Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How dare you diss my nutritional breakfast!
No I would legit pay all the gold for a cat that churns out bfast burritos like that!

I see you pushing those CSRs up! And btw 10s on frontsquat is crazy town...you will be so so sore

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any one else’s appetite go into the dumper when doing high volume after a lonngggg training cycle of essentially low volume? After my workout I had my typical protein shake and I haven’t had an appetite since :/

I’m going to eat 700ca over maintenance tomorrow to “make up” for tonight. Shame really because after my session I was thinking “this is good, progression is made, the volume isn’t killing me ... so imma fuel up tonight.” Then reality said, “or nah”

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I would legit pay all the gold for a cat that churns out bfast burritos like that!

I see you pushing those CSRs up! And btw 10s on frontsquat is crazy town...you will be so so sore
Imma wave everything(accessories/supplemental) to 8s because sets get added and my intensity is increasing weekly (typically, if my + sets are >8)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any one else’s appetite go into the dumper when doing high volume after a lonngggg training cycle of essentially low volume? After my workout I had my typical protein shake and I haven’t had an appetite since :/

I’m going to eat 700ca over maintenance tomorrow to “make up” for tonight. Shame really because after my session I was thinking “this is good, progression is made, the volume isn’t killing me ... so imma fuel up tonight.” Then reality said, “or nah”
I wish. Have constantly the urge to raid the fridge.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

It’s always a struggle for me to eat after training and always has been. I stay amped for at least 2 hrs after and I have to force feed myself

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have a bad bout of indigestion again.

Going to low FODMAP/elimination diet this weekend until I can get this under control or figured out. I believe my fresh cut salsa and chili is bringing this on but idk.

Either way, I’ll have to correct this sooner than later.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have a bad bout of indigestion again.

Going to low FODMAP/elimination diet this weekend until I can get this under control or figured out. I believe my fresh cut salsa and chili is bringing this on but idk.

Either way, I’ll have to correct this sooner than later.
Betaine HCL with every meal. Trust the grandpa's advise.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Or actually figure out whats causing the problem via his original plan instead of taking something that may but probably wont work to cover it up.

Betaine is only useful if hypochlorhydria is the cause of the gerd/indigestion. This is the much less common cause of GERD and seeing how he believes eating spicy and acidic foods (eg. chilis and tomato salsa) may be the culprit/trigger, its pretty unlikely that adding betaine hcl is going to be useful. Its not necessarily gonna cause harm to try, but why not get to the root cause instead?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or actually figure out whats causing the problem via his original plan instead of taking something that may but probably wont work to cover it up.

Betaine is only useful if hypochlorhydria is the cause of the gerd/indigestion. This is the much less common cause of GERD and seeing how he believes eating spicy and acidic foods (eg. chilis and tomato salsa) may be the culprit/trigger, its pretty unlikely that adding betaine hcl is going to be useful. Its not necessarily gonna cause harm to try, but why not get to the root cause instead?
Betaine is the cheapest -and less invasive supplement for digestive problems.
Yes, he should eat "stomach friendly" for awhile. Betaine is my first "go-to", I would give it a spin. If problems persist, easy digestible food for up to a few weeks and maybe L-carnosine, slippery elm, mastic gum to help healing irritated stomach walls.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thing is, he will not be happy with eating soup for a few weeks. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thing is, he will not be happy with eating soup for a few weeks. :)
When I come back from flu, plain toast, jasmine rice, white soda, Morton Lite Salt, bananas eventually with pb & honey, and finally plain chicken breast & half strength Gatorade.

From there it’s just experimenting adding in progressively more solid, fibrous & fatty foods over time.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I come back from flu, plain toast, jasmine rice, white soda, Morton Lite Salt, bananas eventually with pb & honey, and finally plain chicken breast & half strength Gatorade.

From there it’s just experimenting adding in progressively more solid, fibrous & fatty foods over time.
The mental aspect of it... One day toast and herbal tea = all gains gone!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I’m fine with eggs, steak and basmati. Pineapples/pineapple juice is low fodmap. So I’ll start there.

Rice/juice + eggs for breakfast
Rice/chicken for lunch
White potato/chopped steak for dinner
Plain kiefer for stomach aide

Will pick my snacks based off the fodmap diet layout. Probably bake a poop ton of green beans with a dusting of olive oil and salt and buy those blue diamon almond nut thin cracker things.

This is the plan for now. Appreciate the advice from everyone!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those nut thins are good. I recommend the cheddar ones...I have a REAL hard time not eating the whole box when I open them.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those nut thins are good. I recommend the cheddar ones...I have a REAL hard time not eating the whole box when I open them.
I remember when I did the gluten free thing to see if it’s help my auto immune disease, I would by the nut thins regularly... and crush 1/2 box every time lol got REAL expensive real quick lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention, Monday I took a cap of my SNS PEA with my pre workout and I won’t be doing that again. I was up ALL night (230am) with anxious thoughts and irritability. It’s odd because there isn’t a MAOI inhibitor to potentiate the BPEA and have it last THAT long. It’s usually ~15min life.

Good for thought if you guys have PEA lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Such a crappy way to start my day. Someone hit my dog . I wrapped a towel around him and broke every law regarding the roadway to get him to the vet and I wish that was enough but it wasn’t, he died. This sucks.
So sorry to hear this Brother...
That burrito looks pretty good for “post-digestion”
LOL
I’d eat that sh!t
Not sure if this in an intentional pun to the response above but if not it is a nice accidental one.
Post Digestion > I'd eat that Shlt LMAO!!!

I have a harder time eating then my heart rate is higher, and when I am hot.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Bro Logic to follow!!!!!

Since you are just getting into volume stuff you are probably not getting enough oxygen to the cells than needed for that type of training, creating an EPOC type situation post workout. When I get amped up like that and my body stays warm it is very hard for me to eat. I have to have a cold shake with some carbs post training then eat what I can in a meal an hour or so later when I can make myself eat. If i find I still can't eat that I will have a shake and some sweet carbs of some sort to get the calories in. I have found i am able to get down some sweets like poptarts, or dry kids cereal even when I don't want to eat.
It’s always a struggle for me to eat after training and always has been. I stay amped for at least 2 hrs after and I have to force feed myself
Yep!

I forgot to mention, Monday I took a cap of my SNS PEA with my pre workout and I won’t be doing that again. I was up ALL night (230am) with anxious thoughts and irritability. It’s odd because there isn’t a MAOI inhibitor to potentiate the BPEA and have it last THAT long. It’s usually ~15min life.

Good for thought if you guys have PEA lol
Good info.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can without a doubt say that the salsa or guac caused the indigestion because I didn’t eat it this morning and I’ve been fine (had just two whole large eggs, 2oz sausage and 8oz pineapple juice).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 I’m the same way. And I am very typically hot and have high heart rate after lower body intense training, thus never having appetite right away.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2D2 Volume

Face pull
25x30
30x2x30

Bench
190x4x5r
190x11 + set

Lat pull down
120x10 @8
110x10 @8
100x10 @8

Incline Db hex press
55x10 @8
45x2x10r @8

Db curl
3 sets of 10@8

V bar tri ext
3 sets of 10

Bench is coastin, so that’s good. Had an awesome pump too which is always a good thing in my book, especially when it’s almost your entire upper body hand me looking swole instead of smol.

Anyhow, be easy!
God bless!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My fats are cranked way up (compared to before this whole indigestion bid).

Good thing, my chili hasn’t caused any indigestion at all. So, I’m going to keep that in rotation.

Today’s macros
Cho-150g
Fat-85g
Pro-130g

^this has been my macros for the last three days and I’m down 0.4lb

I’ll get this fine tuned this weekend. More than likely though, I’ll keep my fats that high and bring my protein up to 150g minimum (usually eat that much anyhow but it’s been harder this last week).

Anyhow
Be easy
God bless

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If trying to regain weight why aren't you using a little more carbs to help you recover it? More insulin, more anabolism. Plus probably easier on the stomach than a protein increase.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If trying to regain weight why aren't you using a little more carbs to help you recover it? More insulin, more anabolism. Plus probably easier on the stomach than a protein increase.
I will at some point, trying to find what is bothering my gut.

So far I’m working on the proteins lol

The salsa, natty pb and guac creates bloat/indigestion for sure so those are gone for now.

I know the basmati/jasmine rice don’t irritate my gut so that’s good.

As long as I’m hitting 0.8g of protein I’m fine really, my fats fall we’re they fall right now because I’m using organic 85/15 beef and chopped sirloin, whole eggs and pork sausage.

Going to look at incorporating rice based pasta to help the cho increase.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will at some point, trying to find what is bothering my gut.

So far I’m working on the proteins lol

The salsa, natty pb and guac creates bloat/indigestion for sure so those are gone for now.

I know the basmati/jasmine rice don’t irritate my gut so that’s good.

As long as I’m hitting 0.8g of protein I’m fine really, my fats fall we’re they fall right now because I’m using organic 85/15 beef and chopped sirloin, whole eggs and pork sausage.

Going to look at incorporating rice based pasta to help the cho increase.
Sounds good, and if you know rice isn't an issue it shouldn't be a problem adding it in when you are ready. Should not skew your ability to figure out what is actually causing the problem. Fats should be pretty nice at that level too. Was just mentioning the carbs because that is key to opening the door for the most anabolic compound of all, insulin. So if trying to regain that is the big ticket item.

Have you checked out the Vertical Diet? Pretty much a bodybuilders Elimination or FODMAP diet. It helped me pick a lot of my food sources that have helped me get my reflux under control.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good, and if you know rice isn't an issue it shouldn't be a problem adding it in when you are ready. Should not skew your ability to figure out what is actually causing the problem. Fats should be pretty nice at that level too. Was just mentioning the carbs because that is key to opening the door for the most anabolic compound of all, insulin. So if trying to regain that is the big ticket item.

Have you checked out the Vertical Diet? Pretty much a bodybuilders Elimination or FODMAP diet. It helped me pick a lot of my food sources that have helped me get my reflux under control.
Yeah, I contemplated using it a few months back but that *can* get expensive. But, that may be my best option to be honest.

I’ll go re read the free pdf from Stan and give it serious thought. Thanks MrKleen73

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2D3 Volume

Today was a whole lotta suck. Used my same PC warm up.

Squat
235x4x5r
235x8 + set

Block pull
205x4x10r @8 repeats

Lat pull down w/cambered bar w handles?
95x3x15r @8

Yeesh, I should’ve taken longer breaks between sets because I’ve got a MASSIVE headache now. Still no appetite

P.s. I’m not built for volume lol but we’re gonna keep hammering away at it!

Be easy
God bless!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
W2D3 Volume

Today was a whole lotta suck. Used my same PC warm up.

Squat
235x4x5r
235x8 + set

Block pull
205x4x10r @8 repeats

Lat pull down w/cambered bar w handles?
95x3x15r @8

Yeesh, I should’ve taken longer breaks between sets because I’ve got a MASSIVE headache now. Still no appetite

P.s. I’m not built for volume lol but we’re gonna keep hammering away at it!

Be easy
God bless!
True that! LOL. I guess if intensity is high enough, like veins on forehead and gnashing of teeth, low volume should work too.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W2D4 Volume

Face pull
20,25,25 x30r

Foam press
155x4x10r

OHP
100x4x5r
100x7 + set

Seated hammer curl
3x15r

Cambered bar tri ext
3x15r

CGPD
3x15r

Pallof press super set with leg raises
3x12 each side for pallof
3x15 for leg raises

*forgot to say that I incorporate two sets of standard planks of 30sec at the tail end of my PC warm ups before I pull (Monday) and squat (Friday)

Considering my calorie intake for the week I’ve had decent training sessions. Today was ok as well but the foam press was challenging but the pump was great

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food has been simple

Grits + whole eggs
4oz Chicken + 1c jasmine rice
Almond nut thins
Protein w/water
4oz Chicken + 1c jasmine rice

Still have kiefer and more eggs + Cheerios to eat. So far so good with the stomach!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jswain34

Those cheddar nut thins are FIRE.

..... I ate the whole box...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell ya! #gainz #expensivegainz

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Research BPC157 for gut health/IBS. It is not NOT banned by WADA or illegal and significantly studied in humans safely.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Research BPC157 for gut health/IBS. It is not NOT banned by WADA or illegal and significantly studied in humans safely.
This is VERY interesting. Did some reading on it last night! BPC157 is starting to look like the miracle peptide.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D1 Volume

Standard pc warm up w/pubic adjustment and oblique sling warm up

Sumo dead
295x5x5r
295x8 + set
*had to lay down after this one. My work capacity is literal garbage

Front squat ??
135x2x10r @8
130x2x10r @8
125x10

Chest supported Tbar row
85x8 @8
75x10 @8
70x10 @8

45 degree back ext
25lb x3x10r

Next week the sets reduce back to three, “can’t wait” is an understatement lol Truthfully what’s really aggravating is the fact that I can’t seem to eat for this meso to put on muscle because of this stupid GI/stomach issue. But, I’m still making progress so the under eating hasn’t backfired... yet.

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yooooo my erectors are SORE

Also, I’m buying some new straps probably the figure 8s so I can pull my rep work that way instead of thrashing my thumbs lol

Edit* just for reference on total pounds lifted per session (for competition lifts) over the last three weeks.

Deads-
W1 - 6875
W2 -7980
W3 - 9735

Squat
W1 - 5170
W2 - 6580
W3 - ?

Bench
W1 - 4810
W2 - 5990
W3- ?

Gains are being made.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you look into Cerberus Figure 8’s use code KITE10 for 10% off. There’s a cheap brand on Amazon I think called RDX I believe and they’re pretty good for cheapies. Whatever you go with, pay attention to the size. If it’s too big for your wrist, they will slip off and won’t work. My wrists are almost the same as my fiancé’s and we use the same size perfectly. I have a bigger pair that are useless.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those Cerberus ones are pricey but I bet the material is well worth it. If I compare those to the others I’ve found on amazon, the latter look cheaply made lol

Appreciate it bro!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1731.JPG

Y tho?

Wind chill is -23 now

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I contemplated using it a few months back but that *can* get expensive. But, that may be my best option to be honest.

I’ll go re read the free pdf from Stan and give it serious thought. Thanks MrKleen73
Yeah, I think if you eat less of the ground beef it could lower the cost. He also said other than omega3's there wasn't much difference in grain and grass fed regarding other micronutrients. Said grassfed was secondary to getting beef. So you can save a little money there, plus I imagine it is perfectly fine to add other things in that are not inflammatory but are also not beef. Like other sources of meat so long as getting in enough of the beef to cover iron and other needs.

I most definitely do not eat all beef. Maybe 1/2 beef, and a good mix of the others. However the veggies and fruits he mentioned I try to follow since they add up to the at least the RDA for most vitamins and minerals.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D2 volume

Face pull with D handles
3x30r

Bench (pause first rep each set)
195x5x5r
195x10 + set

Lat pull down
120x3x10r

Incline Db
50x3x10
45x2x10r

Incline skull crusher w/cambered bar
3x10r

Db hammer curl
3x10r

Ab wheel ss/w pallof press
3 sets

*bench total lbs this session added*

W1 - 4180
W2 - 5990
W3 - 6825

Challenging session! However, this block is going decently well. Need to add some muscle so I can get stronger

Be easy
God bless

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1734.JPG

Out here lookin smol

No food, water or photo filters

IMG_1735.JPG

I’m shrinking away it’s a mind funk because I routinely go to bed at 153lb.. So, I’m dumping/peeing nearly 5lb of water and ?!

I need to get my weight back to 153lb in the morning and 155-156 before bed lol #strugglebus #teamIBS ?

Yes, my macros changed from last week.. I’ve consistently hit:

Pro-140g
Fat-65g
Cho-220g

CHO sources have been-
Jasmine & basmati rice
Hash browns
Brown rice
Cherrios
Cantaloupe & pineapple

Protein-
80/20 organic beef
Whole eggs
Chicken (white & dark)
Collagen

Fats-
Kerry gold butter
Whatever is in my protein sources

So, I’ll increase my cho consumption as long as my GI still agrees with me and doesn’t have another fit for a whole week. I will say, my volume has increased for my training block so my expenditure is WAY higher..

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D3 Volume

-standard pc warm up

Squat
240x5x5r
240x8 + set

Block pull
Conv - 175x2x10r
Sumo- 225x10 —> 185x2x10r

Seate CG dual D-Handle Row
3x15r

I.
Ain’t.
Built.
For.
Volume.

Man, squats were TOUGH. My speed from my first set to the plus set moved the exact same speed, it was absolutely terrible.

Here’s set 3 of 6
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w92qpdhfqmih5do/240x5 set 3 of 5.MOV?dl=0

Time to eat, put my feet up and get anabolic

Be easy
God bless

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why not increase the fat a bit more. Some dry nuts and Yogurt.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1746.JPG

Oh yeah... whoops lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stupid sore.

That is all

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
W3D4 Volume

DB external rotations (lying on opposite side) 3x30

Feet up Bench
155x5x10

Bb OHP (forgot my belt)
100x5x5r
100x8 + set

Seated row machine
3x15

Rope tri ext
3x15

Rope hammer curl
3x15

Lifted with my buddy at a rec center again so the pulley systems were different, again.

Trained fasted this morning but it doesn’t matter because Quake has the BCAAs

Be easy
God bless!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang I should have got in on something like that. Love the stuff. Theanine dose is a littler higher than I like but otherwise it’s awesome.

Training seems to be going well tho keep it up.
Yeah, the L-Theanine is at a perfect dose for me. I actually used the same dose (when I had a solo ingredient) to sleep.

Training is going well! Despite my lack of work capacity and pretty much constant soreness lol

But, yeah I think Quake is hands down the most well rounded formula.