it..your right ....i was doing it to save time

TravD77

TravD77

Awards
well technically it's supposed to be sterile. if it's loaded and capped and then stored in a cool dry location and you swap the pin before injecting, then it should be relatively safe. I think it would be prudent to take extra precautions and probably swab the draw needle as you pull it out of the vial, then immediately cap it kinda stuff. I have preloaded stuff in the past but just prefer now to take my gear with me on the road and do all this stuff on the day I intend to use it. i dont like to take any chances when possible.
yeah i think im over it myself...thx

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Took me a sec to get what OP meant. I assumed he was talking about daily pins. I don't see any issue have a few weeks worth of slin pins on hand. I do it and have never run into problems. I keep things sterile.

But it sounds like OP was asking if he could load up just ONE syringe and keep reusing?