TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE DROP FAT

moogstar88

Awards
I JUST STARTED WORKING OUT AND DIETING MAYBE A MONTH AGO. IM 6'4 I WEIGHED 263 LBS IVE DROPPED DOWN TO 248 WITHIN THIS TIME. IM TRYING TO REACH MY GOAL OF 230. I WORKOUT AN HOUR A DAY IM STARTING TO SEE SOME CHANGE BUT I WANT TO BUILD MY UPPER BODY MOSTLY BICEPS TRICEPS AND CHEST. HOW DO I BUILD THIS MUSCLE WHILE DROPPING THIS WEIGHT AND NOT LOSING MUSCLE. ANY ADVICE ON WORKOUTS DIETS OR SUPPLEMENTS THAT MIGHT HELP... THANKS

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read other posts on here. there are plenty that answer this for you. its very very hard to do that u want to do, and not suggested for a beginner. so either bulk, or cut. as far as a routine, good ones for beginners are like the 5x5, DC, push/pull...etc. supplement wise u need to have the staples (creatine, multi, bcaas, protein...etc) but your results is going to come from your diet, not what workout routine you do and what supplements you take. supplements are only supposed to SUPPLEMENT you to your goal. just additional help. if your diet is outta wack, they wont do anything for you.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Don't know about DC for a starters routine...

Just go with basics, Tri / Chest, Legs/Shoulder, Back/Bi.

And please for the love of god stop writing in all caps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Learn patience. You didn't get up to 263 in a week or a month or a year, so don't be surprised it takes a while to get your body to look the way you want

Ession

Awards
LOL isn't everyone trying to build muscle and lose fat? I can't imagine someone saying "YO HOW DO I GAIN FAT AND LOSE MUSCLE"

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
easy on the caps lock cowboy. you shouldnt be posting in bulking, there is a weight loss section. your goal is not to bulk.

LeanMx4

Awards
Mayb if u didnt eat so much to get fat in the 1st place n worked out like a normal person, u wouldnt b in this situation...

thebiggerpict

Awards
Mayb if u didnt eat so much to get fat in the 1st place n worked out like a normal person, u wouldnt b in this situation...
thats not very helpful,,
some people,, just stop with work kids stress,,

i no excuse but at least he is on this looking for information, so he is doing something about it,, when i see a obese person in my gym,, i talk and be friendly and try help them,, i let my self when i was 14, i got 14 stone at 5foot that was alot,, thank god i have got my diet and training in check in the last 4 years,,
12 and half stone now, and 12 percent bf
bulking now doe :) get 190-200 pounds is the goal

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
way to feed the troll and revive a nearly 2 month old dead thread

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Just remember what works for one doesn't always work for another.You'll get more help in weight loss forum.For now anything in this world is possible except not paying taxes!Your already lossing weight so your one step closer.As for building muscle and losing fat its hard.You got to find the balance of building it and doing just enough to loss some fat muscle=more cals burned.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
He is in this spot now so lets point him the right path to help out.Not give what he should of done its already done.Give him credit for wanting to get in shape!!!!

boblodiablo

Awards
high reps, medium weight, focus on the negative. Will see results in ~3 weeks.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:D :)

Good advice around here.