Time to give this another go.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I logged in to AM for the first time in quite a few years, last night. I read entirely through my last complete log, which was started in 2013/14 or something like that. A lot has happened since then. Long story short, I have lost muscle and head hair and have gained fat and body hair. The pleasures of aging, I suppose.
I retired from the Army on the last day of 2019. Reading through my last log, I was bitching about a shoulder (left) that I injured. Over the course of about four years, I got upwards of 20 injections in that shoulder to keep the pain numb. The last time I asked for an injection (end of '17 I suppose), I was sent for an MRI and was under the knife two weeks later. Biceps tenodesis, labrum repair, a lot of clean-up work in the rotator, had a torn infra and supraspinatus among other fraying and scarring. 45 days in sling with wedge, and a whole lot of PT for months after.
I've had a couple of other surgeries since then, a whole lot of injury and a body that felt like it was falling apart. All this led to an overwhelming amount of unneeded stress and, as much as I hate to admit it, depression.
I did some contract work for a couple of years, got stuck in AFG for a while during the beginning of the pandemic and continued to treat my body like ****.
I had spurts of motivation here and there, but nothing that lasted long enough to make any real difference.
So, here I am today. My waking weight was 182.4 this morning. I'm down 17.2lbs from about 5-6 weeks ago. I haven't been tracking dates until today, and I hope to stay diligent and dedicated to this journey as I have in the past. It has taken a lot to get past my own biggest obstacle (me) and get back to ways of old.
I have very little desire to share what I look like right now, but in order to hold myself accountable, I will.
Here's to a new beginning, hopefully with no end.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My "workouts", for now, are pretty basic and light.
Tonight consisted of the following:

4 rounds (constant circuit, no breaks)
Back squat-135lbsx10
75 single jump ropes
35lb KB swingsx12

4 sets
DL-BO row-hang power clean-OH press without dropping the bar 65lbsx12

Dinner was 1lb ribeye, 1 avocado.

I don't consume carbohydrates. I am not consuming any supplements. I'm on 200mg Test E weekly (TRT)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waking weight: 181.8 (-17.8)

calisthenics to get the blood flowing
50xpushups/sit-ups/air squats
24oz water

Scored a huge deal last night. Saved $120 by buying a beef rib roast and having them slice it into ribeyes. $6.99/lb vs. $14.99/lb.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Thank you for your service and I am looking forward to your progress!
It was a job, I don’t know how to respond to that.
I am too, man. It’s been a long time coming. I treated myself terribly for a couple of years. Gonna take a lot to fix it, but it’s worth it. Thanks for hanging out.
Good luck with your return!
Thank you!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am too, man. It’s been a long time coming. I treated myself terribly for a couple of years. Gonna take a lot to fix it, but it’s worth it. Thanks for hanging out.

Thank you!
Welcome back!
Markets fluctuate! We can’t always be the best version of ourselves. I treated my body like a chemistry set/amusement park from summer of 15 until New Years 2020. Then just dragged ass until May of this year. The log will keep you honest. You got this Bro!!! Dig the beard
With great facial hair comes great responsibility!!!

Last edited:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My "workouts", for now, are pretty basic and light.
Tonight consisted of the following:

4 rounds (constant circuit, no breaks)
Back squat-135lbsx10
75 single jump ropes
35lb KB swingsx12

4 sets
DL-BO row-hang power clean-OH press without dropping the bar 65lbsx12

Dinner was 1lb ribeye, 1 avocado.

I don't consume carbohydrates. I am not consuming any supplements. I'm on 200mg Test E weekly (TRT)
no veggies?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There’s always one in the comments section…

OP’s out here trying to get his **** together, and on page one someone is worrying about a couple trace micronutrients & 4g of fiber that can be gotten elsewhere (like the avocado, coincidentally).

Lighten up, Johnny. Baby steps.
hyde damn buddy i was tryin to get info on his diet so i could do it. i dont get how you got negativity from me askin the dude if he ever eats veggies?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hyde damn buddy i was tryin to get info on his diet so i could do it. i dont get how you got negativity from me askin the dude if he ever eats veggies?
lol guess YouTube has made me a skeptic

Consistency first is most important.

But you can include some green veggies and low sugar fruit even in keto, you really just want to watch the net carbs and make choices that getting you some solid micros. Dr Sten Ekberg has some good videos on healthful keto foods/diet organization (although he’s more of a longevity guy, was an Olympic endurance athlete years ago).

Nuts, greens, some peppers & such. Just being mindful of quantity you can do a lot, salads & such. Total calories still very much matter though, obviously.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Get busy living, or get busy dying…but comfort is a slow death.
I was behind a Jeep today w a tire cover that read
“Comfort Is A Slow Death” and had a vanity plate FREMKT

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
lol guess YouTube has made me a skeptic

Consistency first is most important.

But you can include some green veggies and low sugar fruit even in keto, you really just want to watch the net carbs and make choices that getting you some solid micros. Dr Sten Ekberg has some good videos on healthful keto foods/diet organization (although he’s more of a longevity guy, was an Olympic endurance athlete years ago).

Nuts, greens, some peppers & such. Just being mindful of quantity you can do a lot, salads & such. Total calories still very much matter though, obviously.
theres a girl at work that does omad keto carnivore lol shes skinny af but she also kinda looks sickly. i have good luck on keto and intermittant fasting. just wondered if maybe i should drop the greens

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was behind a Jeep today w a tire cover that read
“Comfort Is A Slow Death” and had a vanity plate FREMKT
I don’t know what that plate means 🤷‍♂️

theres a girl at work that does omad keto carnivore lol shes skinny af but she also kinda looks sickly. i have good luck on keto and intermittant fasting. just wondered if maybe i should drop the greens
Not if you enjoy them and you keep them low enough to stay in ketosis, if that’s your intention I’m assuming. But if you don’t, you can make other food choices or supplement the missing vitamins if necessary.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Not if you enjoy them and you keep them low enough to stay in ketosis, if that’s your intention I’m assuming. But if you don’t, you can make other food choices or supplement the missing vitamins if necessary.
i mean i dont LOVE them lol but broccoli does seem to help keep hunger away

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Free market I’m guessing

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
@Smont @PolishHamm3r77 hi guys! thanks for the kind words and thanks for hanging out. Today was a day off, kid had to take the ACT early this morning and then I spent all day watching a track meet. This evening I've be putting a ceramic coat on my car, so that's that.

@johnny412 hello and welcome. For the most part, no veggies. I'm not full "carnivore", but I've mostly eliminated every veggie with the exception of lettuce (avocado is actually a fruit). I decided to stop with broccoli last week. It makes me very gassy and uncomfortable the next day. I eliminated asparagus because it makes my piss stink, and I wonder if that can even be a healthy reaction. I'll research more. I'll eventually come back to other veggies, but for now it's mostly meat/meat products. I don't have an issue with movements, so "lack" of fiber isn't having an adverse impact. My thoughts, originally, were just to eliminate common carbs (bread, pasta, sugar in general), but I took it a bit further. If I start feeling depleted physically, or mentally, I may toss in a sweet potato on Monday and Thursday evenings. Don't worry about that Hyde guy. He's been on these boards for a long time and wasn't ever necessarily "nice".

@Hyde aloha, again! Glad to see that some of the folks that were here when I disappeared last are still kicking it.

Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, 1 Tbsp kerrygold butter
480 calories

I'll have a grilled chicken caesar here in a bit for dinner. I'll probably end the day around 1000 calories, mostly for lack of time to eat.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Smont @PolishHamm3r77 hi guys! thanks for the kind words and thanks for hanging out. Today was a day off, kid had to take the ACT early this morning and then I spent all day watching a track meet. This evening I've be putting a ceramic coat on my car, so that's that.

@johnny412 hello and welcome. For the most part, no veggies. I'm not full "carnivore", but I've mostly eliminated every veggie with the exception of lettuce (avocado is actually a fruit). I decided to stop with broccoli last week. It makes me very gassy and uncomfortable the next day. I eliminated asparagus because it makes my piss stink, and I wonder if that can even be a healthy reaction. I'll research more. I'll eventually come back to other veggies, but for now it's mostly meat/meat products. I don't have an issue with movements, so "lack" of fiber isn't having an adverse impact. My thoughts, originally, were just to eliminate common carbs (bread, pasta, sugar in general), but I took it a bit further. If I start feeling depleted physically, or mentally, I may toss in a sweet potato on Monday and Thursday evenings. Don't worry about that Hyde guy. He's been on these boards for a long time and wasn't ever necessarily "nice".

@Hyde aloha, again! Glad to see that some of the folks that were here when I disappeared last are still kicking it.

480 calories

I'll have a grilled chicken caesar here in a bit for dinner. I'll probably end the day around 1000 calories, mostly for lack of time to eat.
how is your energy level eating like that?

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how is your energy level eating like that?
honestly, my energy level now surpasses the CONSISTENT energy level I had for the past couple of years, if that makes any sense. I consumed a lot of refined sugars for a long time. Lots of peaks and valleys throughout the day. My fats are pretty high right now, and I have plenty of BF to burn. I'm pretty sure my body is reacting to ketosis very well.
I will say, even if my overall energy levels were lower than before, I'd be ok with it for a few reasons. I sleep much better (I quit snoring). I don't ache in the mornings aside from DOMS. I breathe better. I feel more limber. Nagging ailments aren't as noticeable. The lack of inflammation would be worth a slight dip in energy, if I were to experience that. The first few days weren't the most pleasant, but those are behind me.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

480 calories

Attachments

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like you got things on track and are working towards a goal. Life happens, **** happens, we correct it and move on!

little late but following along!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if this is the fat and hairy version of you then it seems like you have a damn good foundation to build from here man.
also I shave more hair off my back than you grow on your beard so I wouldn't worry about body hair 😅
No doubt dude! I wear a sweater year round and I have the oh so sexy “hair horseshoe” on my head
Picture Tom Cruise’s character in Tropic Thunder Les Grossman. 5’6” 195 @ 28% bf. We ALL got problems

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No doubt dude! I wear a sweater year round and I have the oh so sexy “hair horseshoe” on my head
Picture Tom Cruise’s character in Tropic Thunder Les Grossman. 5’6” 195 @ 28% bf. We ALL got problems
That was a great character, FWIW

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm the same way. I have three different electric razors and enough experience to have valid opinions on multiple back razors 😅

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Thank you!
The most important one in the US as far as Im concerned... Props to you, whether you think they are deserved or not, people appreciate you..

stevezhou

Awards
This is very encouraging ! subbed and hope the best for you.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Range day: .308, 5.55, 9mm varying drills.

waking weight 183.8. I won't continue to use weight as a metric, at this point, as I'm lifting again and don't expect weight loss to be as rapid, since muscle will start growing again.
1320 calories in I had a bowl of chili, and I enjoyed it. I'm ok with those carbs.

1 mile run 8:15
4 rounds, no rest between exercises, 20 sec rest between sets
BP 135x12, Trap bar DL 175x10, BO KB rows 53x10, triceps kick-backs 25x8

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if this is the fat and hairy version of you then it seems like you have a damn good foundation to build from here man.
also I shave more hair off my back than you grow on your beard so I wouldn't worry about body hair 😅
I'm hairier than I was, but I tend to keep everything pretty groomed. I also shaved my beard down to 3/4" yesterday. Idle hands...
The most important one in the US as far as Im concerned... Props to you, whether you think they are deserved or not, people appreciate you..
I'd argue that parenting and teaching are more important, but I smell what you're stepping in. Thank you.
This is very encouraging ! subbed and hope the best for you.
Welcome, and thank you!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
waking weight, 182.8
1138 calories in

Long day at work, short workout session.

50 burpees
4 rounds, no rest between exercises, :20 between sets
Power Clean+Push Press 95x10
KB swings 53x10
Pistol box squats w/25lb DBx12 (6 each side)
50 burpees

Sorry if don't quote everyone, I truly do appreciate your presence and positivity. I promise I'll get back to being funny again once I can balance my schedule.
I work a full-time job and I'm currently a single dad to two teenage boys, a Rottweiler, a Cane Corso and two fukcing cats that I can't stand because my wife is traveling for work. Balance is hard to come by.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1912 calories in
100/100/100 pushups, air squats, situps

1818 calories in
75/75/75 pushups, air squats, situps (morning)

9 minutes of treadmill intervals (1 min run 7 minute pace, 1 minute walk 12ish minute pace)
seated DB OHP 35x12, 45x12, 50x10, 50x10
machine reverse flyes, varying weight, 12 reps, 4 sets
standing DB front raises 25x12x4
9 minutes of treadmill intervals

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1560 cals in
stuck at work until 11pm
100/100/100 pushups, situps squats

1450ish calories in
9 min intervals
Squats @12 reps, Leg curls @12 reps x4 sets
9 min intervals
Hack squats @12 reps, Leg extensions @10 reps x4 sets
9 min intervals

Watched the fights. First three prelims were a good watch, the championship fights were disappointing.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey man, you're back at it and that's all that matters. One step at a time, one day at a time. We're here to help and keep you accountable.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't given up, just haven't had a whole lot of time to log with the holidays and all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
I had a half of a homemade cinnamon roll on NYE but other than that I have kept my foods pretty on point. Weight is still hovering around 182-184. I'll have some one month pics in a few days.
Workouts have been decent. Pulled a hammy while running the other day. I'm old.
That is all for now.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

dinner: 12oz salmon.
no lunch
Breakfast:4 whole eggs, 6 oz shaved beef, 1/4 cup cheese.

5 min intervals
B/O barbell rows 2x12
Palms facing pull-ups 2x12
Lateral raises 2x12
DB curls 2x12
EZ bar OH triceps extensions 2x15
Inclined Barbell bench 2x15
Cable choppers 2x12 low to high, 2x12 high to low.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't given up, just haven't had a whole lot of time to log with the holidays and all. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
I had a half of a homemade cinnamon roll on NYE but other than that I have kept my foods pretty on point. Weight is still hovering around 182-184. I'll have some one month pics in a few days.
Workouts have been decent. Pulled a hammy while running the other day. I'm old.
That is all for now.
Sorry to hear about your leg. When I feel something in my hamstring I always think of this episode of the kid’s show Bluey my son likes where the neighbor runs to catch a balloon for the kids and pulls his hamstring:

“Ahhhh, I’ve done me hammy!”

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your leg. When I feel something in my hamstring I always think of this episode of the kid’s show Bluey my son likes where the neighbor runs to catch a balloon for the kids and pulls his hamstring:

“Ahhhh, I’ve done me hammy!”
Hammy is fine.
Sorry for being so sparse with posting. Changes are still happening pretty consistently. Nutrition has been the same (without any counting calories, or weighing food), but I've gotten rid of all dairy (except butter for finishing). Weight is still hovering at 182ish upon waking. Recent full panel blood results are stellar. BP has dropped since last visit from 129/89 to 117/77. RHR has dropped from 89 to 64.

l'd imagine at this point I'm down to the low teens for BF%, but I have no calipers or time to dunk so it's a guesstimate, at best. I'll post some pics before this week ends. Off to the gym.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

7min intervals
1:00 walk 12-13 minute pace
1:00 run 6-6:45 pace

BO Barbell rows 3x12
UH Pull-ups 3x12
DB Lat raises 3x12
DB Bicep curls 3x15
EZ Bar OH triceps ext. 3x15

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That’s a great drop in bp and pulse; you’re reaping what you’ve been sowing.
I'm trying. I feel like I've made more progress than the pictures would indicate, but I guess I'm wrong. I looked back at my "Ruck Up Sucka" log and man, I was pretty damn fit. Gotta keep digging.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

High Bar Squats 3x12
Hack Squats (machine) 3x12
Leg extensions (machine) 3x10
Incline DB press 3x12 superset with incline DB flyes 3x10
Seated OH DB Press 3x12 SS w/standing DB front raises 3x10
Cable Shrugs 3x10

no dietary indiscretions.