OK... DON'T LAUGH... Who still takes Tribulus?

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I know, I know, it sucks. Does not boost testosterone at all.

As someone who used it off and on for years, i can say it definitely does something.

Mood improvement and libido boosting effects every time i ran it.

i think the best stuff I tried was the 60% powder from Bulk Nutrition.

From my reading, it has nitric oxide boosting properties. It also may be have MAO inhibiting properties which may explain the mood improvement I get from it.

Maybe the latter is a placebo effect, the libido effects I can say for sure are real.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Libido effect is real for many ppl. In fact I'm pretty sure that's why it's included in so many testosterone boosters, ppl feel horny and assume they must be getting higher testosterone levels.

With that being said. I e always found it useless. I feel like the older crowd and ppl with low sexual desire are the ones who are going to benifit

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are so many herbs claiming to increase testosterone...tribulus, fadogia, fenugreek, maca, tongkat, nettle root extract...I guess the best thing to do is try them all and see which one has any effect. Personally, I had noticeable libido improvement using Olympus Labs Maca root (no longer being made sadly) and currently, black ginger powder.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love tribulus and arginine. Blow me.

Lol. The problem is not all trib is the same. Good Bulgarian stuff is really good. When I repped for San, they had 500mg caps of real Bulgarian stuff, and 1000mg caps with a higher percentage of protodioscin, guess which was more effective.

So unless you've tried real Bulgarian, don't knock it. One day I'll try the real deal tribuvar.

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Libido effect is real for many ppl. In fact I'm pretty sure that's why it's included in so many testosterone boosters, ppl feel horny and assume they must be getting higher testosterone levels.

With that being said. I e always found it useless. I feel like the older crowd and ppl with low sexual desire are the ones who are going to benifit
Honestly, being horny in itself is an admirable goal.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know, I know, it sucks. Does not boost testosterone at all.

As someone who used it off and on for years, i can say it definitely does something.

Mood improvement and libido boosting effects every time i ran it.

i think the best stuff I tried was the 60% powder from Bulk Nutrition.

From my reading, it has nitric oxide boosting properties. It also may be have MAO inhibiting properties which may explain the mood improvement I get from it.

Maybe the latter is a placebo effect, the libido effects I can say for sure are real.
Tribestan for the win

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On a serious note, that stuff is just 250mg tribulus caps.

The now brand has 1000mg caps for the same price. That's a no brainer

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Say I saw on Amazon a product by Toniiq called Tribulus. It's 95% saponins but no mention of protodioscin. I emailed the company to see if they'll let me know. They said they'll give COA if requested.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am something of a Tribulus expert, and here are my top picks:

1. Biotest Alpha Male (formerly Tribex)
2. Sopharma Tribestan
3. World A.B.S Tribulus
4. SAN Tribuvar
5. Goliath Labs Tribuloid

And yes, Tribulus does in fact boost testosterone IF YOU TAKE THE RIGHT ONE. Any of the ones I listed will do the job. I did, however, list them by my personal preference.
Could you elaborate why you consider yourself a tribulus expert and why you claim it boosts testosterone? Did you do lab tests before and after a cycle of the above mentioned ones? If so mind you sharing the results. Other than that I don’t see how you can say it boost testosterone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Could you elaborate why you consider yourself a tribulus expert and why you claim it boosts testosterone? Did you do lab tests before and after a cycle of the above mentioned ones? If so mind you sharing the results. Other than that I don’t see how you can say it boost testosterone.
I'm somewhat of a oatmeal expert, I e tried many kinds of oats

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sopharma Tribestan is bulgarian tribulus and made by a pharmaceutical company.

From Vujade
Except in the Case of Sopharma. All other Trib is Trib and pretty much useless
when it comes to body building, not so useless for general health and cancer prevention.

Sopharma is a Pharmaceutical company, not a Supplement company. They're not selling
the Tribulus plant like everyone else. Their selling a 45% protodioscin extract of Tribulus.
Big difference between something that has been standardized for an extract and just the
ordinary plant itself.

From Danes
The difference is the quality (the % of protodioscin. The main active furostanol/steroidal saponin).

Lets say you take 6 tabs of tribestan daily (one of the recommended doses).
Each tab had 250mg tribulus terrestris (45% protodioscin). It means each tab has 100mg pure protodioscin. So 6 tabs=600mg protodioscin and rest is protogracillin, tribol and other.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The no brainer is that the sopharma stuff will blow now away. Sopharma is the studied Bulgarian stuff, now is probably sourced form chna with unknown levels of protodioscin.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The no brainer is that the sopharma stuff will blow now away. Sopharma is the studied Bulgarian stuff, now is probably sourced form chna with unknown levels of protodioscin.
I'm not a fan regardless, tried the Bulgarian stuff too, didn't do anything for me. I know some ppl like the stuff, I'm not one of them

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Lol. The problem is not all trib is the same. Good Bulgarian stuff is really good. When I repped for San, they had 500mg caps of real Bulgarian stuff, and 1000mg caps with a higher percentage of protodioscin, guess which was more effective.

So unless you've tried real Bulgarian, don't knock it. One day I'll try the real deal tribuvar.
Question, what is the difference between Bulgarian and tribuvar?

Never heard of tribuvar

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Question, what is the difference between Bulgarian and tribuvar?

Never heard of tribuvar
Tribuvar was san's Bulgarian tribulus. Sopharma is a Bulgarian pharmaceutical company that makes high quality, studied stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think you meant "you're"? Anyways, a guy who uses the word "homie" shouldn't be calling anyone a douchebag.
I specifically worded everything how I did because I knew you would respond like that and I wanted to prove my point, so thank you for that. 👍

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is the internet, there's nothing that some person can type that's going to be upsetting lol

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What about high quality tongkat ali? I think it does have potential to raise test rather than just making you horny.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm sure I've still got some shaking around... Used it for fatloss, never test boosting, still didn't do anything meaningful.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took Sopharma Tribestan a few months ago. Was able to get it on the River. I really didn't notice much on it. But I was taking 4 tabs a day which is probably less than what I should've been taking but price wise it would've gotten expensive.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6mg of that is already in SNS Optimize-T along with other stuff like Furosap. Really that's what to get.
I don't doubt it. It's just that a bottle of boron glycinate at Swansons is $1.75. It's just an awesome deal.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just regular trib works for me .. i mean i dont see mtest type results but def moves a willy

my go to brands
SNS
optimum nutrition
All max

Lumalux

Lumalux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone else find that taking boron and zinc before bed virtually guarantees nighttime tumescence (usually within 15-30 minutes of going to bed, sometime even within minutes) and a diamond cutter in the morning? What does this mean these supps are doing? Raising T?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sopharma Tribestan and more recently Hi-Tech's Tribesterone are the two that have always worked well for me. When I say work well I see an increase in libido(and mine is total garbage 99% of the time) and the boys get bigger. I am on TRT so could care less about any test increase. I take minimum of 2 tabs twice a day of both of these and used to use 2 tabs x 3 daily during PCT's.

I have mega dosed cheaper stuff, even stuff claiming Bulgarian, and even at 6g/day they don't do anything close to the above two.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have always had great results using Purus Labs Recycle, which contains Tribulus Alatus Extract. I would usually take it during PCT at 6 caps a day combined with a serm. I also took it during a cruise to help with suppression and it worked well. There are a few studies to indicate it raises LH although they were rat studies. I would highly recommend that product though over any other test booster. It seems to regulate your hormones instead of just boosting test, and has good doses of I3C and quercetin. Just gets a bit pricey at 6 caps

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I got an email back from Toniiq which sells 95% saponins Tribulus. I asked them what % of the product contains protodioscin but the company rep said that it was not measured. Ah well, at least they were honest about it.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always had great results using Purus Labs Recycle, which contains Tribulus Alatus Extract. I would usually take it during PCT at 6 caps a day combined with a serm. I also took it during a cruise to help with suppression and it worked well. There are a few studies to indicate it raises LH although they were rat studies. I would highly recommend that product though over any other test booster. It seems to regulate your hormones instead of just boosting test, and has good doses of I3C and quercetin. Just gets a bit pricey at 6 caps
Tribulus Alatus is not the same as tribulus terrestris which is useless other than for libido. Tribulus Alatus might have greater benefits.

Recent studies have not been able to show any improvement in performance as a result of Tribulus terrestris. American researchers reported already eight years ago that if weight trainers are given the supplement, they do not get stronger or gain more muscle mass. Australian researchers who tested Tribulus terrestris on rugby players also found no positive effects on body composition or strength.