Transgender Bodybuilding!

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Even to the point of transgender people... why are they disgusting and abnormal when we don’t think the guy who pops unresearched SARMs down his throat with his twice-a-week test injections that come from a foreign country, followed by his ovulation pills, which he bought from a shady website, is disgusting or abnormal? If anything, I’d argue the former is MORE normal than the latter. The former feels trapped inside the wrong body and takes drastic / painful measures to change it to feel... normal. Yet, the latter is someone taking all of the same hormones, unnecessarily and often illegally, just bc he wants slightly bigger muscles. Normal I think not.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Even to the point of transgender people... why are they disgusting and abnormal when we don’t think the guy who pops unresearched SARMs down his throat with his twice-a-week test injections that come from a foreign country, followed by his ovulation pills, which he bought from a shady website, is disgusting or abnormal? If anything, I’d argue the former is MORE normal than the latter. The former feels trapped inside the wrong body and takes drastic / painful measures to change it to feel... normal. Yet, the latter is someone taking all of the same hormones, unnecessarily and often illegally, just bc he wants slightly bigger muscles. Normal I think not.
I definitely see your point about how pro-hormones and extreme bodybuilding aren't "normal" and this forum is a microcosm. Lots of people think steroids should be illegal and disagree with their use. But it is that persons body, so it's their choice, just like trans people. But when individuals do extreme things they garner extreme attention. If pro bodybuilders started a political movement to teach children that they can have the physique they want by using steroids and getting surgeries there would be a huge and rightful backlash. I also dont think we should teach children their sex is a choice as it isn't. How they choose to Express their gender is.. If a kid grows up and makes those decisions as an adult, that is their right.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Being gay and being a pedophile are two completely different things. There is no violation of a person's freedom and rights when people choose to have consensual sex. I dont wanna watch, but I've also never tripped over two dudes bangin, so it hasn't been an issue for me. What we should be teaching society is one thing, but individuals should still have their rights.
You are confusing pedophilia (a mental disorder) with child molestation (an act).

If it's "normal" (ie, not a mental disorder) to be gay then why isn't it normal to be a pedophile? Why is one a disorder of brain wiring while the other is not?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I'm fine to classify body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria as mental illnesses. Neither condition is "normal"

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
You are confusing pedophilia (a mental disorder) with child molestation (an act).

If it's "normal" (ie, not a mental disorder) to be gay then why isn't it normal to be a pedophile? Why is one a disorder of brain wiring while the other is not?
One has a victim, the other is consentual. Normal or not, kill the pedophile. The gay person has harmed no one. One is sexual preference, one is rape. As with trans stuff, they dont harm anyone either by taking hormones and getting surgery.It doesnt matter if either is "normal" or a disorder.

Last edited:
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One has a victim, the other is consentual. Normal or not, kill the pedophile. The gay person has harmed no one. One is sexual preference, one is rape. As with trans stuff, they dont harm anyone either by taking hormones and getting surgery.It doesnt matter if either is "normal" or a disorder. Is this really difficult to get?

Oh, and do you normally find yourself normalizing pedophilia, or just today?
I think what Spurfy was saying: Any PHILIA is a sexual preference, that may- or may be not considered a disorder/mental illness. That is not a crime in itself (thought crime), unless a necrophile, zoophile -or pedophile acts on his impulses. Nobody knows how many of those are sharing our space, as long as they don't act their preferences out.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I think what Spurfy was saying: Any PHILIA is a sexual preference, that may- or may be not considered a disorder/mental illness. That is not a crime in itself (thought crime), unless a necrophile, zoophile -or pedophile acts on his impulses. Nobody knows how many of those are sharing our space, as long as they don't act their preferences out.
Yes, exactly this. There is no victim of pedophilia, there is a victim of child molestation.

Thinking about or wanting to have sex with children, as reprehensible as we might feel this is, doesn't actually harm anyone. So, again I pose this question to you: If it's "normal" (ie, not a mental illness) to be gay or transgender, then it's why is it abnormal to be a pedophile?

Is it only abnormal because we find it disgusting?

Myself, and I would wager the majority of straight men and women, would find disgusting and unwatchable two naked men having sex. Are we disordered because we find this unnatural and disgusting, or are they disordered for engaging in an act that we find disgusting?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
One has a victim, the other is consentual. Normal or not, kill the pedophile. The gay person has harmed no one. One is sexual preference, one is rape. As with trans stuff, they dont harm anyone either by taking hormones and getting surgery.It doesnt matter if either is "normal" or a disorder.
I don't care what transgender people do, honestly. But when they tell me that I must accept their mental illness as "normal", well that's my line in the sand. I'm not going to pretend that a man with XY chromosomes, a penis and functioning testicles, and the ability to ejaculate live sperm, is a woman just because he looks like one because of drugs and/or surgery and tells us that's what he is.I also refuse to accept that a woman with XX chromosomes, who has a uterus and ovaries, and who can become pregnant, but who has taken androgens and had a mastectomy, is a man. That is nonsensical.

There's a difference between tolerance and delusion.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't care what transgender people do, honestly. But when they tell me that I must accept their mental illness as "normal", well that's my line in the sand. I'm not going to pretend that a man with XY chromosomes, a penis and functioning testicles, and the ability to ejaculate live sperm, is a woman just because he looks like one because of drugs and/or surgery and tells us that's what he is.I also refuse to accept that a woman with XX chromosomes, who has a uterus and ovaries, and who can become pregnant, but who has taken androgens and had a mastectomy, is a man. That is nonsensical.

I have to agree. Schizophrenic people think the TV can talk to them but obviously thats not reality, thats their mental state of being. Telling a schizophrenic person that the TV does indeed talk is wrong. Being truthful with someone is compassion. If a 5 foot Chinese woman told me she thought she was a 7 foot black man, you'd tell her no you're a 5 foot Chinese woman because its the truth. Im not being ignorant, its just the truth. We can't/shouldn't manipulate reality based on how someone feels.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The discussion in this thread is like 1 million times more civil than the same discussion on Twitter

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a huge difference besides the fact that transgender isn't called a mental disorder anymore, I'm not sure you guys are updated with that. people that are pedophiles are almost always abused as kids and transgenders can have a normal life until they're 70. You're not a pedophile as a kid and I know this sounds silly but my point is that theres always a reason they end up there as adults, some studies even suggested lower iq, abuse as mentioned, seeing obscure things as a kid, being unrecognized by the other gender while having a mental disorder. Psychopaths are a prime example of people who can have a normal live or they can be serial killers without remorse.

Transgender people are just feeling unlucky they're born the wrong way. If you think logically it's not that strange considering we're humans and rather than using instincts we think, we decide what we want to do, and we do it.

There was a time being gay was a disease and science established that wasn't the case, now most transgenders are gay and there's probably some correlation there. If you want to believe they're born with a more feminine gene fine I can buy that but to say that pedophiles are like transgenders is at absolute best redicilous.

If you get kicked by your mother your whole childhood you might end up hating women, being born a psychopath might make you kill them without any remorse. Being raped by your dad won't turn you gay but it might turn you in to a pedophile, having your mom dress you like a girl wont turn you in to a transgender.

NOT THE SAME

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
There's a huge difference besides the fact that transgender isn't called a mental disorder anymore, I'm not sure you guys are updated with that. people that are pedophiles are almost always abused as kids and transgenders can have a normal life until they're 70. You're not a pedophile as a kid and I know this sounds silly but my point is that theres always a reason they end up there as adults, some studies even suggested lower iq, abuse as mentioned, seeing obscure things as a kid, being unrecognized by the other gender while having a mental disorder. Psychopaths are a prime example of people who can have a normal live or they can be serial killers without remorse.

Transgender people are just feeling unlucky they're born the wrong way. If you think logically it's not that strange considering we're humans and rather than using instincts we think, we decide what we want to do, and we do it.

There was a time being gay was a disease and science established that wasn't the case, now most transgenders are gay and there's probably some correlation there. If you want to believe they're born with a more feminine gene fine I can buy that but to say that pedophiles are like transgenders is at absolute best redicilous.

If you get kicked by your mother your whole childhood you might end up hating women, being born a psychopath might make you kill them without any remorse. Being raped by your dad won't turn you gay but it might turn you in to a pedophile, having your mom dress you like a girl wont turn you in to a transgender.

NOT THE SAME
Do you ever bother to research the statistical claims you make? No, why do that when you already know everything!

“In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11501300/

Gay adults are more than 6x as likely to have been molested by the same sex versus straight adults.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you ever bother to research the statistical claims you make? No, why do that when you already know everything!

“In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants, gay men and lesbian women reported a significantly higher rate of childhood molestation than did heterosexual men and women. Forty-six percent of the homosexual men in contrast to 7% of the heterosexual men reported homosexual molestation.”

Gay adults are more than 6x as likely to have been molested by the same sex versus straight adults.
So you don't think gay people are born gay? Is this 1928 calling? I never said either or are more molested I said it doesn't turn you gay. Looking at a statistic like that is as valid as the statistic of women being molested. It's way higher than men but how many men do you think would call a women touching their butt molestation?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you don't think gay people are born gay? Is this 1928 calling?
Go reread my post. I was talking about Transgender people not gay people.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me gay people are just people who like making different choices. And I'm ok with that. If you want to take it up the butt go ahead. We all have the right to the pursuit of happiness. If taking it in the butt makes you happy, go for it, its your right.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Theres also a quite easy explanation to that. As you can see the lesbians are less molested than gay men which is the opposite of what we see normally. A gay man can be molested by gay guys and women. Women don't molest very often and therefore you have probably the same statistic as you would with heterosexual women except some of these lesbians are so obviously lesbian that men stay away.

Molestation doesn't mean you got molested as a kid either.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me gay people are just people who like making different choices. And I'm ok with that. If you want to take it up the butt go ahead. We all have the right to the pursuit of happiness. If taking it in the butt makes you happy, go for it, its your right.
Yeah I'm sure some people just wake up, I'm gay today!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it make a difference if people are born gay or chose to be? If so, why (besides religious indoctrination)?
I think most are born that way, not because of studies -but because of observations of animals.
Childhood molestation, as a cause, does not convince me either.
Gay sheep were not sexually molested by their parents, right?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Transgender should be tolerated, child molestation shouldn't. Dont put people in a category with people who want to rape children just cuz you think they are weird. That's wrong. That's all I'm sayin.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Yes, exactly this. There is no victim of pedophilia, there is a victim of child molestation.

Thinking about or wanting to have sex with children, as reprehensible as we might feel this is, doesn't actually harm anyone. So, again I pose this question to you: If it's "normal" (ie, not a mental illness) to be gay or transgender, then it's why is it abnormal to be a pedophile?

Is it only abnormal because we find it disgusting?

Myself, and I would wager the majority of straight men and women, would find disgusting and unwatchable two naked men having sex. Are we disordered because we find this unnatural and disgusting, or are they disordered for engaging in an act that we find disgusting?
As I already explained, pedophilia is a rape preference. You are also officially using intellect to normalize pedophilia online in my opinion.

I'm sorry that you cant understand the difference between someone who wants to have sex with a consenting adult vs someone who wants to have sex with a child. Look at what you are saying. Enjoy defending your right to fantasize about sex with children.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Many people choose homosexuality from a non traumatic backround. Almost noone chooses pedophilia without sexual trauma.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me add this. How many of you guys here have been molested as an adult?

Every single one of you. Nobody cares if a woman touches your butt, heck I even had a gay guy touch my butt in Spain. Being molested as a kid is different, being raped is a totally different ballpark.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Transgender should be tolerated, child molestation shouldn't. Dont put people in a category with people who want to rape children just cuz you think they are weird. That's wrong. That's all I'm sayin.
Pedophilia is not child molestation. Why are you so dense?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
Pedophilia is not child molestation. Why are you so dense?
It is fantasising about molesting children. You keep normalizing and defending it...its actually really getting creepy...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me add this. How many of you guys here have been molested as an adult?

Every single one of you. Nobody cares if a woman touches your butt, heck I even had a gay guy touch my butt in Spain. Being molested as a kid is different, being raped is a totally different ballpark.
wtf I do mind if a woman or man touches my butt

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nobody, I hope, is defending pedophiles.
Fasted , Spurfy is arguing from a scientific/realistic standpoint. Your thinking is clouded by emotions, IMHO.
I take zoophilia as an example to not trigger a too strong emotional response:

A dude who is fantasizing fugging a miniature pinscher is not doing harm -nor is he a criminal. Do you agree?
A dude who actually fuggs the miniature pinscher is a criminal.

I despise paedo- and other philes as much as the majority -but we can't make it a thought crime. Correct?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wtf I do mind if a woman or man touches my butt
Well you're the first. What I'm saying is this... If guys are at a club and a woman touches their butt which literally almost never happens they're not gonna call the police or have the woman thrown out.

Women surely gets more raped and molested and its true some things never gets talked about, there's also a ton of false accusations towards men.

When a woman touches a man it Never gets talked about because men got nothing to fear, we don't get raped by women and we're not seen as sexual objects as often.

The point I'm making is that these statistics are the most flawed statistics that exist. A good amount of the women getting molested are put under the rug and another good amount are false accusations. the men never ever talks about it and I'd have to actually think twice before I realized I've been molested because I cared that little. It doesn't justify anyone doing it, it's just that it never affected me in a way that I would consider it being a molestation and I think the majority of the guys would agree.. Had I been a women I'd probably be more offended due to it happening on a more regular basis, or if I was a kid when it happened I'd for sure be upset.

I mean what do I have to fear from a little girl touching my butt in my 20s when clubbing?.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fasted , Spurfy is arguing from a scientific/realistic standpoint. Your thinking is clouded by emotions, IMHO.

A dude who is fantasizing fugging a miniature pinscher is not doing harm -nor is he a criminal. Do you agree?

I despise paedo- and other philes as much as the majority -but we can't make it a thought crime. Correct?
Agree but the thing is that these people often never had a girlfriend in their life and they turn to things that are in their reach. There's a guy that's in love with his car on YouTube. Gay people don't turn gay because they don't have a women.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree but the thing is that these people often never had a girlfriend in their life and they turn to things that are in their reach. There's a guy that's in love with his car on YouTube. Gay people don't turn gay because they don't have a women.
I disagree. Often is the father the pedo -and he obviously had sex with a women first. Any "philia" is a sexual preference. You can be attracted to slim women -but fugg a fat one.

Gay people don't turn gay because they don't have a women.
That's why homosexuality isn't a "philia". Its not a preference but an exclusive orientation.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Your buddy spurfy is equating sexual preference for an adult of the same sex to sexual preference for children. He is trying to say that all sexual preference is equal. doesnt seem to see that one is a preference for unconsentual sex, rape. The other is perfectly acceptable in a civil society whether people agree with it or not.

No, we cant make it a thought crime. But we should be making it clear that if you think those thoughts are ok you have huge issues. Gay thoughts are not a problem, nor an urge to rape people.

Do you think people who prefer sex with children should be categorized with people who like the same sex adults? Do you think its a good thing to fight for peoples right to think about sex with kids?

Spurfy shouldnt go to jail, but he sure as hell gunna be thought of as a creepy pedophile rationalizer IMO unless he can learn to differentiate between these concepts.

As far as being emotional, im sorry for anyone who the concept of pedophilia DOESN'T upset. THAT is abnormal. I notice you pointed out that you despise pedophiles, meaning they upset you. Spurfy has not made any such claim. He has been too busy defending them. Thats really creepy.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
It is fantasising about molesting children. You keep normalizing and defending it...its actually really getting creepy...
I'm defending nothing. I think I was pretty clear in stating that pedophilia, homosexuality, and gender dysphoria, are all mental illnesses.

Fantasizing about molesting children is a mental illness -- we're not wired to do this because children cannot reproduce. This is no different that homosexuality, where someone is wired to be attracted to the those who they cannot reproduce with.

The purpose of the human sexual instinct is reproduction. That the act itself is pleasurable does not in any way minimize the fact that its sole purpose from a biological standpoint is reproduction.

I don't care if pedophiles want to fantasize about molesting children as long as they don't act on this, just like I don't care if people fantasize about murdering their ex-girlfriend, nor do I care if people engage in homosexual acts, nor do I care if people want to pretend that they are a sex other than what they biologically are.

However, I do not and will never agree to any statement that claims these are not mental disorders. The fact that something is socially acceptable does not change basic biology.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your buddy spurfy is equating sexual preference for an adult of the same sex to sexual preference for children. He is trying to say that all sexual preference is equal. doesnt seem to see that one is a preference for unconsentual sex, rape. The other is perfectly acceptable in a civil society whether people agree with it or not.

No, we cant make it a thought crime. But we should be making it clear that if you think those thoughts are ok you have huge issues. Gay thoughts are not a problem, nor an urge to rape people.

Do you think people who prefer sex with children should be categorized with people who like the same sex adults? Do you think its a good thing to fight for peoples right to think about sex with kids?

Spurfy shouldnt go to jail, but he sure as hell gunna be thought of as a creepy pedophile rationalizer IMO unless he can learn to differentiate between these concepts.

As far as being emotional, im sorry for anyone who the concept of pedophilia DOESN'T upset. THAT is abnormal. I notice you pointed out that you despise pedophiles, meaning they upset you. Spurfy has not made any such claim. He has been too busy defending them. Thats really creepy.
I defend reason, not spurfy.

I understand and agree with your standpoint -but its an emotional one. We can't do anything to make a pedo not thinking about children. Also the pedo can't do anything to not think about children, correct? So nobody can do anything. What do you think should be done, besides punishing child molesters?

Even so its not great to have pedos in society, we can't do a thing about it -and as long as they don't touch a child, its "okay" (so to speak).

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm defending nothing. I think I was pretty clear in stating that pedophilia, homosexuality, and gender dysphoria, are all mental illnesses.

Fantasizing about molesting children is a mental illness -- we're not wired to do this because children cannot reproduce. This is no different that homosexuality, where someone is wired to be attracted to the those who they cannot reproduce with.

The purpose of the human sexual instinct is reproduction. That the act itself is pleasurable does not in any way minimize the fact that its sole purpose from a biological standpoint is reproduction.

I don't care if pedophiles want to fantasize about molesting children as long as they don't act on this, just like I don't care if people fantasize about murdering their ex-girlfriend, nor do I care if people engage in homosexual acts, nor do I care if people want to pretend that they are a sex other than what they biologically are.

However, I do not and will never agree to any statement that claims these are not mental disorders. The fact that something is socially acceptable does not change basic biology.
Just because the purpose of sexual instinct may very well in fact be driven to entice us to reproduce, it does not mean that people who choose to engage in the behavior with no means of reproducing is a mental illness. If a woman is infertile I'm still gonna bone her, I know I may never reproduce having sex with that woman but it wont stop me from getting my nut on.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
The moment we start allowing emotion to lead us in these discussions is the moment these discussions become pointless. This discussion has become emotionally charged and we're straying from fact.

I despise paedo- and other philes as much as the majority -but we can't make it a thught crime. Correct?
This is exactly it. Why is it so hard to grasp this concept?

I am a father to a young child and I absolutely despise pedophiles. I would enjoy personally executing child molesters without any guilt or hesitation and would volunteer for such if the laws supported this -- I'm completely serious. But a pedophile who recognizes that it is morally wrong to harm a child and does not act on these urges should be commended and not shunned. No one chooses to be a pedophile, this is a neurological disease. The fact that a person is a pedophile does not in and of itself make them an evil person.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
I defend reason, not spurfy.

I understand and agree with your standpoint -but its an emotional one. We can't do anything to make a pedo not thinking about children. Also the pedo can't do anything to not think about children, correct? So nobody can do anything. What do you think should be done, besides punishing child molesters?

Even so its not great to have pedos in society, we can't do a thing about it -and as long as they don't touch a child, its "okay" (so to speak).
Sorry if i falsely aligned you. You have articulated things in a well thought out manner. While i know ive shown some emotion, i dont think it has interfered with the logic of my argument, but probably doesnt make me endearing.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
No. This is your misinterpretation because you're letting emotion cloud your reasoning ability.

You still have yet to defend your contention that homosexuality is not a mental illness. You've offered nothing but strawman arguments and appeal to emotions.

This is an absurd argument. Mental illness exists on a wide spectrum. Pedophilia is a mental illness, so is bipolar disorder, so is generalized anxiety disorder, so is antisocial personality disorder. You're arguing that because pedophilia is disgusting and reprehensible (which it is), that somehow other mental illnesses are not actually mental illnesses because they don't promote disgust in you. That's nonsense.

Do you even have children? I do, and I pray to God every single day for their safety and protection. If someone ever harmed them then that person would die slowly by my hands, assuming they were not in jail.

You are triggered and I'm assuming you were molested as a child. Okay, so was I. Still, I don't let that fact control my ability to reason or engage in critical thinking.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Many people choose homosexuality from a non traumatic backround. Almost noone chooses pedophilia without sexual trauma.
Homosexuals are more than 6x as likely to have been molested as a child by a member of the same sex. This is a *fact* established by a study that was statistically significant. That number is far too high to be a coincidence.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Just because the purpose of sexual instinct may very well in fact be driven to entice us to reproduce, it does not mean that people who choose to engage in the behavior with no means of reproducing is a mental illness. If a woman is infertile I'm still gonna bone her, I know I may never reproduce having sex with that woman but it wont stop me from getting my nut on.
The biological drive is to reproduce. Any sexual interest which is outside the scope of this is abnormal. That a woman is infertile does not change the biological instinct to want to mate with her. Your brain wiring and DNA aren't going to change just because you find out someone you are sexually attracted to cannot reproduce. This is an absurd argument.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And 99% of things people do in 2019 isn’t unnatural? I hope you don’t take any anabolics or you’d be a massive hypocrite. You say “God creates humans to be a certain way,” and “God have us the way we are for a reason.” This should then logically mean that you don’t wear glasses, or take any medications for anything chronic either, as those would be saying that what God gave you wasn’t enough for you.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
And 99% of things people do in 2019 isn’t unnatural? I hope you don’t take any anabolics or you’d be a massive hypocrite. You say “God creates humans to be a certain way,” and “God have us the way we are for a reason.” This should then logically mean that you don’t wear glasses, or take any medications for anything chronic either, as those would be saying that what God gave you wasn’t enough for you.
Um, I'm discussing evolutionary biology and behavioral neuroscience, not religion. Try and keep up...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Um, I'm discussing evolutionary biology and behavioral neuroscience, not religion. Try and keep up...
I was quoting someone else and I lost the original post I quoted. My bad, it was not addressed towards you...

But on this topic, I agree that homosexuality is obviously not optimal or desirable from an evolutionary perspective, but is everything that is contrary to our evolutionary biology an actual “mental disorder?” Hell, I can think of any number of mundane and benign things that could be considered mental disorders.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The biological drive is to reproduce. Any sexual interest which is outside the scope of this is abnormal. That a woman is infertile does not change the biological instinct to want to mate with her. Your brain wiring and DNA aren't going to change just because you find out someone you are sexually attracted to cannot reproduce. This is an absurd argument.
Abnormal does not inherently constitute an actual mental disorder. Hell, wouldn’t getting a vasectomy if we have no children be entirely contrary to our evolutionary biology? Is that a mental disorder?

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

You are triggered and I'm assuming you were molested as a child. Okay, so was I. Still, I don't let that fact control my ability to reason or engage in critical thinking.
I sorry about your experience. You do not deserve to go to jail if you did not continue the cycle. As a matter of fact, if you stopped the cycle if abuse you are a hero. What happened to you blurred the lines of consent that a non traumatic upbringing would have put in place. That is not your fault. I apologize and admit to my emotion, but you need help. You are on the internet saying its ok to think about sex with children. It isnt. You shouldnt be in jail, but you need to know those thoughts are not okay.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Abnormal does not inherently constitute an actual mental disorder. Hell, wouldn’t getting a vasectomy if we have no children be entirely contrary to our evolutionary biology? Is that a mental disorder?
It's a mental disorder disorder if a person is attracted to a group of persons that they cannot possibly reproduce with. That is all. These other hypotheticals are meaningless -- I've already stated my beliefs.