John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well i think it works and intill i think otherwise ill try it and see if i notice or get results. Have you tryed it yourself Protein Powder

Like i said ive tryed biotest 500 a few years back for a a couple months and got results. Thats my story. keep the stories coming i enjoy them otherwise if you havnt tryed it yourself with REAL WORLD EXPIRENCE and your only theorising or only read about it , then dont bother writing on the thead, if you have no expience.. NO offense to the people who read about it and havnt tryed it but if you want to know if it WORKS FOR YOU then try it.I hope that comes across LOUD AND CLEAR! and if you havnt tryed it and are arguing that i5t doesnt work then you need to stfu.does that make sense ,,, Good

Proteinpowda

Awards
well i think it works and intill i think otherwise ill try it and see if i notice or get results. Have you tryed it yourself Protein Powder

Like i said ive tryed biotest 500 a few years back for a a couple months and got results. Thats my story. keep the stories coming i enjoy them otherwise if you havnt tryed it yourself with REAL WORLD EXPIRENCE and your only theorising or only read about it , then dont bother writing on the thead, if you have no expience.. NO offense to the people who read about it and havnt tryed it but if you want to know if it WORKS FOR YOU then try it.I hope that comes across LOUD AND CLEAR! and if you havnt tryed it and are arguing that i5t doesnt work then you need to stfu.does that make sense ,,, Good
Yes I have taken Tribex-500.
I used to post a lot on T-nation too...
So I'm quite familiar with it.
I also read the original study done by Biotest on their old Tribex-500 and it's review by John Berardi.
I also realize that everyone reacts different to every different substance; for example I wasn't sure if I noticed an effect from Pheraplex or 1-test..but I sure as hell love Ergropharm 1-ad.
The results people are describing in this thread are very subjective but I think we tend to garnish them lest we not feel like we wasted our money (remembering how much Tribex-500 used to cost back in the day).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i can still recall, and if i also remember correctly i got pimples on tribex-500, something i wasnt getting at the time. it cost 21.00 a bottle. for about 3 weeks. i used to take 5=6 pills a da at the highest and ive learned with biotest tribex its a waste to take that many. take the recommended dose.

Oswizle

Awards
The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.
Submitted by Site Editor on Fri, 2006-06-09 03:56.
The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.: J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23 Authors: Neychev VK, Mitev VI

OBJECTIVE: The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males. DESIGN AND METHODS: Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation. RESULTS: There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
best way is to test it yourself because most tribs dont work. Tribs that come from bulgeria are work.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I am currently using Tribulus Extreme from CNW. I am following 4 weeks of activate and 2 weeks of Powerful. I have not been pumping weights as per my holiday schedule, but gosh darn it I feel great with excellent LBM....and my balls have never hung lower.

My testicles always seem to swing a little more on tribulus.
which makes my underwear selection all the more important!!!

I like the freedom of boxers, but once the momentum takes over...

Sports briefs offer a nice secure feeling but there is always the danger TNS( trapped nut syndrom )

So, yea tribulus works for me at keeping my balls happy.
...and when my balls are happy everybody is happy in my house!!!

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I will say some herbals do work.
The old powerfull from USPLABS with the muira puama saponin extracts definitely had an effect on my libido and size.
They recommended 6-9 caps a day but being on a budget I took only 4. I took them 5 days on 2 days off for like eight months. The only other supps I took were cissus and nature made multivatamins. I got morning wood. More semen volume. And using a tape measure my penis after the second month was about an inch longer and about a half inch thicker in girth.
Since my weight training is mainly for strength/cuts and not bulk I did not get bigger. I did seem to have more focus at work though.

And the effects did not wear off even up to the 8 months.
Then USP discontinued the old and made the new. The new just doesnt work for me like the old did.
I am 26 years old. And I have never taken prohormones or ai's or anything like that. The USPLABS stuff was a trial basis because I had read it would make you stronger. And the cissus becasue i used to fight full contact and skateboard and have gotten quite a few bones broken and joints twisted from thoise activities.

I figure the extracts of some things work, and the actual plant from other herbs work.
Like many have said certain products dont work because the processing may have not kept the actives in the right proportion.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
updated research the protis( a word) has to be 40 % or higher , in additonal a certain amount of sapon to be decently effective.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I will say some herbals do work.
The old powerfull from USPLABS with the muira puama saponin extracts definitely had an effect on my libido and size.
They recommended 6-9 caps a day but being on a budget I took only 4. I took them 5 days on 2 days off for like eight months. The only other supps I took were cissus and nature made multivatamins. I got morning wood. More semen volume. And using a tape measure my penis after the second month was about an inch longer and about a half inch thicker in girth.
Since my weight training is mainly for strength/cuts and not bulk I did not get bigger. I did seem to have more focus at work though.

And the effects did not wear off even up to the 8 months.
Then USP discontinued the old and made the new. The new just doesnt work for me like the old did.
I am 26 years old. And I have never taken prohormones or ai's or anything like that. The USPLABS stuff was a trial basis because I had read it would make you stronger. And the cissus becasue i used to fight full contact and skateboard and have gotten quite a few bones broken and joints twisted from thoise activities.

I figure the extracts of some things work, and the actual plant from other herbs work.
Like many have said certain products dont work because the processing may have not kept the actives in the right proportion.
PowerFull made your d*ck bigger? Come on, dude...
:stick:

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
USP say they have an extract of Tribulus called Tribulan or something like that. They say it is only found in great amounts in there Trib product. I have never heard of this anyone heard of different compounds in tribulus?

Taken from TNA write-up (IT IS MISPELLED IN THE WRITE UP THE CORRECT SPELLING IS TRIBULOSIN)

T stands for Tribulus

I know, I know, there are a ton of Tribulus products on the market and it's hardly ground-breaking to include this in our formula. But most companies have either missed the point entirely or are just too cheap to include the real extract that has been proven in science to increase androgen levels, which directly increase your body's own production of Leutinizing Hormone (Testosterone).

As with everything else we've done, we've managed to uncover a "secret" Indian extract of Tribulus that contains a special saponin called Tribulosan. In fact, Tribulosan is so rare it's only found in miniscule quantities in only a few of the world's Tribulus plants. Bulgarian Tribulus, which is considered by many as the "Gold Standard" of Tribulus contains only 0.1 mg per gram of extract...and that is considered high by Tribulosan standards. The special Indian Tribulus that only we harvest contains a whopping 8.3 milligrams of Tribulosan per gram...that's over an 8000% greater concentration of Tribulosan!!

So we have included the secret, "real deal" pharmaceutical-grade Indian extract that will significantly increase your total test levels to ensure your body is pumping out as much natural T as possible.

TNA is the only supplement on the market to contain this Indian extract, which is supported in the recent study by Denchev, Janda, Evstatieva, Oleszek, Aslani and Kostova that was published in Phytochemistry Journal. 2007 Aug 22.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok, i think the question that needs to be addressed is does tribulus create an anabolic effect ?

For libido and slight test increase, I can see that happening. As for if the increase is high enough to create an anabolic effect is another story.

g29er

g29er

Awards
USP say they have an extract of Tribulus called Tribulan or something like that. They say it is only found in great amounts in there Trib product. I have never heard of this anyone heard of different compounds in tribulus?

Taken from TNA write-up (IT IS MISPELLED IN THE WRITE UP THE CORRECT SPELLING IS TRIBULOSIN)

T stands for Tribulus

I know, I know, there are a ton of Tribulus products on the market and it's hardly ground-breaking to include this in our formula. But most companies have either missed the point entirely or are just too cheap to include the real extract that has been proven in science to increase androgen levels, which directly increase your body's own production of Leutinizing Hormone (Testosterone).

As with everything else we've done, we've managed to uncover a "secret" Indian extract of Tribulus that contains a special saponin called Tribulosan. In fact, Tribulosan is so rare it's only found in miniscule quantities in only a few of the world's Tribulus plants. Bulgarian Tribulus, which is considered by many as the "Gold Standard" of Tribulus contains only 0.1 mg per gram of extract...and that is considered high by Tribulosan standards. The special Indian Tribulus that only we harvest contains a whopping 8.3 milligrams of Tribulosan per gram...that's over an 8000% greater concentration of Tribulosan!!

So we have included the secret, "real deal" pharmaceutical-grade Indian extract that will significantly increase your total test levels to ensure your body is pumping out as much natural T as possible.

TNA is the only supplement on the market to contain this Indian extract, which is supported in the recent study by Denchev, Janda, Evstatieva, Oleszek, Aslani and Kostova that was published in Phytochemistry Journal. 2007 Aug 22.
Tribestan from Sopharma inc.(Bulgaria) is one the few Tribulus products that are manufactured correctly. Tribulus breaks down when air hits it. It has to be packaged in blister-paks or air-tight capsules to stay fresh. Tribulus that is in regular capsules is very limited in effectiveness because of degradation from air. And yes, Tribulus that is not an extract is worthless because the extract is so much more potent and bio-available. Companies that sell Trib that is not in extract form or that manufacture it in unsealed packaging or delivery systems are trying to save a couple bucks and sell an inferior product. I do not work for Sopharma but I believe that they make the best Trib,considering they are the ones who basically started manufacturing it years ago long before anyone in America even heard of it,and before it became trendy. They also have better access to raws because trib is an indigenous plant in and around Bulgaria,and other warm climates.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tribestan from Sopharma inc.(Bulgaria) is one the few Tribulus products that are manufactured correctly. Tribulus breaks down when air hits it. It has to be packaged in blister-paks or air-tight capsules to stay fresh. Tribulus that is in regular capsules is very limited in effectiveness because of degradation from air. And yes, Tribulus that is not an extract is worthless because the extract is so much more potent and bio-available. Companies that sell Trib that is not in extract form or that manufacture it in unsealed packaging or delivery systems are trying to save a couple bucks and sell an inferior product. I do not work for Sopharma but I believe that they make the best Trib,considering they are the ones who basically started manufacturing it years ago long before anyone in America even heard of it,and before it became trendy. They also have better access to raws because trib is an indigenous plant in and around Bulgaria,and other warm climates.
Thanks for the information. I have two bottles of Blue up to try.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, just to clarify.

Trib DOES NOT raise testosterone in a direct sense, or at all. Trib is a plant. The plant is meaningless, it's the phytochemicals we need to be concerned with. Thus, we can pretty much throw out every study that's been posted here, since they don't look at the phyto's of the plant and are therefore meaningless.

There's several phyto's in trib which may, or may not, raise testosterone through a somewhat indirect process by raising levels or DHEA, LH, and/or both.

As of current there is not enough research being made public or demand for such research for people to want to delve deeper into it's science.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
so you buy tribulus directly from sopharma then or do some supplement companies use them ?

g29er

g29er

Awards
so you buy tribulus directly from sopharma then or do some supplement companies use them ?

You can buy Tribestan at alot of places. Google it. Tribestan is the brand name. It retails for about 25-30 bucks. You could probably buy it through Sopharma, but buying supps directly from the manufacturer is usually expensive as we all know.

g29er

g29er

Awards
Ok, just to clarify.

Trib DOES NOT raise testosterone in a direct sense, or at all. Trib is a plant. The plant is meaningless, it's the phytochemicals we need to be concerned with. Thus, we can pretty much throw out every study that's been posted here, since they don't look at the phyto's of the plant and are therefore meaningless.

There's several phyto's in trib which may, or may not, raise testosterone through a somewhat indirect process by raising levels or DHEA, LH, and/or both.

As of current there is not enough research being made public or demand for such research for people to want to delve deeper into it's science.
Hence the reason why the extraction/manufacturing process is so important.The same thing can be said of multi-vitamins and a million other supps,research is often contradictory and conflicting but some folks swear by them,but when manufactured correctly they can produce good results. Sapogenins which are just basically plants, are also a good example,in the right hands,they can be pretty effective ie Bad Ass Mass.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm willing to give tribestan from sophapharm a whirl.

I'm a big fan of tribulus products. On the other hand, I don't really like long jack so much.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What about ThermoLife's Tribosten product ? I think that is in blister packs too.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blue up has Trib 30% proto(40% or higher is best) Longjack , and atva salvia

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'll try large doses of Trib that comes in blister packs. I used the original activate and it worked quite well @ 6 caps a day.

smeton,

You gotta get rid of that Controlled Labs shlt, and buy Diesel Test Hardcore instead. It is a 100% natural product and I've used it myself already twice. It has good extracts in it.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
smeton,

You gotta get rid of that Controlled Labs shlt, and buy Diesel Test Hardcore instead. It is a 100% natural product and I've used it myself already twice. It has good extracts in it.
Getting sub'd. I have a response for this...but CL blue up is definitely not SHlT as you put it (not saying DT is either). I'll reply tomorrow, I'm tired and need sleep now... :frustrate