10 x 30
10 x 40
8 x 50 + 8 x 40

DB Tricep extension
10 x 20
10 x 25
10 x 30

notes
date night! no time for conditioning. Been trying this new pre-workout. No stim added so I can't totally tell if I like it or not yet.. https://redcon1.com/products/redcon1-big-noise-pump-formula

weight
Great first session post your fishing trip, particularly the OHPs. Looks like you’re about ready to press 185 lbs. Solid.

Also looks like your weight is already back down. I’m nipping at your heels at 172.8 lbs.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great first session post your fishing trip, particularly the OHPs. Looks like you’re about ready to press 185 lbs. Solid.

Also looks like your weight is already back down. I’m nipping at your heels at 172.8 lbs.
Thanks man!
I'm *almost* as lean as I want to be before I start being a responsible adult and adding more protein into my diet. I think because of my lifestyle I need to start keeping protein in my truck so that it's available to me post workout, or whenever... After that session I met my wife for a picnic date night. (more bourbon) she had made us dinner which was GREAT for cutting, just a nice salad, but I probably should be doubling my protein at this point...

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man!
I'm *almost* as lean as I want to be before I start being a responsible adult and adding more protein into my diet. I think because of my lifestyle I need to start keeping protein in my truck so that it's available to me post workout, or whenever... After that session I met my wife for a picnic date night. (more bourbon) she had made us dinner which was GREAT for cutting, just a nice salad, but I probably should be doubling my protein at this point...
Sounds good. Sweet date. Bourbon, yum!

Doesn’t look like you need to lean down anymore to me based on your pic from the fishing trip. Looking good.

Protein on the go is a great idea. Because bars tend to chew up my teeth, and bc they tend to have a lot of saturated fat, I buy prepackaged protein shakes from Costco. I like Orgain brand chocolate (not the vegan one!) the best. On sale now for $18.99 for 18 of them, 20 grams of protein with a couple carbs. Taste great (palatable at room temp) and very easy to down — sweetened with Truvia and around 10 ounces. This Is the only way I can down enough protein given my hunger challenges during the day. But I still need to acclimate to eating more to build quality strength!

I’ve managed to gain 3.2 lbs over recent weeks (173.2 now), but that’s a little disappointing given that I’m taking creatine. I use to gain 5-7 lbs after a couple weeks, but not this time!

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ah that's my brother in green in the walleye picture, the one with me and my boy holding the sturgeon is a few years ago and about where I am trying to get again lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will log full workout tomorrow.
Bumped set one of big but boring up a few lbs and reps for you @jinxie
Screenshot_20210715-171009.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Holy rage machine batman! My supplement stack or my nutrition or something is hitting me exactly right. I am tearing this gym apart. I wonder if this is what it feels like to juice

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Holy rage machine batman! My supplement stack or my nutrition or something is hitting me exactly right. I am tearing this gym apart. I wonder if this is what it feels like to juice
They’re you go for some competition. But you creamed me. I’m using a hex bar. Dick!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Will log full workout tomorrow.
Bumped set one of big but boring up a few lbs and reps for you @jinxie View attachment 206794
Nice job brother. Hopefully that’ll put the kabash to all this bitching about being too plump and needing motivation!🤣

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Scored big on that trip!
Dude! it was fantastic. this was my third time taking my boy here and probably my 6th trip to Mar Don myself. I think my brother and I finally got it dialed. We knew where to go, what lures to use, everything. The kids caught a ton of fish and the sun was hot all weekend it was great!

They’re you go for some competition. But you creamed me. I’m using a hex bar. Dick!
I KNEW you'd say that lol. But picking up 295 off the ground is picking up 295 off the ground as far as I'm concerned. the only way I'd discredit your pulls were if they were rack pulls. in which case you better be flirting with 450-500 there already lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Deads
5 x 135
5 x 185
3 x 195
3 x 230
3 x 265
17 x 300 (RX for AMRAP was 295 but needed that 5lbs for reasons... )

BBB
21 x 225 (just cause)
4 x 10 x 165

Death by Power cleans
10 rounds (55reps) at 135lbs

Kroc Rows
10 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 70

hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40lbs

db curls
3 x 10-15 x 30lbs

Conditioning
treadmill 5-6 incline = 20 minutes

weight

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deads
5 x 135
5 x 185
3 x 195
3 x 230
3 x 265

BBB
21 x 225 (just cause)
4 x 10 x 165

Death by Power cleans

Kroc Rows
10 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 70

hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40lbs

db curls
3 x 10-15 x 30lbs

Conditioning

weight
“For reasons,” lol?!?! You’re poking the bear, brother. I may have to do 310 lbs x 15 this weekend.

Great session, for a young buck! Haha. Really awesome man! Keep it up.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deads
5 x 135
5 x 185
3 x 195
3 x 230
3 x 265

BBB
21 x 225 (just cause)
4 x 10 x 165

Death by Power cleans

Kroc Rows
10 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 70

hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40lbs

db curls
3 x 10-15 x 30lbs

Conditioning

weight
“For reasons,” lol?!?! You’re poking the bear, brother. I may have to do 310 lbs x 15 this weekend.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Do it! I'll do 315!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can tell already you’re going to be a bad influence on this old back of mine!
Oh yeah I just remembered what I forgot to tell you in the private message earlier.
so yesterday I jumped into the deadlifts filled with piss and vinegar and ready to tear stuff up. I think I was on my warm up set of 135 or 185 and I felt a tiny pop in my right hamstring with minor 'bruise' type sensation.

i sat down and stretched a bit then just kept going and it went away. no injury. But IN THAT MOMENT my brain started talking to me and said "look, your hormones might be going crazy like you're 16 in the high school gym, but your body isn't 16 and it may justify a few extra minutes of stretching these days"

of course my hormones said quit being a pussy and go pick heavy **** up and put it back down lololol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Friday 7/16/2021

Bench
10 x 95
5 x 115
3 x 135
5 x 170
3 x190
5 x 215
1 x 235
1 x 250

bbb
5 x 10 x 140

super set with barbell rows
5 x 10 x 140

DB Bench
10 x 60
10 x 60
10 x 70

Hammer Curls
10 x 40
10 x 50
10 x 50

DB Curls
10 x 45
15 x 35
15 x 32.5
15 x 27.5 (last set was drop sets)

DB Lateral raises
15 x 25
15 x 30
10 x 30

Shrugs
3 x 15 x 70s

WOD
EMOTM 12 Minutes
Min 1 sled push
Min 2 10 x 135lb barbell rows
Min 3 10 x dips
4 rounds

weight

Total lbs moved
28,367lbs ( just tracking this cause my last bench session total poundage moved was 15,760 according to app)

notes
Sat night we took the boat for a little cruise and I had planned on having a blowout cheat 'meal' not all day, but basically pub crawl dinner with every carb I could find. Problem is carbs were hard to find. seems like when you eat out most foods are just fat fat fat. the pub crawl lasted probably about 5 hours ish, I had 3 beers and a couple bourbons but my stomach was so tight and full it basically hurt lol. We didn't even finish our actual meal of street tacos, ended up taking it home. I did weigh in this morning at 180 so I know that will all melt off fast this week since it's likely 90% water weight.

Starting today I have exactly 3 full weeks of a hardcore cut until August 7th when my wife and I go on a one week vacation. But after this weekends attempt at a refeed/cheat meal I don't think there will be any of that on vacation. we are taking a rice cooker with us as well and I'm guessing we will be 90% clean eating.

Did take some measurements. waist was 33" measured right above belly button which I think is bloated from the weekend. Guns are.............. barely 15". which is funny cause I think last time I measured they broke 16" and i thought I had been maintaining more size this time. Funny how we always think things are better than they are as guys yet my wife always thinks things are worse than they are for herself lol

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice benching, boss! That’s a lot of volume!

So the hard cut is on, eh? What’s your end goal for the cut? Conversely, I’m still trying to gain a few more pounds. I’m at 174 lbs (32” waist, 15.5” arms), so we’re shaped similarly. You actually may be leaner than me cuz I’m 5’8” (vs. you at 5’9”, I think) but I’m hung, lol. 🤣

Alas, you’re def stronger than me, natty young buck.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice benching, boss! That’s a lot of volume!

So the hard cut is on, eh? What’s your end goal for the cut? Conversely, I’m still trying to gain a few more pounds. I’m at 174 lbs (32” waist, 15.5” arms), so we’re shaped similarly. You actually may be leaner than me cuz I’m 5’8” (vs. you at 5’9”, I think) but I’m hung, lol. 🤣

Alas, you’re def stronger than me, natty young buck.
haha an extra 2lbs of wang or so there? 😂😂

I haven't truly measured my waist in YEARS so I did today to get a baseline since I went ahead and downloaded Layne Nortons carbon coach to track progress. end goal is basically sub 10% BF and a nice summer shred.

Starting my weight and measurements today is likely going to make it look like I make way too much progress the first week. I wouldn't be surprised to see my weight drop 5lbs by Friday after the weekends cheat/binge.

I will say this. This winter when I was mostly just power lifting my squat belt was on the 3rd hole. Friday when I was benching it went into the 5th hole easily. so tonight since I'm squatting I'll see if I'm still on the 5th hole and I'll do waist measurement again friday to see what's real and whats not.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
haha an extra 2lbs of wang or so there?

I haven't truly measured my waist in YEARS so I did today to get a baseline since I went ahead and downloaded Layne Nortons carbon coach to track progress. end goal is basically sub 10% BF and a nice summer shred.

Starting my weight and measurements today is likely going to make it look like I make way too much progress the first week. I wouldn't be surprised to see my weight drop 5lbs by Friday after the weekends cheat/binge.

I will say this. This winter when I was mostly just power lifting my squat belt was on the 3rd hole. Friday when I was benching it went into the 5th hole easily. so tonight since I'm squatting I'll see if I'm still on the 5th hole and I'll do waist measurement again friday to see what's real and whats not.
you’re the only other person on here who types these long narratives, lol. Just start posting some pics already. The suspense is killing us, haha.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you’re the only other person on here who types these long narratives, lol. Just start posting some pics already. The suspense is killing us, haha.
LOL I'm not going to wait until the day after a cheat weekend up 5lbs to post pube pics

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
LOL I'm not going to wait until the day after a cheat weekend up 5lbs to post pube pics
That will make for the best “before,” silly rabbit.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Her name is Farrah! My wife named her. Lol
It’s good youre riding a female at least, lol. Not that there’d be anything wrong with going the other way, haha.

You look fit, but it’s hard to tell much from the pic, as you know.

I’d go with the bloated pic. Don’t be so vain, haha.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OK @jinxie good squat session. not great, but good:

Squats
5 x 110
5 x 135
3 x 160
5 x 205
3 x 230
6 x 255 (AMRAP)
1 x 275
1 x 300 (eh, I did NOT hit depth so this is sorta a failed rep)

bbb
5 x 10 x 140

super set with chin ups
5 x 10

Front Squats
5 x 140
8 x 140
10 x 140

barbell curls
3 x 10 x 75

hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40s

db curls
3 x 10 x 35
(sorta low weight but slow and controlled for the pump)

cable curls
3 x 15

conditioning
25 minutes LISS/incline treadmill/200 cals

weight

NOTES
255LB amrap was 8 reps on 2/3/2021
250lb amrap was 11 reps on 3/2/2021
265lb amrap was 9 reps on 3/9/2021
But I was 8lbs heavier back then so I am not too disappointed.

working to get more protein in. Current rx is:

Pro 170
Cho 159
Fat 58

having a hard time getting that protein in so working a protein shake in first thing in the morning on my way to work before breakfast.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
OK @jinxie good squat session. not great, but good:

Squats
5 x 110
5 x 135
3 x 160
5 x 205
3 x 230
6 x 255 (AMRAP)
1 x 275
1 x 300 (eh, I did NOT hit depth so this is sorta a failed rep)

bbb
5 x 10 x 140

super set with chin ups
5 x 10

Front Squats
5 x 140
8 x 140
10 x 140

barbell curls
3 x 10 x 75

hammer curls
3 x 10 x 40s

db curls
3 x 10 x 35
(sorta low weight but slow and controlled for the pump)

cable curls
3 x 15

conditioning
25 minutes LISS/incline treadmill/200 cals

weight

NOTES
255LB amrap was 8 reps on 2/3/2021
250lb amrap was 11 reps on 3/2/2021
265lb amrap was 9 reps on 3/9/2021
But I was 8lbs heavier back then so I am not too disappointed.

working to get more protein in. Current rx is:

Pro 170
Cho 159
Fat 58

having a hard time getting that protein in so working a protein shake in first thing in the morning on my way to work before breakfast.
Nice squatting, sport. You def would have hit that 300 but for pushing that 255 set so hard.

My squat max is projected at 293 now; even assuming I can hit that (I haven’t been doing heavy singles yet, but am almost ready), you’re def ahead of me!

Let’s race to 350, to encourage one another, brother.

Keep up the good work!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let’s race to 350, to encourage one another, brother.

Keep up the good work!
I'm down for that! I think my all time PR was 345, even though I pulled 450 with a 320 squat. I've never been a good squatter but my real long term pipe dream of a goal.... I still want to give myself a 500lb deadlift on my 40th....

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm down for that! I think my all time PR was 345, even though I pulled 450 with a 320 squat. I've never been a good squatter but my real long term pipe dream of a goal.... I still want to give myself a 500lb deadlift on my 40th....
Sounds good. Let’s crack that PR! (Mine is 450 lbs for conventional DLs.)

See my log for the rules with an explanation that I don’t want to bog down your log with.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Moving this up so I don’t need to see lower male groin. 🤣

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
overhead press
5 x 65
5 x 80
3 x 95

5 x 120
3 x 135
5 x 150
1 x 175

bbb
5 x 10 x 95

push press
3 x 5 x 185
3 x 10 x 155

db lateral raises
3 x 15

hang power cleans (to get some pull in the day)
3 x 10

super set with barbell curls
3 x 10 x 65

conditioning
30 min incline LISS / 200 cals

weight

notes
really thought I had more in the tank for that press today, figured 6+ was easy but when I got under the bar I could tell I have not been training heavy overhead. I used to push press 225 for reps and jerk 260+ but 185 felt very very heavy on my whole body. so I need to really practice more overhead work.

On another note: I added 2 protein shakes in yesterday. one before breakfast and a 'muscle builder' during my workout (38g carbs, 24g pro) and still ended up light on carbs and about 300 calories low. I'm not going to stress over major changes this week but for next weeks food prep I'm going to add more egg and rice to my breakfast and lunch.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
overhead press
5 x 65
5 x 80
3 x 95

5 x 120
3 x 135
5 x 150
1 x 175

bbb
5 x 10 x 95

push press
3 x 5 x 185
3 x 10 x 155

db lateral raises
3 x 15

hang power cleans (to get some pull in the day)
3 x 10

super set with barbell curls
3 x 10 x 65

conditioning
30 min incline LISS / 200 cals

weight

notes
really thought I had more in the tank for that press today, figured 6+ was easy but when I got under the bar I could tell I have not been training heavy overhead. I used to push press 225 for reps and jerk 260+ but 185 felt very very heavy on my whole body. so I need to really practice more overhead work.

On another note: I added 2 protein shakes in yesterday. one before breakfast and a 'muscle builder' during my workout (38g carbs, 24g pro) and still ended up light on carbs and about 300 calories low. I'm not going to stress over major changes this week but for next weeks food prep I'm going to add more egg and rice to my breakfast and lunch.
Dustin, you keep up the same volume and intensity when you’re on a deep cut? Have you considered that maybe less could be more here? Admittedly, I easily overtrain and don’t mean to project my issues. In any case, looks like a good session overall to me.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Honestly that's pretty low volume for me, only 5 movements if you separate push press from press (questionable) and not a lot of tricep/shoulder accessory work. I think my biggest flaw right now is trying to get more calories to feed the volume.

When I am purely strength training my volume tends to be lower tho... right now I'm experimenting with a couple things to see what my body responds better too (more volume, or less volume) but the biggest difference in my training now vs say a year ago is I'm doing very very very little HIIT intentionally

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly that's pretty low volume for me, only 5 movements if you separate push press from press (questionable) and not a lot of tricep/shoulder accessory work. I think my biggest flaw right now is trying to get more calories to feed the volume.

When I am purely strength training my volume tends to be lower tho... right now I'm experimenting with a couple things to see what my body responds better too (more volume, or less volume) but the biggest difference in my training now vs say a year ago is I'm doing very very very little HIIT intentionally
I’m sure you’re right. But I can’t imagine doing the 5x10 sets before trying to do heavy push presses. Then again, I’m sort of a high volume wuss. When my muscles get really engorged with blood, my strength falls off a cliff.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh so what I actually did was my OH press

I attempted a 185 strict press but didn't have it so I knocked out my 185 push press, then my 155 cause I just didn't feel like I had done enough hypertrophy / heavy work
Then finished withy big but boring 5x10 set

I just sorta logged it funny cause the order the app has them organized

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep in my I was a crossfitter for years. Competed a lot, coached, L1, L2 and countless other certs and owned a gym for a while so what I'm doing now is all low impact compared to the sessions I used to run

It's hard to not just walk in, train, and add an intense wod to every workout but I know it's what's best to avoid catabolism.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Keep in my I was a crossfitter for years. Competed a lot, coached, L1, L2 and countless other certs and owned a gym for a while so what I'm doing now is all low impact compared to the sessions I used to run

It's hard to not just walk in, train, and add an intense wod to every workout but I know it's what's best to avoid catabolism.
Yeah, I keep trying to overlook it. 🤣 With that said, you look really jacked in that pic from when you were competing.

From my perspective, that sort of training has always seemed like a recipe for overtraining, sloppy form and injuries. I know I’m generalizing unfairly — it’s based mostly on idiots I use to see at the gym. Plus, I’m injury prone.

You’ll figure it all out. And yeah, now that you explained your workout order, it makes sense to me.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I blame bad form 50/50 on coaching and the athlete. a bad coach is no good, but some athletes are just not coachable IMO. they think they know everything and won't listen. I mean... that's just human nature lol.

thinking back to my competition days the biggest difference in my daily nutrition and calories even back then was:
BCAA + pre-workout + dextrose (probably like 50g carbs) pre workout/intra workout, then protein shake post workout. Nutrition stayed 100% dialed all week and no booze until either Friday or Saturday at which point we'd go to a favorite haunt, close the place down at 2:30 am, then hit dennys for omlettes. But Sunday I was back to 100% clean eating.

back then my training sessions were like 2hours 5-6 days a week, but my commute was only 30 minutes and today it's closer to 90-120minutes in the evening. now days I train 4-5 times a week so intensity is probably down a bit to match age and recovery.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Putting you back on top, where you belong, lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OK last night:

deads
5 x 135
5 x 165
3 x 195

5 x 245
3 x 280
15 x 315 (amrap)
1 x 365
1 x 405

5 x 10 x 185

death by clean and jerk
10 rounds at 135lbs / 55 reps

ab rollouts
3 x 10

conditioning
incline treadmill 15 minutes/100 cals.

weight
177.6 <- the most American weight.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great session, Dustin. I bet you can pull at least 450 lbs now, and probably very close to 500 lbs, if you’re reasonably fresh.

As noted, if I hit AMRAP sets like that every week, I’m likely to overtrain or get injured. It takes me a couple weeks to recover from that. At any rate, I’m impressed. You’re already a good ways ahead of me, even though I’m using a hex bar.[/QUOTE]

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks man, I already know that I am best off leaving these to only 3-4 week cycles at MAX and then deloading. it IS very taxing and I don't recovery like I did at 30. With that said, I go on a 1 week vacation august 7th so I'm trying to kill it until then knowing I will have a long deload and wont' have access to a barbell from the boat lol.

I may attempt 1rm that week prior as a peak week and see what happens

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Whelp screwed up and didn't realize today was a deload lol. Oh well benching hard anyways.

Also, apparently ear fat is a thing cause after cutting 15lbs my ear buds are not staying in ad well anymore

Also had a couple drinks with my wife last night... Only three. Completely hungover today. I've gone so dry the past few weeks I have zero alcohol tolerance all the sudden. Man I could drink anyone under the table before this cut.
Screenshot_20210724-093056.jpg

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We’ve all been there man. Good job still hanging in there and doing the work.

I played tennis for 2 hours this morning, like last weekend, so I expect a poor performance lifting today.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can tell I should have deloaded lol
Was the set of 8 a mistake or were just doing your own thing rather than following your programming? Looks like it should have been a set of 3, no?

I start a deload week after today’s workout and feel like I need it. So please, no challenges this week, haha. Feeling beaten up from too much activity.