Topic of the Week: The Single Best Supplement You've Taken

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got a bunch of other crap. Again, $3 a bottle. There’s more just what I could fit in pic
View attachment 191657
Incredible supplement store from yesteryear that you found! If you plan on going back, please see if the gentleman has any of the original Gaspari Plasmajet, or Aspire 36. This place sounds amazing.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Incredible supplement store from yesteryear that you found! If you plan on going back, please see if the gentleman has any of the original Gaspari Plasmajet, or Aspire 36. This place sounds amazing.
I remember Aspire36 very well lol. I didn’t see that.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big fan of both of these as well!

pcf

Awards
ULTIMATE ORANGE!!! Hands down the best pre workout ever.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going back to 1985....

AST Dymetadrine 25/ephedrine hcl, OG Hot Stuff, Sportpharma's Thermadrene, AST's GABA, Ultimate Orange, Tribestan (Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris)Atletika's Retibol, ZOE Discoveries Zebutol and Hexandrolone, 4-diol cyp, methyl-1-test (fastest gains ever but horrible on your liver, lipids etc), Syntrax Adipokinetix (with nor-ephedrine), OG Craze, OG Met-Rx Base and Plus canisters, Dymetadrine Extreme w/ephedra alkaloids, Usnic Acid, Cissus Quadrangularis, Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract, DMAA, Phenibut, Kratom, Mass Pro Synthagen. Probably forgot some, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. With almost all of them, you took some and then you immediately felt them working!!

I got to use Slim Xtreme but not Stimulant X. BigGame84 you are a lucky man, wish I had just one bottle - or even some capsules. If you're interested in trading I have quite a few things you may be interested in - including unopened bulk DMAA and an almost full bottle of OG Craze (I took just one scoop to test it, as lab assays of various Craze batches showed everything from very high levels of the designer stim they were using, down to none).

It's def the one with "super Dendrobium", and lots of it :)

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Going back to 1985....

AST Dymetadrine 25/ephedrine hcl, OG Hot Stuff, Sportpharma's Thermadrene, AST's GABA, Ultimate Orange, Tribestan (Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris)Atletika's Retibol, ZOE Discoveries Zebutol and Hexandrolone, 4-diol cyp, methyl-1-test (fastest gains ever but horrible on your liver, lipids etc), Syntrax Adipokinetix (with nor-ephedrine), OG Craze, OG Met-Rx Base and Plus canisters, Dymetadrine Extreme w/ephedra alkaloids, Usnic Acid, Cissus Quadrangularis, Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract, DMAA, Phenibut, Kratom, Mass Pro Synthagen. Probably forgot some, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. With almost all of them, you took some and then you immediately felt them working!!

I got to use Slim Xtreme but not Stimulant X. BigGame84 you are a lucky man, wish I had just one bottle - or even some capsules. If you're interested in trading I have quite a few things you may be interested in - including unopened bulk DMAA and an almost full bottle of OG Craze (I took just one scoop to test it, as lab assays of various Craze batches showed everything from very high levels of the designer stim they were using, down to none).

It's def the one with "super Dendrobium", and lots of it :)
That’s quite the list! I have to agree with many of them. You truly missed out on the best of the best with Stimulant-X though :cool:

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s quite the list! I have to agree with many of them. You truly missed out on the best of the best with Stimulant-X though :cool:
Man, what I'd give for just 10 capsules.

Was it ever commercially/available for sale to the general public? The story I heard was that there were samples given away that year at the Olympia, and those were absolutely mind blowing. I do recall them selling a Stimulant X alongside SlimXtreme, but it really wasn't anything special. Or at least, it didn't have the rave reviews for the Stim X samples given out at the Olympia...

EDIT: Honorable mention to my master list goes to Amino Discounters "Mesobolin" (circa, 1992) and later, "Anabolica" by Maxwell Research. Both were laxogenin related products, and were fantastic anti-inflammatories/recovery agents. The former owner of Beyond-A-Century (now defunct) once told me he sold "caseloads" to lupus patients...

You can see here the original ZOE Discoveries Zebutol (Suma sterol extract), as well as ZOE's lesser known "Ecdysterone" product, which like Anabolica was Laxogenin, both being in sublingual tabs). Despite the seemingly low dosage, both products worked exceptionally well..
Laxogenin II.jpg

Last edited:
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude I loved the old USP stuff, AP, Prime, Powerfull and recreate were all good.
I got a couple recreate and just noticed I have two different versions. I’m not sure which one is better. Probably the older version I’d just assume.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Believe it or not, the original Follidrone.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I went back today and grabbed more stuff. I was able to find another bottle of Stimulant-X along with some other goodies. Not sure how some of these supps were back in the day but they were like $3 a piece so why not lol
View attachment 191854
Haha nice .. where are u from in states ? and what store is this lol

Hit me up if ever wanna trade for new non expire stuff lol

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I went back today and grabbed more stuff. I was able to find another bottle of Stimulant-X along with some other goodies. Not sure how some of these supps were back in the day but they were like $3 a piece so why not lol
View attachment 191854
How much you want for that PlasmaJet!?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 191854
How much you want for that PlasmaJet!?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 191854
Just buy all the remaining stock of their stuff at $3 a pop. Or send me a list of what they have and I'll gladly take them all off your hands.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys have you considered that companies buy old bottles of famous supps, cap some rice flour, and then reseal them and sell them heavily discounted. Even if the sell then for 3 bucks they still will make a 2 dollar profit and it gets people in the door to buy more expensive stuff.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys have you considered that companies buy old bottles of famous supps, cap some rice flour, and then reseal them and sell them heavily discounted. Even if the sell then for 3 bucks they still will make a 2 dollar profit and it gets people in the door to buy more expensive stuff.
Ok so you kind of make a good point. In my case, this place has been in business for over 20 years and the owner just happened to be a pack rat. I know my supps are legit.

BUT I’ve been burned before by what you say. Years ago I bought bottles of what I thought were legit Cel P-Plex at like $50. It was from some website, I want to say Steelhorse? Or something like that. The bottles had no lot number on them and I believe they were indeed fake. The website later closed down. I never did anything with the bottles. Just stored them away someplace and forgot about them knowing they were most likely fake. So it can happen and I think items like ph’s that are old (think 1-AD and CEL) can be faked.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That 2 dollar profit/bottle you’re speaking of dwindles pretty quickly when you consider all the other fixed and variable costs of running a business.

Plus that seems like a ton of work to make such little money.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That 2 dollar profit/bottle you’re speaking of dwindles pretty quickly when you consider all the other fixed and variable costs of running a business.

Right. That’s why it makes more sense faking old school bottles of CEL ph’s for $75 plus a pop. This has happened in the past.

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 191854
There’s the Plasmajet! Man, kudos again, on this incredible supplement store from yesteryear find.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I had no clue what that Syntrax supplement was and I had to look it up. It's actually tiratricol. Syntrax must have been a dirty brand back in the day. The bottle might be 15-20 years old.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, I did see the old Ergopharm GF Pro protein. They had Green Apple and Orange Cream on the shelf. I can't imagine that would be safe to digest lol

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It's not about the money they make on THAT supplement

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I had no clue what that Syntrax supplement was and I had to look it up. It's actually tiratricol. Syntrax must have been a dirty brand back in the day. The bottle might be 15-20 years old.
Be careful on that Triax...

The original Triax was an active thyroid hormone, very effective for fat loss but also (like all thyroid), catabolic to muscle if you use too much. Triax II (which I think is what's pictured) was just Gugglesterones if memory serves.

Which isn't a bad supp per se, but its most certainly not like the original.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember Aspire36 very well lol. I didn’t see that.
BigGame84, have you used the Stim X yet?

Curious to know what bottle gave you what effect. Also, the labels I'm reading don't show Aneurin DBE but rather, a mish mash of stuff inclusive of Thiamine Disulfide derivatives. Not a bad ingredient, but most certainly not what was found later on in lab tests... :)

Also, the label on the right lists 2-Amino-4-Methylhexane. This is just one of many chemical names for DMAA, which came years after the original Stim X was introduced. In any case, I'm really curious to know what each product was dosed at, feels like etc..

Seeing pictures of said products plus Ergo's AMP, GF Pro etc. is painful, LOL. But I'm happy for you and hope at least some of your stash is good. These were fun times!

Last edited:
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Curious to know what bottle gave you what effect. Also, the labels I'm reading don't show Aneurin DBE but rather, a mish mash of stuff inclusive of Thiamine Disulfide derivatives. Not a bad ingredient, but most certainly not what was found later on in lab tests... :)
No, not yet. Not in a hurry to try but when I do, I'll post my experience. If I don't like it, I'll post it up for sale.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Also, the label on the right lists 2-Amino-4-Methylhexane. This is just one of many chemical names for DMAA, which came years after the original Stim X was introduced. In any case, I'm really curious to know what each product was dosed at, feels like etc..

Seeing pictures of said products plus Ergo's AMP, GF Pro etc. is painful, LOL. But I'm happy for you and hope at least some of your stash is good. These were fun times!
Ok, so maybe I don't have the OG version that everybody said was GOAT? Aneurin DBE is not listed on my ingredient panel.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So Thiamine disulfide butyrate ester looks to be Aneurin DBE so I do have it. I was confused as I thought the label should say Aneurin DBE but it is just listed as Thiamine disulfide butyrate ester.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So Thiamine disulfide butyrate ester looks to be Aneurin DBE so I do have it. I was confused as I thought the label should say Aneurin DBE but it is just listed as Thiamine disulfide butyrate ester.
Well, don't lose hope just yet. Slipping in the magic mystery designer stim that DOESN'T appear on the label is still a possibility. It sounds though like this was the rebound formula, used after the designer stim got exposed. Thiamine Disulfide BE has a long lasting tail on it, as does the type of caffeine they're using. It should give a clear, long lasting focus type energy vs. a heavy CNS hitter, like ephedrine.

Either way, if I were you... I'd be excited :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, don't lose hope just yet. Slipping in the magic mystery designer stim that DOESN'T appear on the label is still a possibility. It sounds though like this was the rebound formula, used after the designer stim got exposed. Thiamine Disulfide BE has a long lasting tail on it, as does the type of caffeine they're using. It should give a clear, long lasting focus type energy vs. a heavy CNS hitter, like ephedrine.

Either way, if I were you... I'd be excited :)
Was there a different formula previous to what I have? I'm looking at old logs from 2006 on other sites and my formula looks to be the OG, unless I am mistaken.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Was there a different formula previous to what I have? I'm looking at old logs from 2006 on other sites and my formula looks to be the OG, unless I am mistaken.
The blue bottle you have with the Green Coffee Bean, Thiamine Disulfide, and Geranium oil is the one for sure. :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The blue bottle you have with the Green Coffee Bean, Thiamine Disulfide, and Geranium oil is the one for sure. :)
Did you ever try Rampage by Anabolic Xtreme? They had a bottle of that also but I didn't get it.

Side note: I found 3 bottles of OG Gaspari Novedex XT. Got to the register and the owner wouldn't let me have it. Said it was too old lol In other words, I know what this is and I will be re-selling it. But thanks for finding it. Whatever, nothing I could do about it. He didn't care about the other stuff I got.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do recall the blue bottle as being legit. Don't recall seeing Thiamine Disulfide in there, but that might be because I'm confusing it with Slim Xtreme. Either way, very excited to see what you get out of it. Hopefully, it's the genuine article. In which case, I'm hoping you'll trade (for at least a few capsules).

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did you ever try Rampage by Anabolic Xtreme? They had a bottle of that also but I didn't get it.

Side note: I found 3 bottles of OG Gaspari Novedex XT. Got to the register and the owner wouldn't let me have it. Said it was too old lol In other words, I know what this is and I will be re-selling it. But thanks for finding it. Whatever, nothing I could do about it. He didn't care about the other stuff I got.
No, I never tried Rampage
I do recall the blue bottle as being legit. Don't recall seeing Thiamine Disulfide in there, but that might be because I'm confusing it with Slim Xtreme. Either way, very excited to see what you get out of it. Hopefully, it's the genuine article. In which case, I'm hoping you'll trade (for at least a few capsules).
BigGame has a picture of the ingredient panel from the blue bottle (the one on the left) on page 5 of this thread. I think you meant to quote him about the trade or trying some capsules.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any 😁

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BigGame has a picture of the ingredient panel from the blue bottle (the one on the left) on page 5 of this thread. I think you meant to quote him about the trade or trying some capsules.

OK well, I appreciate you clarifying nonetheless. It's probably just another case of "you want what you don't have", LOL.

Ugh :(

Thanks for responding though. I look forward to your feedback on what you do have!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
The original Phosphagain in the big tins that you had to use a can opener to get to. First used it in Japan while I was stationed there. We didn't have much access to many supplements, but we had this along with Ultimate Orange, Ripped Fuel, and some Zoe products. Some guy and this female bodybuilder Erica Kern came and did a seminar for us and he was pushing the Zoe stuff. Jimmy "Ironbull" Pelechia also came and stayed nearly a week with us and it was awesome training with him. Great guy and a blast to me around. He was in the Marine Corps back in the 70's.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't remember the name of the supplement at the moment but word was it was spiked with methyltestosterone.
"HOT STUFF" 1990

No wonder I blew the F up..

Last edited:

01tj

Awards
Probably creatine but I can remember the first concentrated preworkout I used called Ultimate Orange. That stuff got me pretty wound up but also cost me a lot of sleep.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't remember the name of the supplement at the moment but word was it was spiked with methyltestosterone.
"HOT STUFF" 1990

No wonder I blew the F up..

Hot Stuff was legendary! I never got to use it because I was 13 and my mom wouldn't buy it for me haha.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hot Stuff was legendary! I never got to use it because I was 13 and my mom wouldn't buy it for me haha.
As I recall. It tasted horrible; didn't mix well at all, but I felt like a steam roller in the gym. I was taking all kinds of stuff back then as well, so I wasn't sure what did it, until later. I was drinking this thick black goo called Amino Cola. you couldn't dilute that sh*t enough to get passed the gag reflex... Amino Caps, and eating like 3 people. That didn't come out right. I ate enough food for three people. Something like that. :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does anyone remember years ago, like 12-15 years or maybe more. Mhp came out with a product that was called sarm or sarm-x. it was the first time I ever saw anything about selective androgen receptor modulators. I bought it and noticed nothing but what I'm getting at is does anyone know what the heck it actually was?

Judge Smails

Awards
Hot Stuff was amazing. I thought it tasted pretty good but it didn't mix well. Whatever it was spiked with was awesome. After 3 days you gained 10 pounds of muscle and lost 5 pounds of fat and were bench pressing Ford Pintos.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Re: Hott Stuff.. I think it was the texture that wasn't so great, maybe not the flavor. It's been a while. haha.

johnvonjones

Awards
Other than creatine, I've only had luck with fat burners. Syntrax's original Adipo-kinetix. I believe it had usnic acid in it. I lost like 25lbs over 6 weeks. And AST Research's original Dymetadrine Xtreme and Twinlab's original Ripped Fuel. Both had the ECA stack in it. The good ol' days.
Is there anything today that comes close?